Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I can't loving believe this it's incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

empty whippet box posted:

I didn't think trump would ever top how hard he poo poo on chris christie, but here we are.
Trump's treatment of Christie is one of the very few issues where I'm forced to say that Donald Trump is doing a fine job that I think we can all be proud of.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Rick Perry still employed.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
https://twitter.com/shambibble/status/892097590115926017

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

If Spicer gets his job back this statement will be incredible.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Rabble posted:

Rick Perry knows where the nukes are.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Pakled posted:

Getting Kelly in as Chief of Staff may actually strengthen the Trump Administration in the long run. By all accounts, he seems to be competent, and Trump doesn't hate him and take every opportunity to belittle him like he did Reince.

At this point I've given up on worrying that this adminstration is going to suddenly pivot into competency. It won't. Trump himself is the source of the the chaos and as long as he's there this admin will continue to lurch from scandal to scandal with no overarching strategy or plan of any sort.

This isn't to say they can't cause damage, they can, just not the kind that takes careful planning or messaging.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What even is this White House anymore like lmao

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

disjoe posted:

Does The Mooch's short tenure break some sort of record?
According to wikipedia he upset the previous record by one day.

The previous shortest stint of Comm Dir. was this guy:

quote:

In 1987, Koehler, who was friends with Ronald Reagan, became the White House Communications Director.[1] However, Koehler resigned after just one week in the White House after it became public that he had been a member of the Deutsches Jungvolk, a Nazi government youth division, when he was just ten years old.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

This afternoon just got extremely good.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rabble posted:

I'm not convinced Rick Perry is worse than Spencer Abraham was.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Uh huh, and I'm sure Priebus resigned the night before and definitely wasn't fired on the tarmac

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDFHgmWweY

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Arpaio. Mooch's firing is short term entertainment but there are fears this means John Kelly is bringing some professionalism and efficiency to the WH which would suck for the country

Pretty sure they said this about Reince too. You cannot contain the flaming hot garbage until you get rid of Trump.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Krispy Kareem posted:

Fox News is showing a bunch of Scaramucci footage and at one point he's walking past a snowbank.

He's been on the job for 10 days in the middle of Summer. Serious question, where did he go where there was snow?

Given everything that has gone on in the last half year, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Hell.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Bhaal posted:

According to wikipedia he upset the previous record by one day.

The previous shortest stint of Comm Dir. was this guy:

Wow, he beat a literal Nazi

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Lol at all of you who are prognosticating a competency turn from Trump now that Kelly is in. Haven't some of you been waiting for that turn since uh...the primarys ended?

Trump will stab Kelly in the back just like he'll stab everyone but Ivanka. And maybe even her.

He only cares about himself, his ego, his name in lights, his picture on the front page, etc. No one else matters. It's that easy to understand.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/891046321087537154

not even from today!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/Oatmeal/status/892098025211912193

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm not convinced Rick Perry is worse than Spencer Abraham was.

It's my theory that the only person who will survive Trump's wrath is Rick Perry.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I need to hear from Mooch, I need to know his thoughts.....

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Krispy Kareem posted:

Fox News is showing a bunch of Scaramucci footage and at one point he's walking past a snowbank.

He's been on the job for 10 days in the middle of Summer. Serious question, where did he go where there was snow?
That was actually his massive personal pile of cocaine.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Hahahaha.... selling off his job, wife left him and now this. Trump REALLY hates when someone takes away his face time.Tell all in the pipeline. I bet Mooch is going to throw venom this week.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Watching alt-right people get mad on twitter is fun

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/892096887934787584

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Hastings posted:

Hahahaha.... selling off his job, wife left him and now this. Trump REALLY hates when someone takes away his face time.Tell all in the pipeline. I bet Mooch is going to throw venom this week.

Seriously hope he didn't sign a NDA.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

disjoe posted:

Wow, he beat a literal Nazi

Hitler Youth. When you're ten years old you don't get the blame for that poo poo and you don't have a choice.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/892091870855270400

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pakled posted:

Getting Kelly in as Chief of Staff may actually strengthen the Trump Administration in the long run. By all accounts, he seems to be competent, and Trump doesn't hate him and take every opportunity to belittle him like he did Reince.

Trump turns on everyone eventually. It's in his narcissistic nature. Doesn't matter if you are competent or not, especially since Trump is terrified of being seen as inferior to anyone who works for him. Competency and being seen as good puts you at even greater risk of being fired.

Kelly's going to have a nice honeymoon period and then everything will go down hill for him.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Can y'all repost the congratulations loss.jpg again please?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reminder that The Mooch threw out his marriage to work for Trump, the dumb rear end sycophant

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Everyone should remember, though:

quote:

It was not clear whether Mr. Scaramucci will remain employed at the White House in another position or will leave altogether.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just move him somewhere else

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I did a thing, probably poorly, but I did it anyway:

If I had any skill I'd change the faces, but alas.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

He's your new comms director. The circle of life will be complete.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

The rate of hiring and firing is growing at an exponential rate

Soon every American citizen will exist in a quantum state of simultaneously working for and not working for the Trump administration

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump turns on everyone eventually. It's in his narcissistic nature. Doesn't matter if you are competent or not, especially since Trump is terrified of being seen as inferior to anyone who works for him. Competency and being seen as good puts you at even greater risk of being fired.

Kelly's going to have a nice honeymoon period and then everything will go down hill for him.
Nah, this time the scorpion will let the frog get to the other side of the river.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry what happened I was too busy arguing with tankies in the Venezuela thread...

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

disjoe posted:

The rate of hiring and firing is growing at an exponential rate

Soon every American citizen will exist in a quantum state of simultaneously working for and not working for the Trump administration

Schroedinger's President.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Xarthor posted:

Trump will stab Kelly in the back just like he'll stab everyone but Ivanka. And maybe even her.
He's made it clear that he wants to stab Ivanka in the back and in the front.

With his Trump-stump.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Haha, this makes the posts from this morning where people were musing that it would be a slow week much more humorous in retrospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

RiggenBlaque posted:

Everyone should remember, though:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just move him somewhere else

given that the COS insisted on shooting him in the face as a condition of taking the job and that, theoretically, new hires would go through the COS, it seems unlikely there's another position waiting for him

• Locked thread