Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I think I'll take this opportunity to let everyone know that The Slow Motion Train Wreck that is our X-Com 2 campaign is about to go live again. A quick recap of the current situation for any commandos who are late to the party:
  • We've lost a few rookies, but so far casualties have been pretty minimal.
  • Kosumo bit the dust in our last mission for the night. I don't remember what happened, but it was probably very heroic.
  • If you believe the stories, I might have a potential future as a fetish cam whore.

So, Commander "40z" Meridian left us with quite the mess. It's now up to me, Commander "Sober" Meridian to pick up the pieces and lead our rag tag group to victory. Kosumo, you may be lost, but you'll never be forgotten. Whoever bought me this avatar, it's hilarious but I hate you. Come hang out!

Answer the Call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:yikes:

Nerds getting all lusty and sexting in general = :barf:

Wish I hadn't read the chat log though, kinda feel a bit wrong for reading it right through. :(

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

It's fine. The problem with semi-related personal "drama" posts is they tend to start a weird shame spiral for the thread where posters go digging into peoples' personal lives and stuff, and it basically just ends with everyone here covered in poo poo. I guess where I'm sitting here is if it were me I'd probably remove the link to the imgur album and /refunds post - anybody who wants to find it still will, I'm sure - but I can also see why it's semi-related, even if it doesn't really offer up any shocking revelations about CIG staff.

e: I think you did the right thing. Thanks, buddy.

already did that before your post, please feel free to r replace everything with the "i am a giant idiot" picture, it fits, newbie mistake on my end

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 23, 2017

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

it basically just ends with everyone here covered in poo poo.

Spoiler Alert!

Sigh, now i know how SC ends.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Combat Theory posted:

edit: deleted the original Post in question to avoid any further controversy

:gary:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Uh, two articles came out saying the game is great and real with no actual evidence. Multiple delays announced, no real gameplay has been shown. Basically just keeping on. Beet perfectly predicted that their next sale would be a stealth truck with combat capabilities, based solely on the name "Tumbril," which was pretty amazing.

Ah, the well known CIG holding pattern. Looking forward to some heavily scripted demo at a trade show and a promise of an update in 2 weeks that'll arrive 3 weeks late and have one of 17 promised features.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Combat Theory posted:

Star Citizen community was rather strongly divided between PvP players and anti PvPers (i purposley dont say PvE since the discussion wasnt about "whats cooler" but rather about outright banning or otherwise disallowing actions of player versus player content outside of Arena Commander)

that siege mentality over the years lead to the pro/active PVP vommunity quietly segregating from the rest.

But don't they know Chris is building a PVP slider that will allow both sides to play in harmony?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

MilesK posted:

But don't they know Chris is building a PVP slider that will allow both sides to play in harmony?

hahaha yes i remember that one... we used to call it "Schrödingers Slider" because depending on which CIG guy you asked it either existed or it didnt.

My suggestion always was to just implement a random slider in a menu with the label "PVP Slider" that has no function whatsoever. it would actually do the best Job.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

The one thing we should have learned by now is that time and Star Citizen makes fools of us all. The SC faithful have been so sure that total success is just around the corner for so long. And the SC skeptics have been so sure that total collapse has been just around the corner for so long. And everyone has been wrong.

Star Citizen continues to defy expectations in all directions. It lumbers along blatantly defying the laws of physics, finances, and project management and it just can't die. But it can't live either. And everyone involved, with each passing month, finds themselves thinking "surely it can't continue". Surely they have to release something. Surely there has to be progress. Surely they'll have to come clean. Surely it can't go on like this. But it goes on.

This is purgatory. We are caught in purgatory--in the limbo between dreams and disaster. The people who have forgotten Star Citizen are the only ones who are free. We who choose to watch this slow collapse are just as trapped as those who hope they are watching a slow assembly. Time has no meaning here for us. We repeat actions and complaints and sick burns and pizza fights endlessly. We will do this for eternity. All of us, together, in these grey stimperial wastes.

Just to clarify what i mean; on the schedule, each individual task (e.g. 'Entity owner manager' or 'inventory system support') keeps getting delayed, but the overall dates for evocati/ptu remain unchanged. This leads me to believe that it will all be thrown 'out the door' as soon as the last task is complete with minimal evocati/ptu testing as soon as the last task is done and the whole patch will be a broken mess just like 2.3.2 was earlier this year. I don't think they they're going to push back the release date later than gamescom because i don't think even CR is shameless enough to walk on stage after the utter disaster that 3.0's dev cycle has been with a straight face, shrug his shoulders and say "welp, it's still not done!".

Hence my prediction: last minute broken 3.0 shat out just before gamescom, CR inexplicably proud, fans lap it up and ask for more, this thread continues to laugh at them.

Also apologies for my lovely grammar/typing, i'm currently bed-bound on heavy painkillers for 2 weeks in recovery from not-minor surgery with nothing but an ipad (and it's unfamiliar virtual keyboard) to type with. :(

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Announcing the Tumbril 2.

(Low effort, drunk post while eating pizza without pineapple and watching Meridians stream)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 23, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

I dont really see any sexual harassment just two nerds grossly sexting but thanks im all hot and bothered. maybe im reading wrong tho

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Also wasn't WTFOSAURUS meant to be a pick-up artist/MRA/generally a piece of poo poo human being?
Edit: ^^^^^ lol what are the odds?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sabreseven posted:

:yikes:

Nerds getting all lusty and sexting in general = :barf:

Wish I hadn't read the chat log though, kinda feel a bit wrong for reading it right through. :(

Was it worse than accelerwraith's? Probably not if both parties were ok with it.

Latin Pheonix posted:

Also wasn't WTFOSAURUS meant to be a pick-up artist/MRA/generally a piece of poo poo human being?
Edit: ^^^^^ lol what are the odds?

Yeah, he has/had a company (that you can find pretty easily with google) with a bunch of disturbing pervert stuff on it. Also some pretty disturbing reviews too. He's got an entry on our drama page.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/887861574672629762

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 23, 2017

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Ben Lesnick, Developer, Negotiator, Space Hero

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Combat Theory posted:

This goes right along side of the stimpire.txt

NSFW reading obviously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WhatTheFanfic/duplicates/3qkgna/the_flight_of_the_javelin_star_citizens_fanfiction/

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Pull up thread PULL UP

says page not found there

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Combat Theory posted:

You forgot "Christ Roberts, Historian."

And "Director of Spaceships."

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Kromlech posted:

Pull up thread PULL UP
says page not found there

worked for me.... sadly....

ill have some eyebleach with this single malt please.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Was it worse than accelerwraith's? Probably not if both parties were ok with it.

Yeah, he has/had a company (that you can find pretty easily with google) with a bunch of disturbing pervert stuff on it. Also some pretty disturbing reviews too. He's got an entry on our drama page.

It was just yuk, but without the sleazy 'behind someones back/undersexed prepubescent male' type of stuff.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Megabound posted:

Anything new since the loan?

I figured out how to make AFAC/spotting-for-AI mission in DCS.

It's almost as difficult as making a working door in CryEngine (since AI units have exactly zero need for, absolutely do not care about AFAC or buddy spotting), which is probably why I succeeded in doing that, whereas doors in SC are still broken.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Tippis have you seen the Design Document that Heatblur released for the AIM-54 today? Pretty impressive stuff (of course nothing compared to CIGs open development)

http://media.heatblur.se/AIM-54.pdf

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Combat Theory posted:

Tippis have you seen the Design Document that Heatblur released for the AIM-54 today? Pretty impressive stuff (of course nothing compared to CIGs open development)

No.

:gizz:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

I finally catch up to the thread again and this is the last post I see, I guess I deserve this.

Also a belated welcome back to Gorf.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

A belated welcome to you as well friend, pull up a chair and enjoy our wonderful SC ARG.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/888585097317818368

It definitely punches above its weight and I look forward to being able to purchase the refactored SC version for $300.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Amazing Zimmo posted:

It definitely punches above its weight and I look forward to being able to purchase the refactored SC version for $300.

I like how nobody sees this as a huge problem, since the last time the guy promising the loving matrix was popular games were 1,000,000 times less advanced.

"Don't worry, in terms of modern technology these are cave paintings being discovered but this means that the transition to humanity's finest advancement in technology since the transistor is at hand. Chris Roberts can tell us all about how his experience informed literal magical science fiction technology ingeniously waiting until he had received an unspecified amount of money at his nobel prize acceptance ceremony for single handedly creating the singularity with the promised complexity of his video game project"

*frantically throwing money*

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 23, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I know we're trying to keep the thread high brow and poo poo but I found a clip of Titanic going down in a bathroom after a little crack
Obviously :nws:

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 23, 2017

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/888164239440887812

Shops in game.... never have I seen such a thing. Oh and look, the shops are generic machines like ATM's.... I've never seen that before like ever.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Thoatse posted:

I know we're trying to keep the thread high brow and poo poo but I found a clip of Titanic going down in a bathroom after a little crack

I know you tagged it :nws: but I was just fired from 7 jobs.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Amazing Zimmo posted:

A belated welcome to you as well friend, pull up a chair and enjoy our wonderful SC ARG.

Thanks! i have already posted stupid stuff on day 2 though :negative: . Funny enough, after all the campfire stories citizens tell themselves about the spooky goons, this place is very welcoming it seems.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Thoatse posted:

mods?

catte taxx

Gradis fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 23, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Those little bubbles out of the rear end end as she goes down is total class

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/888477677522255872

Can anyone explain to me what this has to do with cargo? or anything for that matter?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Can anyone explain to me what this has to do with cargo? or anything for that matter?

It looks like a drunk Wall-E stumbling out of his domicile.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Amazing Zimmo posted:

You mean when you're playing a space sim you don't go on a drunken rampage through the galaxy with your best friend Cratey?

Update: That Crate crashed the ship. He's a loose cannon.

Crazypoops fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 23, 2017

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Amazing Zimmo posted:

See the bouncing part at the bottom that's usually your helmet? Now it's a box you're carrying.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Had an excellent session of XCOM 2 with the Goon Squad tonight. Thanks to everyone who came in to hang out and give advice. The more I play the more I'm thinking it's inappropriate to keep making GBS threads up this thread with links to my twitch channel so I'll probably migrate any announcements about it over to a thread in the LP forum. I do want to say that I really appreciate everyone coming to hang out because it makes it a lot more fun for me. Good work commandos!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Meridian posted:

Had an excellent session of XCOM 2 with the Goon Squad tonight. Thanks to everyone who came in to hang out and give advice. The more I play the more I'm thinking it's inappropriate to keep making GBS threads up this thread with links to my twitch channel so I'll probably migrate any announcements about it over to a thread in the LP forum. I do want to say that I really appreciate everyone coming to hang out because it makes it a lot more fun for me. Good work commandos!

Theres a thread for streaming games, or make an actual LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Space Bulldozer V1