Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Jeffrey, I get that you are a mod, but we will need you to post your KDR before dispensing any more advice and expertise. Thank you for understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Can I get this firing range with slow down ability in game please

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Warbird posted:

I wasn't aware that was a thing in Win10. I'll go fool around with it, thanks! I had messed with device manager, but that required a reboot so it wasn't ideal. USB extenders were viable, but I'm a VR crazy person, so not adding to the cable nightmare that is my office is nice.

I'm pretty sure that there's a disable option for devices and I think it works instantly even if it requests a restart.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Warbird posted:

I was really hoping they'd make so you could have the game ignore a plugged in controller, but it looks like that isn't happening for at least another update. It's fairly easy to work around via just unplugging the thing, but it's a hassle to go crawl behind/under my desk to get to the dang thing each time I want to play PUBG or Rocket League.

I'm having same issue, I found this but haven't been able to test it yet:

quote:

Navigate to: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\PUBG\Engine\Config\ And delete controller.vdf. This fixed it for me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Linstar posted:

No, reread the chain of comments. Someone said they are sure red circles always clip a player. Someone else told him that's not true evidenced by late game redzones in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be, thus providing evidence. Then you jumped on shitposting saying it could clip a player 98% of the time opening up the conversation to useless information so that you are technically correct.

We know for a fact red zones are not always on a player, therefore you cannot use redzones as information on player locations. That is the only relevant information.

You are way too invested in this. Just shoot dudes and chill out.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
red circles only spawn if there is someone in the game, maybe not though

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I think it's correlated with game time: more likely near most players at the start very unlikely near players at the end.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Linstar posted:

No, reread the chain of comments. Someone said they are sure red circles always clip a player. Someone else told him that's not true evidenced by late game redzones in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be, thus providing evidence. Then you jumped on shitposting saying it could clip a player 98% of the time opening up the conversation to useless information so that you are technically correct.

We know for a fact red zones are not always on a player, therefore you cannot use redzones as information on player locations. That is the only relevant information.

I used my experience to say that I firmly believed something; that's hardly conclusive. No Safe Word said his or her experience made what I said 'literally impossible', even though that was equally inconclusive. I will concede based on this clip, but honestly, No Safe Word's argument was providing as little 'evidence' as mine.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seeing and experiencing "red zones" is a sign of HIV, the disease that causes AIDs, please go to the hospital

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Olewithmilk posted:

I think it's correlated with game timeplayer dispersion: more likely near most players at the start very unlikely near players at the end.

There now it makes sense.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Rumor is that the new gun uses crossbow bolts.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Using the red circle as a reference point for a player's position would be pretty useless even if it spawns on them 100% of the time, they'll be very inclined to hunker down in a building or drive away.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Move all crate items to current high quality loot spawns.
Move all high quality loot to medium quality spawns.
Add rocket launchers to crates.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
how about less shitposting and dickwaving about opinions about the redzone (which isn't even that serious of a thing anymore) and more talk about delicious chicken dinners.
y'all pick some weird poo poo to fight about, but I guess that's Goons for ya!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

TheFonz posted:

How is the SVD distinct enough from the SKS to warrant inclusion.

When we have 20 of each type of weapon sure, but at this point there are at least 20 rifles I would prefer as they would be more distinct than the SVD in the current Meta.

Also, gimme the American 180.

poo poo, I totally forgot about the SKS. I guess it wouldn't be very differentiated, it just seems like a gun that should be in the game for some reason.

Maybe make the SVD a crate weapon and have a perm-attached 8x like the VSS and the 4x?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

red circles only spawn if there is someone in the game, maybe not though

Schrödinger's Bomb Zone, I like it.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Red circles only spawn on people with a positive KDR.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How do you get a negative KDR?

Teach me.

:thejoke:?

odiv fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 25, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I've only been in a red zone once so far, so I can say with 100% certainty that red zones only spawn on top of cool people :coal:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Lladre posted:

There now it makes sense.

That's still correlated with game time, and it still makes sense.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mashed_penguin posted:

Red circles only spawn on people with a positive KDR.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I've only been in a red zone once so far, so I can say with 100% certainty that red zones only spawn on top of cool people :coal:

Again, I've been downed repeatedly and killed once by a red zone, neither of these can possibly be true.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Fresh off the JUNIPER STUDIOS RENDER SERVER:

Juniper Presents: An UnknownPlayer Production: Perry Unknown's: I Want to Die

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Carebearz posted:

how about less shitposting and dickwaving about opinions about the redzone (which isn't even that serious of a thing anymore) and more talk about delicious chicken dinners.

here's me killing a bush ftw

https://streamable.com/k6g3s

Olewithmilk fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 25, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Do the fugly textures actual help with OPTIMAL GAMEPLAY? I have most things turned down but I don't think I could do that to my eyes.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Carebearz posted:

One of my favoUrite finishers: https://streamable.com/b2eug

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

I used my experience to say that I firmly believed something; that's hardly conclusive. No Safe Word said his or her experience made what I said 'literally impossible', even though that was equally inconclusive. I will concede based on this clip, but honestly, No Safe Word's argument was providing as little 'evidence' as mine.

Yes, you stated wrong information based on your experience. Someone else stated evidence to refute that. It is testable by just looking at red zones late game where you cannot survive in the blue for more than a few seconds which is conclusive even without the dev stating it. Not a big deal, just a correction of a mistake.

What the issue is, was when the mod started chiming in trying to make the wrong statement technically correct for some reason.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Nice vid, you deserved better than 20th there.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Do the fugly textures actual help with OPTIMAL GAMEPLAY? I have most things turned down but I don't think I could do that to my eyes.

Yeah it helps, but even if it didnt I run everything low in every multiplayer game ever.

Olewithmilk posted:

Nice vid, you deserved better than 20th there.

"Meh."

(thanks!)

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Using the red circle as a reference point for a player's position would be pretty useless even if it spawns on them 100% of the time, they'll be very inclined to hunker down in a building or drive away.

Late game in the top 10 is all about information. It's why players are afraid to shoot because once you give your position away, the other players will reposition accordingly which puts you at a disadvantage.

Just look at the game when 3 are left. The one who doesn't fight has the advantage because he knows where the other two players are and can position to kill the winner of the duel.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Linstar posted:

Yes, you stated wrong information based on your experience. Someone else stated evidence to refute that. It is testable by just looking at red zones late game where you cannot survive in the blue for more than a few seconds which is conclusive even without the dev stating it. Not a big deal, just a correction of a mistake.

What the issue is, was when the mod started chiming in trying to make the wrong statement technically correct for some reason.

*shrug* I think it's closer to true than false - my observations (which are obviously by nature extremely limited) suggest that red zones are more likely to spawn where there are players than where there or not, while others treated it like a binary thing. A red zone which indicates a high likelihood of player presence is very valuable information, similar to how a guaranteed one would be, which is why it matters and we're talking about it.

I'm not a games mod fwiw.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

*shrug* I think it's closer to true than false - my observations (which are obviously by nature extremely limited) suggest that red zones are more likely to spawn where there are players than where there or not, while others treated it like a binary thing. A red zone which indicates a high likelihood of player presence is very valuable information, similar to how a guaranteed one would be, which is why it matters and we're talking about it.

I'm not a games mod fwiw.

Let's play PUBG online, I need a meat shield

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Had two crappy warmup rounds where I accomplished nothing and then pulled off a real nice solo chicken dinner.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just had a top 3 where i just picked off one of the remnants...only to die to a m249 running up on me from the blue. welp.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Had a game where the final circle closed in on the mansion compound, the circle after this one closed in on it even more.

I died trying to crawl up through the fence and as far as I can tell every building was occupied as people were just getting lit up from windows trying to approach.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

DrPlump posted:

Move all crate items to current high quality loot spawns.
Move all high quality loot to medium quality spawns.
Add rocket launchers to crates.

:pray:

I need to introduce some jeeps to hot carl

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yodzilla posted:

Had a game where the final circle closed in on the mansion compound, the circle after this one closed in on it even more.

I died trying to crawl up through the fence and as far as I can tell every building was occupied as people were just getting lit up from windows trying to approach.

Honestly that's pretty cool. I want to think that the teams then had to fight vertically within the buildings for the win.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I really wish I could have watched the rest of the match. I've never seen the circle close in on an area with that many buildings.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I really wish I could have watched the rest of the match. I've never seen the circle close in on an area with that many buildings.

You need to play the game more!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TheFonz posted:

How is the SVD distinct enough from the SKS to warrant inclusion.

When we have 20 of each type of weapon sure, but at this point there are at least 20 rifles I would prefer as they would be more distinct than the SVD in the current Meta.

Also, gimme the American 180.

IRL or in the game itself? 'Cause IRL the SKS is just a semi-auto AK with a small magazine, calling it a DMR is a video game thing, it's just a self-loading rifle not too far removed from the US's Garand.

The SVD is essentially a semi-auto Mosin with a larger magazine.

Left is what SVD and Mosin use, right is what SKS and AK use.

The niche for the SVD would be semi-auto Kar98.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Linstar posted:

No Safe Word's 'evidence' wasn't actually that though, is my point. Only the dev statement is actually conclusive.

Anyway, truly sorry to the rest of the thread for running this into the ground, although I'm genuinely curious now: do red zones still spawn during the 7th and 8th circles? I don't think I've ever checked.

• Locked thread