Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Brain In A Jar posted:

I'd imagine resource cost, because all your mages are going to be Singularity anyway, so you'll be draining your essence to zero regardless.

Resource cost is not particularly useful for Trags with pets either if ever you switch builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

What's the easiest barbarian set dungeon to master, for the season quest? Happily grinding GRs with my Wastes barb, but trying to do both the "Rend 11 x 5" and "take no damage" in the set dungeon seems to be beyond my nerves. Have the other 6pcs waiting for testing once I'm fed up with spinning.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
IK. It's super easy. Don't even need good pieces or a particular skill setup.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nuebot posted:

The obvious solution is to make an act VI where the town is just a tiny cluster of artisans around the portal.

All the vendor NPCs will be scattered at least 30 seconds walk at max walk speed away.

I really want to get our own custom towns that we build up and arrange how we want. Like what Path of Exile has.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Brain In A Jar posted:

I'd imagine resource cost, because all your mages are going to be Singularity anyway, so you'll be draining your essence to zero regardless.
According to a skill analysis post on the b.net forums, resource cost reduction effectively increases the damage of Singularity mages. Whether that makes the affix worth keeping is a different question, but it does do something at least.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:v:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
No +max essence, salvage.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Is there any way to quickly reference a weapon's minimum and maximum damage range rolls? It seems really important to picking a good weapon but for some godforsaken reason the range doesn't appear when you hold down CTRL like it does for every other stat.

I tried the official game guide / wiki too, but it has ranges for the weapon at the minimum level it can drop, instead of at 70. :cripes:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Suspicious posted:

No +max essence, salvage.

I went with a max essence lidless and traded my cheat death for overwhelming. it'l get the job done for a bit. but yeah, not a great roll

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is there any way to quickly reference a weapon's minimum and maximum damage range rolls? It seems really important to picking a good weapon but for some godforsaken reason the range doesn't appear when you hold down CTRL like it does for every other stat.

I tried the official game guide / wiki too, but it has ranges for the weapon at the minimum level it can drop, instead of at 70. :cripes:

Ctrl does show it. If you're talking about the base damage of the weapon prior to the + 1300-1550 fire damage or whatever, it's always the same.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
#7 seasonal demon hunter on Xbox and everyone in front of me is rocking a primal or two :negative:

I bet I can leapfrog the dudes with an armor piece but the top guys have multiple ones or a weapon. Yikes.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Suspicious posted:

Ctrl does show it. If you're talking about the base damage of the weapon prior to the + 1300-1550 fire damage or whatever, it's always the same.

I am, but that explains it. Thank you!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Does anyone have an Asperger level guide to how the various +skill%, +element%, +damage, +mainstat bonuses affect damage?

I'm at the point where I need to understand this pretty well to push any higher, as half these don't filter into the dps display.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 30, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's weird, it should work using CTRL. You can also use a weapon reroll calculator and it will show them (http://rerollcalculator.com/).

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

That's weird, it should work using CTRL. You can also use a weapon reroll calculator and it will show them (http://rerollcalculator.com/).

See a few posts up, I didn't realize that the base damage is always the same and the added damage from the affix is auto-included.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

I've been trying out the Inarius build that's at the top of icy veins at the moment and I can't seem to get it to work. It seems to me like the setup doesn't have a whole lot of built in survivability, though it could be a classic case of inferior gear. Any suggestions?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I got to 70 solo in about 30 mins

Felt good the execute like that

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Nymix posted:

I've been trying out the Inarius build that's at the top of icy veins at the moment and I can't seem to get it to work. It seems to me like the setup doesn't have a whole lot of built in survivability, though it could be a classic case of inferior gear. Any suggestions?
The one that's specifically meant as a rift guardian DPS spec for group play? Yeah, I imagine that wouldn't be built for survivability so much.

You might get better responses if you post a profile link, but generally speaking the necro's pet builds all are fairly squishy.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Still haven't found a Golden Flense yet. I've basically used every single Deaths Breath on upgrading 2H Flails but I'm still just getting poo poo for salvage.
This is kind of a problem, since it means I need to have a generator, which means I can't use Iron Skin so my survivability is kind of iffy, particularly if I get a lovely rift where my Sweep Attack stacks fall off.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok so I've basically got this worked out.

• Fresh Level 70, in all yellows, with appropriate starter build: Torment 1

• 2 PC Set Bonus: Torment 2-3

• 4 PC Set Bonus: Torment 4-5

• 6 PC Set Bonus: Torment 6-7

• 6 PC + Jewelry OR Support Items: Torment 8-9

• 6 PC + Jewelry AND Support Items: Torment 10-11

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Lvl 25 Legendary Gems: Torment 12-13

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Legendary Gems + Augments: GR 70+

Unless anyone thinks I'm way off I'm throwing this in the OP.

I have questions about Attack Speed and Pets. I have Attack Speed on my Scythe, my Gloves and a Ring. obviously the ring should be CHC/CHD but does having any attack speed matter if you have Tasker & Theo in the cube? This is regarding bloodmages. I want to know if those are all wasted rolls now.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nymix posted:

That build is specifically designed to be played in a four man group that spends the grift debuffing baddies and supporting DPS until the end, then it turns into Boss Killer mode and single target spams the boss the death.

Go with the Rath or Trag mage builds or the Ina corpse lance build.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so I've basically got this worked out.

• Fresh Level 70, in all yellows, with appropriate starter build: Torment 1

• 2 PC Set Bonus: Torment 2-3

• 4 PC Set Bonus: Torment 4-5

• 6 PC Set Bonus: Torment 6-7

• 6 PC + Jewelry OR Support Items: Torment 8-9

• 6 PC + Jewelry AND Support Items: Torment 10-11

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Lvl 25 Legendary Gems: Torment 12-13

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Legendary Gems + Augments: GR 70+

Unless anyone thinks I'm way off I'm throwing this in the OP.

i mean it definitely depends. some 2/4pcs are huge power boosts, but DMO is garbage before 6pc. but probably generally true

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Most builds don't need ancients or augments to do 70, just optimized builds with all of the right pieces and a bit of patience. If you mean to efficiently and quickly farm, then yeah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingturnip posted:

Still haven't found a Golden Flense yet. I've basically used every single Deaths Breath on upgrading 2H Flails but I'm still just getting poo poo for salvage.
This is kind of a problem, since it means I need to have a generator, which means I can't use Iron Skin so my survivability is kind of iffy, particularly if I get a lovely rift where my Sweep Attack stacks fall off.

I got mine from kadala

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Antares posted:

i mean it definitely depends. some 2/4pcs are huge power boosts, but DMO is garbage before 6pc. but probably generally true

Yeah Rathma for instance does no real damage on its own before the 6p, but does give survivability.

(and you really need Jesseth to make it work for you)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Wiard is a funny class getting geared up because I could probably solo T10 or higher with my DPS but T8 and up just splatters me. None of my other characters have ever outrun their own durability so quickly before.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is there any way to influence what kind of rift you get at all? I'm trying to clear a Torment X rift in 6 minutes but dang I keep getting really lovely spread out rifts with almost no elite guys. Just one good bloodmarsh map would be aces.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

VodeAndreas posted:

Yeah Rathma for instance does no real damage on its own before the 6p, but does give survivability.

(and you really need Jesseth to make it work for you)
And you certainly don't need ancients, augments, or even particularly high level gems to beat down a 75 with it. Rathma's is maybe a bit of an outlier in that regard, though.

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

kingturnip posted:

This is basically me, I'm over p400 now and spent pretty much every DB I've gotten on upgrading 2H flails without any success.

In the interim I'm comfortably and rapidly clearing T12 with this shield bash/glare build which you probably also have most things for by now.

loving flense!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Is there any way to influence what kind of rift you get at all? I'm trying to clear a Torment X rift in 6 minutes but dang I keep getting really lovely spread out rifts with almost no elite guys. Just one good bloodmarsh map would be aces.

Nope, when you're trying for fast rifts sometimes it's easier to just walk back out if you get a bad map or low density.

Faster to quit and remake game than clear the Rift, unless you need the materials etc anyway.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just meant that in general I see a lot of people asking about where they could and should be based on gear and I think that's a pretty good "If you have X, then you should be cruising through Y" type of thing. obviously in a game with 28-35 different TXIII viable builds that won't be a hard and fast ruling, but I feel like this holds true for 2-3 builds across each class.

If anyone has a handy master file of CDR/Critical Hit/Attack Speed breakpoints by class I would loving die to have that handy in some sort of convenient spreadsheet format.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
For the basic Wizard Tal build, and the Tal-Vyr build, is there any reason to have my Manald Heal on my finger vs. in the Cube? I finally got one, but it's middling, and for the former it seems more worth it to have my better rolled Halo of Arlyse on my finger, and for the latter I'll keep looking for a better Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.

In short -- for both current Tal builds, I should just have my best rings on hand and whatever rolled poorly in the Cube -- there isn't a specific ring I need to have on hand (other than Compass Rose) -- right?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

bio347 posted:

And you certainly don't need ancients, augments, or even particularly high level gems to beat down a 75 with it. Rathma's is maybe a bit of an outlier in that regard, though.
I honestly feel like it might be a little too good almost, compared to what the other classes can do at a similar level of gearing. A Rathma build may be squishy and the spammy playstyle may be a turnoff to some players, but holy hell does it absolutely delete anything in its path with almost comical ease.

Which is not to say I want to see it nerfed, but like you said it's definitely an outlier.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

VodeAndreas posted:

Nope, when you're trying for fast rifts sometimes it's easier to just walk back out if you get a bad map or low density.

Faster to quit and remake game than clear the Rift, unless you need the materials etc anyway.

I usually just clear it unless it's complete garbage because more loot is always good, I might get a decent upgrade or get some death breath so I can pray for an ancient upgrade.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Whats the best move forward if I have all the right items I need for hammerdin (or I guess any build) theyre just kinda mediocre/poor rolls. should I be just doing bounties to re-roll all my existing stuff or what. I can pretty comfortably clear grift 50 solo, havent tried past that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

power botton posted:

Whats the best move forward if I have all the right items I need for hammerdin (or I guess any build) theyre just kinda mediocre/poor rolls. should I be just doing bounties to re-roll all my existing stuff or what. I can pretty comfortably clear grift 50 solo, havent tried past that.

Crush neph rifts to get random set pieces that might be better, and grifts every once in a while. Use your accumulated blood shards to gamble on your weakest armor pieces. Find 3 buds to do bounty splits to reroll a weapon that has a lovely cube upgrade chance, but always have two before you start rerolling the worse one.

If you have something that's good odds from upgrading rares in the cube, that's much cheaper to do in the long run.

You can be smart about gambling blood shards on only 25 cost items and properly upgrading rares or rerolling for targeted items, but really it comes down to playing the game a lot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Paragon 650 with no Slanderer. 1.5% chance on upgrading a rare sword here I COME

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah I come.

Can't obtain my equipment.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Nuebot posted:

I usually just clear it unless it's complete garbage because more loot is always good, I might get a decent upgrade or get some death breath so I can pray for an ancient upgrade.

Yeah but the idea is that the loot will be literally exactly as good, but you'll be contributing to another RG, so more blood and GR keystones. It doesn't make any sense to check the next floor because that has the same chance at being a good floor as a fresh rift, but without the benefit of building up your RG meter.

Clearing anything except Graveyard, blood swamp and super jail is just not as efficient as starting over, full stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hell yeah I come.

Can't obtain my equipment.

:golfclap: