Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn't it just scatter until contre sixte in the late 50s?

scatter is all you really need friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

AST doesn't get Gravity until 52. With cross class abilities gone that is our only AoE of any kind. Also card abilities only start at 30.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

TheRagamuffin posted:

Calling it now, the new classes introduced in 5.0 will just be SMN and SCH, finally separated.

I don't understand how this could be causing so many problems anyway, they already have actions that are exclusive to a given job, and traits that are job exclusive, so there's nothing stopping them from shifting which skills come before and after the job upgrade and using traits to adjust damage/healing values

Also, I like to at least cast succor once or twice to get the green buff icons up in the party list and remind my party that I exist and I can even mitigate ablate a few thousand damage if I will it

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 19, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UHD posted:

AST doesn't get Gravity until 52. With cross class abilities gone that is our only AoE of any kind. Also card abilities only start at 30.

The latter doesn't matter though because AST is a WHM with renamed skills below 30. The former does matter however due to the number of dungeons designed with aoe mobs to mow down. (50dr has a ton)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
essential dignity is hilarious in like satasha story, you can actually just remove benefic from your bar because ED is basically benediction on a 40s cooldown at that level

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm at work so I can't check myself, do Au Ra men have any face options that aren't covered in scales or are they pretty much all like that? Lalafell is already wearing thin, and I've never made an Au Ra.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

I'm at work so I can't check myself, do Au Ra men have any face options that aren't covered in scales or are they pretty much all like that? Lalafell is already wearing thin, and I've never made an Au Ra.

yes it's called a midlander

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Midlanders can't have cool horns :colbert:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ciaphas posted:

Midlanders can't have cool horns :colbert:

Not with that attitude.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

You're always going to have scales over your jawline and neck, and either on your cheeks or bridge of the nose. Face, facial scales, and horns being tied together makes Au Ra customization kinda disappointing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

SCH update: thanks for the advice regarding focusing on OCD spells. turns out previously i may have been hoarding aetherflow but once i embraced that dissipation it something of an "oh poo poo" button things made sense.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gruckles posted:

You're always going to have scales over your jawline and neck, and either on your cheeks or bridge of the nose. Face, facial scales, and horns being tied together makes Au Ra customization kinda disappointing.

Bah. I guess that makes sense given what I know about FF14 chargen but that still sucks. Oh well.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Thanks for the confirmation about LB usage. It was a weird dungeon run all around, actually The PGL complaining about my blowing up adds was mostly just the cherry on top.

The worst part is, I've only ever gotten Tam Tara Deepcroft (out of the maybe five duties I have unlocked) from the leveling roulette in the four days I've had roulette available.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the last time i got tam-tara, it was an in-progress run like one pull before the last boss. i felt so conflicted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jesus that's rough. Were you a war criminal in a previous life?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
e: misread. as penance, i will provide the thread with a link to the current best thing on the internet

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hm, so, what guidance do you have on when and how to use Miasma II. Do I spam when when there's a group of mobs and I have MP to spare?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rand Brittain posted:

Hm, so, what guidance do you have on when and how to use Miasma II. Do I spam when when there's a group of mobs and I have MP to spare?

At 2 mobs it will deal more damage than broil 2, if the dot deals at least 3 seconds (or one tick) of damage.

On 3 mobs, spamming the initial hit will do more damage than broil 2.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 20, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It's a good time to level crafters if you're still lingering on it. There's a flood of cheap material on the marketboard thanks to idiots in a race to the bottom as they all undercut each other by 10% each time. Thanks, canals!

I'm talking like, orishigane ingots going from 15k each to 2k each. Feels good to finish a leve for 20% of the level for the small fee of 5k gil!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Reiterpallasch posted:

incidentally, the new quickened aetherflow implementation is actually kind of a significant buff to dissipation, which is really funny once you think about the idea of dropping 9 lustrates in like 15 seconds

Is there any point in the game where this much healing would even be useful?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

really

lovely

tanks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Its basically pointing out that you can heal a single target through anything even while out of mana.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

Seems to me like max size pulls in dungeons, especially new ones, need that much healing. Oh lord healing that first stretch of Bardam's on WHM just looks positively rear end puckering.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

non-raiders: when you have a exdr tank that got the "do big pulls" memo but not the "maybe hit a cooldown" memo, and is now tanking the entire second half of doma castle

raiders: when you're at 400 mp because you just spent the last 30 seconds chain raising and lucid dreaming still has 40 seconds left on the cooldown--noct AST completely shuts down at that point, but a capable scholar can still keep the raid up

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wonder how people are having such bad luck with getting their Omega items. I've been doing Omega 100% with pubbies all 3 weeks and I've never had to do a boss more than twice any of the weeks and I've always gone after a specific item per boss. The "pass on everything but the item you want to remove people from the loot pool" strategy works fairly well.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Ive only every had to rerun a boss once, but I havent been too picky either.

Got the belt, boots, pants, helm, and 2 right side.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder how people are having such bad luck with getting their Omega items. I've been doing Omega 100% with pubbies all 3 weeks and I've never had to do a boss more than twice any of the weeks and I've always gone after a specific item per boss. The "pass on everything but the item you want to remove people from the loot pool" strategy works fairly well.

Have you had any trouble with other people following the same strategy and the loot going to timer?

It's definitely not something that works if everybody does it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Guess I'll get Ixion next time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

m.hache posted:

Guess I'll get Ixion next time.

See this fixes things, because

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

See this fixes things, because

Because people who don't need Ixion can still go to the Lochs.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Are there any current guides for setting up ACT? What plugins/settings to use etc to make sure things are parsed correctly?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ryanbomber posted:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Ninja feels loving great to play though, especially for a melee class. Except Shukuchi, I still can't use that very well. :(

I find the trick is to have it tied to a macro that skips the aiming part of the power. Mine either moves you to your target, or to a target you're moused over but people probably have their own preferred variations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ryanbomber posted:

I consider 'limiting the problem' and fixes to be different things.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just want groups to get all sent to the same instance because doing maps is annoying right now because of it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I find the trick is to have it tied to a macro that skips the aiming part of the power. Mine either moves you to your target, or to a target you're moused over but people probably have their own preferred variations.

Yeah I've been using a <t> macro but it has proven less than ideal, especially with bigger enemies; Shukuchi <t> wants to take you to the target's center, so you could be like two steps from melee range before Shukuchi will go for some of the really big customers.

I might try <mo> though. I got really used to doing that for Aetherial Manipulation back in the day, maybe it'll apply here as long as I'm not the first party member back into the fray after an AOE or whatever.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I do not like Royal Menagerie at all. I know that is an unpopular opinion round these parts but I can not be convinced otherwise.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

really

lovely

tanks

Reiterpallasch posted:

non-raiders: when you have a exdr tank that got the "do big pulls" memo but not the "maybe hit a cooldown" memo, and is now tanking the entire second half of doma castle

raiders: when you're at 400 mp because you just spent the last 30 seconds chain raising and lucid dreaming still has 40 seconds left on the cooldown--noct AST completely shuts down at that point, but a capable scholar can still keep the raid up

I have the worst migraine now, a drk pulled the first 2 groups after getting off the ship in sirensong. Apparently one of those mobs acts like the first boss of sastasha hard and does tail screw??? and he got creamed instantly the second I hit my first miasma. Thought something was fishy cuz i'm ilvl 257, not that far undergeared. Through the whole dungeon the dude never used a tank CD except a rampart twice.

I did get to play with dissipate and lustrate a bunch, practiced the advice in here from earlier to not blow adlos on everything although I did use succor too much in boss AOEs a few times before remembering I had emergency tactics.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

Not sure if someone posted a video of it yet, but Omega V4S's transition, man. This poo poo is hype.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousSmoggyPorcupineKreygasm?tt_medium=clips_embed&tt_content=player_title

So do you think it will continue with FFV and go into the other Superbosses like that Void Necromancer from the remakes, go into other FF game villains in general or just the games that Omega appeared in?

If they were going to stick with V throughout I don't think they'd have used Exdeath so early.

Personally I'm hoping for an VIII themed Omega segment. Edea (or possibly Seifer), Adel, Griever and Ultimecia seem like they'd make good raid bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

If only everyone could be as skilled at rng drops won via rng rolls and posting as you are.

Jinh posted:

I have the worst migraine now, a drk pulled the first 2 groups after getting off the ship in sirensong. Apparently one of those mobs acts like the first boss of sastasha hard and does tail screw??? and he got creamed instantly the second I hit my first miasma. Thought something was fishy cuz i'm ilvl 257, not that far undergeared. Through the whole dungeon the dude never used a tank CD except a rampart twice.

I did get to play with dissipate and lustrate a bunch, practiced the advice in here from earlier to not blow adlos on everything although I did use succor too much in boss AOEs a few times before remembering I had emergency tactics.

The tail screw on that mob is a normal damage aoe circle, not the boss ability. It just shares a name.

More than zero succors is probably too much in the leveling dungeons when you have one of indom and whispering dawn every thirty seconds. Either people are eating extra damage or you're healing people to full when you could have let the fairy do it.

nuru fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 20, 2017