Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
WHOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Man, I was going to go to bed, but it's serious :f5: time.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Whoa

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Sins of the Father is seriously one of my favorite episodes.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Oh man, as soon as I saw you trying to figure out why Kurn was being such a dick to Worf I was excited to see your reaction. It did not disappoint.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Great writing this episode. It's tight, clever and effective.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

That's the stuff.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Right here (aside from some of the Romulan stuff that was building up over the season, but didn't really end up going anywhere), these are the first steps toward modern serialization. Mark this day, Jeb.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

They're all yelling everything they say

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The prosecutor's forehead has some really well-developed side-ridges, much moreso than Worf or his brother's. I wonder if that's handsome.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I like how Picard's delegating and researching relevant info instead of just sitting giving moral support like he would if the show wasn't as well-written.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Real drama with a friend of Worf's father trying to get him to leave so he's not killed (or maybe he has an ulterior motive)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wtf they're trying to assassinate Worf's champion

edit: did assassinate him??

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I just made a pained groan when Data said the evidence points to Worf's father's guilt

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh whew

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I get the sentiment of choosing Picard as his new champion but man. Kind of a dumb move

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Pretty cool to see Picard wearing anything that's not a Starfleet uniform

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
The best part of "Sins of the Father" is how you settle in during the first act and think, "okay, I know what this episode is about" and then the episode is all, "NOPE WE'RE GOING WAY OVER HERE NOW."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Holy hell that's high stakes. Especially after seeing exactly what this would mean firsthand a few episodes ago.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fuuuuuck

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

How the hell are they gonna resolve this with two minutes left

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh I didn't realize admitting guilt wouldn't involve the execution.

Anyway that was intense and finally gave me the taste of Klingon society I was waiting for.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh I didn't realize admitting guilt wouldn't involve the execution.

Anyway that was intense and finally gave me the taste of Klingon society I was waiting for.

I want you do keep doing this all the way through ds9

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Jeb how did you feel about Patrick Stewart just fuckin' gnawing on the scenery when he's shouting at the Klingon chancellor?

Because I fuckin' love it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Pretty cool to see Picard wearing anything that's not a Starfleet uniform

Remember this post when you get around to Captain's Holiday.

Remember it.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Remember this post when you get around to Captain's Holiday.

Remember it.
Is that the first appearance of Action Jacket Picard?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WhiteHowler posted:

Is that the first appearance of Action Jacket Picard?

No, Bathing Suit Picard.

:pervert:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Jeb how did you feel about Patrick Stewart just fuckin' gnawing on the scenery when he's shouting at the Klingon chancellor?

It's probably just gonna be TNG because it's the most culturally important and I want to end it on a high note. Maybe a few movies too. I've never seen Wrath of Khan.

It was amazing obviously. I was thinking early in the episode but didn't have time to post, that Patrick Stewart can put you under a spell with just a few lines. He could have been a cult leader.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's probably just gonna be TNG because it's the most culturally important and I want to end it on a high note. Maybe a few movies too. I've never seen Wrath of Khan.

DS9 is a higher note to end on than season 7 of TNG

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

DS9 is a higher note to end on than season 7 of TNG

Maybe, but DS9 has no famous memes. And I heard the last episode of TNG is good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jeb! Repetition posted:

And I heard the last episode of TNG is good.

It is

I can respect not wanting to watch it because you're in it for the cultural significance, but DS9 is the better show so don't worry about the quality being lower.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Maybe, but DS9 has no famous memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I want Jeb! to cover TOS next

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Maybe, but DS9 has no famous memes. And I heard the last episode of TNG is good.
Memes... the DNA of the soul.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Needs more Thomas Riker taking off parts of his beard.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I love reading Jeb going ohhhh shiitt through TNG, and I wonder how he'd react to DS9.

Probably like OHH SHIIIIIIIITTTt

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Marshal Radisic posted:

From what I've heard there's two Trek mods in development for Stellaris. There's Star Trek: New Horizons, which has been getting some good buzz as of late, and there's Star Trek: Infinities, which is still in early development but is being made by most of the same people who made the Armada 3 mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. The two teams have been considering collaboration, but the two mods have rather different design goals and interpretations of Trek, so for the moment it looks like the two will continue on their separate paths. I'm a little more excited for Infinities, if only because of the pedigree of Armada 3.

Gotta admit, I'm kinda curious how both will handle stuff like ENT and TOS-era Cardassians. Federation stuff is easy, since all you need to do is watch the shows, and you can handle the Klingons and Romulans with a mix of the shows and a few video games (usually some combination of the SFC series for TMP-era stuff, the Armada Series for TNG and later, and Legacy for most any era). For stuff like the Cardassians and the Dominion you're pretty much in unexplored territory.

Ah, interesting. I only knew of New Horizons. They've started out easy by fleshing the Federation races, Klingons, Romulans with storylines and events, and are getting around to Cardassians and the Dominion. They eventually want to do something for all the races but obviously it's easiest to start with the ones they can take episodes and turn into events, or we have a full progression of ships and such for.

Best thing about the Klingons is it giving the main cast the license to eat all of the scenery in the room. Especially Avery Brooks.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah, well don't get used to it if you plan on watching Discovery. :(

Also someone was talking earlier about them showing Ferengi or Borg in Discovery--they won't, because those aliens are too closely tied in with TNG and Bermaga Trek which they are clearly distancing themselves from.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Astroman posted:

Also someone was talking earlier about them showing Ferengi or Borg in Discovery--they won't, because those aliens are too closely tied in with TNG and Bermaga Trek which they are clearly distancing themselves from.

If Discovery makes it to a second or third season, they will run completely out of ideas, and Fuller (who was one of the writers for Voyager) said he'd like come back to write for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Would unironically donate to a patreon account for you to keep going all the way through DS9.

Also: