Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Wow, I'm excited at the prospect that my future childrens' genetic expression will likely match my own!"
-An abuser and literally hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I worked with a woman who was the shortest person in the family at 5'11 and everyone else from siblings to spouses to parents was well over 6 feet tall. Her parents got married because "neither one of them wanted to have to argue with their spouse about using the top parts of cabinets" so I dont think its necessarily eugenics so much as a strong desire for kids to be like him in a away he percieves as fundamentally shapingn his life.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Be defined by something you choose to be, not something you were born to be

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

You're allowed to have romantic preferences, and act on them. That's fine and you can do anything you want for any reason it's your life and these are your preferences.

If you explain what those preferences are or write them down in any way, you are abusive and weird.

And if you state that physical factors could ever be a factor in your decision making, well, you aren't playing pretend well enough like all the other people are ;)

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

You gently caress one drat sheep...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm trying to introspect out why I feel differently about Tall Genes than the woman who broke up and tried to humiliate a hot, rich guy for being a former uggo. I hope it's not unexamined misogyny. :ohdear:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
"Congratulations, sir, you're the proud father of a healthy baby boy! 19 inches, 7 pounds."

"I HAVE NO SON."

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

If I wanted a child at 6' I would need to marry somebody who was at least 6'3". That's how it works right? I'm 5'9".

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Every individual person is a poo poo slurry of millions of choices, experiences, relationships, successes, mistakes, and mutable and immutable characteristics.

Nobody is defined solely by, "what they choose to be" and nobody is defined solely, "what they were born to be." We are all an amalgamation of all of it, and learning to be comfortable with yourself and to love yourself because of who you are, not in spite of who you are, is the highest compliment you can give yourself.

The internet is a bad way to judge people because its like looking at a Monet through a pinhole.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Ah Brenda, why did you choose to be so flat chested?? I can't be with someone who makes such poor choices.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Pick, I'm genuinely curious, do you think you have been successful in this goal? Does anyone itt?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Pick, I'm genuinely curious, do you think you have been successful in this goal? Does anyone itt?

Hell, the dude that hosed the brain damaged cripple in the story yesterday, he was the only one who could see her true beauty, and his love for her transcended the mortal realm (of her wheelchair).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Vargatron posted:

If I wanted a child at 6' I would need to marry somebody who was at least 6'3". That's how it works right? I'm 5'9".

stack overflow, child is 2"

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

You should ask any ex-con. They are very successful at being defined by something they did, sometimes decades after they paid their debt to society.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Pick posted:

stack overflow, child is 2"

My height stat is an 8 bit integer.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I am just showing up to my cube job till heart disease or jealous husband takes my life TBH. I am one of the useless, redundant people of postmodern media-saturated capitalism.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I'd say at least in some respects, like I didn't get diagnosed with Marfans and then go "waaah my joints hurt all the time, ergo I will sit around and whine and also tell everyone I know and that will be the only thing they know about me". It's not that important, I base my identity far more around my art and my values :shrug:

Like even if that art is mostly stupid crap, it's my stupid crap, I chose to make it. I am a Stupid Crap Maker.

Pick fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 3, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HerStuddMuffin posted:

You should ask any ex-con. They are very successful at being defined by something they did, sometimes decades after they paid their debt to society.

You murder one goat...

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm taller than buddy guy in that story and joke that were I to meet a woman taller than myself I'd propose on the spot on the grounds of raising am army of the world's tallest children. Call me literally Hitler.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I'm taller than buddy guy in that story and joke that were I to meet a woman taller than myself I'd propose on the spot on the grounds of raising am army of the world's tallest children. Call me literally Hitler.

Hitler was 5'8"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

Insufferable nerdy white guys who are definitely racists are always obsessed with height. I 100% know this as a fact.

Not just white guys either, see Jon Pop

The whole height issue is absolutely tied in with many forms of racism

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I am just showing up to my cube job till heart disease or jealous husband takes my life TBH. I am one of the useless, redundant people of postmodern media-saturated capitalism.

:same:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

If you want to talk openly about physical traits and whether they may help or hurt other people's perception of you, you are racist.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If you want to talk openly about physical traits and whether they may help or hurt, you are racist.

Hey, if the size 16 shoe fits...

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If you want to talk openly about physical traits and whether they may help or hurt other people's perception of you, you are racist.

My flesh is melting from this hot take.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Inescapable Duck posted:

The whole height issue is absolutely tied in with many forms of racism

You have to be this tall to get on the ride. If you know what I mean.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Vargatron posted:

My flesh is melting from this hot take.

Just telling you, if you even notice physical characteristics.. like that some human beings are taller than others... and talk openly with other humans about what you think is cool, you are racist.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

I am a Stupid Crap Maker.
Most truthful statement of the thread.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pick posted:

Hitler was 5'8"

This explains a great deal.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Just telling you, if you even notice physical characteristics.. like that some human beings are taller than others... and talk openly with other humans about what you think is cool, you are racist.

Hmm so I guess size bias in professional athletes are systematic racism then?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Vargatron posted:

Yes, but the good kind.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Vargatron posted:

My height stat is an 8 bit integer.

Signed or unsigned?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Vargatron posted:

Yes, everything is racism misogyny and abuse, I'm glad you are starting to understand.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The Lone Badger posted:

Signed or unsigned?

Unsigned. I can't have negative height, or maybe I can.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Excuse me, I identify as 6'8". Please hand me that jar from the top shelf as if I got it myself, and I'll thank you for not assuming my height in the future.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

blarzgh posted:

Excuse me, I identify as 6'8". Please hand me that jar from the top shelf as if I got it myself, and I'll thank you for not assuming my height in the future.

transtall

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

blarzgh posted:

blarzgh posted:

"Wow, I'm excited at the prospect that my future childrens' genetic expression will likely match my own!"
-An abuser and literally hitler.

blarzgh posted:

My god, we've gone full ENERGY BEINGS where no one is allowed to see physical forms anymore or its "abusive."

Tell us how you really feel :allears:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
[My]21F [boyfriend]19M dirtied our apartment to avoid meeting my parents

quote:

My boyfriend has been getting very nervous about meeting my parents. We've been together for about 6 months and met after we moved in together. We share the apartment with one other [girl]17F. Everything is great except for this one thing. He is very strange about his parents as well and will not let me meet them. Two weeks ago he claimed they were in the process of moving to the United States of American when I asked if we could have dinner with them again. He received a package from the USA yesterday and told me his parents sent it. Now I am thinking this might be a lie and he sent it to himself.

We have been planning to have my parents over for dinner for several weeks now. They were supposed to come tonight but I had to cancel because of what I came home to. I spent several hours cleaning yesterday so I would not have to worry about it after work. I came home to a disaster in the kitchen (but no food had been made). Shredded paper towels, dirt poured from the potted plant, and powder (flour?) everywhere. Boyfriend said roommate did it. Roommate said she was not home.

That is not the most startling part, yet. There was fecal poop smeared in the bathroom on the floor and baseboards. My boyfriend said he became very ill and was unable to clean up. That does not explain how it came to be smeared everywhere.

My boyfriend is lying in bed watching Shows, telling me he does not feel well at all. I have not cleaned up the poop and I am very concerned. I do not want to be with him any more but he is my roommate so I think that was a very big mistake. There a more weird things that he has done that he told me were normal in the USA but now I am thinking that he was lying again.

I'm not English, I apologize for grammatical errors.

Edit Update: Thank you graciously. I did not mean to offend any of your in the American culture, or those of you that engage in this act! I began to doubt him afterward. My parents collected us and we are at their house because my boyfriend would not leave the apartment! He was very upset because he had to meet my parents anyway.

tl;dr: MY Boyfriend dirtied our apartment and I believe it was a childish maneuver so that he would not have to meet my parents

quote:

Redditor:
Time to get the hell out and don't look back. That's insane. Find a new place to live or move in with your mom and dad and don't talk to this guy again.
(Also, I am American and live in the US and trashing your home and smearing poop everywhere is NOT normal. In fact, fecal smearing is a sign of serious mental problems in children and definitely so in adults.)

OP:
I see, he has told me this is an American act. I am nervous about what I should do. I am sitting in my roommates room with her and we have blocked the door with barriage, but I can hear my boyfriend calling for me

quote:

He behaves inappropriately, such as grabbing me and lifting my skirt when we are on public streets. He also does other inappropriate acts that I do not think are worth repeating. In addition, he steals my clothing and puts it in the disposal so that I cannot leave the house. Before he said it was a romantic gesture but now I do not think so.

Is this Japan? I bet this is in Japan.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Tell us how you really feel :allears:

Bored at work

Edit: do you need me to reach something for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

[My]21F [boyfriend]19M dirtied our apartment to avoid meeting my parents

Is this Japan? I bet this is in Japan.

:owned: by the poo poo-smearing American