Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TheKennedys posted:

I sleep with a 27-year-old stuffed bunny for much the same reason; my husband is super comfy but moves a lot in his sleep and is basically a space heater, so Bunny gets the cuddles (and helps my bad elbow keep from getting slept on)

Yeah, I've tried cuddling my fiancee to sleep but

A) She's really hot (appearance and body temp) and I need to be cool to sleep, so I overheat easily when she's too close.

B) I can never figure out what to do with the arm that's not over the top.

I also don't find it really comfortable to sleep without something supporting my arms, so I don't necessarily need a stuffed animal but I at least need a pillow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

new phone who dis posted:

Would be interesting to see the post history on that dude because my fake alarm is pinging. It's not that I don't believe a sad nerd like that is out there, I just don't believe a woman like that would stay with him for 2 years.

^^^ haha, really? vvv

fruit on the bottom posted:

1502 pages of this and that's what trips you up?

If there's anything we've learned from this thread it's that there's a lot of remarkable people who are all too happy to waste the best years of their lives in one-sided relationships with petty garbage people

WampaLord posted:

My [20M] boyfriend [30M] won't stop scaring me. I'm considering breaking up with him.

I am actually really loving mad at this guy. This sounds like some loving next level emotional torture poo poo, what a loving psychopath.

:murder: :murder: :murder:

At first I thought "oh jeeze, two 20 y/o dudes, ScareBF is gonna have a rough road ahead when people stop putting up with his kid bullshit" and then I realized the boyfriend was 30

Age gap relationships come through yet again, and as usual, the older partner is a manchild stuck in a permanent state of arrested development. How do you get to age 30 and still think it's funny to do this poo poo? You'd think it would have cost him a few jobs by now if it was such an intrinsic part of his personality.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

You put your arm on the bed, out a pillow on your arm, your partner lays their head on that pillow.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

Age gap relationships come through yet again, and as usual, the older partner is a manchild stuck in a permanent state of arrested development. How do you get to age 30 and still think it's funny to do this poo poo? You'd think it would have cost him a few jobs by now if it was such an intrinsic part of his personality.

all of these dudes mysteriously find the means to keep their dickhead bullshit in check when pulling it has consequences

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My (34f) husband (37m) of 9 years planned my dream vacation to the French Riveria without getting my input. He did it right but I'm furious with him because I wanted to be part of the process. Am I being unreasonable?

quote:

quick background: my husband and I are involved in my families' business. We own a fill dirt company which for the most part is pretty low stress but in the last three years my dad has started working "retirement hours," there's a huge interstate project we have the contract for and we've had labor issues with one employee sexually assaulting another. We had planned on having kids but circumstances being what they are, the last three years have been a blur and both my husband and I have been on the edge of insanity.

I need to say here it's been my dream to spend like a month on the French Riveria since I was little. Something about it seems so romantic and relaxing and when I get sad or stresses I'll just sit in my office and look at Instagram hashtags from Cannes, Nice, Monaco, etc... And dream about getting away.

Well in the past few months things have settled as we are nearing a settlement with the employee who was assaulted, we've both testified in the criminal trial, the interstate project is still busy but going smooth and out of the blue my dad started working full time. Out of the blue my husband sprung it on me that we are taking six weeks off and going to spend the entire time in France/northern Italy.

Of course I was excited so I looked through the itinerary and he obviously worked hard and somehow even paid enough attention and booked the exact hotels I've dreamed about staying in. He has the time in the various towns perfect, so far he's booked amazing day trips and excursions. With minor variations, it's exactly what I would have booked.

But I'm livid with him. I wanted to plan this, I wanted to have the excitement of making the calls and the anticipation of getting it right and making adjustments and being just part of it. I mean I figure this is a once in a lifetime thing I wanted to get the full experience which means planning as well.

I probably said some wrong things because I called him an insensitive rear end for surprising me and not letting me be a part of it. He asked if I was serious, I said yes that I've never been so mad at him (partly true). He's now mad at me for not appreciating his effort. I'm mad at him for being mad and not seeing my side of things and now my dream vacation is off on the wrong foot completely and we aren't speaking to each other.

I know he tried hard but it doesn't change the fact that he screwed up, however am I being unreasonable here?

tl;dr: Husband planned my dream vacation without me. I'm so angry wifh him, am I being unreasonable?

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Am I being unreasonable?

The answer is yes, yes you are.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My (34f) husband (37m) of 9 years planned my dream vacation to the French Riveria without getting my input. He did it right but I'm furious with him because I wanted to be part of the process. Am I being unreasonable?

LOL Ya you are. Please tell me redditor's aren't validating this weirdo.

Also what's your employee getting assaulted have to do with being mad that your husband planned your dream vacation to perfection as a surprise?

"weird unnecessary detail" should be a bingo square.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Milotic posted:

Me [30 F] with my SO [29 M] 2 yrs, I "proposed", he reacted poorly, now I don't know what to do

"Help, Caveman Boyfriend No Good With Heartwords!"

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Milotic posted:

Ah memories. Idiot dps shouldn't have stood in fire.

Me [30 F] with my SO [29 M] 2 yrs, I "proposed", he reacted poorly, now I don't know what to do

quote:

I know some of you will say "marriage is only a contract!" or that if you're happy every single day, why ruin it with unnecessary pressure? and yeah, I don't disagree. But I also want to be his family, beyond just sharing the same address. Please help.

Yeah, you're not coming back from that one. Poor lady.

you know that Reddit's primary age demo is 20-29 y/os when this is identifiable as a common opinion

they're like two years out from all of their poo poo starting to break and unless they both work minimum wage or the same job at the same company one of them probably has better insurance than the other. this is going to be very relevant to them sooner rather than later.

there are so many mechanical advantages to marriage that it doesn't make sense to not get married if you've been dating long term and your relationship is strong enough to rationalize the commitment

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Also what's your employee getting assaulted have to do with being mad that your husband planned your dream vacation to perfection as a surprise?

This is probably the most sympathetic comment

quote:

I mean, I, as someone who likes the planning process, understand your point, but yes, you're acting like an ungrateful jackass.

First, in a way, you did do the planning, since your husband apparently built the trip around the things you've told him you wanted to do. And, there's still plenty for you to plan: you can plan your wardrobe, your dream shopping list, the foods and wines you want to try, the individual places in each city to see, french phrases to learn, french movies to watch, etc. The trip is still just a basic outline that needs to be filled in.

Frankly, if I was him, I'd be tempted to cash in your ticket and go alone.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
The mom in the dead husband story is really a loving hypocrite. You can't take your younger daughter's privileges away and then blame your older daughter for breaking up the very thing you're punishing. The whole "you're tearing this family apart" but is particularly awful. gently caress both of them (but not literally)

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
You can get into some major loving trouble for contributing to minors drinking. This isn't even a discussion for a single mother. There's no scenario where allowing a teen house party is worth the risk to her.

There was no other rational decision to make.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nessa posted:

I sleep with a stuffed bear that I've had since I was 6 years old. He's been the Hobbes to my Calvin for almost 25 years. I can sleep without him, but I do like to spoon my bear when I'm getting comfy in bed.

Is it the same bear as in your av

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

most of them are dunking on her but there's always an arbitraryc

quote:

Going to go against the grain here and say that your feelings are valid, and that you do have a point. While I'm glad to see your SO got it right, it is a little unreasonable to exclude you from the process. Maybe he decided to go it alone to relieve the stress from you, but I would push back on these other comments and say that you're not being ungrateful.

I would say if you want, try to find ways to provide more of your own input on the trip to fill any gaps in the plan and put your stamp on things. :)

she probably threw it in for context cause she assaulted the employee for giving her an incredibly thoughtful Christmas present

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 27, 2017

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is it the same bear as in your av

It's a polar bear, yes! His name is Poly (pronounced Poley). I wasn't a very inventive 6 year old.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

WampaLord posted:

17 year-old: "I'm glad your husband is dead"

OP - :qq:

ArbitraryC: "Heh, don't take it so personally. You'll move on and heal in time, it's not like this extremely insensitive moment from a loved one will be remembered forever"

Dumb teenager blurts out the meanest thing that pops into her head after being (admittedly through her own fault) embarrassed in front of a number of friends, should be disowned by family forever and ever

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Intruder posted:

Dumb teenager blurts out the meanest thing that pops into her head after being (admittedly through her own fault) embarrassed in front of a number of friends, should be disowned by family forever and ever

Seriously, teenagers are dumb as hell. She didnt really mean it and will grow out of it, because thats what teens do, they grow up. Everyone ITT sounds like the people on reddit telling the woman who got put to bed by a 10 year old to call the police.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Meme Emulator posted:

Seriously, teenagers are dumb as hell. She didnt really mean it and will grow out of it
The only way she'll grow out of it is by being shown that such actions are not acceptable. Most people don't stop being lovely of their own accord, they need consequences to put up road blocks.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yawgmoth posted:

The only way she'll grow out of it is by being shown that such actions are not acceptable. Most people don't stop being lovely of their own accord, they need consequences to put up road blocks.

Uh, she didnt get to have her party and got grounded.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Meme Emulator posted:

Seriously, teenagers are dumb as hell. She didnt really mean it and will grow out of it, because thats what teens do, they grow up. Everyone ITT sounds like the people on reddit telling the woman who got put to bed by a 10 year old to call the police.

God I loved that story. The fact that it ends with "Well I was tired anyway so I went to sleep" is amazing

But I definitely don't see the 17 year old as being resentful or anything of her older sister staying at home. I just think she wanted to in the moment say something hurtful and this was the most hurtful thing she can think of

chitoryu12 posted:

My strategy is to get that arm under my pillow and then lay on it tucked between my shoulder and neck, hoping the pillow will keep my arm from getting stiff. And then in the morning being unable to move it for the first like fifteen minutes after waking up

Alternately, tucking it in against her back but I've never once been able to get comfortable enough to fall asleep that way

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 27, 2017

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Proteus Jones posted:

Dude, it's his gimmick. At first I thought it was just attempting to present the other side of the story as a hypothetical. But nope, he does it every single time he posts. And almost always relies on the 'evidence' that doesn't exist or logic that doesn't hold up.

He's trolling to get people to respond, then he gets to "win".

Just don't address him directly and don't look him in the eyes.

EDIT: Lol. For instance.

It's either "Don't take it personally" or "Okay then forever trash your relationship with your sister over it. She's a garbage irredeemable human being and OP would be better off without her in her life." He literally sees (or pretends to see) everything in black and white. There's no way his posts aren't deliberately worded to provoke.

Everything this guy wrote is stupid and wrong. If you are going to analyze people's posting styles, please do a better job. You may disagree with the opinions that ArbitraryC posts, this analysis is uhh... wrong. He's not a gimmick, and honestly the sheer number of people that claim that everyone they disagree with is a loving troll are dumb as poo poo.

Like, you guys believe all these posters are spending this much effort to gently caress with you and you're wise enough to see it?? Nobody knows who you are, nobody sits there and says "Ah yes I'm going to spend hours posting as my gimmick so I can fool guys like Proteus Jones and get him all care mad" this isn't SA from 5 years ago where you might even expect gimmicks. Is it a dumb joke? Or are you this dumb?

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 27, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

WampaLord posted:

My uncles (Ms50s) tried to set me up with someone (f24) even though I (m27) have a fiancee (f27) of 3 years.

Okay, so first off, gently caress the uncles for this, they are poo poo.

Second of all, dude, why would you give her your number and keep talking to her and never mention that you are engaged? "I can be dumb" lmao no poo poo.

This is the bizzaro version of the chick who you spend all night with at a party and then mentions her boyfriend as she's leaving.

I'm getting the impression maybe he didn't mention his fiancé because he was (mostly harmlessly) enjoying the attention, and then realised it went a bit too far with the number before and now his girl found out and now he's back peddling and Ahh Ahh better rewrite the undertones in this story so she doesn't kick my rear end.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also he's still hesitant to delete the number (because she has no friends here you see)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Everything this guy wrote is stupid and wrong. If you are going to analyze people's posting styles, please do a better job. You may disagree with the opinions that ArbitraryC posts, this analysis is uhh... wrong. He's not a gimmick, and honestly the sheer number of people that claim that everyone they disagree with is a loving troll are dumb as poo poo.

Like, you guys believe all these posters are spending this much effort to gently caress with you and you're wise enough to see it?? Nobody knows who you are, nobody sits there and says "Ah yes I'm going to spend hours posting as my gimmick so I can fool guys like Proteus Jones and get him all care mad" this isn't SA from 5 years ago where you might even expect gimmicks. Is it a dumb joke? Or are you this dumb?

I mean, some guy once had a 5-page derail apoplectic over a lady's nonsense nickname for her niece, so apparently there are no depths of human stupidity too low for this thread to sink to.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Straight White Shark posted:

I mean, some guy once had a 5-page derail apoplectic over a lady's nonsense nickname for her niece, so apparently there are no depths of human stupidity too low for this thread to sink to.

Yeah dude, people will disagree with things based on their own perspective, it's pretty incredible that everything has to be called a troll, a gimmick, or people being dumb. And it has to be done hundreds of times to all kinds of different posters. What's the point?

You're posting in a thread where people offer their takes on stuff, please don't get super upset that someone has a take you don't agree with. And if you genuinely believe they have this opinion on purpose to gently caress with you, that's genuinely idiotic.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Intruder posted:

Unironically agreed, at least when it comes to her sister. I've cut people out of my life for less than that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah dude, people will disagree with things based on their own perspective, it's pretty incredible that everything has to be called a troll, a gimmick, or people being dumb. And it has to be done hundreds of times to all kinds of different posters. What's the point?

You're posting in a thread where people offer their takes on stuff, please don't get super upset that someone has a take you don't agree with. And if you genuinely believe they have this opinion on purpose to gently caress with you, that's genuinely idiotic.

lol take a breath dude

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

fruit on the bottom posted:

lol take a breath dude

It's weird to see some guy do a writeup that says "this guy is a troll don't respond to his lovely troll posts" and it's made up crap, and everyone ignores it...? It's a bit much just because you disagree with someone's interpretation of a reddit story. Maybe it's time folks stop freaking out dozens of times a day that other people have opinions that are different than theirs?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The collectice agrees that ArbitraryC and Ham Sandwiches are pants on head retarded poo poo posters.

Sorry guys, that's your lot in life now. Maybe try another community and see if you fare better?

I mean. I wouldn't want to hang around. But I don't have a self harm obsession.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's weird to see some guy do a writeup that says "this guy is a troll don't respond to his lovely troll posts" and it's made up crap, and everyone ignores it...? It's a bit much just because you disagree with someone's interpretation of a reddit story. Maybe it's time folks stop freaking out dozens of times a day that other people have opinions that are different than theirs?

this guy is a troll don't respond to his lovely troll posts

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I [f/24] confronted my boyfriend [m/28] about his lovely best friend's [m/29] comments and he just undermined my feelings.

quote:

Throwaway as I don't want anyone in my personal life seeing this.

My boyfriend's best friend is a pretty crappy human being, or at least to me his. My boyfriend, his family and friends all think he's hilarious and a great person, but that's because they don't have to put up with the comments that I do. I guess he's smart enough to not make such stupid comments in front of some people.

Also, I've been with my boyfriend for 19 months.

A couple of months ago he made a comment about how he would have sex with women (non consensual) if there were no laws and therefore could get away with it.

Additionally, every single time we're together, he'll bring up women from their past, or someone he finds attractive and will ask my boyfriend if he would "gently caress her". RIGHT IN MY PRESENCE. My boyfriend just remains silent which pisses me off.

After this happened 484838 times, I finally got sick of it and confronted him about it, to which he undermined how I felt about it and told me he's only kidding and doesn't mean it. He actually got annoyed at me because how dare I insult his friend. I get it, they've been friends for over a decade, but such comments are making a mockery of me.

I used to not have a problem with the guy, but I find his behaviour disgusting. We were watching some fail videos, and he saw a woman in fishnet tights and made a remark about how "going out being dressed like that - she's just asking for it".

My boyfriend and i got into an argument because he was saying my attitude and my behaviour when I'm with his friend recently has been terrible (I'll roll my eyes at comments his friend makes and stay silent when he talks). I told him his friend is a lovely person and I can't stand for his comments or him. He replied with "So what he's my best friend" and I said "yeah and I'm your girlfriend" he followed this by saying "so?".

Anyways today, we tried to talk it out, he said next time he makes a comment like that he'll say something. I was still fuming and reminded him of the time he said "so" to me being his girlfriend and told him to get his priorities straight.

It just feels like he's completely disregarding my feelings. It makes me feel as if I'm overreacting but at the same time I absolutely cannot stand even being in his friend's presence. He told me that if I have a problem with him, I must have a problem with all of his friends because they're all like that. So is he trying to tell me all of his friends are crappy human beings? The guy is a drat alcoholic who drinks 24/7 and somehow thinks these comments are alright. He's 29, and acts likes he's a prepubescent boy.

Am I overreacting to this? Is it completely normal to just 100% defend your friend's lovely behaviour and seemingly always taking his side on things.

TLDR; boyfriend's best friend constantly makes lovely comments like asking my boyfriend if he would gently caress _enter name here, makes jokes about how some women deserve to be assaulted based on the clothes they wear and how he would do it if it was allowed. Boyfriend says he's only joking and doesn't say yes/no or anything to these comments.

"My partner has toxic friends that they won't stop seeing" is a sadly common tale on r/relationships.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

[edit]french riviera already posted!!!

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 27, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Everything you write is stupid and wrong, also your gimmick is weak and lame.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I don't think anyone could have come up with a more boring response than this, thank you for doing such a good job

Here's some reddit poo poo

You see it's the planning that's romantic, not the vacation or the person listening to you or remembering it or being proactive and doing it, it's booking the hotels and juggling airlines and he took that away from her.

Already posted on this very page

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Intruder posted:

Already posted on this very page

I missed it!! fark! I'll post another one

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I have a feeling this guy has done other crap that is much worse but turned to reddit this time because he doesn't look that awful

I [28M] lost the baby's [8 months] warm clothes when I was out. I had to go to my wife [29F] work for help and she's pissed at me because he was "as cold as ice". She told me to stay at my brothers place.

quote:

I just got to my brothers place and he's not here. I let myself in like he told me to do.

I hosed up today. It is a very cold day in Melbourne. I took him out today to a place called Melbourne Central. While I was in the food court I started to look for something I thought was in his pram. I took his blanket out because I thought it was under there. Long story short, I forgot his little bad of clothes and his blanket on the table. I went back to get it when I realized and it was gone. My wife works at this law firm in the city. I had to go down to her office. She came down to the lobby with a blanket from her car for him. She was pissed at me. She was saying look how upset he was. He stopped making moaning sounds when he had his blanket back.

She told me then she can't stand the sight of me because our son was as cold as ice. Told me she's had enough of this. Then told me to go stay with my brother and don't come home.

I believe this may be the very moment this lady lost respect for him in reddit post form

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I have a feeling this guy has done other crap that is much worse but turned to reddit this time because he doesn't look that awful

I [28M] lost the baby's [8 months] warm clothes when I was out. I had to go to my wife [29F] work for help and she's pissed at me because he was "as cold as ice". She told me to stay at my brothers place.

I believe this may be the very moment this lady lost respect for him in reddit post form

So he walked an uncovered, 8 month old baby, through the "very cold" weather, all the way to his wife's office? Like, he couldn't find a more ready solution like the jacket he was wearing, or any single article of clothing at a shop nearby that he could purchase, or some loving paper towels or the dead body of a homeless person?

What a dipshit.

Edit: I'm getting loving angry at that dude.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

blarzgh posted:

So he walked an uncovered, 8 month old baby, through the "very cold" weather, all the way to his wife's office? Like, he couldn't find a more ready solution like the jacket he was wearing, or any single article of clothing at a shop nearby that he could purchase, or some loving paper towels or the dead body of a homeless person?

What a dipshit.

Edit: I'm getting loving angry at that dude.

Reddit comments!!

quote:

Reddit: She told you she's had enough of this... How many times has something like this happened?

OP: I've hosed up before with him.

quote:

Reddit: Just wondering, why didn't you just buy him some new clothes? I'm not familiar with your location but it sounds like you were in a shopping centre? Or just... go home and get him different clothes? I'm confused about why you had to go to your wife's workplace.

OP: There was no baby store near by that I new off, and my wife's work was 10 minute walk away as apposed to a 20 minute drive home.

Reddit: Bullshit. Melbourne Central (a giant shopping centre) is adjacent to Emporium and QV (two other shopping centres). There are a number of options in all 3 to purchase baby clothes. I'm a mid twenties childless woman and I know this. You did not even remotely try to solve this yourself.

This guy seriously loving sucks and even dumping all details couldn't hide that fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yeah, even if there really were no option to replace the blanket or he were dead broke or w/e how do you not take off your own coat or do something other than freeze a tiny helpless human. Holy heck.

What even advice is he possibly looking for? Some magic words that will evaporate his wife's well-justified anger?