Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Already you are conflating me as part of a nonexistent "you guys".

centrists. you're very existent, and i've been calling you one all day cause you support centrists, centrist policies, and centrist politicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

evilweasel posted:

i gave comprehensive answers to your arguments that treated you like an adult, you ignored them and have now chosen to pretend they don't exist, so i'm just going to call you a moron rather than repeat putting in effort to explain why you're wrong again when all you can muster are to repeat the same stupid things i already debunked, but with less detail

Talking with condiv.txt

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hmm, what was evilweasel arguing?

evilweasel posted:

I have no idea how they picked which democrat to support, but it is absolutely the right decision to pick only one given how the special election (a jungle primary) works. If you want to tell me one of the other ones running is a better pick and why, I'm interested. If there was a separate primary and the DNC spent resources to intervene there I'd consider that a waste in almost all circumstances, but since it's a jungle primary (a) they need to make sure a Democrat is one of the top-two and (b) they desperately want to win it outright by getting 50% instead of going to a second election while the Republicans are fractured. Both make it the right thing to do to pick the strongest candidate and put all of the DNC's backing behind them. If the DNC picked a weaker candidate in this election because of DNC ties, that's bad, but I've seen nothing to that effect.

Plus, that he worked as an aide to Lewis is a pretty big plus in my book. I have no idea who Johnson is because I know little to nothing about Georgia politics or politicians but I'm going to go with the guy Lewis endorsed in most circumstances.

oh

wow he turned out to be completely wrong.

ossoff was real bad and incompetent and couldn't improve upon a made up democrat

every other special election dem outperformed him but virtually all dem support went to the rich guy who hung out with the dem leadership

but he sure took a condescending tone while being wrong so yronic looks up to him

Condiv fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 31, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oolala a tone argument.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

yronic heroism posted:

Oolala a tone argument.

Can you write at least one post that isn't garbage, please?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv should love ossoff since he tried real hard and wouldn't endorse Nancy pelosi.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I guess that's a no.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jizz Festival posted:

Can you write at least one post that isn't garbage, please?

Well, he may need some of the people in this thread to lead by example.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Condiv should love ossoff since he tried real hard and wouldn't endorse Nancy pelosi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rMVNC5l4IM

:lol:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it only makes sense yronic heroism thinks ossoff ran a good campaign

yronic probably dances to fight song every morning

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

who are the idiots taking Pelosi's words at face value, please line up against that wall over there

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Former DILF posted:

who are the idiots taking Pelosi's words at face value, please line up against that wall over there

And we're right back to screaming "LYING WHORE!!!!!!!!" to justify your feeling of persecution.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I hadn't watched this until right now. Centrist dems are retarded xd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhND2kUsC4M

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

And we're right back to screaming "LYING WHORE!!!!!!!!" to justify your feeling of persecution.

Oh no! After 8 years of establishment dems letting wall Street skate after a big crisis, supporting charter school, trying to sign Grand Bargains with loony republicans, letting the GOP fiddle with the ACA over a hundred times in exchange for ZERO votes for it, and basically bleeding the party white ntul it's a walking skeleton, you mean there may be some resentment and distrust among the base?

I better hope that all of the above happened as a result of persecuting the left. The alternative is that the DLC and the top dogs did it either because they support it, which is vile, or because they are failures, which is tragic.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

your sexism is showing fulchrum

what is it with centrists and hating women?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NewForumSoftware posted:

your sexism is showing fulchrum

what is it with centrists and hating women?

Is this the gender variation on "calling me for my racism is the REAL racism" BS that shitheads like to use? That your endless accusation that women who lead the party are liars who just want to hurt you is somehow just a total coincidence?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

That your endless accusation that women who lead the party are liars who just want to hurt you is somehow just a total coincidence?

You seem to be the one claiming that Pelosi doesn't mean what she's saying, aka lying. We're all taking her at her word, she views the 2018 midterms as unimportant.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Is this the gender variation on "calling me for my racism is the REAL racism" BS that shitheads like to use?

It def is, check out the tears when he got called out on using slavery as a prop.

He literally did a "sorry I care so much" white fragility flounce.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Is this the gender variation on "calling me for my racism is the REAL racism" BS that shitheads like to use? That your endless accusation that women who lead the party are liars who just want to hurt you is somehow just a total coincidence?

No I think it was the part where he was using the word 'whore' as a slur for women

yronic heroism posted:

It def is, check out the tears when he got called out on using slavery as a prop.

He literally did a "sorry I care so much" white fragility flounce.

But Hillary did own slaves?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

twodot posted:

If a political party can only reach a 60% consensus on a political issue, then it doesn't seem like it can be much of a party plank. Like 60% of the party being in favor of, for example, abortion rights would seem like a serious issue with the party.

Only if the other 40% is straight up opposed. If it's 60% support, 20% doesn't give a poo poo and 20% oppose then frankly those opposed are outnumbered 3 to 1.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

call to action posted:

No I think it was the part where he was using the word 'whore' as a slur for women

Yeah, she did. She wrote about what a positive experience having slaves was in a book.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

call to action posted:

Repeat after me: "if he cared about slavery he wouldn't excuse Donald Trump practicing it."

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

what's sexist about

quote:

you're the one calling her a whore for some reason, just not a good look really

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

Just for the record, I'm not opposing to disbarring anyone who voted for a slaveholder in 2016 to ever vote again in a presidential election.

Maybe we'll get a non-slaveowner as a major party nominee in 2020.

According to NFS, Trump is a non-slaveowner so I guess he's dropped the pretense.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NewForumSoftware posted:

what's sexist about

you're the one calling her a whore for some reason, just not a good look really

Why do you think that just removing the dog whistling BS and putting what you really feel is somehow a reflection of me?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

Why do you think that just removing the dog whistling BS and putting what you really feel is somehow a reflection of me?

where's the dog whistling bs?

yronic heroism posted:

According to NFS, Trump is a non-slaveowner so I guess he's dropped the pretense.

try reading it again, this time with more comprehension

they were both slaveowners

NewForumSoftware fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 1, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

where's the dog whistle?

The part where you endorse Trump and defend voting for Trump hth.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

The part where you endorse Trump and defend voting for Trump hth.

endorsing trump is a dog whistle for hating women?

i think you may have broken your own brain in an attempt at sick ownage, seek assistance good friend

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

yronic heroism posted:

Repeat after me: "if he cared about slavery he wouldn't excuse Donald Trump practicing it."

I know this is from a million pages ago but nobody excused Donald Trump for his actions. The same idiots that always try to bring up me voting for Trump to discredit everything I post and derail the thread, for the millionth time, got a humorous comeback of 'at least he didn't vote for a slaveowner' from somebody. So, of course, that idiot tried to go on the offensive of 'b-b-but Trump built a hotel in Dubai so technically he used slave labor too :ohdear:' and somehow that has morphed into disingenuous shitheads like yourself using it as a battle cry days later despite nobody doing the thing you claimed has happened.

I haven't said it. The guy who made a joke defense for me didn't say it. The regulars didn't say it. And guess what? Even if we all did, that still doesn't excuse Hillary Clinton's behavior.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Don't even try with the purity squad, if the Dems wanted single payer and mincome tomorrow they'd still be mad. Just come in to laugh every once in awhile.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

at least he didn't vote for a slaveowner

You heard it here: NFS thinks Trump (who call me Charlie voted for) is not a slaveowner.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 1, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

... And then doubled down on it.

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol at blaming middle eastern migrant labor violations on trump

like it or not, Trump is actually better than Clinton re: slavery. this is one of the problems with having slaves, its hard to wash that sort of ink off in 2017

Just a "migrant labor violation" amirite comrades?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Peachfart posted:

Don't even try with the purity squad, if the Dems wanted single payer and mincome tomorrow they'd still be mad. Just come in to laugh every once in awhile.

you must be one of the dems excited about the DCCC funding anti-choice dems

screw purity tests right? :lol:

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

You heard it here: NFS thinks Trump is not a slaveowner.

it will never cease being amazing that in election 2016 we had two candidates

lifelong politician, secretary of state, discourse and political correctness distilled

orange clown rapist who wants to build a giant wall to keep the "bad" mexicans out

guess which one wrote a book about noticing their slaves had feelings like a human

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I haven't said it. The guy who made a joke defense for me didn't say it. The regulars didn't say it.

Except he did say it.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

it will never cease being amazing that in election 2016 we had two candidates

lifelong politician, secretary of state, discourse and political correctness distilled

orange clown rapist who wants to build a giant wall to keep the "bad" mexicans out

guess which one wrote a book about noticing their slaves had feelings like a human

Why do you think an orange clown rapist would never own slaves?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Peachfart posted:

people want purity tests cause they're tired of getting dems full control of government for policies like singlepayer just for them to say "oops you didn't vote for the right type of dems better luck next time"

centrists find this baffling though because they're comfortable in the status quo and don't need anything to change

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

Why do you think an orange clown rapist would never own slaves?

it's not so much that I think he'd never own slaves as much it is I don't think even he would be stupid enough to write a book about it

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Peachfart posted:

http://www.rubbercat.net/artduck/03.html

Possibly add "neo" or substitute "centrist".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
the whole "neoliberal doesn't even mean anything!" kind of fell flat on its face after centrists adopted the term as their own

https://medium.com/@s8mb/im-a-neoliberal-maybe-you-are-too-b809a2a588d6

• Locked thread