Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ferrinus posted:

I have, and on four or five enemies, your potency/second is marginally higher if you skip the F2s, while on six+enemies a pair of F2s mildly wins out.

IMO they need to slightly up F2's potency so that the intuitive AoE rotation is always the correct one but we're in pretty good shape either way.

What about T4, do you always want to keep it going?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

vOv posted:

What about T4, do you always want to keep it going?

Iiiii have not done the math on that one but have been assuming yes. It's for sure worth it if you're using F2, because a regular non-proc T4 actually does more total potency than an F2 does.

In particular if you're eschewing F2 entirely AND using such things as ley lines and triplecast, your rotation might literally be shorter than Transpose's cooldown, in which case you'll want to refresh T4 just to make sure you're always casting.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Summoner is really fun in PVP. Getting battle high/fever just makes the murder even more ridiculous.

Fister Roboto posted:

Seal Rock is a lot more fun than Fields of Glory imho, because it actually forces people to fight each other if they want to win. But nobody ever queues for it for exactly that reason.

I really hope that they recognize that PVP is actually popular now, and add a lot more frontline battles in SB.

The Xaela have a better pvp mode than players do. Naadam pvp map when?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Renegret posted:

Triple casting flares is the funniest loving thing in this game. It's less funny when I forget to pop diversion beforehand but it's worth it.

Question regarding the new BLM rotation at 70. I'm doing:

bliz 4 > fire 3 > fire2 x2 > flare > t4> flare > transpose > bliz 4 > repeat (fouls where appropriate obviously)

I'm hearing some people say it's best to skip the 2xfire2s and just flare more. Has anyone actually parsed it out? The damage from the flares is huge but I feel like there's just too much downtime between flares.

I believe that there's some sort of threshold based on number of enemies that someone mathed out where Fire 2 is worth fitting in since it doesn't get reduced on additional enemies, but I don't recall what that threshold is. I think it was somewhere around 6. If you're swift/triplecasting your flares, I think you may end up waiting on the transpose cooldown as well, I think? Though you'd only throw in one F2 in that case. I'll have to doublecheck on a dummy later.

The thread ought to compile a list of known good class guides and, where none are available, create them. It'd be a huge resource for new players or even people who aren't new but may have missed some tricks that can be pulled.

Also, dungeons give max ethers now, no excuse not to be quad flaring. If you have a second BLM or a RDM who likes you enough, mana shift means 5 flares. 5 flares, my friend. Living the dream.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

The Xaela have a better pvp mode than players do. Naadam pvp map when?

Naadam is pretty much just a single point seize map, where capture is finality. Ultimately I think that would be awful as a frontlines type, as is.

I do think they need to move away from modes that include PvE elements though, because it breeds this weird mentality among people where they don't need to PvP in PvP to be useful, when Fisters scoreboard the other night shows exactly how opposite the reality is.

I've actually come to like Seize a lot now, the removal of field effect AoEs in PvP has done wonders for that mode. But it definitely does drag along really long. Since we've had an OF confirmation that we will be getting another Seize map, I do hope they revisit the mechanics of the mode to make it a bit faster.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Obligatum VII posted:

Also, dungeons give max ethers now, no excuse not to be quad flaring. If you have a second BLM or a RDM who likes you enough, mana shift means 5 flares. 5 flares, my friend. Living the dream.

You can combine triplecast and swiftcast and convert and ether for Swiftcast Quadruple Flare, right? This is very important.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

CuddlyZombie posted:

You can combine triplecast and swiftcast and convert and ether for Swiftcast Quadruple Flare, right? This is very important.

Yes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure you can pentaflare because I suspect that Astral Fire makes you incapable of benefiting from someone else's manashift.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ferrinus posted:

Yes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure you can pentaflare because I suspect that Astral Fire makes you incapable of benefiting from someone else's manashift.

Quite possible that you can't pentaflare, but the fact that I can re-enact that post is all that I need.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Countblanc posted:

I have friends in all of them and we seem to all have the same praises/complaints so I think they're basically the same barring the spoiler thing.

Discovery: the Square-Enix mess of websites is the most convoluted and unintuitive I've ever seen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cythereal posted:

Discovery: the Square-Enix mess of websites is the most convoluted and unintuitive I've ever seen.

Square-Enix is very bad at the Internet

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SKULL.GIF posted:

So it seems. Even with help, took about twenty minutes to figure out how to buy the game, transfer my free trial characters, subscribe, and download the silly thing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Doma Castle: I'm the monologue while a man shot multiple times holds a collapsing roof up :rolleye:

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
he is very very strong, and brave :zoro:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

My old account had different passwords at their store and services, turns out the store checks the password in multiple lists, so I ended up being able to log in with two different passwords for the same email, later after I changed my email the store account kept the old one and it was impossible to change without contacting support, and I couldn't change the store password (one of the two), so my (single) account could be accessed and recovered with two different emails and two different passwords.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Doma Castle: I'm the monologue while a man shot multiple times holds a collapsing roof up :rolleye:

That cutscene was extraordinarily stupid.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

that was all extremely anime

(translator's note: 'anime' means 'good')

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Has anyone else had their hotbars completely reset? I logged in today after having them be perfectly fine yesterday to see this

on a handful of my jobs. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason - it struck my RDM main that I didn't notice until I was in a Susano instance, as well as my 70 DRK, and also hit my NIN and MCH, which I haven't played since the expansion dropped.

Only thing I can think of is that I made a new character on a different server last night, but I don't get how that'd affect some of my jobs and not others.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Keep in mind that, the iconic Samurai in the Japanese mind is a man filled with arrows like a 300 remake, still holding the line because This Is His Final Service/Ultimate Glory.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

Has anyone else had their hotbars completely reset? I logged in today after having them be perfectly fine yesterday to see this

Hot bars are stored client side, so something may have gotten messed up there.

Should all be server/character specific though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hotbars and keybinds and such are saved locally, so maybe the related files got deleted or corrupted somehow? It's the only thing I can think of there.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Gearhead posted:

Keep in mind that, the iconic Samurai in the Japanese mind is a man filled with arrows like a 300 remake, still holding the line because This Is His Final Service/Ultimate Glory.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Vitamean posted:

on a handful of my jobs. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason - it struck my RDM main that I didn't notice until I was in a Susano instance, as well as my 70 DRK, and also hit my NIN and MCH, which I haven't played since the expansion dropped.

Only thing I can think of is that I made a new character on a different server last night, but I don't get how that'd affect some of my jobs and not others.

Happened to me too- I think it's related to the new hotbar swapping stuff with PVP, possibly.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Vitamean posted:

I had this happen to me a month or so ago. It wasn't even a reset to default, but a reset to a very specific point in time like a year after I started playing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gearhead posted:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm really excited for the Omega raid because I have no idea what to expect in there. What is the aesthetic? What will the bosses be? If we assume that O12 will be the fight against Omega, so what is leading to that?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Since it's the interdimensional rift, I'm expecting a bunch of FFV references, and a void conglomeration aesthetic.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Every boss is gilgamesh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Since it's the interdimensional rift, I'm expecting a bunch of FFV references, and a void conglomeration aesthetic.

I'm expecting FFV and FFVI considering SB itself is full of refs to both.

I'll be shocked if there isn't a new Greg.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kinda like how magic swords in Europe are great heir conditioners.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
lavos raid/chrono trigger crossover confirmed

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gearhead posted:

That's not why it's stupid.

It's stupid because nobody even bothers to help him out, they just stand there rambling about heroic sacrifices or whatever.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's stupid because nobody even bothers to help him out, they just stand there rambling about heroic sacrifices or whatever.

If you play healer, you get to try to heal him, but he still tells you to suck it up and evacuate.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

TheRagamuffin posted:

If you play healer, you get to try to heal him, but he still tells you to suck it up and evacuate.

It really is his 'I have found a place to spend my life gloriously!' moment. Dude is just looking for the right place and people to die for.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 4, 2017

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

TheRagamuffin posted:

If you have carpenter leveled you should get something like this too, imo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

They literally can't help him out. They're running out of time and if they try to pull him out then the entire thing falls on their head.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Late to the party, but here's my PLD along with intrepid companion, Fat Cat!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ImpAtom posted:

They literally can't help him out. They're running out of time and if they try to pull him out then the entire thing falls on their head.

Yeah but then they spend a few minutes talking instead of spending those few minutes either A) Running away before they die B) finding a broken beam or something to try to prop the ceiling up.

I mean, the couple minutes of exposition wouldn't be so bad if everyone was at least trying to save Gosetsu while he talked and told them to save themselves and let him have his redemptionary sacrifice, but instead they just stand there.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Oh nooooo, I saw that before your ninja edit!

Oh well. I just finished the Azim Steppe arc and there were bits that were basically the narrative equivalent of casting Doom on the poor person, so I'm not too surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

They don't have enough time to help him, but they sure do have plenty of time to sit around doing nothing but talking.