Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They used a hex editor on a saved appearance data file, because those are all stored locally, and changed the haircolor to an invalid one. Probably used a benchmark-generated file to do it, too.

Not exactly, if you do that the game reverts it when you load the character, you have to do it when your character is open and online but the game is allowing you to make changes to your character appearance. There isn't a server side check for that, inexplicably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Thumbtacks posted:

Not exactly, if you do that the game reverts it when you load the character, you have to do it when your character is open and online but the game is allowing you to make changes to your character appearance. There isn't a server side check for that, inexplicably.

Wait, what? :psyduck:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

SKULL.GIF posted:

What if you could get 59,999 gil now instead of 60,000 in a week?

that's assuming a buyer won't just read 59,999 gil as 60k gil, and decides that its above his/her price range for around 50k gil

which may very well be the case, in which case 59,999 gil now is the better option

but there's a lot of assumptions.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Has anyone gotten approval in that second Temple boss? The girl told me I sucked rear end both times I've been in the dungeon.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Lemon King posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

Yeah if you hex edit your hair color when you're at the aesthetician (and assuming it's hair colors the game recognizes, like the debug color, not neon green or something) it's permanent, there's no server side check to see if you have a valid haircolor. Not sure if it works for skin color, pretty sure you can't change that at the haircut elf station.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
did i figure out a different bug than the one you used

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Has anyone gotten approval in that second Temple boss? The girl told me I sucked rear end both times I've been in the dungeon.

I did.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SonicRulez posted:

The best I've yet done is "decidedly average" or similar. :smith:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SonicRulez posted:

Best I've gotten is, "Your time was completely average." And that was with a really good group.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mine was "that was...actually quite good" or something around those lines.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that mmo market economies have many features that make economics 101 supply-demand analysis pointless

Raw materials cost more then finished product because I GET XP WITH THOSE

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Leal posted:

Raw materials cost more then finished product because I GET XP WITH THOSE

It's kinda funny, stuff between 60 and 70 is kinda in low demand so raw material's purpose is for fueling leves, turnins and crafts

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Maybe you have to solo it as a Monk

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thumbtacks posted:

did i figure out a different bug than the one you used

Sounds to me like I'm describing what Lemon King found, and you went and did something way extra.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

yes. it's just a simple time check, pretty sure. I've seen failure, average, quite good, I think there's an 'incredible' in there. don't let anyone get damage down.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

yes. it's just a simple time check, pretty sure. I've seen failure, average, quite good, I think there's an 'incredible' in there. don't let anyone get damage down.

Looks like there are seven different levels of approval you can get in that fight. I'd assume it's impossible to get the last few without a higher gear level though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am reminded. Is there any point to doing the "collect poo poo in the contest with Hien" mission properly?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It changes the dialogue

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

It changes the dialogue

Yeah but I mean beyond that. It's weird to have an optional objective with no real point is all

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6m3tww/blm_fire_iv_and_40/

holy poo poo the arr rotation is better than the 4.x one

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Stormgale posted:

It's kinda funny, stuff between 60 and 70 is kinda in low demand so raw material's purpose is for fueling leves, turnins and crafts

I made about 20 million gathering the poo poo out of SB mats and selling them. Hopefully a medium house will open up in the mists when kugane housing happens :pray:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah but I mean beyond that. It's weird to have an optional objective with no real point is all

Flavor differences are nice.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thumbtacks posted:

nnnnno? They're saying the 4.x rotation is better... just not by much.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

did u even read the topic???

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I am reminded. Is there any point to doing the "collect poo poo in the contest with Hien" mission properly?

The tie gets you the best dialogue.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

it's funny too since BLM ARR rotation is probably funner in that you dont worry about umbral, have lots of procs to fire off whenever, are way more mobile.. and probably do more DPS on a movement heavy fight. do the devs actually play the game at all?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
...I like casting Fire 4. It makes me happy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My platonic ideal of drg is the ARR rotation with HW-style BotD extended by Chaos Thrust and Heavy Thrust. LotD can stay or leave I don't really care.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Thumbtacks posted:

The takeaway I'm getting here is while keeping up the 4.x one is good, if you can't due to mechanics, don't panic.

Not that you should anyways, mechanics getting in the way of your rotation, and figuring out how to recover from that, is part of the BLM puzzle that I really enjoy figuring out.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

queeb posted:

it's funny too since BLM ARR rotation is probably funner in that you dont worry about umbral, have lots of procs to fire off whenever, are way more mobile.. and probably do more DPS on a movement heavy fight. do the devs actually play the game at all?

I used to feel that way when I first hit 60, but nowadays I definitely don't think it's as fun. BLM in 3.x and to a much lesser extent in 4.x is a rotation that WILL be thrown off by movement, but dealing with that is what makes it enjoyable. It's definitely traditionally been tuned so that you can expect to have to improvise yet still be able to put out good damage.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

Yeah if you hex edit your hair color when you're at the aesthetician (and assuming it's hair colors the game recognizes, like the debug color, not neon green or something) it's permanent, there's no server side check to see if you have a valid haircolor. Not sure if it works for skin color, pretty sure you can't change that at the haircut elf station.

Oh, how boring. Your antics made me wanna play around so I managed to mildly break the UI instead. Most fun I've had with SB so far!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

CuddlyZombie posted:

I used to feel that way when I first hit 60, but nowadays I definitely don't think it's as fun. BLM in 3.x and to a much lesser extent in 4.x is a rotation that WILL be thrown off by movement, but dealing with that is what makes it enjoyable. It's definitely traditionally been tuned so that you can expect to have to improvise yet still be able to put out good damage.

I agree for sure, it's just that RDM is parsing pretty evenly with blm, but is also able to cure and raise. it'll be interesting to see what 4.05 brings.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Rez for BLM.

Now that both Summoners and Red Mages have it, it might as well be a Role ability, imo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

Rez for BLM.

Now that both Summoners and Red Mages have it, it might as well be a Role ability, imo.

Exactly what WHM needs, losing another skill to role abilities.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
good job square you successfully bridged the gap between good and bad players, mission accomplished !!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
me 1 week ago: rdm is really easy, i don't see a lot of growth coming from mastery versus doing the bare minimum
black mages: hold my beer,

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
So now that the dust has had some time to settle, what's the rough verdict on where all the various classes landed? I remember a lot of doom and gloom for a while, and it seemed for a bit like MNK kind of got royally shafted while SAM is the Maximum Overmurder Machine now. BLM also sounds like it's way more fun to play now, especially at 70.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

Undercutting by a lot is just cutting your own profits but it's a thing that happens and you should just be aware of. Don't put all your eggs in one basket

Sometimes if I'm selling a lot of something at once, I'll split it into stacks and then have one of my retainers undercut my other ones by a hefty amount just to mess with any rival sellers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

queeb posted:

As someone who played BLM since 2.55 the ARR rotation is much more boring and I hate syncing below 60.