Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

oddly, CC does not believe that local parties, unions, grassroots people, students, churches, or really anyone other than the campaign volunteers on the spreadsheet directly in front of him actually matter

as you can see from the post above this one, i believe action-oriented organizations with clear organizing goals and effective strategies are Good. fossilized do-nothing garbage organizations, like the vast majority of local parties, are Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I just hope you eventually can find a local organization to teach you how to make good posts CC.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vox Nihili posted:

if you dont have a goddamn checkmark by your name on my goddamn excel doc then how can i even tell that you exist!?

in President Chelsea Clinton's America, you can only get healthcare if you have a verified twitter account

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wait why do we hate DWS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

as you can see from the post above this one, i believe action-oriented organizations with clear organizing goals and effective strategies are Good. fossilized do-nothing garbage organizations, like the vast majority of local parties, are Bad.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

Wait why do we hate DWS

how could anyone hate dws, the perfect dnc chair

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

zegermans posted:

Wait why do we hate DWS

:smugjones:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
sometimes, late at night, i go out and lie in the grass, gazing at the stars. i think of debbie wasserman schultz and wonder if somewhere out there she might be staring up at the same night sky, thinking of me.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The Obama team — especially 2012 campaign manager Jim Messina — long viewed Wasserman Schultz as a major campaign liability, questioning her fundraising prowess and her tendency to appoint personal aides to positions of authority, prioritizing loyalty over competence and effectiveness as a spokesperson for Democrats. At the time, senior campaign officials leaked details of an internal survey, conducted by pollster David Binder, showing Wasserman Schultz was the least-liked Obama surrogate; she later dismissed the report as “National Enquirer” dross.

After Obama’s 2012 victory, Messina and longtime political adviser Patrick Gaspard, who worked under Wasserman Schultz at the DNC, pressed the president to push her out, advising that he tap former Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak as her replacement. Obama — who cared little for the party machinations — figured the move would be more trouble than it was worth and told his aides that he was OK having Wasserman Schultz serve as chairwoman until he left office. “It’s embarrassing that Obama left the problem for Hillary,” one former West Wing adviser told POLITICO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDI83HvbtCE

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 07:40 on Jul 26, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Obama was/is such a massive piece of poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Macron good because lefties lost? Power = good? Then GOP = good also?

Does your face ever get tired from sucking the gestalt ruling class cock all the time?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

steinrokkan posted:

Macron good because lefties lost? Power = good? Then GOP = good also?

no, obviously

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Your snarky comments about leftists not doing well can serve no other purpose than to affirm the righteousness of centrism by the virtue of its hold onto power. Like a good little fascist.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

steinrokkan posted:

Your snarky comments about leftists not doing well can serve no other purpose than to affirm the righteousness of centrism by the virtue of its hold onto power. Like a good little fascist.

wrong

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
that and this

Peakliberalism.jpg

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I don't know who runs this account but I want to vote for them.

https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/890107125254508544

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

i think concerned citizen makes a good point about the state and local dem parties being just as much of useless good-ol-boy clubs as the national party and that ignoring the dem institutions entirely in favor of building new ones like the dsa is the way to go. it's too bad cc trolls so much that when he posts earnestly he drowns himself out

Indeed

For instance

Did you know that the state of Maryland is in a lawsuit being heard by the Supreme Court over excessive Democratic gerrymandering?

In 2017?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The fact is most obits are mixed reviews
Life is a lottery
A lot of people lose
And the winners, the grinners
With money-colored eyes
Eat all the nuggets
Then they order extra fries

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
if progressive dems win big they should gerrymander hard in return

put all the dumbfuck rurals in one district

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Jeb! would've won.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

lying, gutless scum

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

"use me like an app"

if the people dont wise up soon and smash the state enough to get the facists to back down, we'll be the dystopian fourth reich for a hundred years, until the oil runs out and society breaks down

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

got any sevens posted:

https://youtu.be/H7Q9ZEdOLSE

i'm not even mad, if the american populace isnt pissed off enough about these oligarchs to riot, they get what they deserve.

I've never had much in the way of friends or family

My doc is the only pal I've ever known

I'd like to have some care in the Rocky Mountain air

Some healthcare for me that's all I'm asking for!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gently caress ALL DEMS WHO CHEERED GONE MCBRAIN

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

gently caress ALL DEMS WHO CHEERED GONE MCBRAIN

but bernie's not a dem

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it is pretty awesome how the "he's not a dem" poo poo backfired like that

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

but they haven't won for the past ten, fifteen years now. it's like the original star trek movies where an aging and increasingly incompetent crew refuses to retire and provide jobs for a new generation.

clearly that's because stupid and shortsighted lefties drove Rahm out of national politics and dragged the party away from the 2006-2008 winning strategy of "go all-in on the Blue Dogs". duh :rolleyes:

fortunately, the party centrists have been able to resist that misguided pressure and instead direct party resources into reenacting that historic victory

there are *some* exceptions (i have worked with a few very good organizations), but by and large local parties are organizations that spend 3 weeks trying to organize a county fair booth, and then another two weeks of mutual recriminations over no one showing up to man the county fair booth.

as opposed to national organizations, well-known for being useful and active and totally not just funneling donor money to for-profit consultants

all of the problems you're describing are common to any community organization that has lost the participation of its base. without ordinary people coming in and staying active, the organization degrades until the only people still involved are people with nothing better to do and people who think they can make some money off it somehow. the national party hasn't been affected as badly because it's more competitive, offers much more room for career growth, and has a lot more money flowing, so there's always plenty of career organizers and consultants eager to prove themselves and get a cut of that cash flow

the core problem is that the Democratic Party has lost touch with its base and has largely ditched its ideological grounding, so the base doesnt get involved anymore, and pretty soon the only people bothering to show up to party events are embezzlers, wealthy donors who want the attention, people who want to be professional political operatives, and old people with nothing better to do but squabble about rules and yardsigns

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

clearly that's because stupid and shortsighted lefties drove Rahm out of national politics and dragged the party away from the 2006-2008 winning strategy of "go all-in on the Blue Dogs". duh :rolleyes:

fortunately, the party centrists have been able to resist that misguided pressure and instead direct party resources into reenacting that historic victory

as opposed to national organizations, well-known for being useful and active and totally not just funneling donor money to for-profit consultants

all of the problems you're describing are common to any community organization that has lost the participation of its base. without ordinary people coming in and staying active, the organization degrades until the only people still involved are people with nothing better to do and people who think they can make some money off it somehow. the national party hasn't been affected as badly because it's more competitive, offers much more room for career growth, and has a lot more money flowing, so there's always plenty of career organizers and consultants eager to prove themselves and get a cut of that cash flow

the core problem is that the Democratic Party has lost touch with its base and has largely ditched its ideological grounding, so the base doesnt get involved anymore, and pretty soon the only people bothering to show up to party events are embezzlers, wealthy donors who want the attention, people who want to be professional political operatives, and old people with nothing better to do but squabble about rules and yardsigns

the old people wouldn't squabble about yard signs so much if the dems would just give them some...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/DSALongBeach/status/890108294903345152

https://twitter.com/khalidCares/status/890006269679071234

cool and good and local govt. suck my dick CC

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

when i suggested this as a policy i had at least 15 centrists telling me it was an idiotic idea and that old people would starve to death cause their grocer was given the day off to vote

i guess what i'm saying is, i'm looking forward to old people dying en masse in south fulton

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

i gave it to myself. it is meant to be ironic.
Do you know who gave me my av?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

when i suggested this as a policy i had at least 15 centrists telling me it was an idiotic idea and that old people would starve to death cause their grocer was given the day off to vote

Do these people realize that there are countries on Earth outside of the United States of America that do this?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBP0DqQuss

ThndrShk2k posted:

Do you know who gave me my av?

heath_ledger_joker.webm

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I gave myself this av too and it is also ironic (I'm not really a ferret)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Condiv posted:

i guess what i'm saying is, i'm looking forward to old people dying en masse in south fulton

kind of like how half the country burns down every thanksgiving

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
if you've got avs or plat you care too much

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

kind of like how half the country burns down every thanksgiving

The entire state of Israel starves to death every Saturday :geno:

I mean it's not a perfect solution by itself though, you still need people running the power plants etc and they don't get to vote unless you special-case them. Doesn't mean it's not worth doing of course.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I gave myself this av too and it is also ironic (I'm not really a ferret)

I miss my Matt Lubchansky Sad Sad Boy avatar sometimes but (a) people kept posting it at me as though this avatar I had selected myself was some sort of "sick burn" on me, and (b) a superbowl happened

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

gradenko_2000 posted:

Do these people realize that there are countries on Earth outside of the United States of America that do this?

a lot of the hillary faithful adopted her "no we can't" stance during the general, i guess as a way to rationalize all the democratic stuff she refused to entertain even talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is there a working old-avatar retrieval site? I wanna see my Halloween costume av again, and of the two that exist, one appears to be permabroken and the other one only shows my first two lovely webcomic avs from like nine years ago

• Locked thread