Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Rich get richer= everything is right with the world.
What's this? Poor people are getting even poorer? What are you a commie?!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

What bearing does this have on the life of an average American citizen?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What bearing? Why it inspires the citizenry to work their fingers to the bone for lesser wages!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Dow, much like Trump's hair, is an artificially constructed illusion that hides the true reality. A Good Cartoon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh man boy howdy I sure do remember how the new deal and great society hosed everything up.

Perhaps he means it's more like an anchor that keeps you from crashing into the shore.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Like I know this means he ends up cheerleading for Bad Things, but I think JRRose! is genuinely incapable of comprehending the bad things in life. There's no malice, just a doe-eyed incomprehension that people are ever upset about anything when there's so much good in the world! Like Shoney's! Wait oh nooooo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Very good Don Jr. here, but a bit disappointed he had to cram Rupert in there.

quote:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Holy poo poo! :discourse:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cloks posted:

What bearing does this have on the life of an average American citizen?
A rising tide lifts all boats.

Except when it benefits the poor directly because that doesn't lift all boats for some reason.

Also you need to have a boat.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I remember just last year when the rising stock market was actually bad news. Times sure change.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

So where did this order for cartoonist to go "Ha yea market doing good" come from?

Johnny Walker posted:

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Except when it benefits the poor directly because that doesn't lift all boats for some reason.

Also you need to have a boat.

It's more like it doesn't matter if the tide raises or lowers, the rich are constantly removing the burden from their ships unto the poor to make themselves ascend higher and others sink.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The Democrats really hosed themselves over by letting conservatives take over the school textbook industry so they can make mockeries of both science and history

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ularg posted:

So where did this order for cartoonist to go "Ha yea market doing good" come from?

It's literally the only thing that's gone "right" since Trump took office, they kind of have to focus on it. Of course it's just because they're all salivating at the prospect of deregulation from a sleazeball businessman being in office with a majority, and isn't actually helping the economy or anyone who isn't a shareholder, but goshdarn it, the arrow is going up!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Why should i give a poo poo when I'm not profiting from this?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Trump's stupid anti transgender people in the military tweet is now becoming policy after review.

Have nothing really more to add then. I'm tired of this poo poo.

I guess a preemptive gently caress you to the usual crowd to keep it on topic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lurdiak posted:

It's literally the only thing that's gone "right" since Trump took office, they kind of have to focus on it. Of course it's just because they're all salivating at the prospect of deregulation from a sleazeball businessman being in office with a majority, and isn't actually helping the economy or anyone who isn't a shareholder, but goshdarn it, the arrow is going up!

Isn't the whole thing with the stock market is that it's not always about doing well but just the idea that companies might be doing well that drives the stock market up?

So basically everyone is celebrating because the same people who caused every market crash in recent history is dumping money into the stock market in hopes Trumps helps them get rich?

World Famous W posted:

Trump's stupid anti transgender people in the military tweet is now becoming policy after review.

Have nothing really more to add then. I'm tired of this poo poo.

I guess a preemptive gently caress you to the usual crowd to keep it on topic.

[Eternally Screaming]

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Congratulations! Not only was that joke made several pages ago, the original jokester was able to post a picture of Zelda instead of Link!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

toanoradian posted:

Wait, this was a flashback?

Somebody catch me up with this comic. First up, who's Zelda?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Jedit posted:

Congratulations! Not only was that joke made several pages ago, the original jokester was able to post a picture of Zelda instead of Link!

Yeah, that first person hosed up the joke.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Jedit posted:

No, that's Zelda.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jackard posted:

No, that's Zelda.

but what if zelda was a girl?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jedit posted:

:thejoke:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's a pretty good joke

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

"Poor people should suffer and die in the streets" - Ramirez

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well duh, of course it should be.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Out of the question, the tall skeletal figure in black robes had been very clear on that.:smith:

I've never been able to take the "enthusiastic about death DEATH" cartoons seriously, thanks to reading Pratchett at a formative age.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
:razorback:

Time to call those hogs comrades

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

I like the action and sense of movement in this.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Jedit posted:

That was the joke dumbdumb

Remarkable how many people who are constantly reading poltoons can't understand jokes

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cheen posted:

That was the joke dumbdumb

Remarkable how many people who are constantly reading poltoons can't understand jokes

We don't recognize them because we never see them.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jedit posted:

i missed that post, do you have a link?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

loquacius posted:

PICTURED: the thread reacts to a Mallard Fillmore

Fun fact: it took forever to get the artists to draw the ducks properly, and eventually they were told to always draw the ducks really angry. "About what?" the artists asked. "About being a duck."

Uh... is there context, or is this just a Dees-in-spirit?

I'm really curious how this is going to work. I can't imagine foxconn's dumb enough to just plan to run it like their chinese plants...

Oh my god, and now he used a thought balloon correctly. Did Tinsley have a stroke, except since he was already a hateful poo poo it made him a decent person and an almost tolerable cartoonist?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOA_ciyS6c

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Keiya posted:

Uh... is there context, or is this just a Dees-in-spirit?

Some company recently proposed lojacking their employees instead of giving them ID badges and whatnot.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Nobody has posted Dees in a while, is Dees dead or something

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Panty Saluter posted:

but what if zelda was a girl?

He did in Majora's Mask for the GCN, the cell shaded one.

Also, for content, I don't think this use of this reference is apt because I honestly don't believe that Trump cares all that much.

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 5, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

whomupclicklike posted:

Nobody has posted Dees in a while, is Dees dead or something

he's just doing less toons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sir Tonk posted:

he's just doing less toons

This is the one that confuses me the most. Dees is definitely against TPP, NAFTA, and Obamacare, so he shows Trump heroically destroying them... while also saying that Trump is an evil Jew Zionist and a Freemason. I thought it was a "What happened to Candidate Trump, who promised all these great things?" but no, in office he's still shown cancelling TPP, he's just a bad guy while doing it for some reason.

• Locked thread