Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, and even that was him misreading the room and thinking the people who claimed to back Trump for his isolationist/non-interventionist discourse cared more about that than hating on the left and minorities.

I think that was one glimmer of Garrisons selfrespect showing through. He, as far as I can read from his collected works, has always harbored a very strong isolationist, Lindberghian America First streak. Trump promised that in his campaign, but as you correctly point out, his voters didn't really give a poo poo about that and started stroking their boners the instant Trump pivoted and began threathening other nations with war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

The story is Peter Dutton has had his ministerial role expanded from immigration and border security to home affairs, a new super ministry where now the intelligence services and federal police will also report to him on security matters.

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Le Lievre:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I really love how her body language in the first panel tells the story of the conversation without speech bubbles. Compare that to DEBT. Simply by understanding that body language is a thing that exists, Zelda-artist is a better cartoonist than 99% of the other cartoons posted here.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Ironically he did not strike him down.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I actually checked that, and guess what? The study is not nearly as conclusive as Drunksley thinks it is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alhazred posted:

I actually checked that, and guess what? The study is not nearly as conclusive as Drunksley thinks it is.

Isn't the conclusion from that study that the more gradual introduction of 15/hr min wage should have been used?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I really love how her body language in the first panel tells the story of the conversation without speech bubbles. Compare that to DEBT. Simply by understanding that body language is a thing that exists, Zelda-artist is a better cartoonist than 99% of the other cartoons posted here.

That's because it's not a political cartoon. Political cartoons and newspaper-strip type cartoons have different audiences, purposes, and therefore conventions. Not saying that most of the cartoonists posted here aren't poo poo, but it's apples and oranges.

Lurdiak posted:

I genuinely think Garrison is just pandering to his niche. All his most notable cartoons from before Trump swerved into the spotlight were commissions, and he's been deliberately incorporating elements and covering topics that he knows his idiotic internet alt-righter fans love. I'm not saying he's some kind of secret mega-troll leftist, but I doubt what he actually thinks about Trump is top priority when he draws up a new cartoon. Like, can you imagine how much money he'd lose overnight if he just made a cartoon calling Trump a stupid piece of poo poo?

So it's never going to happen, because it wouldn't make any sense for him to do so.

That doesn't explain the insane Alex Jones tl;dr he posts with each cartoon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ironically he did not strike him down.

Not yet anyway, but he totally wants to.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Isn't the conclusion from that study that the more gradual introduction of 15/hr min wage should have been used?

There are other studies that comes to a different conclusion: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/economy/seattle-minimum-wage.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

D.N. Nation posted:

Suck it, chinless.

Man, if he ever saw these numbers he'd lose his loving mind.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This monster is actually very well-mannered and intelligent, but Carmen hates it anyway because of its appearance, which is quite different from her own. An Unintentionally Revealing Cartoon.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

With a bit more work, the author could have made water follow the curves of the body, instead of a straight line as if the robot where a cardboard. 4/10.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Listing Trump's achievements implies a bunch of bullshit. AGC.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

loquacius posted:

This monster is actually very well-mannered and intelligent, but Carmen hates it anyway because of its appearance, which is quite different from her own. An Unintentionally Revealing Cartoon.

That's a new character?
I thought that liberal coyote fella had turned werewolf or something.

Avirosb fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 19, 2017

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Alhazred posted:

There are other studies that comes to a different conclusion: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/economy/seattle-minimum-wage.html

Both studies aren't peer reviewed. Therefore they are junk imo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trying to figure out exactly why all the talking-point steers have that dull lobotomized brainwashed look on their faces

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

like Don Jr has ever said "y'all" unironically

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Avirosb posted:

That's a new character?
I thought that liberal coyote fella had turned werewolf or something.

Sounds like for some unfathomable reason you aren't following Prickly City very closely.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Little Caesar's is run by such a greedy, dim-witted troll he raised the price of the $5 pizza citing the raise in the minimum wage, he actually coached his employees to use this explanation with angry customers. Turns out this hurt his business so much he lowered the price back to $5 + taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZyv6GkAd1I

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 19, 2017

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/887688253490438145

Rall's lawsuit against the LA Times and a bunch of others for calling him a liar about his jaywalking ticket is not going well.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 19, 2017

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlvPe959Ck

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Crabtree posted:

Not yet anyway, but he totally wants to.

In this analogy, Obi-wan is just still better at lightsaber fighting than Vader, and gets away scot-free. Vader shakes his fist but consoles himself with the fact that Obi-wan will die of old age soon anyway.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'm not really in the loop anymore but why does this poo poo keep getting posted here?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

R. Mute posted:

I'm not really in the loop anymore but why does this poo poo keep getting posted here?

Palate cleanser.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Starshark posted:

Palate cleanser.
There's already Latuff, thank you very much.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

R. Mute posted:

To annoy you specifically.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

R. Mute posted:

People need a break from some of the worst humans in history (hyperbole alert) putting pen to paper. Zelda is kind of a reflection of the every-millenial: smart-ish, idealistic, anxiety-ridden and self-destructive.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Panty Saluter posted:

like Don Jr has ever said "y'all" unironically

It's a Mr. Show reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQi7-GKJp0&t=220s

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

R. Mute posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cghg-QyTP_M&t=68s

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

This is great because Trump, pretty noticeably, still doesn't make most of his products in America.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Remember when Obamacare was continually portrayed as Frankenstein's Monster and, sometimes very specifically, the monster from Young Frankenstein?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Man remember Matt Groening's really good Nixon's cartoon and Ted Rall's really bad Obama cartoon that managed to gently caress the concept up in such spectacular fashion I still can't believe it actually exists?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

eviltastic posted:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/887688253490438145

Rall's lawsuit against the LA Times and a bunch of others for calling him a liar about his jaywalking ticket is not going well.

I love every second of reading about Rall getting owned :flashfap:

toons:

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 19, 2017

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

General comic recommendation if you're someone who enjoys Zelda: you should check out Octopus Pie. It's not a political comic (not that I really consider Zelda to be one either) but I'm constantly reminded of OP anytime Zelda is posted here. Twenty-somethings daily life and romance story with a female protagonist written by a female author. This is about as political as the comic gets:

It just concluded it's 10 year run and the creator beats the pants off any other "cartoonist" in this thread.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Roving roller derby squads of brute chicks beating up nazis demands to be a comic book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

R. Mute posted:

There's already Latuff, thank you very much.

Ironically Latuff hasn't been posted here in awhile.

• Locked thread