Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Fastest way to level a class from 20 to 50 once roulettes are done is PotD, and the second-fastest is running around doing FATEs while dungeon-queueing for the highest level dungeon and doing class hunts, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

bewilderment posted:

Fastest way to level a class from 20 to 50 once roulettes are done is PotD, and the second-fastest is running around doing FATEs while dungeon-queueing for the highest level dungeon and doing class hunts, right?

To 60, and LDR is worth doing daily, but generally yes.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

isk posted:

To 60, and LDR is worth doing daily, but generally yes.

Just kind of asking because I've gotten it into my head that after finishing the ARR main quest I kind of want to learn healing as a SCH (currently level 20) and get that to 50 too before going through 2.x and Heavensward content as my WAR, but at the very least I'll probably need to PotD my way through 20 to 30 because queueing as as a dps for, like, Sastasha sounds terrible while if I'm 30 and count as a healer I can try to actually learn something.

Also online I saw a bunch of complaints about the level 20 Arcanist quest, even up to this day when people aid it was nigh-impossible because Arcanist no longer had a malady effect, but following some tips people gave out it seemed... fine?
Use the tank carbuncle, focus down anything that's ranged first and leave the melees to the NPCs, spread the dots around instead of ruin-spamming (because NPCs will handle single-target damage), done on the first try.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Obligatum VII posted:

The problem isn't really the raises, although having an instant cast raise that is always available is incredibly helpful provided they only need to use it once or twice in a fight since it frees up swiftcast usage and MP for the healers. The problem with RDM's utility, as I see it, is that they get a group damage buff on top of beating the other casters in overall damage. To add insult to injury, said group damage buff does not benefit other casters in any way, thus encouraging dumping any and all other caster DPS for RDMs instead and physical damage classes instead. I don't get why they do this sort of thing that limits valid compositions like that. Embolden, brotherhood, that should all affect magic damage too.

agreed, RDM owns and i'm glad square enix respects my class fantasy of being the strongest and best at all times

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can't wait for whatever raid tier has this datamined song in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
5/5 oneshots on a partydad PF that had no ilvl requirement, and thus I could join with my scrub-rear end i303 SAM.

This is your hourly reminder that people who demand unreasonably high ilvls to do content you need to do to HIT said ilvl requirement are probably terrible at the game and may even kick puppies for fun.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do we have any idea what the Creation gear's gonna look like?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's upsetting the number of pubbie tanks in extreme parties who tell me that using Shirk is too complicated.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Why isn't there a Tiny Gremlin minion

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's upsetting the number of pubbie tanks in extreme parties who tell me that using Shirk is too complicated.

Never turn down a chance to circleshirk. If only because you get to say "circleshirk", which will never get old to me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

press hotkey to taunt; press hotkey to highlight other tank; press hotkey to shirk

how is this possibly complicated

gently caress

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

5/5 oneshots on a partydad PF that had no ilvl requirement, and thus I could join with my scrub-rear end i303 SAM.

This is your hourly reminder that people who demand unreasonably high ilvls to do content you need to do to HIT said ilvl requirement are probably terrible at the game and may even kick puppies for fun.

To emphasize this I joined a farm party that required i310 earlier. The tank couldn't establish threat during the umbral ice phase of my opener and it wasn't until I hit lucid dreaming that a tank could establish a lead (through diversion! How?!). Then after we somehow make it through the swords 3 of the 4 lightning markers are put on the side we're on.

I wish I could say I was surprised.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hobbesmaster posted:

To emphasize this I joined a farm party that required i310 earlier. The tank couldn't establish threat during the umbral ice phase of my opener and it wasn't until I hit lucid dreaming that a tank could establish a lead (through diversion! How?!). Then after we somehow make it through the swords 3 of the 4 lightning markers are put on the side we're on.

I wish I could say I was surprised.

I decided to go goddess killing the other day. Found a party, ilvl 310 minimum, neat, we might not need to vril all that much.

Join party.

Party for some reason starts a Susano.

gently caress. I just finished farming this bitch, I do not want any more jolly samurai in my life.

I'm not gonna just bitch out though, might as well heal these clowns for a run, maybe grab a weapon or something.

Orb tank decided to be in DPS stance for orbs, ate six of my lustrates and died. We get him up. Then the second tank is failing to pop any cooldowns.

We fail the DPS check.

"Farm parties", man.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

{ Be wary of amazing chest. }

{ Try holding with both hands. }

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Question re: PotD levelling. People seem divided on whether running 1-10 or 51-60 is better - is one clearly better than the other or is it getting to a matter of personal preference?

Related question, while I'm trying to get enough aetherpool to not be a hindrance in 51-60, should I just be running 1-10 or just keep progressing on until 50 and then restarting?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A few of us got a room 7 Aquapolis run a half hour before maintenance, so it was a good night.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I got mock-up Grynewaht before maintenance :shobon:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Did 10 straight Lakshmi clears with goons tonight. I guess it was ok.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Question re: PotD levelling. People seem divided on whether running 1-10 or 51-60 is better - is one clearly better than the other or is it getting to a matter of personal preference?

Related question, while I'm trying to get enough aetherpool to not be a hindrance in 51-60, should I just be running 1-10 or just keep progressing on until 50 and then restarting?

51-60 is always the fastest even if you have to basically solo for all the pubbies. Just make sure you use strength, shielding, and flight pomanders liberally (not like anyone else will). If other people start attacking your target, go attack a new one since pubs are generally huge babies and refuse to go solo enemies in PotD even though it's super easy to as any class.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

bewilderment posted:

Just kind of asking because I've gotten it into my head that after finishing the ARR main quest I kind of want to learn healing as a SCH (currently level 20) and get that to 50 too before going through 2.x and Heavensward content as my WAR, but at the very least I'll probably need to PotD my way through 20 to 30 because queueing as as a dps for, like, Sastasha sounds terrible while if I'm 30 and count as a healer I can try to actually learn something.

Also online I saw a bunch of complaints about the level 20 Arcanist quest, even up to this day when people aid it was nigh-impossible because Arcanist no longer had a malady effect, but following some tips people gave out it seemed... fine?
Use the tank carbuncle, focus down anything that's ranged first and leave the melees to the NPCs, spread the dots around instead of ruin-spamming (because NPCs will handle single-target damage), done on the first try.

Learn SCH when you get burnt out on 2.x content.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

Notes are up, friendos, let the overanalyzing begin

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

- No direct potency changes to MCH abilities, I'm sad as heck :( Still a 3% increase on the Hot Shot buff, Overload made effective enough to be worth doing during wildfires, and Barrel Stabilizer getting its cooldown cut in half is certainly nice, though. I don't know if it'll be enough?? :shrug:

- Summoners REJOICE: "Dreadwyrm Trance Aetherflow actions are no longer required to inflict an effect on a target to gain Aethertrail Attunement."

- I guess Plenary Indulgence is now a "oh gently caress we need more goddamn AOE healing" button. I'm still not exactly sure how you're meant to use it though, with a Confession stack time of ten seconds.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 18, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
long live whm/sch compositions

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sweet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Drg looks like the minimal set of changes necessary to make it play nicer. It'll still probably get an overhaul in a patch or two but it should be fine for now.

e: and Summoner no longer loses out on a minute of aetherflow if they gently caress up, neat

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ahahahahahaha balance got nerfed hard

at least spears might get actual use now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
{The Spear} {Can I have it?}

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The AST Balance Buff of 3.4 has been undone, but now Spear grants 10% crit (5% when Expanded). Neat!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Spear is a 10% crit buff, and Balance is down to 10%.

All the healer stuff looks great.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ohhh dude I can't wait to heal tomorrow. Those SCH changes are nice.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

quote:

Quietus: The additional effect "Restores own MP" has been added.

Neeeeeeaaaaaaat.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The drg potency change probably means you actually want to use BotD extenders even in Lotd, but I don't remember enough details of how the LotD sequence worked to math it out.

I think it almost assuredly means we can Lifesurge the second extender if the CD doesn't line up with Full Thrust.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

It's almost like they gave me Bloodbath back! *sob*

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That new tank gear actually looks quite nice. They didn't do much of anything to my main class, so that's good. Oh, except make Assassinate better in PVP which is cool. I can't wait to break into Savage for the first time.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

ALL OF THESE CHANGES ARE BEAUTIFUL

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yay making warrior suck less. and Cyclone now granting healing :getin:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This seems pretty reasonable insofar as I understand the changes!

How is the Balance nerf going to affect AST insofar as changing the paradigm where all cards that are not The Balance exist in order to serve The Balance?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Not to be a wet blanket but shake it off is still a really awful skill.

I'm glad they got rid of my main complaint with the gauge loss on swap, though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

On the one hand, MCH buffs, but on the other, a Bard with a friendly AST feeding him empowered Spears

MCH is still gonna be dead last, huh :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The drg potency change probably means you actually want to use BotD extenders even in Lotd, but I don't remember enough details of how the LotD sequence worked to math it out.

I think it almost assuredly means we can Lifesurge the second extender if the CD doesn't line up with Full Thrust.

in an uninterrupted single target situation, life surge always lines up w/ full thrust, so i don't think it'll change much, there. i was expected a base potency buff for F&C/WT, but 70 is more than i was thinking. it is the only pot buff though :(