Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Use gpose to take photos. There's no excuse not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fister Roboto posted:

Summoner feels really fun in PVP, although that might just be a byproduct of PVP being really fun.

I hadn't touched summoner since ARR and it was definitely fun in PVP being able to immediately dreadwyrm->deathflare->bahamut->akh morn and dump on someone at range.

Ramadu posted:

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ramadu posted:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Emperors New Fists is the only viable Monk weapon glamour.

Kettle Knuckles Nexus, Makai Fists, and AF3 fists all exist as well so this is wrong.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It's been a very very long time since I ran into this guy but

I like to think he's out there spear fishing right now.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Hellfire claws are also a good monk glamour.

Hell yeah, used those to hide the shame of my Kinna Claws when I hit 60.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i like fishing. send help

also /gpose or whatever lighting bullshit is for nerds!!!!!!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Minrad posted:

he was being nice in chat but the context was him standing in hallways and entering his cpose idle stance any time an extra mob was pulled by accident or otherwise.

in like a hundred potd runs I've not had a group where they're actively clearing/looting rooms to the extreme deteriment of the run, and the slowest runs are usually ones where some guy needs to stop clearing the potd to stop and let everyone know how much faster it would go if they were as fast as them.

I've definitely had groups that wanted to fullclear even when we were at 60 but after a single party message saying 'hey, we don't need to do that' I just went along with it cause I wasn't gonna change their minds.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

vOv posted:

I've definitely had groups that wanted to fullclear even when we were at 60 but after a single party message saying 'hey, we don't need to do that' I just went along with it cause I wasn't gonna change their minds.

My favorite shitters are the ones that, when the first month in a 2 mob pull unlocks the passage gate, go and plant themselves at the gate and refuse to assist on the 2nd mob.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

potd full clears are cancer and the people who want them are degenerate.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
potd is something I feel strongly about and I will be thankful for space elevator to replace it Soon (tm)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Sometimes youtube gives me a real gem in my recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5SZIG_q0Wo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

My favorite shitters are the ones that, when the first month in a 2 mob pull unlocks the passage gate, go and plant themselves at the gate and refuse to assist on the 2nd mob.

I've wiped because we had a healer do this exact thing. Hit a summoning trap while also dealing with the wandering enemies, couldn't handle them all without heals and died. Not once did they move until the enemies came for them, and by then it was too late.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I've wiped because we had a healer do this exact thing. Hit a summoning trap while also dealing with the wandering enemies, couldn't handle them all without heals and died. Not once did they move until the enemies came for them, and by then it was too late.

Summoning traps (and all traps in general) only happen in the proper rooms, so you were fighting wandering enemies while in a room where you hadn't already popped the trap or seen where it is instead of in the hallway. That's not the healer's fault, and if it was a dps you probably still would have died. You can solo potd up to 100, given enough effort and planning, so a single person sitting quietly in the corner, or even yelling at you for pulling more, cannot make you wipe. They can be a dick, for sure, but not wipe you.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Actually in this case his mistake was trying to help you at all, if you don't do anything to get on a mobs agro table it'll reset once it's target dies letting the healer revive you without any issue.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Summoning traps (and all traps in general) only happen in the proper rooms, so you were fighting wandering enemies while in a room where you hadn't already popped the trap or seen where it is instead of in the hallway. That's not the healer's fault, and if it was a dps you probably still would have died. You can solo potd up to 100, given enough effort and planning, so a single person sitting quietly in the corner, or even yelling at you for pulling more, cannot make you wipe. They can be a dick, for sure, but not wipe you.

Apparently there's an achievement now for solo up to 200. I'm a little dubious about the logistics, though I do see that there's a RDM in Elemental data center who somehow solo'd to 186.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Brainamp posted:

Glamours!

Pretty sure that's a highlady.

Weird, although I was looking on my phone so proportions might have been off

Augus posted:

yeah, Roes don't even get that hairstyle pretty sure

Idk how I would know that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ramadu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOBpATa1HUY

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No I'm pretty sure had the healer not run away and healed us instead of letting us deal we would have survived.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Oh we're doing photos.
Well, here's my Purple Pineapple Snowflake.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those Valkyries Trousers I mentioned (i225) aren't as fitting as I thought they'd be.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ibblebibble posted:

My glam rule is no more than one item from an item set. It's kept me going through GW2, WoW and now FF14. Whilst I love the Ala Mhigo striking set and MNK AF3, rules are rules. :colbert:

There's something on your face :ohdear:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Make sure that the Truth of Mountains/Forests ability is on. Why those abilities don't auto-activate is beyond me, they cost literally nothing to use but a click.

I have those abilities macroed with my job switch command, so that saves me a bit of frustration / confusion.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

No I'm pretty sure had the healer not run away and healed us instead of letting us deal we would have survived.

And if you hadn't been fighting wandering mobs in rooms you wouldn't have triggered the trap that caused the problem in the first place, soooo

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Oh right, glams -

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

And if you hadn't been fighting wandering mobs in rooms you wouldn't have triggered the trap that caused the problem in the first place, soooo

Are you being willfully dense here

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Are you being willfully dense here

Let me introduce you to the concept of The Just World Hypothesis.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
About the only time I go out of my way in POTD these days is via exploring for the exit or if someone asks everyone to go for silver chests, to which I reply 'if they're not too out of the way sure I'll go for them.'

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm still leveling RDM, but man I like that Sirensong chest.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The full Sirensong caster set, undyed is... interesting.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Idk how I would know that

by having tried out Roe customization before? :shrug:
I wasn't trying to challenge you.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The full Sirensong caster set, undyed is... interesting.

That's just the wind silk set. You can get that super cheap on the MB because it drops from Palace of the Dead accursed hoard bags, and with so many people running palace again lately to level up there's a new glut of cheap glams.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Leal posted:

Makai monk fists are great too.

So people who hit 70 on crafters, think its possible to make HQ level 70 crafting/gathering gear while still wearing melded ironworks or should I try to craft up a set of 68/65 before going to 70?
Melded ironworks is plenty all the way to 70, I didn't upgrade anything before 70 and the 70 gear was easy to make when I got there.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finally managed a crew that could get through the Menagerie. Cool expansion. I think it had higher highs than HW but I prefer how tightly paced and focused HW was through its mainplot. Gonna try and get the two ex dungeons done tonight then go on a run of post HW bonus content that I missed before my sub expires.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Vil posted:

Apparently there's an achievement now for solo up to 200. I'm a little dubious about the logistics, though I do see that there's a RDM in Elemental data center who somehow solo'd to 186.

I think the sustaining potions they added must be key to pulling it off, given that was the only notable change they made when they decided solo 200 was possible.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Look up Wreck-it raiding on catgirl bargains

I sent a message on the discord. I did finally manage to clear it. I've never tried doing the extreme primals shortly after release (other than Bismark during Heavensward), and finding a party to clear Susano was really an adventure. I think I may give up on running DF/PF for the rest of the Susano tokens for now because there isn't really enough margin to account for the average group DPS in combination with all the mechanics deaths.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I potioned a MNK and now need to figure out how to play this job.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

I think the sustaining potions they added must be key to pulling it off, given that was the only notable change they made when they decided solo 200 was possible.

The sustaining potions are probably a % based regen (like the Sustain spell that SCH/SMN no longer have). The only boss I think would be iffy now is F180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Can't say no to shamelessly showing off glamours.

Didn't bother glamouring the weapon since I just picked it up but honestly it looks pretty cool anyway.