Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

whenever i see a ranger dashing around like a spaz i pray to the pearl gods that they will flag on me so i can chop a hater up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Savage For The Winjun posted:

whenever i see a ranger dashing around like a spaz i pray to the pearl gods that they will flag on me so i can chop a hater up

It's pretty funny when someone with garbage tier gear flags on you because you're in a leveling spot with your pre-geared alt and you don't even notice their attacks at first.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
This is without question way more game than anyone deserves for :tenbux:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah its actually loving ridiculous

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Flavor Truck posted:

Yeah, the grind is starting to get to me as I approach awakening (and I'm well aware that it only gets worse from there), but I'm still shocked by just how massive this game is. Even lifeskilling scratches that lizard-brain need to see bars fill up.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Flavor Truck posted:

I picked this up to tool around because I heard funny things about trade networks and how this game has a lot of depth, but where I was expecting an olympic swimming pool I'm getting lake michigan. It's almost too much game to handle.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Simple enough, thanks!

No point in getting DP, just gonna get insta killed by bosses anyways?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Ineptitude posted:

Simple enough, thanks!

No point in getting DP, just gonna get insta killed by bosses anyways?

DP lets you get greedier on doing damage and survive autoattacks. ~200dp will let you take 2-3 hits from most bosses unless it's their oneshot.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Jesus Christ, I get the feeling some fuckers staged this just to trigger the poo poo out of me.

inb4 no one has proof and my numbers don't represent a significant enough sample size etc etc.

Drop quality is impacted by your "contribution."

What constitutes contribution? Damage and not dying for certain. Holding agro (on the times I went on my Valk) has helped in getting loot too but I never tried tanking any boss besides Mudster and he was never a very popular boss to begin with.
Damage, healing, agro, 1st hit seem to be fairly accepted things to gain contribution.
My theory on dying is that you lose a % of your current contribution level up on dying. I've noticed that if I died right off the bat to something dumb, I've still gotten in on the good tiers (more on this later) than if I died at like half way through the fight.

Top 40/80 contribution get loot on boss (depending if it is categorized as field/world). It's not loving RNG.
Don't believe me? Wait until 15% every single time before you start hitting the boss and see if you get loot. The only time you will get loot is if there was only 30 people so everyone who shows up gets a drop.
If 50 people showed up then 10 aren't getting loot. The guy who showed up right at the start with 200AP is going to get loot. The guy with 80AP showing up at 25% isn't.

How much contribution you do is reflected in the number of Hunter Seals you get.
7 is the max, 1 is the minimum.
The next part is purely speculation on my part but I have a pretty high confidence that it is the case.
Your contribution tier is the multiplier you get on your drop chances.

If you get 7 seals, the vast majority of the time you will also get a bunch of black stones, a couple of gold bars and a few crystals.
When you get 1 seal, the vast majority of the time you get just one of those or nothing else at all.
When you score in the middle like 3 seals, you get a few black stones or a crystal usually.

This suggests to me that it's something like 10% * contribution tier (1-7) roll on each "item"
So I got 7 seals and it gives me a 70% chance to get black stones, 70% chance for gold bars, 70% chance to get crystals (each rolled separately)
1 seal = 10% chance on each roll.

Boss unique drops are much harder to gauge but I feel follow a similar system just with much smaller multipliers. 1% chance to get it at 1 seal and .5% chance improvement per contribution level or something.
People with bad gear/levels will show up and have won this stuff because RNG. The majority of the time, it's the people who got good gear and do more damage that get the better drops.

What the exact %s are, I'm not sure, but if you run enough bosses and look at your drops relative to your hunter seal #. My theory will aligns with the results.

No one has the exact info since none of this is released and it's impossible to gauge who did what because this game is so vague and mechanics so obscure.
If you elect not to believe this, that's fine, get your own data and prove otherwise.
This has been the result of running bosses for thousands of kills across my alts.

As for gear/level. It all depends on your ability to invest in it. 55 should be the minimum because of the HP passives. Getting 2k HP and good DP helps survivability (which in turn helps you not die).
Witch and Wiz are the best classes because of their self sustain and long range. I personally think Witch is better because of awakening block if lvled to 56+.
The more you can invest into your boss alts, the better rewards you'll get in loot and returns on your investment.
I park an alt at the bridge south of WGC to fight Bheg, Tree, Karanda with 178/228 2.3k HP lvl 55 witch. I have another alt at Kzarka with 150+/220+ lvl 55 2.1k HP.

My first alt generally will get 7 seals on Tree/Bheg but not on Karanda. Kzarka alt varies a lot depending on how many people are showing up.

Goons primarily play on Serendia 4. It is generally above average for the TTK on bosses. From there, jump to one of the slower kills and you can get 2 kills.
Protip on gauging the turn out: If TTK looks like it will be under 10 minutes, it's an above average kill time for non peak. TTK during peak times is around 7 mins on the popular bosses (Bheg/Tree/Kzarka, Karanda takes a tiny bit longer generally).
15 min TTK during nonpeak isn't unusual. The damage will always start slow but ramps up fast as the first responders will get to chunk away at it for a minute or two before everybody shows up at around minute 3. If it's already 75% at the start of the 3rd minute, it will be a fast kill. A 10min TTK should still be like 85% at that point.
If you show up and you don't have the best gear, and the TTK is going very fast, just channel change to a slower kill channel and you'll have a better shot than staying on a fast kill where you get pushed out of the loot table because you can't do enough damage.

Deception
Nov 6, 2004
Your an idiot
My an idiot

TVDinna posted:

Jesus Christ, I get the feeling some fuckers staged this just to trigger the poo poo out of me.

inb4 no one has proof and my numbers don't represent a significant enough sample size etc etc.

Drop quality is impacted by your "contribution."

What constitutes contribution? Damage and not dying for certain. Holding agro (on the times I went on my Valk) has helped in getting loot too but I never tried tanking any boss besides Mudster and he was never a very popular boss to begin with.
Damage, healing, agro, 1st hit seem to be fairly accepted things to gain contribution.
My theory on dying is that you lose a % of your current contribution level up on dying. I've noticed that if I died right off the bat to something dumb, I've still gotten in on the good tiers (more on this later) than if I died at like half way through the fight.

Top 40/80 contribution get loot on boss (depending if it is categorized as field/world). It's not loving RNG.
Don't believe me? Wait until 15% every single time before you start hitting the boss and see if you get loot. The only time you will get loot is if there was only 30 people so everyone who shows up gets a drop.
If 50 people showed up then 10 aren't getting loot. The guy who showed up right at the start with 200AP is going to get loot. The guy with 80AP showing up at 25% isn't.

How much contribution you do is reflected in the number of Hunter Seals you get.
7 is the max, 1 is the minimum.
The next part is purely speculation on my part but I have a pretty high confidence that it is the case.
Your contribution tier is the multiplier you get on your drop chances.

If you get 7 seals, the vast majority of the time you will also get a bunch of black stones, a couple of gold bars and a few crystals.
When you get 1 seal, the vast majority of the time you get just one of those or nothing else at all.
When you score in the middle like 3 seals, you get a few black stones or a crystal usually.

This suggests to me that it's something like 10% * contribution tier (1-7) roll on each "item"
So I got 7 seals and it gives me a 70% chance to get black stones, 70% chance for gold bars, 70% chance to get crystals (each rolled separately)
1 seal = 10% chance on each roll.

Boss unique drops are much harder to gauge but I feel follow a similar system just with much smaller multipliers. 1% chance to get it at 1 seal and .5% chance improvement per contribution level or something.
People with bad gear/levels will show up and have won this stuff because RNG. The majority of the time, it's the people who got good gear and do more damage that get the better drops.

What the exact %s are, I'm not sure, but if you run enough bosses and look at your drops relative to your hunter seal #. My theory will aligns with the results.

No one has the exact info since none of this is released and it's impossible to gauge who did what because this game is so vague and mechanics so obscure.
If you elect not to believe this, that's fine, get your own data and prove otherwise.
This has been the result of running bosses for thousands of kills across my alts.

As for gear/level. It all depends on your ability to invest in it. 55 should be the minimum because of the HP passives. Getting 2k HP and good DP helps survivability (which in turn helps you not die).
Witch and Wiz are the best classes because of their self sustain and long range. I personally think Witch is better because of awakening block if lvled to 56+.
The more you can invest into your boss alts, the better rewards you'll get in loot and returns on your investment.
I park an alt at the bridge south of WGC to fight Bheg, Tree, Karanda with 178/228 2.3k HP lvl 55 witch. I have another alt at Kzarka with 150+/220+ lvl 55 2.1k HP.

My first alt generally will get 7 seals on Tree/Bheg but not on Karanda. Kzarka alt varies a lot depending on how many people are showing up.

Goons primarily play on Serendia 4. It is generally above average for the TTK on bosses. From there, jump to one of the slower kills and you can get 2 kills.
Protip on gauging the turn out: If TTK looks like it will be under 10 minutes, it's an above average kill time for non peak. TTK during peak times is around 7 mins on the popular bosses (Bheg/Tree/Kzarka, Karanda takes a tiny bit longer generally).
15 min TTK during nonpeak isn't unusual. The damage will always start slow but ramps up fast as the first responders will get to chunk away at it for a minute or two before everybody shows up at around minute 3. If it's already 75% at the start of the 3rd minute, it will be a fast kill. A 10min TTK should still be like 85% at that point.
If you show up and you don't have the best gear, and the TTK is going very fast, just channel change to a slower kill channel and you'll have a better shot than staying on a fast kill where you get pushed out of the loot table because you can't do enough damage.

TL;DR Sacrificing AFK fishers to the sea of Ross leads to better drops. I know because data.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

The # of seals is not tied directly to good rewards, nor is it tied directly to "contribution." There is *some* correlation between "contribution" and loot, but it is not nearly as direct as tvdeezy would like you to think.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I've been playing this game for two weeks and have yet to see a desert, much less a black one. Feeling taken advantage of tbh

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Flavor Truck posted:

I've been playing this game for two weeks and have yet to see a desert, much less a black one. Feeling taken advantage of tbh

The real black desert was the friends we made along the way.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's more of a yellow desert tbh

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

It's more of a yellow desert tbh

a piss desert

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Flavor Truck posted:

Translation error. Should be black dessert. The spirit is made of gelato

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So i went out for dinner and when i returned BDO was not running (and no error message or anything) and Firefox has crashed.

Now Firefox immediately crashes upon startup and BDO crashes during the Kakao flash screen while starting. All other apps works just fine.

Some sort of hardware error?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

So i went out for dinner and when i returned BDO was not running (and no error message or anything) and Firefox has crashed.

Now Firefox immediately crashes upon startup and BDO crashes during the Kakao flash screen while starting. All other apps works just fine.

Some sort of hardware error?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Devor posted:

Translation error. Should be black dessert. The spirit is made of gelato

Your ongoing quest is to obtain more scoops until you're full of regrets.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
In terms of lore talk, apparently the desert was the original source for the black stone stuff, thus Black Desert I guess.
Anything further was indecipherable through my run through the valencia questline, like most of this game.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Guess i deserved that. (but yes i did)

After the first reboot Firefox would instantly crash and display the crash report window, while BDO wouldn't boot.
After the second reboot Firefox doesn't start at all, it is as if it is not installed. BDO starts but gives an file corruption error during the splash screen.
There are no memory errors on my RAM sticks.

Welp.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Guess i deserved that. (but yes i did)

After the first reboot Firefox would instantly crash and display the crash report window, while BDO wouldn't boot.
After the second reboot Firefox doesn't start at all, it is as if it is not installed. BDO starts but gives an file corruption error during the splash screen.
There are no memory errors on my RAM sticks.

Welp.

Manually update every driver you have by having windows check for newer versions in the control panel. Start with your USB controllers and work out from there. This will take some time but you'll be surprised how many might be out of date.

Clean install new graphics drivers too.

Oh, remove any external devices that aren't keyboard/mouse because you never know if one of those aren't loving you up either. Test and adjust until you get stable again.

(especially external USB hubs in case one went bad)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 24, 2017

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

So I having worked through my gaming backlog I decided to redownload this game. I have a lvl 50 (I think) wizzard and that's about it. What should I be working towards atm?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Astroniomix posted:

So I having worked through my gaming backlog I decided to redownload this game. I have a lvl 50 (I think) wizzard and that's about it. What should I be working towards atm?

This guide is pretty good as far as gear recommendations go.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

J posted:

This guide is pretty good as far as gear recommendations go.

There's a comment referencing a worker exploit. Apparently the time spent working is/was calculated client-side, so you could dupe the game by manipulating the windows clock? Lol. Some further googling led me to a thread where people are butthurt kakao won't ban the dudes. Cool company.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mike12345 posted:

There's a comment referencing a worker exploit. Apparently the time spent working is/was calculated client-side, so you could dupe the game by manipulating the windows clock? Lol. Some further googling led me to a thread where people are butthurt kakao won't ban the dudes. Cool company.

Oh they ban people. Just not the popular streamers.

Or rather they ban then reverse the streamers because whoopsie streamers generate revenue.

J
Jun 10, 2001

mike12345 posted:

There was one exploit like that yeah where you dicked around with your system clock to get more work cycles in. There was a 2nd exploit that came to light recently that somehow involved being able to have multiple workers on the same node. A popular streamer a while ago got banned when one of these exploits first came to light, claimed it was a false positive and pitched a fit. He got unbanned. Then very recently he was streaming and managing his workers and it was very obvious he was exploiting the multiple workers on 1 node bug and had been for a long time. He got a 3 day ban for that one. I bet he would have gotten away with it had he just been more cautious while on stream.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

J posted:

Then very recently he was streaming and managing his workers and it was very obvious he was exploiting the multiple workers on 1 node bug and had been for a long time. He got a 3 day ban for that one. I bet he would have gotten away with it had he just been more cautious while on stream.

I mean that or it was accidental and he is one of the shittiest worker managers in existence despite having some of the most popular worker guides on youtube. Both of these seem likely to me because blade does not strike me as very good at the game. People are like how can you be good at the game and make 3b in a month? Turns out when you stream full time and play the game 10 hours a day, it's not hard to make 100mil/day. Not to mention, he had a "challenge" to do something like that in a month with the caveat that he had a shitload of crates saved up. Crates sell for far more than the "marketplace value" in the storage

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

I mean that or it was accidental and he is one of the shittiest worker managers in existence despite having some of the most popular worker guides on youtube. Both of these seem likely to me because blade does not strike me as very good at the game. People are like how can you be good at the game and make 3b in a month? Turns out when you stream full time and play the game 10 hours a day, it's not hard to make 100mil/day. Not to mention, he had a "challenge" to do something like that in a month with the caveat that he had a shitload of crates saved up. Crates sell for far more than the "marketplace value" in the storage

a dev confirmed that it's impossible to have more than one worker on a node on accident, so nope, dude's just stupid af.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

a dev confirmed that it's impossible to have more than one worker on a node on accident, so nope, dude's just stupid af.

The gms have no loving clue what they're doing. I'd take everything they say with a mountain of salt.

The guy is stupid either way

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
updated the OP quite a bit over the past 3 week summer break but it needs a new title, so throw 'em at me boys

Black Dessert: The Fisherman's Fury

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Welp. I had fun playing while I could. It's completely borked and wont let me play anymore and support wont respond to me after their first suggestion for a fix didn't work.

It's showed me a message saying "Steam Authentication Ticket delivery failed". It also frequently displays all servers as (Barred) with a countdown queue. Waiting for the countdown to finish to try and connect does not work and simply disconnects me and closes the game. It's also displayed the message "The account authentication key is invalid" before disconnecting me and closing the game. It tells me "connection with the server has been lost" before completely closing to desktop.

I've tried:
-Deleting the cache folders in documents and the game root.
-Verifying the Integrity of Game Files on steam.
-Flushing dns using cmd.
-Resetting my router and modem.
-Checking cable connections.
-Restarting my computer.

Wish I hadn't dropped a little money on the pearl shop now.

lewtt posted:

updated the OP quite a bit over the past 3 week summer break but it needs a new title, so throw 'em at me boys

Black Desert: TRIed and failed, want a DUOver

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 26, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Probably an issue with the protection software. See if Xigncode have a standalone patch.

Not an uncommon issue with games that use 3rd party anti-hack stuff.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Ran into this problem too running in administrative mode seems to fix my issue.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

IBentMyWookie posted:

Ran into this problem too running in administrative mode seems to fix my issue.

the non-steam launcher does this by default, I think

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Apparently it was because my router was dying and BDO was the only game that was affected.

Zach the Drifter
Jul 16, 2006
Hello there BDO goons. I came back to this game about a month ago. Turns out I like it a lot more now than at Launch. At launch, I gave far too much of my life to the guild 'support'. I love the people, but I'm looking to find a guild that will require dramatically less of my time.
I'm on the hunt for a guild that focuses on the small T1/T2 nodes. I'm okay with a 59 or 60 level commitment, but I don't think I'm pushing for 61. I snooped at Parks and Rec in the rankings, and they don't currently own any nodes? Do they fight for T1/T2 nodes? Are there any other guilds for us 30 something, working class people?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Zach the Drifter posted:

Hello there BDO goons. I came back to this game about a month ago. Turns out I like it a lot more now than at Launch. At launch, I gave far too much of my life to the guild 'support'. I love the people, but I'm looking to find a guild that will require dramatically less of my time.
I'm on the hunt for a guild that focuses on the small T1/T2 nodes. I'm okay with a 59 or 60 level commitment, but I don't think I'm pushing for 61. I snooped at Parks and Rec in the rankings, and they don't currently own any nodes? Do they fight for T1/T2 nodes? Are there any other guilds for us 30 something, working class people?

We don't do nodes because most of us are super casual scrubs, and like 4-5 of us even have the gear to think about node wars. That and I'd only be free for one day a week since siege takes one of the weekend slots

Zach the Drifter
Jul 16, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

We don't do nodes because most of us are super casual scrubs, and like 4-5 of us even have the gear to think about node wars. That and I'd only be free for one day a week since siege takes one of the weekend slots

Thanks for the update gwrtheyrn! I love GS, but I really want to get into node PvP once or twice a week. Do we have any sister guilds for those around 400 GS / Level 59?

Zach the Drifter fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Zach the Drifter posted:

Thanks for the update gwrtheyrn! I love GS, but I really want to get into node PvP once or twice a week. Do we have any sister guilds for those around 400 GS / Level 59?

If filenotfound is around he was in a node guild I think. 400 is on the low end though