Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Typo posted:

The first year of the french revolution and maybe the first 6 month of the russian one maybe, both revolutions quickly descended into bloody mess for the average Russian/French peasant and proclamation that nearly genocidal civil wars were necessary evils for the rise of Napoleon and Stalin are of questionable goodness at best

wut I'm saying is that if I were french in 1789 or russian in 1917 I'd want to get the gently caress out of the country

The concept of a war being "good" for the average peasant is so unlike every other war in history that even if it was a mere half year that's still better than the wars we engage in right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

i'd hazard to say that most revolutions go bad at some point. but they're still better than the alternative

revolutionary regimes are like 90% of the time more repressive than their predecessors

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ArmZ posted:

Merkel is the new leader of the west

nope

that position is void

forever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

anybody have that image of the goblin in the Chobani cup?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
frankly i dont even give a poo poo that the president is a russian puppet, like really does that even make the situation worse????

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Typo posted:

In all srsness Lowtax is right, doxxing people for their political opinions on the internet runs contrary both to the anonymous privacy of the internet and sets some very bad precedents on free speech thereof

imo clutch precedent pearls when some court somewhere is making it and no sooner

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Epic High Five posted:

Wait is that the real deal Trump came to? We drop all sanctions and give them back all their spy houses and in exchange we also promise not to shoot down their planes when they bomb our allies?

No. Terms haven't been released, but it was a four way negotiation with Israel and Jordan also participating. I'm not sure why the US would have to give anything up for this because it's Russia that wants the ceasefire in the SW to protect Assad, not the US. If anything, Russia should be making concessions to the US to get this cease fire in place.

Of course, I'm not putting it past our master Art of the Dealer to give them back Alaska because Putin said something nice about one of his golf courses.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/883365543343833088

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Typo posted:

I'm still wraping my mind around the fact that 4chan is a serious recognized political force in US politics

Someone from there probably commissioned it.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lmao this is at least the second time garrison has had that one guy saying "not an argument!" he really thinks that's a good zinger lmao

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i outsource production of thyroid hormone to a factory but if i have to tear out a nazis throat with my teeth to properly regulate my metabolism so be it

now youre talking hahaha you say jews arent human theyre just animals well i say youre not even an animal youre a support system for a gland i need to get out of you om nom nom nom nice armband by the way

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

revolutionary regimes are like 90% of the time more repressive than their predecessors

again, not incorrect, but that 10% chance is better than the 100% chance that you live out your life poor and hosed over forever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

No. Terms haven't been released, but it was a four way negotiation with Israel and Jordan also participating. I'm not sure why the US would have to give anything up for this because it's Russia that wants the ceasefire in the SW to protect Assad, not the US. If anything, Russia should be making concessions to the US to get this cease fire in place.

Of course, I'm not putting it past our master Art of the Dealer to give them back Alaska because Putin said something nice about one of his golf courses.

Speaking as someone who is now paying my share of 7 million bucks to Carrier to assist them in firing everybody and moving to Mexico, I'm gonna have to say that we almost certainly ceded a whole lot of stuff for absolutely nothing in return except a good headline for Trump

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
They still fuckin?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

You guys are loving with me right, no way that's the deal Trump actually came to. I mean he's dumb and everything but lmao

Anyway I thought he wasn't even able to drop sanctions anymore

He's going to at least give them back their luxury spying compounds.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

nope

that position is void

forever

Maybe it's time we give someone new a go. How about Belgium? Or Norway?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

frankly i dont even give a poo poo that the president is a russian puppet, like really does that even make the situation worse????

no puppet

no puppet

youre the puppet

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

imagine I opened this in MS paint, circled FREE SPEECH and #BAN CNN in red crayon and drew an arrow from one to the other, then uploaded it to imgur and posted it to this thr3ead

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

alnilam posted:

lmao this is at least the second time garrison has had that one guy saying "not an argument!" he really thinks that's a good zinger lmao

That's Stefan Molyneux's go-to move when cornered in a debate, just declare that what you're saying is "not an argument," and then ignore it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

nope

that position is void

forever

until 2020 when Hillary wins :getin:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

You guys are loving with me right, no way that's the deal Trump actually came to. I mean he's dumb and everything but lmao

Anyway I thought he wasn't even able to drop sanctions anymore

as far a I know that's just a joke about trump being actually bad a negotiation when he isn't froma. position of superiority. and no i doesn't have the power to lift sanctions, if vlad thinks otherwise then he's mistaking the amount of influence trump has over Congress with the amount of vlad has over the duma or whatever it's called in russia

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Typo posted:

In all srsness Lowtax is right, doxxing people for their political opinions on the internet runs contrary both to the anonymous privacy of the internet and sets some very bad precedents on free speech thereof

lmao

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

MAGA Warlord posted:

That's Stefan Molyneux's go-to move when cornered in a debate, just declare that what you're saying is "not an argument," and then ignore it.

what

how is everything i hear about this guy even more pathetic than the last

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

reignofevil posted:

The concept of a war being "good" for the average peasant is so unlike every other war in history that even if it was a mere half year that's still better than the wars we engage in right now.

I have no idea what you are trying to say

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

a helpful bear posted:

Lol did D&D get closed? This thread is the most daycrew Nazi apologist I've ever seen

thank you jfc

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MAGA Warlord posted:

is peter molyneaux alt-right

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ArmZ posted:

until 2020 when Hillary wins :getin:

sorry to break it to u

but

Hillary is dead and buried next to Steve Scalise :rip:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

look at me motherfucker quotin a god drat boat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I loved when Bundy Ranch was going on and everyone in Oregon including the governor was screaming at the FBI to do something other than occasionally stop people from going in and out of the facility and they were like "mmmmmmm nahhhhhhhh" for months until the retards decided to test the upper limits of white privilege and found it at "blow through two different police barricades, then walk towards cops and reach for your gun twice".

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

sorry to break it to u

but

Hillary is dead and buried next to Steve Scalise :rip:

zombie hillary for president

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

Yes.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

murked by dragon posted:

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/883355401030438912

yikes someone should telll the secret service about this guy

Does Lowtax seriously believe he is contributing to improving society? He was became an old man who yells at clouds on Twitter.

Why doesn't he just post on his own forums where everyone knows everything is futile and death is inevitable?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Typo posted:

I have no idea what you are trying to say

he's agreeing & expounding

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mollyknew is insanely pathetic because he doesn't even actually do anything, he just gives Garrison a bunch of money a lot so he gets drawn into everything he does. Even McInnes is more active in his grift and he won't even publicly appear his is legion of incels, the Proud Boys

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

again, not incorrect, but that 10% chance is better than the 100% chance that you live out your life poor and hosed over forever

The situations before revolutions are often not particularly dire

Revolutions emerge more often out of dashed expectations and perceived weakness of the regime than absolute levels of improvishment

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

look at me motherfucker quotin a god drat boat

*extremely auto tuned voice*

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

MAGA Warlord posted:

lol, also who tf is stefan molyneaux

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

is peter molyneaux alt-right

alt righ about good game design maybe haH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

juche avocado posted:

thank you jfc

Did You Know:

bears are higher than nazis on the f o o d c h a i n

• Locked thread