Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

just did the keeper of the lake for the first time. upon hitting the boss i was told mid battle i needed to tank one dragon far away from the boss and the other close to him

after the dungeon i looked it up and that checked out, but i couldn't find information on why i needed to do that

anyone mind filling me in? mostly just curious

Every time I've run that dungeon only own dragon was ever alive at one time. Don't think I've ever seen both at once.

Edit: vvv derp, totally misread your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

just did the keeper of the lake for the first time. upon hitting the boss i was told mid battle i needed to tank one dragon far away from the boss and the other close to him

after the dungeon i looked it up and that checked out, but i couldn't find information on why i needed to do that

anyone mind filling me in? mostly just curious

If the dragons are tanked in the wrong spot they take like half damage or something. The effect shows up on their buff bar. If you just tank each one in its starting position you never have to worry.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

If the dragons are tanked in the wrong spot they take like half damage or something. The effect shows up on their buff bar. If you just tank each one in its starting position you never have to worry.

ah cool, easy to miss, no wonder everything seemed normal to me

thanks friendo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think it's even nastier than 50% damage reduction, more like 80%. I've had some really bad sprout tanks that don't pay attention to the chat log at all, and it makes that fight painful.

It usually happens because they dodge an AOE and then wait for the mob to come to them, rather than returning to the mob.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Did Deltascape 4.0 tonight with a very special bard:
(click for non-gif)

itskage fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 2, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
In related Omega shenanigans, tonight I met a lalafell racist in O3.

Refused to resurrect our BLM when he died to a Holy Spellblade fiasco in favor of using Rescue on CD to annoy one of our SAM (also Lalafell.)
Said BLM remained dead until getting ressed by the other healer at a wrong time (Queen's Waltz post Golden Dragon spawn) and was dead until the breather after the sand pit. That's a little under half the fight dead mostly because he didn't get a Res tossed his way.
Also said Rescue shenanigans for the SAM included being pulled into AND out of Ribbit in time for him to be hit by it and get screwed over via mechanics.

That was a surprising and awkward amount of timing and dedication they committed to an Anti-Lalafell stance :stare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

In related Omega shenanigans, tonight I met a lalafell racist in O3.

Refused to resurrect our BLM when he died to a Holy Spellblade fiasco in favor of using Rescue on CD to annoy one of our SAM (also Lalafell.)
Said BLM remained dead until getting ressed by the other healer at a wrong time (Queen's Waltz post Golden Dragon spawn) and was dead until the breather after the sand pit. That's a little under half the fight dead mostly because he didn't get a Res tossed his way.
Also said Rescue shenanigans for the SAM included being pulled into AND out of Ribbit in time for him to be hit by it and get screwed over via mechanics.

That was a surprising and awkward amount of timing and dedication they committed to an Anti-Lalafell stance :stare:

Good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol if you look at your teammates long enough to register what race they're playing

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm only 50/50 with even paying attention to what classes are in my party let alone what they look like. Who could care?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Jay Rust posted:

Lol if you look at your teammates long enough to register what race they're playing

Hey, I have to look at anyone who has a neat-looking glamour so I can maybe steal it. Anyways, Lalafell racism should be limited to calling them potatoes and unsolicited /pet-ting until we come up with a final solution.

Speaking of glamours, it was totally worth blowing all of my gil and MGP for this look. I love it and (hat aside) it works on all classes.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gotta love how the Sultana is all

"On the one hand you fighting for Ishgard is kinda unfair. On the other hand

*pulls on giant wrestlemania foam hand* RAUBAHN VERSUS WOL SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY"

For a monarch, Nanamo is pretty loving chill. I just finished the GSM 70 quest and her expressions are top notch.

Still first against the wall when the revolution comes.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Colgate posted:

Having completed the 2.0 story, I am suddenly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things to do. I have a lot of stuff to unlock, I have the Heavensward lead up, lots of classes I want to try, I probably should level crafting, the beast tribe stuff, and there's probably a lot of miscellaneous stuff that I don't even know about.

As a fellow newbie, don't do everything.

Things to do:
1. Follow the 2.x main quest.
2. Pick up the dungeon-unlocking quests, usually visible because they have the blue marker.
3. Ignore the one labelled 'Legacy of Allag' unless you really want that dungeon for some reason.
4. Ignore the one labelled 'A Relic Reborn' unless you really want a unique-looking weapon that will become outdated really fast.
5. Level up a side job, but do some level 50 dungeons as your main. E.g. I'm doing a couple of l50 dungeons as Warrior while I level Scholar.
6. Do the Hildibrand quests whenever you need some joy in your life.

Unless crafting gives you actual pleasure, don't level crafting until you're a high level, you'll save time in the long run since the gil from doing expansion-level quests will make getting stuff for crafting much easier.

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
A good glamour

Also you guys were right about OS3 it's rad. We hit enrage last night and will hopefully kill it this week.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

mfcrocker posted:

For a monarch, Nanamo is pretty loving chill. I just finished the GSM 70 quest and her expressions are top notch.

She's chill as heck, but between Raubahn, the HW fight and the SB Paladin quest it's pretty clear she's a big fan of blood sports. Might not be the best quality for a monarch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

A good glamour

Also you guys were right about OS3 it's rad. We hit enrage last night and will hopefully kill it this week.

to beat the tree you gotta be the tree

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

mfcrocker posted:

I think it's pretty clear at this point that the Sultana is a Pedro II. If there was a revolution she'd happily hand them the keys and bodily hurl her throne out the window herself. :v:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

A good glamour

The laws of Glamour are meaningless!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

That glamour owns. What helmet is that?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think it's pretty clear at this point that the Sultana is a Pedro II. If there was a revolution she'd happily hand them the keys and bodily hurl her throne out the window herself. :v:

I mean, she did already try to abdicate and dissolve the monarchy once. It went poorly. Maybe next time she'll sneak out the bathroom window and we'll be introduced to a new, oddly familiar Scion.

Who may be taught to do her job by Tataru. Actually, never mind.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

That glamour owns. What helmet is that?

Gordian Armet of Fending, I'm guessing.

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
It is. Chest is Gordian as well, hands probably are, not entirely certain. Weapon is the upgraded Law one.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Snofeld posted:

I mean, she did already try to abdicate and dissolve the monarchy once. It went poorly. Maybe next time she'll sneak out the bathroom window and we'll be introduced to a new, oddly familiar Scion.

Who may be taught to do her job by Tataru. Actually, never mind.

I look forward to the adventures of Tataru and Nanamo :3:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

quote:

The author of the article extracted the Alex and Omega savage parses from FFLogs, and computed the average job repartition tables above.
Unsurprisingly enough, WAR DRG BLM SMN MCH aren't too popular in O4S.

Healer balance is the best it's ever been, everything else is almost the same or worse. also that *drg slams samurai button* gif might've been more accurate than it was given credit

lmao at caster and mch representation.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

tbf you're really not getting an accurate representation comparing 2 years of Alex with 15 days of Omega.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Melee are mostly in a good place right now, I know Monk basically equals a sam if you roughly account for brotherhood.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the whole thing is biased as a matter of course, since people who bother to upload to fflogs are generally going to be more tryhard and more willing to play whatever's fotm since they're probably looking at the online community opinions

it's still kind of telling that there's been hundreds of o4s kills uploaded to o4s, but there's 25 mch kills, 31 smn kills, and 50 blm. (also lol it looks like mch starts to fall even further behind as people gear up, they start out as lowest dps and scale the worst and brd's even starting to overtake smn on some logs)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Minrad posted:

the whole thing is biased as a matter of course, since people who bother to upload to fflogs are generally going to be more tryhard and more willing to play whatever's fotm since they're probably looking at the online community opinions

it's still kind of telling that there's been hundreds of o4s kills uploaded to o4s, but there's 25 mch kills, 31 smn kills, and 50 blm. (also lol it looks like mch starts to fall even further behind as people gear up, they start out as lowest dps and scale the worst and brd's even starting to overtake smn on some logs)

SMN is in a really bad place but BLM would be represented in those o4s stats more if RDM+3 melee wasn't insanely better dps than any other composition at the moment.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Curious why bard is so popular, group buffs or very fun to play?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^ bard:

Has Ok DPs that is hard to really interrupt
Has good Mobility
Provides a tonne of group support (via role actions + the class abilities)
Direct hit buff

You also don't lose much going 2 melee bard RDM

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They should fix the "problem" by making everyone get a speed buff for sitting in ley lines. :getin:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shy posted:

Curious why bard is so popular, group buffs or very fun to play?

Both. It's got that nice mix of being both fun to play and really helpful in just about any group composition.

Red Mage has that, too. Fun to play, good and easy-to-maintain DPS, and people like Embolden even if it isn't the flashiest damage buff, and Embolden works best when the Red Mage is the only one doing magical damage.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wish I liked playing red mage even a little bit but it's black mage for me until summoner gets unjanked

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hobbesmaster posted:

They should fix the "problem" by making everyone get a speed buff for sitting in ley lines. :getin:

aesthetically speaking one thing I love in this game is the giant firing line of black mage ley lines you get on the beginning of every pull in 24 man content.

Now imagining if all those ley lines stacked with one another...

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

tbf you're really not getting an accurate representation comparing 2 years of Alex with 15 days of Omega.

Yeah, I think you are going to see more AST and WAR as people start switching from a progression mindset to a farm/speed kill mindset.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah, I think you are going to see more AST and WAR as people start switching from a progression mindset to a farm/speed kill mindset.

Doesn't DRK deal more damage as an OT at the moment? Or was that fully fixed by the 4.05 balance changes?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

hobbesmaster posted:

Doesn't DRK deal more damage as an OT at the moment? Or was that fully fixed by the 4.05 balance changes?

WAR is apparently still the top DPS. They even got buffed with the addition of Str on the right side.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

hobbesmaster posted:

No! Stop tracking all this mud and aoe indicator over my nice clean leylines!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ferrinus posted:

I'm gonna stand in them just because now

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Vargatron posted:

WAR is apparently still the top DPS. They even got buffed with the addition of Str on the right side.

They are, at just about every percentile, tho it's not a massive amount of difference. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong tho as I'm around 2700-2800 with food but no pots vs north of 3k for 75th percentile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

O2s must give you a heart attack.