Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TBH I was hoping Dark Id would end this update at meeting Devola/Popola and not say anything til the next update. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hmmm. Can I play them both on just a PS3/PS4 or do I really need a Vita?

Gravity Rush Remake (HD version of the original) and GR2 are both on the PS4, yeah.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

What's his reason for life is strange? I just beat it so I'm curious

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

really queer Christmas posted:

He said that it had something to do with being young and stuff, but I'm sure it's really because it becomes a psychedelic nihilism simulator by the end.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Beefstew posted:

He said that it had something to do with being young and stuff, but I'm sure it's really because it becomes a psychedelic nihilism simulator by the end.

True, the game practically becomes a Yoko Taro game in later parts, so him liking it isn't a shock :v:

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
His reasons for liking Final Fantasy XV is basically "I lived under the shadow of this thing threatening to release at the same time as my games for ten years":

quote:

I was creating a title called NIER Gestalt/Replicant when this title was called Versus XIII but because it was very likely that our games would release around the same time, I was thinking “oh man, Versus is an action RPG right? It would suck if the release dates were close to each other.” NIER ended up releasing without having to worry about Versus XIII but then, when I was creating Drakengard 3 I thought “it would suck if they release close to our release,” and it was the same again when we were creating NieR: Automata this time too. Looking back, I feel like I was trapped by the curse of Versus for about 10 years. This game and its content created over the course of 10 years is unparalleled and unique, and I enjoyed it a lot. The one thing that surprised me the most is their incomprehensible passion towards food and beverage. FF is amazing.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

His reasons for liking Final Fantasy XV is basically "I lived under the shadow of this thing threatening to release at the same time as my games for ten years":

and in the end FFXV wasnt even a JRPG to worry about (in my opinion)

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The worst part about the scanner is that you can't use it while riding a moose or boar.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Saagonsa posted:

Hell, even the original had an insanely nihilistic theme near the end.

The Raven DLC in 2 has a pretty dark story as well.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

quote:

Life is Strange
There is a game called Remember Me that was released for the PS3. It has great artistic taste and I have awarded it my personal “most visually beautiful game on PS3 award” and the company that created that game is DONTNOD Entertainment in France. And as a new title from that studio, I just can’t help but pay attention to… wait, what is this graphic! The direction is completely different! This surprise was how I met Life is Strange. In sharp contrast to Remember Me, this title is about life in school in a quiet city. This title is great with many small youthful moments scattered around the game within the boundaries of restricted expression. By the way, Remember Me is still not localized into Japanese, when is it going to be localized?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Qrr posted:

Also while I was looking up what episode that music showed up in I saw that TDI was going to do a video on 2B's animation flourishes. I don't think we've seen that yet, and it sounds like something that would be quite cool.

That video is actually coming up pretty soon! I'd been waiting to get rid of 9S's dopey rear end running circles around 2B like a startled puppy.

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

That video is actually coming up pretty soon! I'd been waiting to get rid of 9S's dopey rear end running circles around 2B like a startled puppy.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I just wanna know his reasons for liking Horizon. There aren't really any butts, so that's not it. The story, I guess?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

VolticSurge posted:

I just wanna know his reasons for liking Horizon. There aren't really any butts, so that's not it. The story, I guess?

Maybe because it starts out like it's going to be some YA-novel style "hypercompetent outsider proving themselves among a quirky band of tribal teens" and then everyone else gets killed by cultists with machine guns and spidermechs

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

VolticSurge posted:

quote:

Horizon Zero Dawn
The thought that came to my mind at first glance was “this world view is amazing.” I had thought that big-title Western games have a strong directionality towards realism, and on the other hand does not often venture into artistic exploration, and so I was stunned that a world filled with such imagination like this title would be created. I immediately preordered the game. Well, having said that, Guerilla Games’ art has been really cool ever since Killzone don’t you think..? By the way, the release date of this game was only one week apart from NieR: Automata, the game I created. I thought I was going to die. Well, I did die. (I just noticed that I keep on talking about release dates…)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder what he thinks about botw

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He mentioned in one of the N:A interview he'd love to see a Japanese release of Undertale, and now one is slated to come out.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, at this point we've run into a lot of android corpses, even taking out the ones spawned from players dying.
Do you think YoRHa just leaves them or are there units with the task of corpse retrieval so the bodies can be recycled rather than YoRHa having to constantly make new materials for new android bodies?

The Dark Id posted:

We’ll have to have some words with 9S about danger close fire missions...

sort them all out again to reactive the terminal.

shoving her soul into it and hoping that worked to make who normal again

next time as we returned to the Flooded City

Not sure if the first is typo stuff or if it's supposed to be a phrase, like on a warning sign: "about 'danger, close fire' missions"

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Zagglezig posted:

So, at this point we've run into a lot of android corpses, even taking out the ones spawned from players dying.
Do you think YoRHa just leaves them or are there units with the task of corpse retrieval so the bodies can be recycled rather than YoRHa having to constantly make new materials for new android bodies?

Not sure if the first is typo stuff or if it's supposed to be a phrase, like on a warning sign: "about 'danger, close fire' missions"

Danger close is military jargon. Here's a CP'd blurb from some military dictionary site: In close air support, artillery, mortar, and naval gunfire support fires, it is the term included in the method of engagement segment of a call for fire which indicates that friendly forces are within close proximity of the target. The close proximity distance is determined by the weapon and munition fired. See also call for fire; final protective fire.

I think the sentence was written as intended - the fire mission itself is being described as danger close.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I read this on my phone and said "Son of a BITCH" when the twins showed up, then my wife berated me for swearing in front of our kid.

Carry on.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I did something like that too, except it was "Motherfucker!" and it happened when the Auto-Collect chip showed up because I somehow missed it when I played this.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The importance of the auto-collect chip cannot be overstated. The difference is night and day, no longer having to walk around and manually pick up every single drop after a fight. Probably cuts the average length of a fight in half.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Begemot posted:

The importance of the auto-collect chip cannot be overstated. The difference is night and day, no longer having to walk around and manually pick up every single drop after a fight. Probably cuts the average length of a fight in half.

No, seriously, you're still underselling it.

It can also pick up items during a fight, meaning you can now run in, beat up the guy you want an item from, and run away without having to engage the rest of them because you want to pick up an item and they keep hitting you out of the item pickup animation.

Life is just so much better with auto-collect. The only possible downside is you might start to forget you're picking up items and don't do a quick lap for anything you miss.

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It can also pick up items during a fight, meaning you can now run in, beat up the guy you want an item from, and run away without having to engage the rest of them because you want to pick up an item and they keep hitting you out of the item pickup animation.

Life is just so much better with auto-collect. The only possible downside is you might start to forget you're picking up items and don't do a quick lap for anything you miss.

Ah yes. Time spent farming for stuff is so much shorter after getting this.

I used to do a quick lap to get everything. Though after a couple more endings, I now have so much I keep getting maxed on the common items. But I don't want to sell them all because what if I need it?! (Despite the fact that I easily buy them and probably don't have need of them anymore.)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I did something like that too, except it was "Motherfucker!" and it happened when the Auto-Collect chip showed up because I somehow missed it when I played this.

I did too. I didn't discover it until there was nothing left to do but side quests.

I actually think I did buy it at first, then died immediately, didn't realize you lost all your chips on death, figured it didn't do what was advertised, played several hours without chips, and forgot about it.

Also I didn't notice that pressing up and down changes the weapons. I think I actually played about 10 hours with the weakest Level 1 weapon because I changed it like that by mistake. I was like "Man, the game got really difficult all of a sudden."

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 12, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Most lets plays I’ve watched don’t discover the quick menu thingy until about twenty hours into the game.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I've started reading the Resident Evil Zero LP to pass the time between updates.

'Meanwhile, back on the train, detachable vaginas rain down upon the windows through the cliffside wizard's magical song.' Seems like I'm in for a good time here.

To this day it still kind of weirds me out seeing TID play actually good games now, remembering the entire point of his LPs used to be us all laughing while he suffered so we wouldn't have to.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You're still underselling it because you can use it to collect random drops of (hopefully) rare materials through walls, cutting out a bunch of navigating to get to the spawns for pure water or various flavors of gadget.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You have to almost actively try not to pick up everything once you that chip.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

He wants a Japanese localization for Remember Me.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Dimebags Brain posted:

He wants a Japanese localization for Remember Me.

Remember Me is a thoroughly mediocre game that I still have beaten twice, once in English, once in French. The art design is so good and the music is quite unique. The story is full of interesting ideas and has potential but is weighed down by some weak writing. I have a weak spot for the game.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Geemer posted:

You're still underselling it because you can use it to collect random drops of (hopefully) rare materials through walls, cutting out a bunch of navigating to get to the spawns for pure water or various flavors of gadget.

I too remember doing laps of the building in the starting area, picking up a drop through the wall with something like a 10% chance of being a Simple Gadget, sighing, and reloading for 2 hours because I needed 10 of them

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

havenwaters posted:

He picked that one because he drinks with one of the people high up on the project and can tell from the guy's piercing eyes that he'd definitely create something like dangan ronpa

edit: for gravity rush 2 he also drinks with someone on that team:

:allears:

Yoko Taro is such a treasure.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I too remember doing laps of the building in the starting area, picking up a drop through the wall with something like a 10% chance of being a Simple Gadget, sighing, and reloading for 2 hours because I needed 10 of them

:stonk: dog you can literally buy every material in the game save pure water, what a horrible fate.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Zoe posted:

They were bad at their jobs and hosed up absolutely everything, they don't deserve to be alive all these thousands of years later. :mad: Especially after being killed, and all.

Apparently you forgot:

No stopping ever.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Grapplejack posted:

:stonk: dog you can literally buy every material in the game save pure water, what a horrible fate.

Everything except gadgets, as it turns out! :pseudo:

:eng99:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Pretty sure you get enough of them for everything that requires them from certain side quests.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Zoe posted:

To this day it still kind of weirds me out seeing TID play actually good games now, remembering the entire point of his LPs used to be us all laughing while he suffered so we wouldn't have to.

Well he did start with Resident Evil 4, widely agreed to be a pretty good game. Things went downhill from there though.

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Everything except gadgets, as it turns out! :pseudo:

I went through the wikis list of where you can get them. With the side quests giving me a bunch, and going through the list, I had them pretty quickly. Not sure if it was good rng, but everywhere I hadn't picked up from before, there was one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Remember Me is a thoroughly mediocre game that I still have beaten twice, once in English, once in French. The art design is so good and the music is quite unique. The story is full of interesting ideas and has potential but is weighed down by some weak writing. I have a weak spot for the game.

Remember Me is just Wasted Potential: The Game.

• Locked thread