Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Also I got my first freebie and it is an adorable apple red thermos, wish me luck on my slow but inevitable lead poisoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I randomly received a yellow comb.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Guy Mann posted:

So I got my automatic belt in the mail today.

Pros:
-looks cool
-feels great
-comes in sizes that actually fit a cornfed American

Cons:
-when I opened the packaging the fumes made my fire alarm go off for a few chirps

I got one of those belts too but no bonus fumes. They must really like you!

Mocking Bird posted:

Also I got my first freebie and it is an adorable apple red thermos, wish me luck on my slow but inevitable lead poisoning

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I randomly received a yellow comb.

I got what looks like some paper currency. It says 50 Euro. I'll upload a pic when I get out of work later.

Edit:

Click for gigantic!

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 12, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if anyone needs a pocket knife this is a good one. it's the same price on aliexpress and only available from one seller, so I will just link the amazon page

https://www.amazon.com/Sanrenmu-7010LUC-SA-Pocket-Folding-Knife/dp/B00GMMPIK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499817131&sr=8-1&keywords=sanrenmu+710

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I hate you for making me think to search for "edc", now there's all kinds of dumb crap that looks neat but I'd never use

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sentient Data posted:

I hate you for making me think to search for "edc", now there's all kinds of dumb crap that looks neat but I'd never use

One of my favorite bits of AliExpress item name cruft was fidget spinners being labeled as EDC equipment :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Mann posted:

One of my favorite bits of AliExpress item name cruft was fidget spinners being labeled as EDC equipment :allears:

You obviously haven't seen the dorky poo poo that nerds Every Day Carry

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

What's a hideaway?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Americans that go out of their way to use British words are insufferable so I'm not surprised he refers to a flashlight as a "torch"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

AnimalChin posted:

What's a hideaway?

Knife in a sheath on a chain around his neck

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Sentient Data posted:

How about some Official Something Awful Shoelace Clasps?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What gets me every time is what kind of idiot keeps a pen in their back pocket?

e: I never really thought about this but: or loving sunglasses?!?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Imagine the ammount of hours that guy spent admiring his get-up in his parents' bedroom mirror.

*slowly turns to the side to judge the angle of the torch digging into his t-shirt* "Yeah, neat, real neat, oh yeah". *aligns the belt buckle again*

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Dude has nothing on this guy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mike12345 posted:

So what does he do with all the rubbish on the ground? Just kick it as he goes?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jerry Cotton posted:

So what does he do with all the rubbish on the ground? Just kick it as he goes?
It's stored in the DeLorean.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh I forgot, I'm the non-digital money!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

mike12345 posted:

challenge for this thread: find all the crap pictured on aliexpress.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

mike12345 posted:

challenge for this thread: find all the crap pictured on aliexpress.

So a Xioami, a laser, a monocular, a voltmeter, a stungun, an electronic lockpick, a shotgun mic, and wrenches.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

mike12345 posted:

Is this ironic?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

It's from 1993.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

What always got me is that he's got a Fluke network tester and a gun with a spare mag.

Was he expecting the network closet to attack him?

Have to magdump to protect himself against marauding routers?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

spog posted:

What always got me is that he's got a Fluke network tester and a gun with a spare mag.

Jerry Cotton posted:

What gets me every time is what kind of idiot keeps a pen in their back pocket?

e: I never really thought about this but: or loving sunglasses?!?

Future Darwin award-winner spotted.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If he was every confronted by some, I dunno, server burglar they'd spin him around to give him a wedgie and find his gun. Then they'd give him a quick merciful death instead.

I mean, I assume that's why it's there.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The fact that he's carrying copies of Mondo and 2600 makes me think it's dig at the nerds who used to argue about who was more "Cyberpunk" on the old BBS message boards. Not gonna lie, 13 yr old me would've thought that guy was loving cool as hell.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

The fact that he's carrying copies of Mondo and 2600 makes me think it's dig at the nerds who used to argue about who was more "Cyberpunk" on the old BBS message boards. Not gonna lie, 13 yr old me would've thought that guy was loving cool as hell.

I was 13 in 93 too and yeah, I probably also would have thought he was rad as hell. I was wondering if it was ironic based on the language used which seems like someone ripped of a Shadowrun sourcebook and the fact that I think nearly everything he has can be done on my smartphone now.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

If you look at the bottom of the page, it is actually out of an issue of Mondo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I remember there being another magazine coverage from the 90's with an entire line-up of "futuristic" guys like that. They were actual irl people though that walked around dressed like that every day "paving the way to the future against the mainsteam" or something along those lines. I remember one picture of the whole group on a hill, somebody must know what I'm talking about, I have no idea what term to search to find it.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Blue Train posted:

If you look at the bottom of the page, it is actually out of an issue of Mondo

Ha, I missed that.

Also, does anyone know where i can find more copies of that magazine? The only issue I ever saw was at an old radio station I used to work at.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
AliExpress has a pest control section. I guess when you have a reputation for selling toxic poo poo you may as well capitalize on it, right? :shepicide:

spog posted:

Was he expecting the network closet to attack him?

Have to magdump to protect himself against marauding routers?

I can't remember if it was that NASA janitor or another dude but I remember one of those EDC goons was finally living out his wet dream of being in a position where he could legally shoot someone and his expensive future gun just jammed on him.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Palpek posted:

I remember there being another magazine coverage from the 90's with an entire line-up of "futuristic" guys like that. They were actual irl people though that walked around dressed like that every day "paving the way to the future against the mainsteam" or something along those lines. I remember one picture of the whole group on a hill, somebody must know what I'm talking about, I have no idea what term to search to find it.

poo poo, I remember that. It was like a meeting of "cyborgs" or something. Some of them were 'kind of a big deal' in Silicon Valley if I remember correctly...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

cyberia posted:

I also ordered this badge to go with my existing sexy Hitler badges:

Link please?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Amphigory posted:

poo poo, I remember that. It was like a meeting of "cyborgs" or something. Some of them were 'kind of a big deal' in Silicon Valley if I remember correctly...
Heh, thanks - "cyborgs" was the word that let me nail it down.

Behold:

Palpek fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 12, 2017

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Yessss!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Palpek posted:

Heh, thanks - "cyborgs" was the word that let me nail it down.

Behold:

Sigh. I know exactly where those photos were taken.

Right here.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm Jim Antennahat, leader of the gang. I have excellent FM reception but am weakened by doorways

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

The presence of only one trenchcoat in those photos surprises me.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The correct term is gargoyle :colbert:

But hell yeah those pictures rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatrambino
May 7, 2007
Felt strange ordering only 1 sticker for my new car.
[timg]Newsticker https://imgur.com/gallery/Q8Pwj[/timg]