Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How did posts about a video game updates end up here in like five posts :lol:

quote:

What a stupid response. So if he goes to hospital to have his appendix removed, but the surgeon chops off his leg instead, then according to your (lack of) logic, he shouldn't complain if he himself can't remove an appendix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

And I thought GBS was bad.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUjFqoIYyTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rbMeZZF0p4

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Been playing the Titanfall 2 demo. This thing is pretty drat cool, might buy the whole thing. Is the campaign worth playing or is it one of those multiplayer focused games with a vestigial single player mode?

I enjoyed TF2's campaign more than any campaign since...I can't even remember.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Yeah nthing this. Tf2 owned like gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Godholio posted:

This sounds promising.

I'm greatly enjoying turning people into aerosolized puffs of blood with that energy SMG. That's some District 9 level weaponry :xd:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a really loving cool level a little later in the single player. You'll know it when you see it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

There's a really loving cool level a little later in the single player. You'll know it when you see it.

You talking about the crazy as gently caress time hopping level? that poo poo owned

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also I'm siting in my car and turn up the radio just came on. Brayko forever

https://youtu.be/WhOTRug0U1E

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Origin is such a piece of poo poo. Tells me I have updates for Battlefield 1 and TF2 but it won't install the updates or allow me to queue them. Restarting the app and my computer didn't fix it either.

Looks like I get to do a clean install.

EDIT: never mind, repairing did the trick. Still, Origin sucks and I wish they'd keep their stuff on Steam.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 20, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Scorch is getting a buff on the Frontier Defense update.

:getin:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Tbh he needs it and I'm totally fine. He was more than viable in the right map with a decent pilot (read: not me) Hopefully less Ronin's at any rate

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Handsome Ralph posted:

Origin is such a piece of poo poo. Tells me I have updates for Battlefield 1 and TF2 but it won't install the updates or allow me to queue them. Restarting the app and my computer didn't fix it either.

Looks like I get to do a clean install.

EDIT: never mind, repairing did the trick. Still, Origin sucks and I wish they'd keep their stuff on Steam.

This post makes me so sad because I'm old enough to remember when Origin and its eccentric nerd sovereign Richard "Lord British" Garriott were making the Ultima and Wing Commander series. Then EA buys the company and...welp.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmao that dude long since cashed out and paid 30 million to go to space

-edit no really. Apparently he's the sixth citizen to do as such

Shockules
May 2, 2017
It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that TF2 did not mean Team Fortress 2.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Shockules posted:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that TF2 did not mean Team Fortress 2.

It actually refers to my replacement

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lmao that dude long since cashed out and paid 30 million to go to space

-edit no really. Apparently he's the sixth citizen to do as such

The funniest part is the Korean company that published his Sci-Fi MMO took advantage of him being in orbit to coup him and take control of his game since what could he do, he was in loving space.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nine of Eight posted:

The funniest part is the Korean company that published his Sci-Fi MMO took advantage of him being in orbit to coup him and take control of his game since what could he do, he was in loving space.

Yeah but it tanked in what, six months? Jokes on them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nine of Eight posted:

When was this? I remember he announced he'd be making a new MMO like/better than UO. Was that it?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Most likely Tabula Rasa, which came out around 2007-2008ish, and to no one's great surprise it flopped almost immediately after the Lord British hype train ran out of steam. Probably the first and last time you'll ever hear about that game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
That game was good for the amount of time the free trial lasted. I made the mistake of going 'hey this is ok' and buying it when my time ran out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shockules posted:

titanfall is one word so it should be t2, like terminator 2

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buca di Bepis posted:

battlefield is one word so it should be b2, like the plane

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Two Finger posted:

Also I'm siting in my car and turn up the radio just came on. Brayko forever

https://youtu.be/WhOTRug0U1E
gently caress yes, that game rules.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

grabbed puyo puyo tetris since its disc only for ps4

its good

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Which one of you suckers getting Destiny 2

Fool me once...

I'll get it in a year or two when it's an actual full game cause it includes a ton of DLC and is $40

I paid like $130+ over the course of that game just for the DLC

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A reminder that we are going to try get a sins of a solar empire murdertrain going this weekend

GET KEEN

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Most likely Tabula Rasa, which came out around 2007-2008ish, and to no one's great surprise it flopped almost immediately after the Lord British hype train ran out of steam. Probably the first and last time you'll ever hear about that game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuMHH5CxRj0

I'm a huge MMO nerd and no one I knew played it. It didn't last long at all which is honestly a shame since it looks like a mass effect/destiny MMO thing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I loved Tabula Rasa in the beta, until the "pre-retail" patch hit and radically changed game mechanics and the entire flow of the game. It went from a fun shooty MMO to this horrible grindfest with everything fun watered down or nerfed to oblivion. Like a completely different game overnight.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Two Finger posted:

A reminder that we are going to try get a sins of a solar empire murdertrain going this weekend

GET KEEN
Which version?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Two Finger posted:

GET KEEN

Count me out.

Sins of a Solar Empire No
DEFCON Definitely Maybe

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Naked Bear posted:

Which version?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I loved Tabula Rasa in the beta, until the "pre-retail" patch hit and radically changed game mechanics and the entire flow of the game. It went from a fun shooty MMO to this horrible grindfest with everything fun watered down or nerfed to oblivion. Like a completely different game overnight.

Nine of Eight posted:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Naked Bear posted:

Which version?

Rebellion, I believe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rebellion is what we played last time yeah. But we could play any of the versions.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I bought Titanfall 2 after playing through the demo a couple of times. It's been many years since I had this much fun with an FPS. This feels like I'm 50% John Wick and 50% that mech suit from District 9.

Yay for companies that are confident enough to still make game demos I guess.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:homebrew:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
where did you get that info

i wanna know

wait maybe i dont wanna know

i wanna know