Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

The two guys in today's cartoon are explaining the view of early Marxist Zionist Dov Ber Borochov. He argued that Russian society (and others) was built like a three-layered pyramid. The massive base was made up of the oppressed peasants. The tiny top layer were the Kings. With time the angry peasants would rebel and overthrow the King, so the Kings built a buffer layer to protect themselves from the peasants. The Jews were this in-between layer. When the anger of the peasants rose, their violence was directed against the Jews (who, by the King's rules were banned from professions which would allow them to escape the buffer layer above the peasant class). Peasants would direct their anger against the Jews instead of the King. After sufficient blood-letting, the murderous anti-Jewish pogroms were stopped by the King, restoring the stability of the pyramid, the safety of the king, feeding the antisemitic hatred of the peasants, and keeping the Jews in "their place" as tools of the King.

Our job is now to fight back against our being trapped in the Borochovian pyramid. One way to prepare yourself for the task ahead is to buy a copy of Dry Bones Cartoons Fight Back.:laffo:

Stiglich posted:

JCPenney is closing three area stores, including Philadelphia Mills (formerly Franklin Mills). Would anyone like to buy some stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_a11bkPyk

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

McCain is lookin' kinda dumb

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Look, you can either use the original words or alter them to match the current situation. Either works here. Trying to do both makes this sound stupid.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Enjoying Kirschen quoting a Marxist.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Kirschen going hard on the copy-paste feature

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

ZDar Fan posted:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ZDar Fan posted:

Well, he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The A-4 seems oddly specific. I wonder if this started out as a McCain cartoon.

Alhazred posted:

Franz Kafka.

That must be why the picture is creeping across the wall.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Well, he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Hey, now.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"Islam is garbage."

-Yakov Kirschen

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trogdos! posted:

These are a few days old.

I agree, gently caress conservatives.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I don't really follow

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

frankenfreak posted:

Nice stuff, even if the metaphor doesn't quite hold up in all of them (especially Bennett's). It's not the strength of the ACA that prevented its repeal.

No, I think it is. If it hadn't done so much good for people over the last few years, then there wouldn't be a massive uprising when they tried to repeal it. Of course, they were helped by McConnell shooting himself in the foot and Trump not being arsed to do anything about it.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone run with a "scary" pun before. I guess it's okay.

It's better than endlessly pointing out that his name sounds like a word from a Queen song.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Reminded me of this.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

King Possum III posted:

Reminded me of this.

I'm the Scrooge McDuck-esque bag of money

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Dork457 posted:

I don't really follow

He had the obit cartoon ready to go but forgot that McCain is a strong soldier man who can defeat brain cancer by crashing planes into it

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dork457 posted:

I don't really follow

McCain escaped death long enough to doom Trump's attempted repeal of the ACA.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dork457 posted:

I don't really follow

McCain's tumour was a near-death experience, meaning Death had to have a near-McCain experience, but he lost his car keys and took this long to get there.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fulchrum posted:

Hey, now.
You got cancer

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tucker Carlson is either the world's stupidest man or the world's most disingenuous, and that face he pulls makes me think it's the former.

That he still has a career after Jon Stewart dunked on him so hard they cancelled his CNN show is beyond comprehension.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Neodoomium posted:

Tucker Carlson is either the world's stupidest man or the world's most disingenuous, and that face he pulls makes me think it's the former.

Did I Just poo poo Myself?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Selachian posted:

It's a Walking Dead joke, in case you're wondering why Collins is depicted as a black woman.

This kicks rear end

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

That he still has a career after Jon Stewart dunked on him so hard they cancelled his CNN show is beyond comprehension.

according to a Vox piece, he's now sucking up to white nationalists in a way ol' Bill never did (Tucker has his spot now) so he'll have a guaranteed base as long as he can keep shouting about immigrants.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Also he has Canadian conservative MPs on to express outrage at how Trudeau actually believes brown people deserve human rights.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Recap: The mountain trip didn't work nad Else broke up with Tove:

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

General Specific is too busy to talk to his fellow Generals and Trump and has other things to do. A Sheep in the Big City cartoon.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I made a good decision to come back to this thread, lmao.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MageMage posted:

This kicks rear end

This metaphor only works if Rick goes back and helps the zombies after no one is looking.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Dogs: Smarter than Bruce Tinsley and Ben Shapiro

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm glad you left the sound effects untranslated...actually are those from Swedish or Finnish?

edit: translating Swedish -> Finnish -> English is a hell of a rocky road, going from one language family to another and then back. It's like going from English to Icelandic but with Japanese in the middle, isn't it?

Theres a Romulan -> Klingon -> Vulcan joke in here somewhere. We cant truly appreciate this. Thanks! :)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

"THEY SAY YoU SHouLD FIND A, DOG YOURE COMPATiBLE WitH..."

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 31, 2017

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I don't even get what this is supposed to be saying. How do you get from UC Berkeley and Ben Shapiro to talking about compatibility with dogs?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I don't even get what this is supposed to be saying. How do you get from UC Berkeley and Ben Shapiro to talking about compatibility with dogs?

dart board; Old Crow

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The 'joke' is that Drinky Duck has mistaken 'compatibility' as it might pertain to a dog with ideological compatibility. It is funny, ha-ha.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

"THEY SAY YoU SHouLD FIND A, DOG YOURE COMPATiBLE WitH..."

What kind of freak can't get along with any puppy the moment they meet them? Dogs are like some of the easiest creatures to get along with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Compatible with your lifestyle is what they mean, like if you get a super high energy dog that needs 2+ walks a day, you're going to need to be the type of person who can walk their dog 2x a day.

A better example is that some dogs are bred to love 1 human, and 1 human only. They don't like it when bad things happen to that human, and if something seems to distress that human they try to remove that obstacle. That obstacle can be anything, including your newborn baby's whining face.

e: Though that says a lot about one's lifestyle choices that 2 walks a day sounds like an arduous task.

• Locked thread