Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As someone who leveled summoner 50-60 in the last week of heavensward and leveled it to 70 as my second stormblood class, summoner does feel much easier to be decent at to me. After changing potency values around so that doing what the class seems to want you do is actually optimal, the only other change I would make as a new summoner is make it so whiffed aetherflows still give dreadwyrm stacks. I find everything else about playing the class (badly, presumably) to be fun

Sucks that the changes that made it more fun for me made it less fun for career summoners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For the whiffing problem they should just make it so that fester does damage no matter what, like 100 potency base plus 100 for each dot, or just make it 300 potency regardless of dots. For bane they should make it so that the duration refresh proc is guaranteed, and that's what gives you aethertrail.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you are correct that i am not going to doom spike three mob packs, yes.

Were you the goon drg in leveling roulette this morning with me? Stop being bad, you have invigorate so use it. Although that drg wasn't using it even on large packs with five or more enemies in them.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 9, 2017

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Stop rewarding tanks/healers! We all put in the same effort.

This applies mostly to tanks, but on occasion healers.
Some of us generally dislike the way tank and healer roles play. I dont think its fair to constantly reward those roles with bonus items (ie: cracked clusters, mounts, gil,etc.)

They already have various rewards at their disposal. They do not need MORE. If anything, DPS deserve MORE. We're the ones that have to sit through outrageously long queue times and we put in the exact same amount of time and effort (if not more) than any other role in the duty.

In the interest of fairness, start making some rewards for DPS or stop doing this.

(To the posters after me, flame away, I'll not be reading the remainder of this thread as it is personal feedback and my piece has been said.)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pikavangelist posted:

Some of us generally dislike the way tank and healer roles play. I dont think its fair to constantly reward those roles with bonus items (ie: cracked clusters, mounts, gil,etc.)

They already have various rewards at their disposal. They do not need MORE. If anything, DPS deserve MORE. We're the ones that have to sit through outrageously long queue times and we put in the exact same amount of time and effort (if not more) than any other role in the duty.

In the interest of fairness, start making some rewards for DPS or stop doing this.

(To the posters after me, flame away, I'll not be reading the remainder of this thread as it is personal feedback and my piece has been said.)

fire_emoji fire_emoji fire_emoji

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Pikavangelist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXk5ru5gJQM

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

As someone who leveled summoner 50-60 in the last week of heavensward and leveled it to 70 as my second stormblood class, summoner does feel much easier to be decent at to me. After changing potency values around so that doing what the class seems to want you do is actually optimal, the only other change I would make as a new summoner is make it so whiffed aetherflows still give dreadwyrm stacks. I find everything else about playing the class (badly, presumably) to be fun

Sucks that the changes that made it more fun for me made it less fun for career summoners

SMN is far behind BLM which is far behind RDM in the current EX primals at all skill levels. Just look at fflogs. https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/15#bracket=1

On the absolute best parses SMN is 10% below RDM. That ratio maintains itself as you go down the percentiles.

We need to see what balance changes they make in 4.05. RDM has the best utility and the best DPS right now amongst the casters so hopefully that means that they'll do something.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anyone else playing on PS4 have to deal with the game crapping itself and need to reinstall from scratch? Happened twice this week.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

SMN is far behind BLM which is far behind RDM in the current EX primals at all skill levels. Just look at fflogs. https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/15#bracket=1

On the absolute best parses SMN is 10% below RDM. That ratio maintains itself as you go down the percentiles.

We need to see what balance changes they make in 4.05. RDM has the best utility and the best DPS right now amongst the casters so hopefully that means that they'll do something.

Yeah I meant the only changes for the purposes of fun. There's gonna be a million changes pointed at balance.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I expect very, very few changes that address mechanics in 4.05 (and quite possibly the entirety of 4.X). SE just doesn't really do those mid-expansion, the only ones I can think of are 2.0 Warrior getting a bunch of poo poo.

I expect that if you aren't enjoying a job now you won't enjoy it post 4.05 unless your sole issue was balance.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Pikavangelist posted:

where did you find this

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Eopia posted:

Were you the goon drg in leveling roulette this morning with me? Stop being bad, you have invigorate so use it. Although that drg wasn't using it even on large packs with five or more enemies in them.

i thought doomspike was not worth it on a group of 3 mobs? pretty sure it isn't

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You have to make the entire project.

Why can I only find a single Carbuncle House item on GarlandTools then? That's why I'm confused. If I search "Carbuncle" the only exterior results are "Carbuncle ______ Walls".

If I look up the "Carbuncle House Prototype" recipe it only unlocks those three wall types for the three housing sizes.

nuru fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 9, 2017

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

please knock Mom! posted:

where did you find this

The same place this stuff always gets found.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The real reward should be playing a tank itself. Look at all their great features:

1. Have a lot of hit points
2. ?????????

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Paladin 60-70 should have you be Mozgus from Berserk.

you mean Arcanist

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

nuru posted:

Why can I only find a single Carbuncle House item on GarlandTools then? That's why I'm confused. If I search "Carbuncle" the only exterior results are "Carbuncle ______ Walls".

If I look up the "Carbuncle House Prototype" recipe it only unlocks those three wall types for the three housing sizes.

The prototype adds the housing project to the workshop, so once it's unlocked you can build the exterior.

Each housing exterior is made up of multiple slots, but with the special houses you have to use all of them with no customization.

Go to your company workshop, check out the crafting log, and look at the Full Estate Exteriors. You'll have a list of Small ____ Walls, Medium ______ Walls, etc. Grab the carbunkle one you want, and you're going to have ~8 parts, with 3 phases each. This will show you the materials for each part, for each phase. Then once you begin the project, you'll have to go through each one.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What food should I be feeding a stabled chocobo to give it more XP?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Augus posted:

Doom Spike on 3 mobs is 390 potency per use, or 1160 after three, which is greater than a full thrust combo. It may do less damage now, but it also costs less tp than it used to, so it still remains in your best interest to use it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Augus posted:

well he said it was leveling roulette, and while I'm no DRG player a quick look at ability potency suggests it's definitely worth it at 3 mobs, at least before level 54 (that's when BotD unlocks and I can't be assed to look at how that affects things)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The prototype adds the housing project to the workshop, so once it's unlocked you can build the exterior.

Each housing exterior is made up of multiple slots, but with the special houses you have to use all of them with no customization.

Go to your company workshop, check out the crafting log, and look at the Full Estate Exteriors. You'll have a list of Small ____ Walls, Medium ______ Walls, etc. Grab the carbunkle one you want, and you're going to have ~8 parts, with 3 phases each. This will show you the materials for each part, for each phase. Then once you begin the project, you'll have to go through each one.

Ah! I see why I was confused, garland was combining the sub-crafts into the main one and I didn't expand the view.

Do you know how long these take? I'm not sure my FC has the carbuncle plans or not.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Sinteres posted:

Now that I'm hitting 70 in my gathering classes, would I be better off buying a set of hq gear off the mb before trying to farm up a bunch of scrip, or would a full set of level appropriate trash with maybe hq tools be good enough?

If you go for full HQ gear (left side, right side, and tools), you can keep it unmelded and just use the gathering food that is on a vendor at Kugane and be just at the perfect stats to be able to collect from every single yellow node.

What I did was just use level 65 gear to farm all the mats for my DoH/DoL gear (which actually didn't take too long at all), and then crafted all my gear up. Better than paying the MB prices.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

nuru posted:

Ah! I see why I was confused, garland was combining the sub-crafts into the main one and I didn't expand the view.

Do you know how long these take? I'm not sure my FC has the carbuncle plans or not.

I built a small item shop in about a week or two, and I had some FC mates helping out with the material gathering. We don't have the carbunkle walls unlocked so I can't personally look at the list in game, but it will solely depend on the stuff you need to put into it. There's no cooldowns or time gating, so it'll be as fast as you can hammer the materials into the blender.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't doom spike at 3 enemies because it's boring, barely an advantage, and if there's only three enemies that means the tank is slow pulling and I have to deal with a bunch of pulls, meaning that if I doom spike now I won't have TP for the next pull

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mordiceius posted:

What food should I be feeding a stabled chocobo to give it more XP?

Are you talking about the experience food buff or just what food to give it in the stable? Any hourly food you can give them in the stable is going to give the same exp. Then there are the special foods. You can feed your bo the special foods when you have it summoned to give it a buff. Feed 10 of the food in the stable to get a double buff when you feed it outside. I use slykis bud (attack up) personally. The experience up food is Curiel Root.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got the SCH book from Susan this morning, and it's all wrong!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that was me and i don't spam doom spike because it's boring as hell and i'd rather enjoy my game than optimize dps on darkhold trash pulls, especially when the only non-crystal double-pull that happened was an accident.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that was me and i don't spam doom spike because it's boring as hell and i'd rather enjoy my game than optimize dps on darkhold trash pulls, especially when the only non-crystal double-pull that happened was an accident.

dude what
if it was a double pull, accidental or otherwise, you have no reason not to be using doomspike.
that's not even "optimizing DPS" it's just playing the fuckin game, dude.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Augus posted:

dude what
if it was a double pull, accidental or otherwise, you have no reason not to be using doomspike.
that's not even "optimizing DPS" it's just playing the fuckin game, dude.

consider this: it was lldr, and I Do Not Care

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
what in the gently caress? how in the gently caress do you not find aoe more fun than pressing 123 on a single drat mob over and over and over again

you do that through all the goddamn boss fights already

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
well, you see, if i aoe, i'm pushing one button over and over, but if i single target i am pressing three, a nearly threefold increase in my fun per gcd

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I mean come the gently caress on, one at least gives you droves of big numbers on the screen and makes the dungeon faster if nothing else.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Truga posted:

what in the gently caress? how in the gently caress do you not find aoe more fun than pressing 123 on a single drat mob over and over and over again

you do that through all the goddamn boss fights already

I take it you play a class with a real aoe rotation

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you're in Darkhold nobody's having fun, might as well just make it end as fast as possible

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

I take it you play a class with a real aoe rotation

Currently in the process of leveling the best AoE class: WHM.

The main DPS I play is BLM tho. That has good aoe too.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

well, you see, if i aoe, i'm pushing one button over and over, but if i single target i am pressing three, a nearly threefold increase in my fun per gcd

I hope this is OF posting because holy poo poo lmao

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

The gently caress are you on about. I pulled everything up to the first boss, double pulled twice with those super annoying frogs, and did the last magitek field room in two instead of four pulls, and pulled the skeletons and drakes in the final corridor in a single instead of double pull. The only time I single pulled was right before the second boss with the annoying ghosts that are a huge pain to move around because they're ranged.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yes it's lldr, the thing where you're replaying old content and don't want to take an hour for one run.
if you don't give a gently caress then you shouldnt give a gently caress if you get kicked for being a loving godawful DPS.
doing a single-target rotation on 6+ mobs is so goddamn stupid, you might as well just be mashing full thrust and nothing else.

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 9, 2017

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you talking about the experience food buff or just what food to give it in the stable? Any hourly food you can give them in the stable is going to give the same exp. Then there are the special foods. You can feed your bo the special foods when you have it summoned to give it a buff. Feed 10 of the food in the stable to get a double buff when you feed it outside. I use slykis bud (attack up) personally. The experience up food is Curiel Root.

It should be worth noting that Curiel Root only affects experience gains through combat, after you summon your chocobo and use one. It doesn't affect Challenge Log or Feeding yields, which are going to be the bulk of your gains by far. Curiel Root is also still gardening exclusive, where as every other buff food can be bought through the Vath shop at pretty inexpensive prices.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

I think some of you are missing the fact that LK is documenting all this and reporting it to Square so it can be looked into. He did say that they fixed the things he initially found, it just turned out there was another way to do it.

Also the colors are pretty garish as 50s pointed out, so I'm not too sure a ton of people are going to go out of their way to do it other than to see if they can.

It might be funny if they fix it just due to the rage it'd cause all the people using it to make their tits bigger (one of the changes that only shows up to the person doing it AFAIK).

Every change is client side unless you do one specific thing, and they probably won't patch it because there are more important things to worry about. If you could use it to change things like body features or things you need a fantasia for they'd probably care since that's essentially hacking your way around spending $10, but as it is now I imagine that they don't care at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

You forgot to tell us how we don't pay your sub.