Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bixby is the kind of name a spammer would use that sounds almost like a real thing, but just not quite there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

imo bixby sounds like a fictional english butler

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
or a D&D wizzard that made spells involving hands and fists (bigby)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
samsung begbie

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

your move crapple

evobatman posted:

I bought a LeEco Le Max 2 and Meizu EP-51 headphones since I hadn't bought a brand new cellphone for myself since 2004. Same hardware as a Galaxy S7, but at a third of the price. 5,7" 2560*1440 screen. Needed some de-chinification of the interface, but runs what seems to be decently stock Android. Big black border around the screen, no NFC and the vibration is pretty weak, but otherwise a good flagship phone for just $200. Nice metal body construction, and comes with screen protector installed, and a TPU cover to use while you wait for other covers from eBay.

The headphones were $30. They are a very bright in the treble but have decent bass. The volume dongle pulls them to the side, which can be annoying, but totally worth the money otherwise.

HUGE upgrade from my previously owned iPhone 5S with wired headphones.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Blue Train posted:

your move crapple

he did buy a phone, probably the electronic kit he will spend by far the most time with in his life, from a website that sells crap

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Le Eco Le Max 2. reddit much???

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

more like Le Mao amirite

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bought a pair of those headphones, they're awful plus the first pair I got wouldn't hold a charge so I took my replacement pair and sold them on amazon marketplace instead of even trying them out

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo bixby sounds like a fictional english butler
I think that's literally the point yeah

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what was samsung too cheap to license ask jeeves?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I have an android owning friend that constantly calls my iPhone 7 a piece of poo poo and can't understand why a tech guy like myself would use one. he was amazed when I showed him how to copy an image from gis and paste it into an sms on his galaxy s8.

I don't think he will ever get it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I janitor enough computers at work. Last thing I want to do is janitor my drat phone

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I have an android owning friend that constantly calls my iPhone 7 a piece of poo poo and can't understand why a tech guy like myself would use one. he was amazed when I showed him how to copy an image from gis and paste it into an sms on his galaxy s8.

I don't think he will ever get it

:laffo:

Silver Alicorn posted:

I janitor enough computers at work. Last thing I want to do is janitor my drat phone

i like janitoring my computer, and find android hardly a hassle too, but nexus 5 is likely my last android phone until they figure out long term support and platform continuity

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i like janitoring my computer

problem located

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

problem located

it's a cool hobby when your job is good and not centered on computers

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
"hmm yess, can't want to get home and install the latest OS updates! i wonder what configuration settings microsoft will silently change? i'll bet they turn the privacy settings off again, can't wait to turn 'em back on! wonder if any of my applications have updates? oh god, a geforce experience update unnnnnnnnnghhhhhhh"

:rolleyes:

edit: or worse, "i know i can squeeze another 2 fps out of my GPU if i just tweak the right graphics settings that i don't actually understand! check out my sick watercooled ~GaMiNG RiG~"

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 5, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

"hmm yess, can't want to get home and install the latest OS updates! i wonder what configuration settings microsoft will silently change? i'll bet they turn the privacy settings off again, can't wait to turn 'em back on! wonder if any of my applications have updates? oh god, a geforce experience update unnnnnnnnnghhhhhhh"

:rolleyes:

actually,

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i like janitoring my computer,

yeah some people like licking cum up off the floor of a public restroom but they don't get all uppity about it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah some people like licking cum up off the floor of a public restroom but they don't get all uppity about it

:rip: george michael

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

no kinkshaming

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'd have to think long and hard if it came to either this or janitoring my computer/phone, tbh

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
just thought about hypothetically owning a phone other than an iPhone and lold irl

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
*inserts my Samsung BixbyPods (powered by Bixby) into my ears. I pray outloud to God that the batteries do not rupture and severely maim me and the BixbyPods record my voice and sends it to a data center in China*

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
loving hell im waiting for the next next google pixel with my smashed as gently caress iphone 6 when it decides to die

so here i am using the only phone i could scavenge for free

a NEW IN BOX samsung galaxy s 2 from 2011 running 4.1.2 and BOY OH BOY

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"smashing my dick with this ball peen hammer sure is unsatisfactory. i can't wait for my sledgehammer to get here"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

let's say I was inclined to get an adroid device just to play around with. doesn't need to be a phone, but needs to run a recent version of the OS and not be absolute piss garbage. what should I get?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

let's say I was inclined to get an adroid device just to play around with. doesn't need to be a phone, but needs to run a recent version of the OS and not be absolute piss garbage. what should I get?

moto g5+, all the tablets are poo poo and the only other phone worth getting is the pixel and it's expensive

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

a more realistic idea, there is no android ipod touch

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

a therapist

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Last Chance posted:

a therapist

agreed. panda friend do literally anything else with your time

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
why not get a chinese xiaomi something or other that is cheap as hell for the specs and mostly dodge the bad bands compatibility since you wont be using it as a phone?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

google devices are the only ones im familiar with where you get stock android and any kind of update support. the only options to buy a google device new rn are the pixel phone and pixel tablet, so you're looking at $500 US or more. be wary of buying a used Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P though, they are good phones except for the whole "develop a bootloop problem at random" thing they tend to do. if a close friend of yours has a used one kicking around that might be an option, since google has been quietly replacing them even for people outside of warranty, but you might have to get the original owner to RMA it for you

otherwise idk, go read some android review sites that focus on "midrange" phones and you can probably find something for $250 or so that has android 7 or later.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
android: where even the good phones render themselves completely unusable

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

you could get a one plus never settle for 911 phone

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

android: where even the good phones render themselves completely unusable

just like there are no "good" police or republicans, there are no "good" android phones

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Olivil posted:

why not get a chinese xiaomi something or other that is cheap as hell for the specs and mostly dodge the bad bands compatibility since you wont be using it as a phone?

Most of the China phones have skins and poo poo that make it differ from plain android. Samsung is bad about it too

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Besides either a moto g 4 or 5 should be right around 2 or 250 bucks, the 4 prolly like 180

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah that all sounds like too much headache. yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Olivil posted:

loving hell im waiting for the next next google pixel with my smashed as gently caress iphone 6

whats it like to be mentally retarded