Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Parsley posted:

It's gotta suck to not be able to cry and vent, because everyone's congratulating your cheating husband on being so brave.

Kinda like that lady Bruce Jenner trucked and killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Barudak posted:

Your wife cheated on you within three days of getting married, then instantly bullied you into accepting she get hallf your stuff while she fucks a guy who you live with and your trying to make it work. Even a dog would have poo poo on her rug and run away by this point.

I think his best friend is a girl as well. So he is stupid for not trying to get in on that.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

quote:

I'm not sure I can quit drinking yet but I'll try not to get this drunk again

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My [60f] mom is making my [25 M] life miserable she's trying to break me and my fiancé up,she's making wedding planning impossible I need advice

quote:

My mom has always been a helicopter mom, she babied me and my younger (20 years old) brother. This caused more issues between her and my father he tried to get her to give us space and she'd scream that if it wasn't for her we'd be deviants.
I was a straight A student in highschool my brother too, she insisted we play a instrument, and we studied Russian with a tutor. We already speak Ukrainian and English because she is from Ukraine. We weren't allowed to go to parties, or date, or really have a life.
When I got accepted to a major university in a city across the country she forbid me to accept, she insisted I attend a local college that is very prestigious and that I'd still live at home. I got a full scholarship and my father who does really well for himself said he'd cover the rest. When she found out I was going she flipped out told me I'd regret it, she trashed my room. I've never seen her that angry ever.

Fast forward I went to college I blossomed, I still maintained a 4.0 GPA I was in clubs, I met my fiancé. She's gorgeous, smart and I love her. We've been together since our freshman year in college. After graduating college I got a great job at the engineering firm i interned at, she went on to her masters. We ended up moving into an apartment together, and even got a dog together. My mom has only met my fiancé a few times and was nice to her in front of her face. But as soon as we were alone she screamed at me on why I was with my fiancé, she's not attractive enough, she doesn't keep kosher (either do we really), she still is in school, and the list goes on.

I never told my fiancé this, I always told my mom off and told her I loved my fiancé and her opinion is void. Recently we got engaged. My fiancé graduated with her masters she got a fantastic job with the city we live in in a manager position. The pay is really good and we both plan on buying a house after we get married. When my mother found out we got engaged she was furious in fact we didn't talk for weeks. Recently as in the last few weeks she's been talking to us about the wedding. She's been very rude to my fiancé, telling her our ideas are stupid. Saying that she will plan our wedding and we will like it. I told her no that my fiancées family is planning the wedding since they are paying and if she can't be nice she will not be invited. She then called my fiancées mom and told her that we cannot marry unless we do things her way, my awesome FMIL laughed and hung up.

My fiancé and her family are great but I feel bad because my mom is being abusive to them. I can tell my fiancée is losing her excitement over the wedding and I just want to fix things. What do I do!?

Tl;DR: my mom is ruining my life because she's making me and my fiancées life a mess. How can I tell her to back off?

Wedding drama season!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Milotic posted:

Kind of banal but I think it will spark debate.

Thoughts on moving in but keeping separate bedrooms?

Having a spare bedroom can be a godsend for all sorts of reasons - bad cough, early morning start, it's really freaking hot.

No, it's not weird, some mansions these days are built with side-by-side master suites, his and hers bedrooms. Growing up a friend of mine's parents lived in side by side mansions and we very much still together.

There was a NY Times article a while back talking about how many married couples or ones in long term serious relationships have separate houses now and are happier that way.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It used to be the default to have his and her rooms.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Milotic posted:

Kind of banal but I think it will spark debate.

Having a spare bedroom can be a godsend for all sorts of reasons - bad cough, early morning start, it's really freaking hot.

It's also great if you have different sleeping patterns or habits. Also during the summer. I would hate to have to share a bed in the summer.

I've lived with my partner for the past three years and we've had separate rooms this whole time and it's pretty great. I don't wake her up when I have to wake up early for work, she doesn't keep me up when she's on her phone because she can't sleep.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I confessed to my wife I wanted an mfm. She confessed that she has a bestiality fantasy. [conflicted]

quote:

My wife and I have an awesome relationship, we're in our early thirties and have been together for about a decade. Recently, I worked up the courage to tell her that I'd love to have an mfm threesome, and in return she told me she has a fantasy of being mounted and hosed by a dog. While I am really, really surprised, I'm not absolutely against the idea. (Edited to add questions I'm realizing I have) Have you ever known or been in a relationship with someone who was into that? How did you react? I'm certainly not going to tell anyone in person, I want her to be safe.

You're okay with your wife loving a dog, you say? But isn't that rape, or animal abuse at the very least?

quote:

Tbh, I don't agree with that. I think it is possible to abuse an animal, and I absolutely don't agree with abuse, but I believe that if a woman (or man, trans, etc.) assumes the position in front of a male dog and the dog has sex with them then that is a very obvious sign of consent.

r/relationships: [ANGRY DOG NOISES]

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Naerasa posted:

I confessed to my wife I wanted an mfm. She confessed that she has a bestiality fantasy. [conflicted]

More like [HORNY DOG NOISES]

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

La Brea Carpet posted:

More like [HORNY DOG NOISES]

If the dog didn't want it, maybe it shouldn't go around with no clothes on like a loving slut!!!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Please don't gently caress your parents or your pets.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

No you see it's your pet loving you, completely different thing

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

She coulda just said 'no'

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Parsley posted:

She coulda just said 'no'

It clearly said it wanted it 'ruff'

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Naerasa posted:

[conflicted]

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

quote:

I'm not sure I can quit drinking yet but I'll try not to get this drunk again

Man, that was such good "moment of clarity" material, too. She'll have to work to top that train wreck of an evening.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Naerasa posted:

You're okay with your wife loving a dog, you say? But isn't that rape, or animal abuse at the very least?

Those two need Jesus.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

Love makes you dumb as hell, man

Women are scum

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Goddamn woman. You always have to top me.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Not r/relationship buuuuttt

TIFU by making a stupid assumption about my adopted son.

quote:

Well, I suppose this gently caress up has happened today, and has been happening everyday for the past seventeen years.

About seventeen years ago my wife and I adopted a baby from an Asian American family. While we knew very little details, basically what happened with them is that we learned they were too young for children. I made very little inquiries as (they seemed embarrassed/I didn't want to pry). I was just excited to have a son and couldn't have cared less about the parent's history, besides their current and future well being. So as long as they were healthy and willing to gift me with their child, I really did not go too much into their histories. This was my major gently caress up. My wife and I choose to adopt this baby because we felt for the parents and anyone that has been through the adoption process knows that it is much easier to get a non-white baby than it is to get a white one (which is hosed up IMO) and we wanted one NOW and didn't want to be on a wait list.

Anyway we adopt this beautiful, loving, affectionate and incredible baby. It's truly love at first sight for all of us. Around about eight months we start to feel a little bit of guilt about not raising him in his on ethnic culture and given that we live in an area with a major Chinese population, it would be very easy to introduce him to his roots. So for the next seventeen years we do everything we can to honor his ethnicity. We send him to Chinese language courses and by five he's fluent in Mandarin and English, he gets an "adopted" by a Chinese aunt and uncle (they taught him cultural things and celebrate certain holidays and take him for dim sum every couple of weeks). We've been taking him to China every two years since he was eight. We weren't trying to force him to take up his culture as an "other" in our family, but we didn't want to rob him of it or completely whitewash him either. We try and be PC as possible and we thought we were doing the right thing.

He's the best thing that has ever happened to me and my wife. There is not a day were I don't just look at him and smile warmly. I love him.

Anyway we are filling out his college apps/financial aid applications and doing that whole thing. I go to my home office and go through some files and find his old adoption records. I'm not really paying much attention to them and then his biological parents surnames pop out and basically punch me in the face. His parent's last names were PARK AND KIM. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.

For those of you that do not know, those are Korean last names. My son is not Chinese. Not even a little bit.

He's Korean.

I suppose I just assumed it because we live in an area on the west coast where there are a lot of Chinese immigrants and Chinese-Americans have been living for generations and generations. I don't always assume every Asian is Chinese, but I did assume this for my son. Now I have a seventeen year old Korean son that thinks he Chinese. Now that I look at him, he looks INCREDIBLY Korean in comparassion to all of the photos of Korean men that I have just googled. Very square jaw, less hooded eyes, very broad build. None of this ever crossed my mind. I've dedicated nearly two decades to helping my son be close to roots that aren't even his. I realize that I've just been loving up. I feel like a complete rear end in a top hat to the nth degree. I'm that dumb liberal white dickhead. gently caress.

I have yet to disclose this to my son or wife.

I honestly don't even know if I will.

TL;DR: Assumed my son was Chinese and I've spent his whole life playing homage to his roots, he's Korean.

edit: For all those that may be interest, he has expressed no desire to contact his birth parents (even when asked) and has stated that for now he prefers to just consider my wife and I his only parents.

edit 2: Per request, I will update when I tell my family the truth.

edit3: I know this is the internet and I can't tell people to stop saying such harsh things, but please know I'm a Human and a Dad. It hurts more than I care to admit. I love my son, I'm not a racist.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hahahaha

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
He managed to own himself, his wife, his adopted son, his sons biological parents, and an entire nation in one fell swoop.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My God it's perfect. They should have sent a poet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Xun posted:

This is the best joke in the world.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Xun posted:

It cant be real

Can it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I can def believe a redditor doing that poo poo

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LOL. At least being tutored to be fluent in Mandarin would be a valuable life skill even if it turned out the poor lil' gently caress was Irish.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Yeah, that's at least a useful colossal fuckup. Congrats on being valuable when the Chinese retirees start buying up the US once it Balkanizes within the next 30 years, kid.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Help. I [19F] drove drunk to my best friends [21M] house, puked on his floor and cried to him about random stuff at 3 AM

Daniel gave me coffee while he cleaned the vomit off the carpet, then he gave me a shower and had to take vomit off my hair and said that I reeked of alcohol and weed. He saw me naked and I'm freaking the gently caress out not knowing if he washed me out of friendliness or what but I've never had a reason to doubt his kindness before.

one way to make it up to him might be to not insinuate he's rapey for cleaning his vomit encrusted drunk friend who showed up at 3am in serious emotional distress

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

one way to make it up to him might be to not insinuate he's rapey for cleaning his vomit encrusted drunk friend who showed up at 3am in serious emotional distress

As a guy who has had to wash up his vomit covered, really attractive female friends on more than one occasion, I can definitively say that it is not sexy in the slightest.

Even further, I had major crush on one of them. After having to wipe off their naked, vomit-caked body, I no longer had a crush.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 9, 2017

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Drunk Nerds posted:

As a guy who has had to wash up his vomit covered, really attractive female friends on more than one occasion, I can definitively say that it is not sexy in the slightest.

Speak for yourself :pervert:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Problem Sleuth posted:

Speak for yourself :pervert:

Yah, I guess there is always that incel creep possibility. Although her stating that he is not like that was enough to convince me.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yah, I guess there is always that incel creep possibility. Although her stating that he is not like that was enough to convince me.

Yeah I was just going for a throwaway vomit fetish joke, it sounds like that guy is probably not a creep and was helping his friend.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
She ought to figure out her trash behavior before asking if someone is maybe a creep

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Milotic posted:

My thoughts are goddamn I wish we had a spare bedroom. My dude sleeps like an upside-down helicopter and our couch is awful.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [25 F] think i'm poly, my BF [29 M] of 3 years shot me down pretty hard, dunno what to do. [xpost /polyamory]

quote:

Hello /r/relationships, i apologize in advance for my story might not be very coherent, i'm still trying to piece what i feel together but i somehow managed to corner myself without realizing it and i feel like poo poo. I've been with my BF for 3 years now, we met as FWB first for a while.

He developed feelings for me really quickly and wanted us to become both officials and exclusive, despite my reluctance at first i caved after a couple month and i never had to regret it as i'm now head over heels in love with him and think he's the best think that ever happened to me.

That being said, my libido gradually diminished over time to his chagrin and we struggled with that for a while. I stopped taking the pill and things improved a little bit but i still feel like crap for how things unfolds as i'm reallyu the one responsible for it.

Lately i developped a huge crush on a friend i talk with online, and noticed how it made me happier and positively affected our sex life, and all of this made me think a lot about consifering polyamory. I read a lot of books, talked with some poly friends and, as ashamed as i am, allowed myself to explore my feelings for other boys, never acted on it but i do know it would be possible if i really wanted to. After a while, i couldn't take it anymore and tried to bring to issue with my BF, trying to suggest poly relationship or at least get his opinion on it, and the result was disatrous.

As the subtle hints didn't seem to work at all, i tried to have a serious talk with him and, to his credit, he listened the whole time without interrupting me or asking questions. I explained to him how i felt about me, my feelings in our relationship and couldn't stress enough how much i love him and would never do anything that hurts him, i just couldn't hide from him the way i feel.I didn't try to hide the crush i had about other boys and reassured him nothing happened at all nor would happen that he's not 100% okay with it.

I tried to make him understand how being free and happy would enrich our relationship and i felt i did a good job at it, and finally told him that since it was a lot to process i'd appreciate he'd take some time to think before answering me, to avoid emotionnal reaction. Again, he was amazing and thanked me for being honest and that he'd try to not make me wait too long before saying anything but that he'd need some time alone.

The next day was unbearable to me but we met again, and his answer was pretty straightforward :

No.

He's not okay with a poly relationship, he'll never be okay and has absolutely no desire to overcome his jealousy insecurity or whatever is required to overcome as he doesn't have to in order to be happy he also told me i'd better put an end to my casual flirting with my crush.

I was definitely not expecting him to be happy with this, i had prepared tons of arguments and trivia about jealousy and relationships to answer his eventual questions but this definitive answer still blindsided me, i learned he'd done his homework and read a ton of stuff about poly relationships and just decided it was not gonna happen.

He then asked me "Now is it gonna be a problem? I'm glad you opened up for me and i know this is not the answer you want, but i don't want you to resent me for being happy in our monogamous relationship so please tell me, will you resent me and be sad if it's just the two fo us? "
I honestly had no idea at all, but his resolve scared the crap out of me and i said i was okay out of fear that he'd dump me on the spot if i said otherwise.

Now he won't talk about this again and has been distant and hurt since, and i'm left wondering if i could have done anything better or if i just found a guy that is indeed, happily monogamous and confident with his choices and there's nothing i can do about it.

I love him to death but i don't know how i could salvage the situation; i feel i should kept my mouth shut.

tl;dr: Tried to suggest poly to my boyfriend, and he's adamant that it will NEVER happen ever and that if i try to pester him again about it, we're done as a couple. I'm frustrated, more by his answer than the situation. How can i deal with this?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

hahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahahahaa

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
That stuff never ceases to be funny lmao

Guy should have dropped her rear end, nothing can stop the incoming spiral

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cheating doesn't work if they know about it, and he's gonna be suspicious as poo poo from now on. gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I [25 F] think i'm poly, my BF [29 M] of 3 years shot me down pretty hard, dunno what to do. [xpost /polyamory]

As a poly person you should understand compersion.