Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he's all in after seeing that sweet golf swing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

ManOfManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
3.0 no matter what is gonna be refined enough by his standards

Is the grey market still good? Like can you get your money back?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also lol, Star Citizen has players that deeply wish to rape other players and have incredibly complex social structures or to roleplay entire military organizations with thousand-page textbooks based off of World War 2 documentation the best and brightest in the 'verse.

But wanting to play a space janitor, that's hosed up man.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, procedural tech is nowhere near ready, netcode doesn't look like it'll improve greatly. It certainly isn't approaching MMO-levels of fidelity and, uh, 'other game mechanics' is not only vague but sets a neat line in the sand that one can easily backpedal from immediately.

Grey market is a sellers market at the moment. The grey market even existing is hilarious as gently caress.

What does this even mean at this point?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Who's buying this?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Jobbo_Fett posted:

l, Star Citizen has players that deeply wish to rape other players and

Well one is just the inevitable consequences of your choices and the other is an unsightly part of humanity that shouldn't be in game.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah. Who would ever want to play a space janitor.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Well one is just the inevitable consequences of your choices and the other is an unsightly part of humanity that shouldn't be in game.

Some of us are proud of our cleaning services.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Grey market is a sellers market at the moment. The grey market even existing is hilarious as gently caress.

What does this even mean at this point?
you can literally buy a cyclone from r/sc_trades for less than grabbing it from RSI

(which means its a buyers market I think, I get those terms confused all the time)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

Some of us are proud of our cleaning services.

The Mops of Auri-13 could use a dedicated person like yourself o7

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

you can literally buy a cyclone from r/sc_trades for less than grabbing it from RSI

(which means its a buyers market I think, I get those terms confused all the time)

Its a sellers market when you can undercut the people gifting you the ships you're selling. :ssh:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

Options

1. People having a lot of buyer's remorse and want to offload them for less than price.

2. Streamers/employees offloading under the table 'payments'

3. Stolen credit card fraud and extracting what cash they can.

All good for Star Citizen.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

To be honest, Space Quests are mostly poo poo.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

You got it right, I got it wrong.

Large amount of inventory for barely more than RSI charges (fees, etc). 400% seems an unlikely margin for the ship-heavy portfolio at the moment.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The Mops of Auri-13 could use a dedicated person like yourself o7

What's the dental like?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

3. Stolen credit card fraud and extracting what cash they can.

I suspect there's a certain amount of laundering going on because otherwise there's a lot of people simply flipping tumbrils for less than they paid for. I'm not saying that there isn't some elegant reasoning for it, but it's not 'making a profit'.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Breetai posted:

The last 4 years of r/dsmart and r/starcitizen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k

This guys videos are surprisingly interesting. This one is oddly relevant for SC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I love the one where an rpg party member dies and he's upset about the gear he's losing

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

What's the dental like?

Free, provided you use the cleaning supplies and various tools at your disposal as one of the best drat cleaners in the 'verse!

Otherwise, its after a probationary probationary period (probationary to join, then probationary for benefits). For reasons unknown to us, we can only set the coverage at 42% or 69%, depending on certain criteria.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Non consensual pvp = bad

Rape = inevitable consequence of piracy (good)

:downs:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hav posted:

What's the dental like?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pxaz5/pc_gamer_article_17/

quote:

they are working on a AI system like in A Shadow of Mordor (Nemesis System)

:negative:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

:airquote: assets :airquote:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

He didnt ask us to quote the poo poo out of that you loser. Learn to be a bit more frugal.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
It's all making sense now...

"Mr Bezos says he is selling about $1bn of Amazon stock every year to fund Blue Origin, the project he has founded to develop commercial space travel."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40304535

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Yes, at the moment the best way to get your money back is to just ask for a refund(tm). Grey market is just for suckers who still want in, and for those who somehow got a seriously discounted item in the first place and can still make a buck under CIG prices.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hahahahahahaha

its turning into yet another early access survival game

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

TheAgent posted:

its turning into yet another early access survival game
Groundbreaking!

Visionary!

Creatively bankrupt!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the worst one yet

i might have bought conan exiles but i wasn't dumb enough to buy star citizen :smuggo:

CE might be a real game someday at least, it's already far closer to one than SC will ever be

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

quote:

they are working on a AI system like in A Shadow of Mordor (Nemesis System)

AKA Chris played Shadow of Mordor for an hour and says "I want that." Remember when he was demanding all sorts of wizzbang cinematics like The Order:1866 or whatever?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

read about it or heard about it not played it, the man holds a gamepad like an old lady. he doesn't play games.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I think you'll find that this is good for Star Citizen.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The warframe guys have been trying to get a "nemesis" system in their game for years now and they have functional AI already. I'm wondering how long it'll take CIG.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The warframe guys have been trying to get a "nemesis" system in their game for years now and they have functional AI already. I'm wondering how long it'll take CIG.
warframe is actually pretty cool, they are really expanding the scope of the game over the last few years

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Kromlech posted:

yep, best drat space sim ever.

What's your av about?

Meridian posted:

Don't ask questions, commando.

Kromlech posted:

Did you really pee yourself on live television?

Meridian posted:

I think it is better that it remain a mystery.

I'll hazard a guess. The text says 'A meat eater pays the price for his disgusting eating habits.'
The photographed person had a date with a vegetarian, ordered a steak and things got out of hand. The vegetarian's drink ended on the photographed person's pants.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

warframe is actually pretty cool, they are really expanding the scope of the game over the last few years

I remember when it was one tileset (now called corpus ship), 1 enemy type and 3 frames. They have come a long a way and there's another huge update on the way that adds open world stuff.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
For people waiting for the Binky vid there's this one that's pretty good (if it hasn't been posted already which it probably has):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Hav posted:

Ironic Edit:
52 hours to go on the NDT Kickstarter pitch; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000580152/neil-degrasse-tyson-presents-space-odyssey-the-vid

I think this is going to 1.78 Star Citizens in entertainment quality should they raise the final $14K, so I've kicked in for the $5 'watch us implode' tier.

That thing is going to die even faster than Neal Stephenson's retarded kickstarter game.

"ManofManyAliases" on Jun 21, 2016 posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

"ManofManyAliases" on Jan 3, 2017 posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

MoMA, it looks like you post a golden "please quote my bullshit back to me" post every 6 months or so. I think you're due for another right about now. Come on, give us something.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

MilesK posted:

What the hell is the PVP community? Is the non PVP community the people who push the vending machines?

It's the Pushing Vending machines People.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think the term AI is really misused for video games because the enemies don't learn anything. It's just a bunch of pre-written patterns.

The Nemesis system really isn't A.I. either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Reminder that the 3.0 everyone is waiting for is not version 3.0 of a released game, but 3.0 of a loving PRE ALPHA. That's a lol every time.