Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ArbitraryC posted:

an impressive combo of letting your friend know you only valued the friendship for the chance of sex with invalidating their sexuality.

Down->Right + Sucker Punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I[28M] said something sexual to my lesbian friend [21F], afraid I ruined the friendship

I am not sure if this can be fixed? :thunk:

Me and my buddies dropped a guy from our circle of friends because of his budding coke problem. But before that happened he would do really painfully embarrassing poo poo like brag to strangers that we had met that he had gone to Colombia and hosed so many prostitutes at the brothel. Which is about as impressive as buying toilet paper from the store, exccept creepy as gently caress.

After we dropped him we met a girl he had hooked up with a few times. He texted her:

"Hey just wanted to let you know I got an STI. You should get checked. Also I'm seeing someone now just so you know." As if it were necessary to tell her that this shared experience was not a chance for her to reconnect.

Some dudes just have a massive overestimation of their sex appeal.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

LITERALLY the same person

I took exception to this line.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
tbh it's almost a heartwarming story because the 21 year old learned their 28 male friend was mostly just there as a sexual predator. They severed and it's nice to see it from this perspective instead of the girl posting it because she was unsure about how to handle the situation.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
On the flip side:

Me [18F] with my BF [48M] 6 months, short-description. How to deal with the age gap when introducing him to my parents?

quote:

I am 18 and in college. I started seeing my BF Jack 6 months ago (I was already 18, age of consent in my state is 16) after I sent him a message on a dating site. I've always been attracted to older men, and our relationship has been amazing. We have expressed our love, and we are talking about marriage and starting a family once I graduate.

However, I know that there's a big age gap and other people may not be so understanding. I want to introduce him to my parents this summer but I'm worried that they will get the wrong idea, or be concerned or angry. He has always been supportive of me, helping me with my school work, the sex is fantastic, everything has been great and he treats me so well but I worry that people will assume bad things just because of our ages.

How do I best navigate this problem? I think it is unfair that some people won't even give him a chance and pre-judge him because of his age, and while it wouldn't matter if it were just random strangers, it matters to me that my parents are supportive and approve of a relationship with a person I may end up having children with. I want them to be in the lives of their grandkids without being suspicious of his motives.

I've met Jack's parents. They're supportive and have no issues with the relationship, but I know it's less "scary" from their end to be in this unusual position.

tl;dr: BF is 30 years older, how do I help my parents be ok with the age gap?

almost every reply posted:

You don't, because he's a creep

OP posted:

It is upsetting that people are reducing everything about Jack to his age and dismissing the entire relationship based on this number.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

On the flip side:

Me [18F] with my BF [48M] 6 months, short-description. How to deal with the age gap when introducing him to my parents?

This is just sorta sad cause as much bad advice is often couched in "you'll understand when you're older" this is one of those situations where you will simply understand when you're pushin 50 and consider what it'd be like to date an 18 year old.

e: not to say you need to be 50 to see it just that you will hit a point as you mature where you'll see older people appealing to younger people with smooth lines about how mature they are for their age is predatory.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 3, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I[28M] said something sexual to my lesbian friend [21F], afraid I ruined the friendship

Even if she weren't a lesbian... Oh wow thanks friend, good to know that if I, a 21 year old woman, unexpectedly get the need to ride a dick (any dick regardless of who it's attached to), you're happy to volunteer for the task! I don't know how I'd solve that problem on my own. What a trooper.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

Masturbating to pics of other people while in a relationship? [28/M] [23/F
sometimes I'll see suggestive pictures of really attractive women, like the kind of models you see on Instagram, and I find myself fighting the urge to masturbate to these pictures. Sometimes

poor bastard writes it like he's pleading his case before a judge

"I'm not saying what I did was right your honor..."

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ArbitraryC posted:

This is just sorta sad cause as much bad advice is often couched in "you'll understand when you're older" this is one of those situations where you will simply understand when you're pushin 50 and consider what it'd be like to date an 18 year old.

e: not to say you need to be 50 to see it just that you will hit a point as you mature where you'll see older people appealing to younger people with smooth lines about how mature they are for their age is predatory.

I'm only 26 and I can't imagine dating anyone under the age of 21.

Like where the gently caress do you guys go for fun? Chuck E Cheese's???

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I can totally see loving a 19 year old you met on Tinder or whatever.

Dressing it up as a real relationship is the creepy part.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Yeah that sorta what I meant with the edit, it's something we can all see with age but to a naive teenager that thinks they understand everything they don't understand how manipulative the acknowledgement can be. If I were her parents I dunno how i'd explain the dynamic because someone that age is simply gonna reject what they say in favor or what they want to hear from their older boyfriend.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In some ways a bigger age gap could work because yea I thought that in my twenties but now I can't remember the last time my girlfriend and I went somewhere where we got carded at the door :v:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Oh age gap chat?

I (16M) have a kid with a much older woman (34F). I did not know until a few days ago, and I am not sure if I should tell my parents or friends about it, or just keep it a secret. Mother does not want me involved at all, she says she wants me to live my life normally without the worry of a kid.

quote:

I met Andreia at a bar. I look much, much older than I really am, I have a 5am shadow and am 6'3, I often get mistaken for being as old as 25. So at the time I thought it was awesome that I could sleep with this women while on vacation. It was easy, we just talked a bit at the bar, I bought her a drink, we flirted, then we went into the bathroom and had sex, then we went to her apartment and had sex again, then I went back home. We used a condom, although they were lovely NYC brand condoms. I told her I was in high school before we had sex, I kind of 95% expected her to turn around at that point but she continued talking to me. She is Ukrainian and i think its a lot more acceptable to sleep with younger people in ukraine? I am not sure the age of consent laws. Either way at the time it was just a little one night fling, very casual, I had a few of those back in my city with girls at my school and stuff so it wasn't like i was unprepared.

Fast forward 10 months and she has contacted me saying that I am the father to her kid. She had only had sex with white guys besides me, and the kid came out dark (I am persian) and with my features. She said I do not need to contact her about anything, I don't have to pay child support, I don't have to father the kid, nothing. She said she felt it was my responsibility to know, but that she doesn't want to burden me because she liked me a lot and knows it would ruin my life. She said that her new boyfriend will help her raise the kid with her, and that she wanted a child either way so it was a blessing in a way.

So I am not sure where I am at in this situation right now. I don't know how to respond, I don't know whether to say sorry.

My biggest issue? Do I tell my parents. My parents are semi-strict Iranian parents, they aren't like crazy or anything but they will obviously but upset if they found out I fathered a child. They would also be FURIOUS at the fact that she is so much older. Is this something I can just keep from them and never tell? This goes for anyone, I am thinking about just taking this secret to the grave honestly.

tl;dr: Not sure if I should tell people that I have a kid by a much older women.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Keep your drat mouth shut idiot

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Propitiate whatever gods will hear your exultations and thank the universe for this mulligan, kid. Better get that deal in writing, though. Contact a lawyer. Back child support pay is gonna suck if she changes her mind.

E: buddy of mine had three kids when he divorced, all very young (1-3 yo). Wife :sever:ed hard, didn't want him to have any contact with the kids and didn't want any child support, partially to deny him any legal visitation rights. He agreed. His oldest turned 18 (and sadly killed himself later). The other two are now getting out of high school. His wife decided she wanted that child support after all when the eldest turned 18, and so now the government will be garnishing half of his disability check until he dies.

Probably one of the rare cases where a man got hosed over for sticking to his side of the deal. His ex-wife contacts him once a month or so to blame him for their son's suicide. The son he talked to 3-4 times once he turned 18, remember. His ex-wife's family likes my buddy, but she does not, at all.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 3, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pvt.Scott posted:

Propitiate whatever gods will hear your exultations and thank the universe for this mulligan, kid. Better get that deal in writing, though. Contact a lawyer. Back child support pay is gonna suck if she changes her mind.

probably not a good idea for her to claim back child support if he can hit her back with statutory rape. dunno where he is tho or what the statute of limitations is on statutory rape and I am NOT going to google it

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dragon Ball Super is actually legit very positive for kids. It teaches them to never give up, try as hard as you can, trust and cherish your friends, respect everyone no matter their standing in life, train and study very hard, love your parents, and so much more. I'm not kidding. There isn't really much kicking or punching in Super anyways. Much more shooting energy beams or throwing silly anime poo poo.

Dragon Ball also doesn't actively and blatantly yell ethical lessons at kids like many other kids shows do. Not even close. My girlfriend is a nanny and the 2 year old she takes care of will literally mimic what the songs/characters say on Daniel Tiger or Thomas the loving Tank Engine. I wouldn't be worried about Dragon Ball in comparison to that crap.

Anime is for pedophiles. Hope this helps.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah isnt DBZ the show that had a young goku molest bulma while she was sleeping or some poo poo, loving sick filth that nobody should watch let alone children for gently caress's sake

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
lol if you're concerned about the moral lessons Daniel Tiger is shoving in kids' faces

oh no, go potty when you need to, such a terrible thing to reinforce to a 3-year-old with a short, catchy tune and Mr. Rogers' blessing

be nice to people
if you get mad, find a way to calm yourself down instead of yelling at your friends
don't try to build a beach with real sand in your living room

all lessons we should certainly be wary of in these troubled times

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Streak posted:

yeah isnt DBZ the show that had a young goku molest bulma while she was sleeping or some poo poo, loving sick filth that nobody should watch let alone children for gently caress's sake

Another person with weirdly specific knowledge about anime who also hates it. I see your game, mister! (I also hate anime. And I'm pretty sure what you're describing isn't in the US version.)

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

Another person with weirdly specific knowledge about anime who also hates it. I see your game, mister! (I also hate anime. And I'm pretty sure what you're describing isn't in the US version.)

It's not even DBZ. It's in Dragonball, when Goku is a literal child who was raised by a hermit and he doesn't even know what the gently caress a girl is yet. Dragonball is the fun adventure show where Goku grows up, gets into funny situations and learns about life while also punching people in martial arts tournaments sometimes.

DBZ starts after a time jump of a decade? Everyone is grown and poo poo and now it's professional wrestling.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pvt.Scott posted:

It's not even DBZ. It's in Dragonball, when Goku is a literal child who was raised by a hermit and he doesn't even know what the gently caress a girl is yet. Dragonball is the fun adventure show where Goku grows up, gets into funny situations and learns about life while also punching people in martial arts tournaments sometimes.

DBZ starts after a time jump of a decade? Everyone is grown and poo poo and now it's professional wrestling.

To be fair everything with Master Roshi in Dragonball is creepy, especially his interaction with Bulma.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair everything with Master Roshi in Dragonball is creepy, especially his interaction with Bulma.

Or the times they flash Bulmas tits to get blood to shoot out of someone's nose.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trap sprung!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Streak posted:

Trap sprung!

I have an excuse. I saw Dragonball as a wee lad when I lived in Japan. :colbert:

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
My husband [39M] found out about me [33F] having sex with multiple random people. He's not even acting mad. He just wants to know what I want to do.

quote:

I cheated. I admit that.

Even if the first one was a sort of sexual assault situation. I still went there with the intent of cheating and then chose not to do it and then i went thru with it under extenuating circumstances. I still intended to cheat.

And even then afterwards I did have sex with 12 different men over 14 days. And sustained a situation with another for 2 months and yet another for a month.

It got weird with me.

But I did bad things.

I don't want sympathy from him. Or understanding. Or anything of that nature.

But he confronted me about it yesterday when I told him I think it would be best to divorce because I'm a terrible wife and mother.

Yet, he didn't yell. He didn't want me to sleep on the couch (which I'd been doing on my own anyway for a few weeks). He kinda begged me to come lay with him in our bed. He just wanted to be together. That's not normal.

He's gonna snap right?

He's just all well, you have emotional issues and I should have been there for you more.

And he blames himself for never telling his family to not talk poo poo about me.

He's just like here's a bunch of really Christian style grace. But not a bit of that righteous wrath.

He wants to know what I want.

I don't know what I want.

One guy says he wants me to run away with him. And come be his wife.

But do affair relationships that break up a marriage even work?

And will this marriage even be fixed.

I don't want to be that couple with the WifeAndHusband Facebook profile. We all know that someone strayed for that to be the case.

I don't want to constantly have to prove that yes I really am at work. Or yes I really am doing this thing.

And he has an out now. It's perfectly acceptable to divorce for infidelity as a Christian. He can get remarried with zero consequences or something.

I just don't know what to do.

On the one hand I want to see if maybe his life is better without me.

And maybe if I can be happier with out him.

But maybe I'm wrong.

IDK

Tl;Dr: I cheated on my husband a lot, he found out, confronted me about it, isn't being angry, and now wants to know what I want to do.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Esoteric Scientist posted:

My husband [39M] found out about me [33F] having sex with multiple random people. He's not even acting mad. He just wants to know what I want to do.

Depending on what type of Christian he is that may not actually be a reason to divorce. Also, going on a sex spree with a dozen guys is probably a sign of some emotional imbalance so he's right to get her help before or instead of running away

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She types like a schizo, soon she'll be complaining about her o b a m a p h o n e !

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
greedo.jpg

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
She's not gonna have to wherewithal to leave him that's why she is so obviously disappointed that he didn't get upset and kick her out thus making the decision for her. I wonder what reddit had to say about it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Pvt.Scott posted:

With one of my cousins, he filed for back child support from his dad who ran out on him and his Mom when he was little. While he didn't get the full amount awarded, it was still a pretty substantial sum. I still remember him telling me when his dad submitted what proof he had of paying support, a chunk of it was checks he'd written to the woman he ran off with.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

This is depressingly common for lesbians, who tend to be a little furious about being potential fap fodder for straight dudes they come out to

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Esoteric Scientist posted:

I've never before seen someone who wants a divorce this badly who doesn't just go and get one.

Also wow is she ever crazy. I feel so sorry for her kid(s). :smith:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My [17f] parents [41f, 44m] think m boyfriend [24m] is a massive weirdo and it's starting to get annoying

quote:

I know that this sub doesn't really like age gaps, but I truly think this is an exceptional example.

My parents have treated me like an adult since I was a toddler, pretty much. They don't like children, so I guess they just thought they could train me to act like an adult. And it worked, I was drinking watered down wine and discussing international politics at their dinner parties when I was ten.

They also accelerated my education quite a bit. I did my GCSEs at 11, was done with my A-levels by 13, then I did an degree in maths and physics and graduated when I was 16. Last year I started a postgrad degree, which is how I met my boyfriend, who is on the same course as me.

We share interests and experiences, even though I was younger than him when I did things. We're both horribly socially stunted, and in general it's quite weird how similar we are.

My parents do not like him, at all. Luckily I don't live with them, and although they do give me money for my education, they don't actually support me (the money was left to me by my grandmother specifically for me to go to university, but I'm using it for my postgraduate course because my parents paid for my bachelor's), or they probably would have attempted to prevent me seeing him. I've got a job, too, so the extent of their direct contribution at this point is taking me out for a coffee occasionally.

They are constantly asking about him. Not in a friendly way, but as though they are trying to trick me into saying negative things about him that they can use to demonstrate his unsuitability. Every time I see them, they say that he's too old for me, and that it's "just a tiny bit creepy" that he's interested in me.

At first it was quite funny, but now it's just repetitive and irritating. And I don't know how to get them to stop, because I'm very adverse to confrontation and I'm sure that's what it will become.

TL;DR - How can I get my parents to shut up about my boyfriend of one year's "creepiness"?

The comments are split 50/50 between "He's a creeper" and "Your life, your choices."

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Streak posted:

Hahaha my best friend is an Iranian dude who basically is this guy re:looking older. I'm imagining teenage him telling teenage me he impregnated an older woman and all I can do is laugh. Dude should bury his head in the sand and forget about it until the kid comes looking 18 to 26 years later.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I did too for a day or so, but it started making people sad.
I do it way more because it makes people my age go apoplectic with rage

irl troll game on fleek

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yawgmoth posted:

I do it way more because it makes people my age go apoplectic with rage

irl troll game on fleek

Thank Oglaf skeltal.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Streak posted:

In some states you have to list a father to apply for certain benefits like Medicaid or WIC. The state then goes after the dad for money independent of the mother. Hope her dupe of a boyfriend is willing to claim the kid on the forms.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

statute of limitations is on statutory rape

There isn't one, at least not in any decent state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Streak posted:

Dbz is when he's old you loving philistine