Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

The fun comes from ruining the fun of others. It's a certain type of person, but a type that seems to be very well represented in the gaming community.

A few days ago I had a guy in a quick match who intentionally crashed the four-seater in a place that made him glitch into the roof of the car when he got out, which made him unreachable without throwing knives (and I happened to be out just then) as the car's hitbox absorbed even combat stance-aimed strikes. And of course he immediately started taunting over voice like he'd made a great accomplishment instead of wasting everyone's loving time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

McSpanky posted:

And of course he immediately started taunting over voice like he'd made a great accomplishment instead of wasting everyone's loving time.

Had that happen recently, I'll never understand that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm really liking Part 6 Jason, those radar ears come in really handy and the lack of the light jog isn't an actual setback since you should never be trying to run counselors down on foot anyways until the end game where everybody's terrified or injured or both.

Just strut around, toss those knives and pop your long Shift on to grab a counselor when they're limping. Radios are a pain in the rear end but that's the price you pay for Super Hearing.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

Had that happen recently, I'll never understand that.

Some people are just cunts.

I had a dude get called out for glitching into a wall at Packanack the other day. I had no idea he'd done it (playing Jason that round and I had a feeling) but after being called out he apologized and explained he was only doing it so he could eat.

Everyone told him to just hide properly next time.

Hell I've told every group I've played with, if I step out for a smoke and the game starts, feel free to kill me if I'm just standing there.

I also had a game yesterday where I morphed to one of the cabins with a generator and there was a dude inside. He started begging for his life and after I'd smashed the genny and the windows I told him to run along, but if I caught him again he was dead.

I ran into him a few minutes later with a battery. He begged for his life again and I murdered him.

I try to make my games as Jason fun and fair, so if I pop on you in the first few minutes, I'll probably let you go. But for real if I let you go once and I catch you again Imma kill you.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

joylessdivision posted:

I try to make my games as Jason fun and fair, so if I pop on you in the first few minutes, I'll probably let you go. But for real if I let you go once and I catch you again Imma kill you.

Hell, same. Today I ran across a Tommy Jarvis of somebody I just killed a few minutes before. He asked me to let him live because I just killed him, I say "okay, but I'm keeping my eye on you!".

The next time I ran across him I killed him... wasn't even really intentional but he literally climbed out of a window into my grab as I tried to nab the person who went out before him.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Hell, same. Today I ran across a Tommy Jarvis of somebody I just killed a few minutes before. He asked me to let him live because I just killed him, I say "okay, but I'm keeping my eye on you!".

The next time I ran across him I killed him... wasn't even really intentional but he literally climbed out of a window into my grab as I tried to nab the person who went out before him.

Oh yeah, it's just more fun because I hate spending 20 minutes spectating a match because I happened to be right where Jason spawned. poo poo is lame.

I still have a bunch of videos I recorded on my Xbox I need to edit and post to Youtube. Mostly amusing glitches and a counselor fight club that sadly doesn't have the hilarious commentary from the two dudes trying to kill each other, and my one 8/8 game as NES Jason where Stryker tried to get away in the car. He did a pretty good job but I still dragged him out and hacked him up.

That was a good game. The next game ended in like 5 minutes because they called the cops and mobbed me with a pack of Adam's. I'm pretty sure Stryker was the only one I killed that game. Possibly twice because I think he came back as Tommy and tried to escape.

:glomp: nothing personal dude, but after watching everyone else steam roll my rear end that game, you had to die.

It's always frustrating when you lose a round as Jason because of how things spawned. Sure it's awesome to be a counselor and get out in under 5 minutes because miracle of miracles all the car parts are near by and Jason is busy somewhere else, but it sucks to be Jason in that situation.

Also gently caress you roaming packs of Adam :argh:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I felt like an rear end in a top hat recently when I used my first morph to appear at the phone to lay some traps and when I went to chop through the hut while I was waiting for morph to come back I hit someone as they were trying to lock the door and wound up murdering someone in the first minute of the round.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

joylessdivision posted:

Oh yeah, it's just more fun because I hate spending 20 minutes spectating a match because I happened to be right where Jason spawned. poo poo is lame.

If I spawn right on top of someone as Jason, I usually let them go. Unless it's Chad or the fat kid.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Morph + Stalk with a ++Morph Jason is amazing, a short hop right into the middle of a group with no warning and a fully charged Shift to chase runners is :discourse:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Cythereal posted:

If I spawn right on top of someone as Jason, I usually let them go. Unless it's Chad or the fat kid.

Well that's just playing the game properly. Death to Chad and Chubbs.

Although I had a pretty good game with a Chad the other day who was 100% Chad voice the entire time.

It was delightful.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Hey I have a question. I'm on PS4 so I was wondering how do I report glitchers? I've been using Share Play to record glitchers, but I can't really find a way to send the video to Gun. If anyone could help me with that, I'd appreciate it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nicaden posted:

Hey I have a question. I'm on PS4 so I was wondering how do I report glitchers? I've been using Share Play to record glitchers, but I can't really find a way to send the video to Gun. If anyone could help me with that, I'd appreciate it.

I think we have to wait for the Report button to show up in a console update. Otherwise it is smug 10-year-olds gloating about how they survived. 😑

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

joylessdivision posted:

Some people are just cunts.

Really the big thing is "I must win at all costs." Other people having fun doesn't matter. I must always be victorious.

These are the same poo poo heels that will say "well if the devs didn't want us to use this exploit they'd patch it out" :smaug: These are the ones that always pick Oddjob.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've finished setting up the car, Jason is on his way, I'll get in and drive. What's the worst that can

oh

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Wow, Part 8 Jason is really good! The number of kills I get simply because people underestimate how quickly I can get through doors alone is staggering.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GOON TALES THE LEFT BEHIND EDITION

So I had an idea for a new homebrew game type today. I've toyed with this before but they've always been a bit flawed due to how the game works, and how limited your options are in a private lobby to gently caress with settings.

today I think I came up with my best one, especially after some rule checking and expanding by Terry and the others.

This actually works, and any Jason could do it if they announce their plans to their friends/victims ahead of time.

It's pretty easy to set up. Jason stands watch over the phone, and only the phone, for the first ten minutes. During this time, the survivors are free to fix and escape with the vehicles that they have available. Jason cannot interfere with this what so ever and will make no move to stop them for the first ten minutes. After the ten minutes are up, Jason is free to shake things up if he so wishes, maybe not necessarily killing everyone, but definitely throwing some chaos into the mix.

Whoever is Left Behind after the vehicles are gone are open to be murdered freely. Now in theory, this would only be 1 person, ultimately 2 if Tommy was called. But we all know that's not how Goons play. No, you're going to take the four seater for yourself, because if you don't, some one else will, now won't they? There is always a shotgun on the map, and if you are in their way of a seat, well that's just your problem. And some people will find batteries or gas, but some one else will have the keys. Now how to get everyone to play along?

Well that's not Jason's problem. He doesn't concern himself with who escapes. Only who is Left Behind.

If you gently caress with the phone, or Jason himself, you get One Warning. After that, Jason will kill you.

Now, if you find the phone fuse, and bring it to the Jason, you can ask for one wish. This wish may or may not be answered by Jason, but it most certainly will so long as it is within his power to grant. If you want one specific person dead, or if you'd like a guardian slasher, think of it, find the fuse first, and be the one to gift it to Jason for it to become yours.

We had three round of this with me as Jason, and I think they all went extremely well. Hopefully we'll be able to do some more games of it with other people as Jason.

In the first round, I got to witness Terry put together and steal the four seater car by himself while everyone was looking for the keys, had to kill Dancer for testing the traps around the phone, and slaughtered a whole bunch of people by the boat when the last five minutes were up, allowing One Chad to escape.

In the second round, I was presented the totem fuse to murder Sargo, who tried to regift the fuse but was summarily denied. Terry got murdered after attacking me twice, getting the warning. The second car was made inoperable due to keys dissolving into the ground, and everyone who wasn't in the four seater, which wasn't full, was slaughtered. I actually was going to have a second mini game in there, where the LAST person to get into the second car was going to get out alive, since it was after the ten minute mark and I was allowed to change up poo poo. Sadly I made a mistake and killed some one before they got the car going, destroying the keys.

In the third round, Tinfoil got the join the fun and immediately brought the totem fuse. His sole request was for me to act as his body guard in one specific instance. Fuckery abound, Dancer committed suicide for some reason, and in the end Tinfoil's devotion to the Totem Fuse paid off. The two seater was ready to go, but he had been bullied out of his seat. So I popped over there, before the last ten minutes due to the wish, and executed the bully allowing Tinfoil into the car and away to safety. After that was a rousing game of chase the AJ as a Part 7 Jason, which I eventually won through sheer attrition.

really fun, really simple. You would be surprised at how quickly goons turn on one another for a seat that may or may not be theirs.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gunder posted:

Wow, Part 8 Jason is really good! The number of kills I get simply because people underestimate how quickly I can get through doors alone is staggering.

Part 8 has quickly become my favorite. I think the best thing is that he's not a Jason that typically gets a lot of kills right off the bat. I usually go 4 or 5 minutes without killing anyone. I spend a lot of time collecting knives and trapping objectives, and doing other things to drive fear up. A lot of times the counselors mistake my patience for ineptitude, and I usually wind up getting a full clear.

Just had a game where Adam was the last one left, and he was limping and I was bearing down on him. He happened to run toward a campsite, so I said "hey man, you're definitely going to die, so can you be a sport and let me get my sleeping bag kill?" He obliged, and thank god because that is an achievement I would have likely never gotten legit.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Gunder posted:

Wow, Part 8 Jason is really good!

DrNutt posted:

Part 8 has quickly become my favorite.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

On one hand I'm pleased that the influence of best design is spreading, on the other hand, I've also started getting people griping at me because some guide said (Savini first and then) Part 8 is super strong. :mad:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tonight I was in a lobby where all night we'd track down and kill glitchers if one showed up, it was nice. Hopefully the mentality grows.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I got my first 8/8 as Part 7 last night and it was great to have to try my rear end off to actually kill everyone.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Beds are OP, nerf beds :argh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In a recent game as Jason, a guy ran into a room, opened a window, and hid under a bed. I walked in, ran out to head him off, but thought I lost him, so I went inside to smash a bed out of protest. It legit scared the poo poo out of both of us when blood started flying out :stonk:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Danaru posted:

In a recent game as Jason, a guy ran into a room, opened a window, and hid under a bed. I walked in, ran out to head him off, but thought I lost him, so I went inside to smash a bed out of protest. It legit scared the poo poo out of both of us when blood started flying out :stonk:

oh geez, someone left a bunch of jelly donuts in this bed! oh gosh jason youre just making a mess

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Tonight I was in a lobby where all night we'd track down and kill glitchers if one showed up, it was nice. Hopefully the mentality grows.

When I'm Jason I usually won't cooperate with collaborator counselors, but during a match last night I spared someone in exchange for leading me to the previous round's glitchers. (He ended up being the last counselor standing and I had to kill him, though I did give him a head start for his service.)

I also had a fun encounter with a glitcher who agreed to come out of hiding if I would agree to an honorable duel--if he stuns me he goes free, if I grab him he dies. He died.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

In on PC as ignite memories

Show me how to die

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So apparently today was gently caress with Dungeons day. Made a vid. Sorry I wasn't able to get back on. Had to be a dad and by the time I got back you all were done for the day it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10RxcsPYt0I

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

...and the pitch! posted:

Someday I may become mature enough not to laugh at people who say "I have gas"
I know your struggle.

Also, hey, I got to play as Jason during Giant Bomb's community stream! I'm the second Jason.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/midweek-multiplayer-madness-friday-the-13th/2300-12355/

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inside Out Mom posted:

So apparently today was gently caress with Dungeons day. Made a vid. Sorry I wasn't able to get back on. Had to be a dad and by the time I got back you all were done for the day it seems.

I was your friend in that set up man

Though the video missed all of my trying to friend with you stuff

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

I was your friend in that set up man

Though the video missed all of my trying to friend with you stuff

This is true. I cut a bunch of poo poo out because it was starting to get long. You were my right hand man. if only driving the car into the lake killed everyone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inside Out Mom posted:

This is true. I cut a bunch of poo poo out because it was starting to get long. You were my right hand man. if only driving the car into the lake killed everyone.

I'm watching your archive video

I FORGOT

That was the same goddamn match that I stole Terry's boat right in front of him after ensuring the phone got called with my body

loving Christ that was a good match.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Inside Out Mom posted:

i wasnt sure how the car got into the lake that game, since i was off screwing around with something else, but jesus it was better than i expected

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Mess with the dungeon, gonna have fun-geon.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

I'm watching your archive video

I FORGOT

That was the same goddamn match that I stole Terry's boat right in front of him after ensuring the phone got called with my body

loving Christ that was a good match.

True. I'll try to highlight that tomorrow. If Terry hadn't escaped, I would have expected nothing but his ire for you the next round.

And Kelp, yeah it's like the video game gods dropped a nice gift in my lap.

gently caress double post.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inside Out Mom posted:

True. I'll try to highlight that tomorrow. If Terry hadn't escaped, I would have expected nothing but his ire for you the next round.

And Kelp, yeah it's like the video game gods dropped a nice gift in my lap.

gently caress double post.

You missed it, but a little while later I got to be Part 9 Jason, and decided to win the day by being really friendly. So I made a deal with Terry pretty early on- if he got in the car, he could get out. If he wanted to, he could run over some people. I ignored the two seater entirely because who gives a poo poo about the two seater, which Dancer then trolled the poo poo out of them with before escaping on his own.

Terry was the only other one to escape. My phone remained untouched.

I only had to kill three people. The rest, the rest found the car.

We also had a good old fashioned witch hunt where some one was lying about having the keys until I punched them out of them.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

You missed it, but a little while later I got to be Part 9 Jason, and decided to win the day by being really friendly. So I made a deal with Terry pretty early on- if he got in the car, he could get out. If he wanted to, he could run over some people. I ignored the two seater entirely because who gives a poo poo about the two seater, which Dancer then trolled the poo poo out of them with before escaping on his own.

Terry was the only other one to escape. My phone remained untouched.

I only had to kill three people. The rest, the rest found the car.

We also had a good old fashioned witch hunt where some one was lying about having the keys until I punched them out of them.

I loving love this game. Especially with you guys.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

I know your struggle.

It's not going to be today. Hee hee.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Inside Out Mom posted:

If only you had stayed in the room we could've died together. Pulling the loving car into the lake was hilarious though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I had two great PUG groups today. The last good match had three Chads dueling to see who was the Chaddiest.

One Chad was killed by the other two.

The second one followed me to the boat to install the propeller so we could escape. Jason showed up, killed me, but in the kill animation I could see the second Chad speeding away ALONE LEAVING TWO OTHERS BEHIND ON THE PIER. I saw Jason kill him shortly thereafter.

I come back as Tommy, we try to find an escape, and THE THIRD CHAD SWIMS OUT WITH ANOTHER GIRL TO THE BOAT AND THEY ESCAPE.

There was also another girl who refused to be taken alive and committed suicide-by-bear trap.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Untrustable posted:

If only you had stayed in the room we could've died together. Pulling the loving car into the lake was hilarious though.

No egrets

• Locked thread