Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Giuliani himself has already denied it, but who the hell knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
My favorite is the river.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He's already said he would recuse himself and isn't being considered since, though.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Chilichimp posted:

DAG is also a presidential appointee.

Let's save some babies!

Fruit in the middle... I like a girl with a big butt SHAKA LAKA

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/889578945993101312

rip

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I really don't want that poo poo to become a meme, which probably means it will. God dammit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

He's already said he would recuse himself and isn't being considered since, though.

He didn't say that he would recuse himself, he said that it was right of Sessions to. Theoretically, since IIRC he's not currently known to be under investigation in the Russia probe, he could stay consistent with that while being named AG and not recusing himself since he's not involved.

That said, Trump craves sycophancy and defying him on any part of something he cares about as much as the Russia probe doesn't seem like the sort of thing one would do when trying to curry favor.

But these people are all batshit and stupid, so who the gently caress knows

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

QueenAnnesDead posted:

From the other Trump thread. Not to distract from the serious news, but they're cashing in in SO many ways :cripes: POTUS just scribbling with crayons for half-an-hour everyday to make 9,000 USD a pop. Also does it look like a row of Cubist middle-fingers to anyone else?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/889524855636463616

Dat building in the middle looks like Frylock HQ.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/889582173799501827

thank god for scorpions

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

bad news:

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/889582280833892353

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You don't remember Obama was elected in 2000 and immediately passed it? The Y2K bug is what caused the voter fraud that won him the election.
Or something like that.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It really would be the most nothing matters thing if a man dying of brain cancer went to every length imaginable to deny other people the right to live

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

It won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if they got approval and brought him in on a private jet, McCain limping in haltingly to the Senate floor, approaching the clerk..... to announce he's voting no.

In reality, he'll be very concerned for how the bill would impact people in Arizona while voting yes.

edit: especially since he is already on record as saying he always votes on MTP even for bills he disagrees with, which makes sense since he's an old Senator who loves the tradition of endlessly debating a bill.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 24, 2017

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Rigel posted:

It won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if they got approval and brought him in on a private jet, McCain limping in haltingly to the Senate floor, approaching the clerk..... to announce he's voting no.

In reality, he'll be very concerned for how the bill would impact people in Arizona while voting yes.

edit: especially since he is already on record as saying he always votes on MTP even for bills he disagrees with, which makes sense since he's an old Senator who loves the tradition of endlessly debating a bill.

Wasn't there a quote from McCain that he always votes for a motion to proceed?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It won't make a difference since the bill will just fail again anyway but if McCain really makes the effort to drag himself off his deathbed and fly cross country just to cast a vote to deny others healthcare I demand that everyone who was all high and mighty about how cruel we were to not care about his cancer apologize.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

gently caress the GOP to hell forever

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
1). When will we know if/when McCain is given permission to leave?

2). What is the status of Heller, Murkowski et. al? I'm not optimistic, but since it's a given Rand/Collins are hard no's, it would be nice to know where these wavering senators are.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If he's going to die, he's taking everyone else with him!!

This puts them within throwing distance of the vote. :(

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I feel like Senators should have understudies that are required to be 35 or 20 years younger than their elected, make them run like the president with VPs. Senators will love it because they're already high on their own self congratulatory farts.

e: The unspoken thought that inspired this is why the gently caress is this ever a thing, if you need to get a doctors note that it's ok for you to stand in a room and say "aye" maybe you're not fit to serve anymore god drat it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Even with McCain this bill had failed and nothing has since changed.

Also a notion to proceed to debate is far different than a vote to pass it.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Even with McCain this bill had failed and nothing has since changed.

Also a notion to proceed to debate is far different than a vote to pass it.

You say that but it is hard to be anything but pessimistic when Donald loving "grab them by the pussy" Trump is president. I mean, at this point it feels like the Universe is trying to kill all decency.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Office Pig posted:

2). What is the status of Heller, Murkowski et. al? I'm not optimistic, but since it's a given Rand/Collins are hard no's, it would be nice to know where these wavering senators are.

Rand is only a conditional no on MTP if he can't get a promise for a vote on repeal. That should be easy for McConnell to promise, and if it fails they can move on to amendments.

The public no's on MTP are Collins, Murkowski, and Capito. Capito is wavering, but if MTP succeeds then there are a lot of quiet no's for the actual bill who would vote yes on MTP. They are probably hoping MTP fails to spare them a hard vote.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
The gently caress is doctors permission? Doctors don't give permission, they give advice. A doctor signing off on a patient going back to work is not authorization, it's advice that the person can work safely.

I'd like to meet the doctor who says it's medically advisable for a recently post surgical 80 year old man with incurable brain cancer and oncoming chemo to travel and press flesh. Dude must be a stone cold badass, punching hospital general counsel in the face

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

Isn't voting no on MTP how the senate filibusters in these post pissing in a jug while reading the phonebook times?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gyges posted:

Isn't voting no on MTP how the senate filibusters in these post pissing in a jug while reading the phonebook times?

Nah, MTP is to start debate and filibustering is preventing the debate from ending. But it is moot because they're using reconciliation.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/889586644436881411

So brave, risking his own life in order to take away healthcare from millions of people.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Randbrick posted:

The gently caress is doctors permission? Doctors don't give permission, they give advice. A doctor signing off on a patient going back to work is not authorization, it's advice that the person can work safely.

I'd like to meet the doctor who says it's medically advisable for a recently post surgical 80 year old man with incurable brain cancer and oncoming chemo to travel and press flesh. Dude must be a stone cold badass, punching hospital general counsel in the face

It's when a doctor says "well, I mean, technically this man is physically able to get out of his hospital bed" so your employer can harass you directly for not going back to work after illness or injury. Welcome to America bitch.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It won't make a difference since the bill will just fail again anyway but if McCain really makes the effort to drag himself off his deathbed and fly cross country just to cast a vote to deny others healthcare I demand that everyone who was all high and mighty about how cruel we were to not care about his cancer apologize.

Brain cancer sounds like a pretty good reason to skip on a tough vote (if you perceive it as one). If McCain does this I will feel utterly vindicated in my constant, seething hatred of him because it means he cares that passionately about taking health care away. Absent brain cancer you could sort of write it off as him just being an old party man and being an ordinary piece of poo poo.

I'm reminded of the UK hung parliament sometime in the 1970s when MPs literally on their deathbed were wheeled in for division.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Office Pig posted:

1). When will we know if/when McCain is given permission to leave?

nobody knows re 2, likely not even them because they have no idea what they're going to be voting on

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

McCain is actually already dead and they are going to Weekend at Bernie's his vote on a motion to proceed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Javes posted:

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/889586644436881411

So brave, risking his own life in order to take away healthcare from millions of people.

he didn't have brain tumor surgery iirc, just a clot pulled out that FOUND the tumor

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Is it just me or do they have him surrounded by women for some reason

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

Nah, MTP is to start debate and filibustering is preventing the debate from ending. But it is moot because they're using reconciliation.

I think the filibuster used to be an option to prevent the beginning of debate on the bill (ie you are endlessly debating whether or not to debate), and I think Harry Reid basically said "this is loving ridiculous, we'll keep 60 votes to end debate on a bill, but we shouldn't need 60 to begin debate"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/889585623702671362

"relied on" is definitely lawyerspeak for being able to say when all of the russian funds he took become public, that he didn't "rely" on them

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rigel posted:

I think the filibuster used to be an option to prevent the beginning of debate on the bill (ie you are endlessly debating whether or not to debate), and I think Harry Reid basically said "this is loving ridiculous, we'll keep 60 votes to end debate on a bill, but we shouldn't need 60 to begin debate"

it used to be both but was only used at the end, but then republicans started using it at the beginning too

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
Stupid Gop Corpses Leave Mccain Alone! :cry:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Can confirm, my mom had a brain tumor (luckily ended up being benign and easily removed, now 10+ years with no sign of returning) and in the months leading up to discovering it she would be majorly affected on flights. There were a few times she almost had to be carried off the plane afterwards--the pressure changes were definitely affecting her. We all chalked it up as one too many drinks on the flight at the time, but then looked back after finding the cause and realized there were a ton of warning signs.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/889586587440472065

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Stupid Gop Corpses Leave Mccain Alone! :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

mod sassinator posted:

Can confirm, my mom had a brain tumor (luckily ended up being benign and easily removed, now 10+ years with no sign of returning) and in the months leading up to discovering it she would be majorly affected on flights. There were a few times she almost had to be carried off the plane afterwards--the pressure changes were definitely affecting her. We all chalked it up as one too many drinks on the flight at the time, but then looked back after finding the cause and realized there were a ton of warning signs.

Didn't McCain just get off a flight during Comey's deposition?

• Locked thread