Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I just want that pizza cutter sword for DRK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
What is the pizza cutter sword even supposed to be? Theres art of Marche with the same weapon, but as far as I know its not in the games.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

BrightWing posted:

What is the pizza cutter sword even supposed to be? Theres art of Marche with the same weapon, but as far as I know its not in the games.

It's a judge sword. You can see it in the Bishop's Judge ability.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

BrightWing posted:

Iirc it's the weapon Judges use in FFTA.

e:f;b

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's probably more ceremonial than anything, I don't think anyone actually uses one to fight and you never get one yourself in either Advance game.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

When I first played Tactics Advance I thought the Judges had really cool armor designs and were totally wasted on their bizarre role - surely such a name and design would be better used on a group of elite enforcers carrying out sentences directly! Anyway, FFXII came out and I felt validated.

To the point, Square needs to include Judge armor for players in Return to Ivalice, or I'm going to threaten to unsub on the forums but then not actually unsub.

the garleans basically wear judge armor anyways

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Zinkraptor posted:

To the point, Square needs to include Judge armor for players in Return to Ivalice, or I'm going to threaten to unsub on the forums but then not actually unsub.

As someone who tries desperately to make every glamour into a walking deathtank made out of sheet metal, PLEASE.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

RME posted:

the garleans basically wear judge armor anyways

They do, but I can't wear their armor either. I'm also not a huge fan of the colors over the regular metal color of Ivalice judge armor.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rainuwastaken posted:

As someone who tries desperately to make every glamour into a walking deathtank made out of sheet metal, PLEASE.

There is almost certainly going to be some kind of Legate-like class when we eventually arrive in the Empire to clean things up.

I hope and pray Nero and/or Gaius are major NPCs involved.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Why didn't you call out the honest healer

Vargatron posted:

Can anyone link the preferred melds and role abilities for WAR at 70? I hit level cap over the weekend and this is the first time I've actually looked at melding.

Also, what's the preferable gear path now? Just run dungeons for tomestones?

Are you doing savage omega? If so tenacity > dh > crit=det > ss, if not, then DH > crit=det > ss

For role abilities you want rampart, Shirk, provoke, reprisal and convalescense

I remove Shirk if I'm in single tank content and add low blow so I can stun telegraphed cleaves

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You keep Low Blow on in single player content because kicking robots in the junk is hilarious and no other reason.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

In 4-person content I take Rampart, Convalescence, Anticipation, Awareness, and Ultimatum. Anticipation and Awareness are good for turbopulls and the increased cooldown on Ultimatum doesn't matter.

Also I meld tenacity/crit on my tank just because it's way less expensive than DH.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

vOv posted:

In 4-person content I take Rampart, Convalescence, Anticipation, Awareness, and Ultimatum. Anticipation and Awareness are good for turbopulls and the increased cooldown on Ultimatum doesn't matter.

Also I meld tenacity/crit on my tank just because it's way less expensive than DH.

You can get endless cracked clusters by running leveling roulette.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ImpAtom posted:

You keep Low Blow on in single player content because kicking robotsanything in the junk is hilarious and no other reason.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Low Blow is good but I think on Monk the dick kick should be more refined and classy, considering it's the martial arts class. They should mo cap some MMA dick kicks for it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also true.

I use Low Blow on Zenos every single time even if it is meaningless because it is hilarious.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

apostateCourier posted:

Yeah but I'm too lazy to do that and besides I'd probably just sell the DH VIs and buy Tenacity VIs anyway :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just got XIV. Started off as a Thaumaturge and now I'm Level 22. Or was it 23? Either way, I'm having fun.

But ugh, man, looking at those toads freaks me out. Did they have to give them a tongue yank move, too, that puts you even CLOSER to them. :cry:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

vOv posted:

Anticipation is the new Foresight.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Countblanc posted:

has anyone pointed out that Marche, the protagonist of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance, eventually destroys an escapist fantasy world which results in his then-ablebodied brother Doned to become wheelchair-bound once more?

That's kinda bullshit though, because the grimoire transformed everyone against their will. It's not exactly ok to gently caress over everyone just for the sake of someone not being bound to a wheelchair.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

apostateCourier posted:

99% of the time. I ran an LDR the other day and I was confused when I got no cracked cluster. Turns out Healers were in demand for that moment.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

99% of the time. I ran an LDR the other day and I was confused when I got no cracked cluster. Turns out Healers were in demand for that moment.

Does it base the cluster on whether your role was in demand when you queued, or when you actually went in? I haven't been able to tell for certain.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 31, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It's when you queue.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I never played FFT so all i really know about it from FFRK and brave exvius: it's weirdly popular for whatever reason, and its characters have some really dumb names (loving Mustadio)

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I accidentally deleted my account a few months ago, I intended to just unsub.
Am I completely hosed?
The faq says to log into mog station and reactivate it, but I can't log in :(

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
Could I get some recommendations for slower-paced classes? I have dumb hands and I'm trying to branch out of White Mage into the other roles.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

UHD posted:

I never played FFT so all i really know about it from FFRK and brave exvius: it's weirdly popular for whatever reason, and its characters have some really dumb names (loving Mustadio)

We can't all be called Lolorito Nanarito.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why is the animation for Shoulder Tackle a gut punch and the Steel Peak animation a shoulder tackle? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Thundarr posted:

Does it base the cluster on whether your role was in demand when you queued, or when you actually went in? I haven't been able to tell for certain.

As a tank, I queued with a healer when healer was the role in need. We both got cracked clusters at the end so I think if you're it when you queue you'll get one, and if it switches to your role by the end of the dungeon you'll also get one.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Archyduke posted:

That is a proud and noble potato name :colbert:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

remigious posted:

Am I completely hosed?

You're probably hosed but ask support just in case.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Archyduke posted:

I can't be the only one that thinks this sounds like a fan-made brand of Dorito's, right?

To say nothing of a certain other Lalafell.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 31, 2017

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is the animation for Shoulder Tackle a gut punch and the Steel Peak animation a shoulder tackle? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

At this point I think it's Yoship loving with us MNKs.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

There's a Dalmasca on Hydaelyn, you loving maroons.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's a Dalmasca on Hydaelyn, you loving maroons.

But what if it's 1:1 to FFXII's Dalmasca and not a totally new and original thing?! I can't handle another Final Fantasy reference in FFXIV!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope we get to see the Ivalice version of moogles. I think I like their look more than the normal variety.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

remigious posted:

Am I completely hosed?

I did the very same thing when I wanted to come back for the Heavensward launch after not playing since ARR 2.3 or something. Ask support and they should be able to restore your deleted character as they did for me. No promises though, but best of luck. :ohdear:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Are those guys sitting in the piss pond :shepface:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Edward_Lapine posted:

I did the very same thing when I wanted to come back for the Heavensward launch after not playing since ARR 2.3 or something. Ask support and they should be able to restore your deleted character as they did for me. No promises though, but best of luck. :ohdear:

Woo I got my account back! I called customer support and they were very nice and helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mango Polo posted:

That's kinda bullshit though, because the grimoire transformed everyone against their will. It's not exactly ok to gently caress over everyone just for the sake of someone not being bound to a wheelchair.

FFT:A gets a lot of poo poo for having dumb battle rules and such, but I thought the story was really good. The struggle Marche had to go through seeing all his friends and family enjoying themselves in this fantasy world, but knowing it's all an illusion, and an escape for the troubled Mewt. The fact that some people take away from the story the idea that Marche is being an rear end in a top hat for shattering the fantasy and forcing everyone back to the real world is interesting to me. It's fun to get away and play video games, or read books or watch movies, that take your mind of your troubles for a little while, but you can't run from real life forever. It's kind of sad, but it's an important message.

Xun posted:

Are those guys sitting in the piss pond :shepface:

I think there's an NPC who explains "The Latrine" is just a name they gave it to try and keep people away from a prime fishing spot.