Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

I too, disregard my personal sense of fun and only play the statistically optimal choice in video games.

Tryhards are the worst goddamn thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I got called tryhard because some dicks were trolling by driving the boat in circles until we randomly stopped so Jason could kill me. :smith:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

In my experience, people only call you a tryhard if you beat them. Up until that moment, they tell you that you're just a bitch who can't catch them and is poo poo at the game.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Burn her!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSfgpICaCdQ

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Skunkrocker posted:

Their whole analysis is based on this incredibly stupid idea that the best way to win at this game is to play the long game and hope to survive.

This is what's resulted in so many drat pubbies all playing AJ constantly now and just crouching in the woods on the farthest edge of the map.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Yardbomb posted:

This is what's resulted in so many drat pubbies all playing AJ constantly now and just crouching in the woods on the farthest edge of the map.

But it's data driven!!!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I unfortunately did not have boosted stamina so my ghost scooty-puff jr ran out of gas and Jason caught me.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the whole point of this game imo is that it's impossible to optimize or metagame and sometimes you just get hosed. lately all i've been playing is super competitive stuff like PUBG and overwatch so it's nice to play a game that isn't super frustrating where winning doesn't matter. kinda crazy that people are spreadsheeting it up

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

the whole point of this game imo is that it's impossible to optimize or metagame and sometimes you just get hosed. lately all i've been playing is super competitive stuff like PUBG and overwatch so it's nice to play a game that isn't super frustrating where winning doesn't matter. kinda crazy that people are spreadsheeting it up

Yeah I really, really don't get trying to min/max up a silly thing like this. Like it's one thing to be like "This setup of perks is pretty goofy/good" but it's another to go max :spergin: on it.

Also god I hope someone got my beartrap blunder from a minute ago.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

If your don't have counselor choice set to Random then just lol.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I play Deb exclusively. She's not fast but good enough to get cabin to cabin. Also the non-running Jason's I can usually piss off by circling the car and putting the battery/gas in while they chase me.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah I started doing that myself for the fun of it. You never know what you'll get! Maybe you'll be Deb next to the boat, gas, and propeller within walking distance, maybe you'll be AJ next to the phone box alone unarmed and can't find anything to save your rear end. gently caress yeah!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would do this but for the nonzero risk of getting Chubs. If you want to hide and repair stuff - there's two better, faster, and hotter counselors.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Random isn't fun unless there's bad results. Lachappa makes the gamble fun

Plus when you manage to wreck a bad Jason as the chapmeister it makes you a true champion

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Getting Lachappa is just an excuse to bust out a whiney Woody Allenesque dweeb voice and talk about Dungeons and Dragons

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If I random there's a chance I won't be Chad.

That dog won't hunt.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Getting Lachappa is just an excuse to bust out a whiney Woody Allenesque dweeb voice and talk about Dungeons and Dragons

That is what you do and I hate it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

That is what you do and I hate it.

Good.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

Excalibat.

I'm so rolling this tonight. I have an epic Man at Arms.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Also when I find people roleplaying weird poo poo I just hack and slash because I'm not dealing with that nonsense. Jason has no chill.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

GUYS ITS OKAY HE JUST WANTED HIS MACHETE BACK

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
My last death before calling it quits last night.
I then listened to Teen Spirit and passed out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

It's not actually super far off, strength really only seems to matter for jason killing. Adam still is far better at fixing poo poo than Chad us but for uncoordinated play there's a strong argument to be made for Chad over everyone.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Regardless of what happened with that guy they banned the situation pretty much blew up in their faces. The official subreddit and recent Steam reviews reviews are all incredibly negative now. They either need a community manager or learn not to get involved in this stuff.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Regardless of what happened with that guy they banned the situation pretty much blew up in their faces. The official subreddit and recent Steam reviews reviews are all incredibly negative now. They either need a community manager or learn not to get involved in this stuff.

Oh no now I won't be able to play with all the lovely people anymore, what a tragic mistake the developers have made :qq:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The ~big name youtuber~ and also transphobic rear end in a top hat sidalpha or whatever did a video on it as well, take a guess. I legitimately do not know how people are able to pull hard enough mental gymnastics to be on the side of the guy who first lied about why they were banned, then once any pressure came on let loose that oh yeah I forgot also there was some slurs in there. "B-b-but abuse of power" and "muh free speech" is all I've seen in pushback because oh no, an rear end in a top hat got banned for saying bigoted things. Oh yeah and a bunch of redditors being mad that one of the people they went off on was 12.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I love how Reddit's taken a story about "devs ban some guy for harassing a twelve year old" and blew it into some kind of mass conspiracy where the 12 year old was a plant by the devs to entrap people and infringe on their free speech.

The whole subreddit looks like a truther blog, complete with yelling "LOOK AT THE FACTS" without any facts when asked to back up their claim, and demanding personal information about the devs and claiming the conspiracy must be true because the devs don't want to give info to some lunatic on the internet

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

I love how Reddit's taken a story about "devs ban some guy for harassing a twelve year old" and blew it into some kind of mass conspiracy where the 12 year old was a plant by the devs to entrap people and infringe on their free speech.

The whole subreddit looks like a truther blog, complete with yelling "LOOK AT THE FACTS" without any facts when asked to back up their claim, and demanding personal information about the devs and claiming the conspiracy must be true because the devs don't want to give info to some lunatic on the internet

Probably a Dead By Daylight subreddit false flag!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Danaru posted:

I love how it's some big conspiracy that they won't post evidence, when virtually any other developer on the planet would also be telling you "lol gently caress off" to demanding info that could identify other players, especially ones for whom a giant lynch mob has formed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Also lol as always at the group of people who go "heh, triggered? :smugdog:" when told to stop being a nazi going on a multiday meltdown and leaving negative reviews because actions have consequences

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I'm a fan of the "but kids say worse poo poo all the time! :spergin:" argument personally.

I think I'm playing Chad wrong. Twice today I dealt with Jason while everyone else got out in a car, eventually dying for my troubles.

Also holy poo poo Dinictus got picked as Jason SEVEN times tonight. I ended up having to use a list randomizer without him on it to pick Jason towards the end because the game really wanted Din to be Jason.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jetamo posted:

Also holy poo poo Dinictus got picked as Jason SEVEN times tonight. I ended up having to use a list randomizer without him on it to pick Jason towards the end because the game really wanted Din to be Jason.

And when it wasn't him it kept giving it to me, the game really wanted the juicy Jason gang in town tonight.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't think most developers should be concerned with Reddit getting pissy about them banning a crazy rear end in a top hat.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I saw a Chad intentionally shoot Bugzy when he climbed through a window and claimed over mic that he was trying to rob him. He then went on the entire match saying he wouldn't be arrested because his father owned this lake and that he was rich and white.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I've been around long enough to know that you can find people to defend literally ANYTHING, but even I'm kind of surprised that a dude getting banned for hurling homophobic slurs at a child has managed to rile these people up to this degree. Of all the things in the world to get upset about, this is one of the smallest and most petty I've seen. I feel like this is more of a sign of some pent up angst coming from a maladjusted subset of gamers rather than an legitimate reaction to one rear end in a top hat eating a well deserved ban. Or maybe this is just petty revenge from people that got banned or are afraid of getting banned after paying $40.

I can derive enjoyment from most of the whining, but the posts that posit legal theories on how Gun's actions are illegal just drive me into a rage.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm so rolling this tonight. I have an epic Man at Arms.

It only works if you shout Excalibat when you swing

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

LEGO Genetics posted:

I saw a Chad intentionally shoot Bugzy when he climbed through a window and claimed over mic that he was trying to rob him. He then went on the entire match saying he wouldn't be arrested because his father owned this lake and that he was rich and white.

A strong but risky role play choice

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Tonight I learned just how useful/hilarious Morphing on top of yourself while Stalking can be. Judging by some of the yells, I gave some people a good ol' fashioned jump scare.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

It only works if you shout Excalibat when you swing

Just FYI I played with him tonight and he literally did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I've taken a habit of killing my final victim as Jason with a throwing knife. Next time I'm gonna choose Part 6 and try to get all my kills that way.

• Locked thread