Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Joementum posted:

Canadian easily. If you've ever had to interact with health insurance billing, this isn't a hard choice, even though I have what would be considered a "platinum" plan and hate the idea of monarchy with every fiber of my being.
You can probably get Canadian PR really quickly if you want to

I met a few American expats in Canada recently who has an awesome emigration experience. It got me thinking about the ridicule of Americans who talk about moving to Canada. It dawned on me that you never hear about the success stories because the success stories are no longer living in murica to tell their stories. I looked it up, and it doesn't seem very hard. Since we're all going to get sick eventually, why not get sick in a place that plans for it eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

the best president
of all time
Donald John Trump

suck my dilz FDR

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Zuck! campaign!

Go FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!

dont be a zuck weenie

bite into a zucchinni!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Your decks is on fire...

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

dont be a zuck weenie

bite into a zucchinni!

the zucc sone

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I met a few American expats in Canada recently who has an awesome emigration experience. It got me thinking about the ridicule of Americans who talk about moving to Canada. It dawned on me that you never hear about the success stories because the success stories are no longer living in murica to tell their stories. I looked it up, and it doesn't seem very hard. Since we're all going to get sick eventually, why not get sick in a place that plans for it eh?

In Trumpcare v4.0 it's going to contain a provision to allow insurance companies to deport cancer patients to Canada for medical treatment.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

cause being american and dying poorly is very cool

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
What happened to Canada in the lore of Fallout? Want to know if I should move there to avoid super mutants.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

this weeks' tweets has being pretty amazing even by trump standards

And daycrew lactose-lovers itt last week said they were getting bored with donnie! Sad!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

What happened to Canada in the lore of Fallout? Want to know if I should move there to avoid super mutants.

The opening cinematic had two goons shooting a canadian in the head and then waving at the camera.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

ruled by mutated RCMP centaurs w chain guns for hands

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Real hurthling! posted:

cause being american and dying poorly is very cool
I remember when I was about 12 my friend's grandma kept passing out from emphysema, it was sad as gently caress. She was terrified of hospital bills and never sought treatment, always complained about the hospital cheats. She eventually died while taking a nap in front of her visiting grandchildren. They were all indoctrinated as gently caress and probably vote straight R now

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MaxxBot posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Zuck! campaign!

Go FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

ruled by mutated RCMP centaurs w chain guns for hands

do they have moose antlers?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
In Hulu's Handmaid's Tale, Canada gives American refugees money, food, clothes, and housing while they wait to be relocated, and they also have a "Little America" district. Probably the most realistic interpretation of future events.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

let me just say that

right

now

if you have not purchased and played both LIMBO and INSIDE you should do so right now because they are incredible and amazing

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

this and those paintings of burning chase banks are like after dinner mints for my frazzled nerves. guess i need a news cleanse.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

it's funny their last album if you just replace all the references to obama with trump its eerily prescient

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

let me just say that

right

now

if you have not purchased and played both LIMBO and INSIDE you should do so right now because they are incredible and amazing

Tell me more. No seriously I don't like buying games blind. Do I need a recent PC, what is the gameplay style, etc?
Give me some deets, EHF

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Greyhound more like Yeyhound

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Tell me more. No seriously I don't like buying games blind. Do I need a recent PC, what is the gameplay style, etc?
Give me some deets, EHF

i havent played inside yet (its in the queue tho) but limbo was sort of like an old school prince of persia style sidescroller, or maybe more like out of this world. 2d run around as a little spooky boy and solve puzzles and die in various horrible ways, then come back to where you died and figure out how to avoid dying there. not a long game but satisfying and v. atmospheric.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Give me some deets, EHF

It's like, a puzzle game but very atmospheric and extremely stripped down...It's just very, very, very good

Youdo not need a recent PC and you will know well within the refund period if you will enjoy the game or not, I promise, so buy away with no risk

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

any word about the reds rockets glare

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'd move to Canada if their houses weren't even more stupidly expensive than American ones.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

quarter of midnight and the fireworks are still going.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

move to nova scotia and just enjoy the healthcare and despondency until a helicopter falls on you

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
HAPPY

FORCE

OF

JEW-LIE

!

It's like that Star Wars day only much dumber

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Squizzle posted:

any word about the reds rockets glare

along with the bomb bursting in air they gave proof through the night that our flag was still there

not that it mattered much since the brits burned down D.C. and we got out of the war in a stalemate when they decided that napoleon was a bigger threat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

Give me some deets, EHF

do you like to walk right while solving easy puzzles so you can walk right some more? do you like seeing cartoon preteen boys' bodies mutilated? do you enjoy not understanding a drat thing that happens in a game and reading lots of goon words trying to explain it to you?

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
*Dilbert Guy voice* You see Trump uses his Master Persuasion techniques to Neg the Chinese into invading North Korea

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Does this guy have anything better to do with his life?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

quarter of midnight and the fireworks are still going.

Since yesterday here, and when I lived in Texas it was basically July-January

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
hell YEAH nuke scare is coming back but this time it is a good thing

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Epic High Five posted:

let me just say that

right

now

counterpoint: limbo runs out of steam near the end with the gravity bullshit and is like three hours long so unless you can get it on sale for like $5 its not worth it :colbert:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

do you like to walk right while solving easy puzzles so you can walk right some more? do you like seeing cartoon preteen boys' bodies mutilated? do you enjoy not understanding a drat thing that happens in a game and reading lots of goon words trying to explain it to you?

I'm pro-all of this and generally trust Epic High Five

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

*fills out crossword puzzle, sees 4 letter entry for Next President* _uck

Cuck? no that doesn't sound right

gently caress? hmm, i'll put that in the Maybe pile

. . . . . ....................... Zuck?

my god. that's it! That's It!

ZUCK!

ZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZCUKZCUZCKZUCZKZCUZCKCZUZCKCUCZKZCUCZKCZCZUCZKCZUCZKCZKCZIKCZZCUKZCUZCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCK!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

counterpoint: limbo runs out of steam near the end with the gravity bullshit and is like three hours long so unless you can get it on sale for like $5 its not worth it :colbert:

The good news is that LIMBO is $2 right now and the much fuller featured INSIDE is only like $12

I dunno I am playing them and enjoying them bigly, and if you are not also enjoying them by the time the refund period is runing out feel free to refund because it's not the game for you. It's very much a game that wears what it is on its sleeve

It owns and I'm having a ton of a fun and the "press R and up from time to time hurrr hurrrr" crowd can't take that from me

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bethamphetamine posted:

I stepped on my yellow lab retriever's paw once in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom and I felt like complete poo poo for a couple days and I still remember that sound that I never want to hear again.

Mike Huckabee's large son wanted to hear that sound x100 and tortured a dog to death and definitely had an erection while he murdered a dog slowly just to listen to it die. And then-Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee tried to cover up his serial killer son's heinous crimes because he didn't think it was a big deal.

I have literally never looked this up because I can't take the slightest info on animal cruelty, just amazed about this. Gathered it true because it's mentioned so very often. Monstrous

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

I did it, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

did they just end that tirade against antifa by saying that stabbing nazis is cool?
where'd I put that growing :ironicat: gif again?

• Locked thread