Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tsob posted:

Don't her homies all have obvious anthropomorphic features like faces? Can't really see them as good spy material given how simple it is to tell when one is around if that's true.

when they have their eyes closed they blend in pretty well

Chapter 847: that box is going to be opened at the tea party and it will be glorious :allears:

Chapter 848: :yohoho: Soul King :allears:

Chapter 850: I'm listening to the ost as I read this and naturally this song was playing during the Pudding reveal and I'm so frucking mad right now

EDIT:
Chapter 851: ouch holy gently caress my heart I can't take this reading this much one piece at once was a bad idea JINBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Chapter 854: "Bropper are you okay?" no he's clearly not. also Brook managed to score some hits on the sun, noice

Chapter 855: oh a fly :catstare: and holy gently caress Brook is stealing the god drat show this arc

Chapter 856:

Chapter 857: WHY DID I STOP READING THIS loving COMIC EVERY drat CHAPTER IS A ROLLERCOASTER RIDE OF EMOTIONS HOT drat

Chapter 858: wow there's a lot of "milk" in this chapter

Chapter 860: I have to say, more than anything else the causal cannibalism is still creeping me the gently caress out

Chapter 862: ... I was wondering why the thread title changed...

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving love reading people react to awesome stuff.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 867: :stare: :stare: :stare: okay big mom wins the most hosed up childhood flashback award :stare: :stare: :stare:
I had this music playing and it loving sync'd up way, way too well, the final drum hit exactly on the double page spread when she finished eating and I'm way too sleep deprived to handle this right now I'm honestly shaking and need to go for a walk

EDIT:
Chapter 872

... oh god I thought there were way more chapters to catch up on... one year is not good enough, I need more

EDIT 2: Reading the thread cause I'm too full of adrenaline to bother sleeping and:

Bisse posted:

That one time she wanted to eat Créme Brulée and noone had it and she ended up eating her entire home island.

:allears:

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 16, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

tsob posted:

Don't her homies all have obvious anthropomorphic features like faces? Can't really see them as good spy material given how simple it is to tell when one is around if that's true.
TBF Big Mam had 3 major ones and nobody ever really noticed the ones on her hat.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The one on her hat had a face already and multiple people commented on the fact it mirrored her expression before it was revealed to be a homie if I recall.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I want Franky's arms now too

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Yeah can you send a picture of the bottom response too haha?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Oda: "Here is a man made of light, he can fly at incredible speed and shoot hard light laserbeams at his enemies. Also, he-"

One Piece fan: "yeah but how hosed up is his dick though??"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

OP fans ask the important questions.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"Have you ever been hosed at the speed of light?"

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
These are questions Luffy himself would ask, no harm in that

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sub Harrison posted:

Yeah can you send a picture of the bottom response too haha?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I started working my way through the series about a week ago after finishing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and I've been loving it so far. I decided to pick the manga up because even in that games cliff notes version of the story it still managed to make me cry over a god drat boat. I've been spoiled on a lot of the big moments as a result, but it hasn't lessened the impact of most of those moments. I love this crew of idiots and I cry with them every time they have to say goodbye to a friendly island. With all that said, and I'm sure this has been posted a million times before but...

what the gently caress, Usopp?

(also this arc is trash and I want it to end)

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

That translation is almost entirely made up and is supposed to actually be something like "Does the afro make the champ, or does the champ make the afro?" without mentioning race at all, and is supposed to be about afros being a popular hairstyle among boxers back in the day. Particularly in reference to a Japanese dude that was a world champion in the 70's.

And Foxy is good, actually.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Boy am I glad Regy Rusty decided to read official viz scans and not these terrible color scans.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

sirtommygunn posted:

I started working my way through the series about a week ago after finishing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and I've been loving it so far. I decided to pick the manga up because even in that games cliff notes version of the story it still managed to make me cry over a god drat boat. I've been spoiled on a lot of the big moments as a result, but it hasn't lessened the impact of most of those moments. I love this crew of idiots and I cry with them every time they have to say goodbye to a friendly island. With all that said, and I'm sure this has been posted a million times before but...

what the gently caress, Usopp?

(also this arc is trash and I want it to end)

Cuchulain posted:

The line is supposed to be "Since the dawn of time man has wondered: does the afro make the champion? Or does the champion make the afro? Even modern science can't say." In reference to Japan's most famous boxer, Yoko Gushiken. That's a wig they found in a dressing room before the main character has to go have a boxing match against someone.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I am glad to hear good manga One Piece is not super racist, now I can go back to enjoying the crew exploring not-Venice.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Foxy and the DAVY BACK FIGHT is the best arc :colbert:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GodFish posted:

two fillers arcs and a movie later...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 👒  
⠀ ⠀ 🎈🎈🎈
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
🔫  🎈🎈 🔫
  🎈    🎈
 🎈     🎈
👡⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 👡

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

GodFish posted:

Truth. And that afro bit is AMAZING when it's not translated by loving idiots.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite thing about the afro is that everyone gets really into it except Nami who looks around confused. Then she sees Robin and assumes she'll be the voice of reason but Robin is just nodding along agreeing.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Thanks!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Man with Hat posted:

Truth. And that afro bit is AMAZING when it's not translated by loving idiots.

Its amazing when really racist too tbf

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if really racist shonen is your thing then check out the america arc of Eyeshield 21

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

oddium posted:

if really racist shonen is your thing then check out the america arc of Eyeshield 21

that american team deserved to lose 1. for restricting panther. 2. for overusing him and trying to get him to carry

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is the last week before another break, right?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
We won't know until the chapter is released dude. Chill.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Julias posted:

We won't know until the chapter is released dude. Chill.
Uhhh they've been doing 3 on, one off for ages now, I just lost count of the chapters. dude.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

This is the last week before another break, right?

Yeah it's been 2 in a row since the last break. When's the next Golden week? There's 10 of those a year it seems.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

deep space nein posted:

Yeah it's been 2 in a row since the last break. When's the next Golden week? There's 10 of those a year it seems.

Next holiday break (affecting the whole magazine) will be for Obon, in early August.

Kuroyama fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 18, 2017

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Please dear goons... Let the man rest.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

oddium posted:

that ussop line to luffy gave me flashbacks to exactly this then i almost dropped OP until i found out otherwise but that america arc was the most racist piece of manga ive read for years and years until gate came out

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i am actually the least racist manga reader here

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's 漫画, bigot. :smug:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Wrong, bitch.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
im actually black and my friends bully me about my manga so i win

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if you resent them for that it might be considered somewhat racist so im still in the lead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
no it keeps me in check with the streetz so i appreciate it and i dont feel as much as a nerd for it im sorry again but ill need that trophy