Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
gently caress yeah that battle looks baller. I'm painting more Fists tonight, then working on some shattered Legion Ultrabros for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Paul Atreides in da houseeeee

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Sisters-Of-Silence-Kharon-Pattern-Acquisitor-2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Steady progress on the glaive, I think it's almost ready to prime

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

THE BENE GESSERIT WITCH MUST LEAVE

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nice to see Forge World getting in on the vibrator market.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

Cythereal posted:

Nice to see Forge World getting in on the vibrator market.

It's dual purpose - the iris door at the front lets you fit a fleshlight inside.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Ghazk posted:

3000 point Alpha Legion vs Iron Hands tonight in a tide of carnage scenario. poo poo was getting real in the middle of the table.

Close game, no one scored any zones at the end, it all came down to secondary objectives. Iron hands won the attrition war. Side note, dark furies with mutable tactics: tank hunter are surprisingly versatile. Tore up infantry, rhinos, and even sicarans.

Terrific looking armies. Can I ask where you (or your opponent?) got those sandbagged artillery pieces? They look great.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Insisting on a Fisting, part 2 (the Mountainfire Company continues to grow):

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Niiiiiice

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Genghis Cohen posted:

Terrific looking armies. Can I ask where you (or your opponent?) got those sandbagged artillery pieces? They look great.

Maxmini complete Siege guns. Hard to find because they don't have pics on their website.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Played a 2k game against Hixson today, rolled War of Lies on a standard deployment and won 6-2, in what was a pretty great game. This was the first match I've had where Horus was really useful, basically dominating a quarter of the board by himself and shredding three different units alone.

My list was:

Master of Signals
15 Reavers
15 Reavers
15 Reavers
5 Justaerin
2 Laser Rapiers
Horus
Rite of War: Black Reaving

His list was:

ML3 Praetor
10-Man Tac Squad + Rhino
10-Man Tac Squad + Rhino
Kheres Contemptor-Morris
Deredeo with Autocannons
Khenetai Blade Squad in Dreadclaw
Apothecary
2 Javelins with Multi-Melta + Cyclone Missile Launcher

This is the first game I can remember where the Javelins or his Deredeo actually didn't make their points back. I didn't have any vehicles (I usually take at least 1 dread) and this made the Javelins not so useful.

Reavers are fun but they die just like any other power armor marine. I tried getting his Dreadclaw with my other guys so I could charge with a squad and the Master of Signals but it lived with 1 HP left. Then the Khenetai came out, touched my Reavers and wiped them out with no losses. The Justaerin came in the next turn and crushed them, with some lucky shooting thinning the numbers first. Oh and his Praetor totally whiffed murdering one of the Justaerin, missing 4 of his 5 attacks.

Horus, wow, what a blender. I thought he was gonna die like an idiot because his squad got whittled down stupidly fast, but once it was down to just Horus and the Sergeant his toughness jumped and suddenly he was a brick shithouse. Dude was the Very Hungry Catterpillar just munching through guys. He cleared two marine squads and two Javelins by himself while the sergeant watched from the back row.

Hixson's stuff was all pretty decent as usual, except the Javelins. I think he said the Blade Squad felt like Veterans where they come in, delete a unit, and then die immediately which I agreed with.

I rolled almost as badly for the objectives as possible getting 0 and -3 off the two I controlled. It would've been great if it had ended 2-2 and we tied. Keith would've talked poo poo for like a month.

Anyway here are some pictures:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
What is your opinion of the Black Reaving? The internet seems to be pretty down on it.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It was a sniper vet free zone. And it was amazing

War of Lies came in clutch giving Panascope -2, and 0 points for his 2 objectives

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Cool to see you guys trying new lists out. Good to change up the meta.

One thing though: the Black Reaving list wasn't legal. MOS is a support officer and Horus is a LOW, so you didn't have an HQ character or one that could take a ROW.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Cool to see you guys trying new lists out. Good to change up the meta.

One thing though: the Black Reaving list wasn't legal. MOS is a support officer and Horus is a LOW, so you didn't have an HQ character or one that could take a ROW.

*In Donald Trump voice:* Wrong.

They FAQ'd it to make it work, it's on page 4 where they clarify that support officer is overruled by Rites of War. And Horus has Master of the Legion.

panascope fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 24, 2017

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I want to run IF/UM shattered Legion in a stone gauntlet. Can I run a IF praetor alongside an UM herald and have the IF praetor be the warlord?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ghazk posted:

What is your opinion of the Black Reaving? The internet seems to be pretty down on it.

It's definitely bad, and was obviously written intended for 5th edition rules when Fleet meant you could run and charge. It's got all the hallmarks of a bad rite too, placing heavy restrictions (3 troops choices, an additional HQ and fast attack has to be greater than heavy support) on your army list in exchange for mild benefits. I wanted Reavers as troops and didn't want to bring Maloghurst so this was my only option.

You can see the way it's supposed to work, where you dominate the outer 2/3 of the board or so, having guys charge on the first turn, get some Reavers added to them on the second turn with Rage, and then overwhelm them with Justaerin (who precision deep strike next to the Master of Signal) on the third turn. It was written back when Merciless Fighters was more or less the only special rule for Sons of Horus, and was definitely made to activate it. Which is a cool idea in theory but power armor dudes are just too easy to wipe out, and without assault from reserves the Outflank on Reavers mostly doesn't matter.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

So wait, Panascope didn't cheat??

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

What am I going to outraged about this morning?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Let's be outraged about your cheating.

"I thought a Dreadclaw held 12!" This was worse than Blade of Perdition gaining fleshbane.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Let's be outraged about your cheating.

"I thought a Dreadclaw held 12!" This was worse than Blade of Perdition gaining fleshbane.

I thought it held 15. Brought the squad size down before they did anything when I realized my mistake!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
This is shameful amounts of non cheating from the both of you, I expect better in a couple weeks

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

*In Donald Trump voice:* Wrong.

They FAQ'd it to make it work, it's on page 4 where they clarify that support officer is overruled by Rites of War. And Horus has Master of the Legion.

I'm still not seeing it tbh. I can't think of any legion that gets around Primarchs being LOW without taking a cumpulsory HQ character. You need a non support officer HQ character, but yes Horus is your warlord who can get a ROW.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm still not seeing it tbh. I can't think of any legion that gets around Primarchs being LOW without taking a cumpulsory HQ character. You need a non support officer HQ character, but yes Horus is your warlord who can get a ROW.
The RoW makes the Master of Signal a compulsory HQ choice so he fulfills the requirements. "In addition to the Praetor or other characters whose presence allows for a Rite of War."

I think Panascope isn't cheating..?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Horus has MotL and takes Black Reaving.
Black Reaving makes MoS a compulsory Hq, which the FAQ explicitly states overrides the support officer limitation.

quote:

Legion Support Officer (CAL – page 17)
A Consul of this type may not be used as a compulsory HQ choice for the army unless specifically exempted by a particular Legiones Astartes special rule or Rite of War.

And the Black Reaving Rite of War makes the Master of Signal a compulsory HQ.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dang! That's badass. MoS is a great HQ choice if it's compulsory.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Hello I have painted a man for the first time in over a decade please validate me

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Looks good. Now base it and do 19 more.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

my lovely bois

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hixson posted:

my lovely bois

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Every space marine is beautiful, no matter their flaws.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Make Ultramar Great Again

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Ghazk posted:

Maxmini complete Siege guns. Hard to find because they don't have pics on their website.

Thanks mate. A little pricier than I'd like, but I'd definitely consider them over the other options if I add that sort of unit to my Imperial Guard army.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Hixson posted:

my lovely bois

When you crop it like that it looks like he's out beating people to death with a wrench.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Those are some lovely bois Hixson.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm in the middle of converting a Praetor Tribune model (see below) to be Dark Angels as hell and I've decided I want a cape. Unfortunately, the one in the plastic Deathwing kit won't work so I figured I'd ask the thread on the off chance anyone had any ideas. I know there's a decent one in the terminator chaos lord kit, but I don't have one laying around at the moment to check how it fits. Thoughts? I'm not afraid of chopping and green stuffing to make things work.

Here's a picture of his butt for reference.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Chaos lord cape would fit well and look good too since it flutters in the direction the guy is stepping. To make it fit you'll either need to clip the top of the cape or chop the top grill on the armor.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Or the cape from the minotaurs guy

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Horus Heresy: Vice City