Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I have a weird perspective. I don't think I've ever seen Susano enrage. Nearly every Lakshmi failure I've been in was due to enrage.

Man, that's weird. I don't know her enrage at all. The only Lakshmi wipes I regularly see are "DPSes hosed up the add-killing phase."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ImpAtom posted:

Man, that's weird. I don't know her enrage at all. The only Lakshmi wipes I regularly see are "DPSes hosed up the add-killing phase."

I dunno what the time is, but she just starts a 10s cast that blows everyone off the arena that can't be stopped by Vril. Which I guess is funnier than just loving killing everyone :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i have a fflogs sitting around somewhere of the single worst sophia party i've been in that actually cleared, starring dgkk, that i'm not going to link because calling out people is dumb, but it involves a 433 dps bard with 0 casts of raging strikes, 0 casts of internal release, 0 casts of hawk's eye, 0 casts of barrage, and 0 casts of heavy shot over a 10 minute pull

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

i have a fflogs sitting around somewhere of the single worst sophia party i've been in that actually cleared, starring dgkk, that i'm not going to link because calling out people is dumb, but it involves a 433 dps bard with 0 casts of raging strikes, 0 casts of internal release, 0 casts of hawk's eye, 0 casts of barrage, and 0 casts of heavy shot over a 10 minute pull

What the hell was the bard actually doing?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the vast majority of goons have the ability to clear ex primals if they sit down for a lockout and get the "i'm a casual player, i don't want to do scary hard content" mindset out of the way

ImpAtom posted:

What the hell was the bard actually doing?

using straight shot as their filler move

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Not using act allows me to pretend that I + all my friends are very good at this game

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Not using act allows me to pretend that I + all my friends are very good at this game

haha

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

the vast majority of goons have the ability to clear ex primals if they sit down for a lockout and get the "i'm a casual player, i don't want to do scary hard content" mindset out of the way

i'm gonna try this strat out

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Please do NOT post my numbers even if you did I wouldn't know what they meant

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

I love EX primals, they sit right on my line of 'difficult content I can actually be assed to do and make time for'. Savage raids are forever out of reach for me not as a matter of skill but a matter of time.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you can handle the lightning cloud + pushback mechanic in Susano I 100% guarantee you could have done A9S and probably A10S at the minimum.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
like, just in a random rear end pf after watching a video

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'd heard that but I never got around to trying my hand at it and I'm not sure why v:v:v

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's a new sheriff in town

AND SHE'S HOT STUFF

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Reiterpallasch posted:

if you can handle the lightning cloud + pushback mechanic in Susano I 100% guarantee you could have done A9S and probably A10S at the minimum.

I really hope O1S and O2S are easy enough for people who enjoy hard fights but don't want to schedule raid nights to clear them

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SirPhoebos posted:

Starting to put together a SusanoEx group, check the discord if you're not in DGKK.

SusanoEx status: Dead. Cross-server crew rode in to the rescue.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Reiterpallasch posted:

people balk at me when i suggest just jumping into PF and experiencing the drat fight because strangers are spooky and scary and it's haaaaaaaaard. but get this: it's not hard after you've seen the drat mechanic five times! it's easy!

homeless snail posted:

everyone should run ACT and get into the reward loop of making your numbers, and your friends' numbers, grow big and strong. it's cool and good and god drat it please don't be the healer doing 50dps on susano PLEASE GOD

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Luceid posted:

people balk at me when i suggest just jumping into PF and experiencing the drat fight because strangers are spooky and scary and it's haaaaaaaaard. but get this: it's not hard after you've seen the drat mechanic five times! it's easy!

Hell, just queue in RF, it works out way more often than not

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

Susano has a tight enough enrage that chain rezzing won't clear the fight even if you never actually wipe, as opposed to Lakshmi where you can do whatever and enrage never matters

Not to be a contrarian but... 17 deaths.
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/7AbaHdqPG9MzxrYK/#fight=13

Hivac posted:

Hell, just queue in RF, it works out way more often than not

I'm a major supporter of RF, since it's how I got both my Lakshmi and Susano clears.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Luceid posted:

everyone should run ACT and get into the reward loop of making your numbers, and your friends' numbers, grow big and strong. it's cool and good and god drat it please don't be the healer doing 50dps on susano PLEASE GOD

*outDPSes machinists in Susano as a SCH*

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
I'm putting a group together for guildhests, anyone can come except if you're in DGKK

BRING YOUR OWN FOOD + POTS

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
Group fell through - Dumbass loving tank didn't tank the turtle correctly

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Failcon posted:

sorry but you don't pay my sub

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Thanks for this!

:kimchi:
This thread needs more pictures of people showing off their cool decked-out characters. (in my humble lowbie opinion)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's Aquapolis time! Log in and join me on an adventure in disappointment!

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Ghost of Starman posted:

This thread needs more pictures of people showing off their cool decked-out characters. (in my humble lowbie opinion)

Agreed. The color selection on that glamour makes me jealous.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks for this!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Captain Failcon posted:

Seriousposting:

I have failed this guildhest before because people killed the turtle.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I want more machinist abilities like flamethrower, where you just strap a big loving tank of whatever onto your gun and just bwaaaam acid or poison or lightning or dragon lasers or non-bullet projectiles because gently caress you, I'm literally Edgar from FFVI. Give me bio blaster and autocrossbow, chainsaw, power drill (!!!!), hell, give me the debilitator and give vuln up or magic def down to raid bosses, bam, cool flavorful raid utility for MCH.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

That said I'm having 0 luck finding a patched dll. And I thought my google skills were pretty good :negative:

So uh... I couldn't find a dll so I downloaded the source code, rummaged around and commented out (what looked like) the part that clears the depth buffer on network traffic and recompiled it... and it works?! :pram: Now watch me get banned for making my game pretty!

Thanks again for the tip, kojei!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

I dunno what the time is, but she just starts a 10s cast that blows everyone off the arena that can't be stopped by Vril. Which I guess is funnier than just loving killing everyone :v:

Not just one, but multiple. Have successfully used Onslaught to save self from dying after the first pushback, but there's no delay between the first and second and in theory every other one until dead.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I wish Susano's enrage had a cast bar and a fancier animation just so that you could tell he was doing it. The first time I ever saw it I was just confused as to what happened.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ferrinus posted:

I wish Susano's enrage had a cast bar and a fancier animation just so that you could tell he was doing it. The first time I ever saw it I was just confused as to what happened.

It has an animation? I just remember the screen going to black.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's just another of his AoE attacks.

Bismarck still has the best enrage.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost of Starman posted:

I'm here to disappoint.

Lv 69 dungeon sucks but dang the caster and healer sets look great

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A bad opinion :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

SKULL.GIF posted:

He just does his Unekhi animation + lightning nova without so much as a cast bar. It's incredible that he doesn't even loudly tell you he's growing bored or something.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks for this!

How does a YoRhA read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Behold in all its glory the tanks for the randy savages static!