Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rand Brittain posted:

I think we have to consider the possibility that Yojimbo is just not actually very good at his job, given his habit of cleaning his clients completely dry of money and providing no useful services at all.

Maybe it's a Kurosawa reference, and that was his plan all along..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

vOv posted:

Nidhogg.

Oh yeah, No Prize to you, mate. I went and looked at the list of trials. I also forgot Ultima.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

I think we have to consider the possibility that Yojimbo is just not actually very good at his job, given his habit of cleaning his clients completely dry of money and providing no useful services at all.

I believe this is colloquially known as "ripping people off"

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Eh, they just need Lolorito to decide that he wants us dead this week. Or any syndicate person really.

Someone earlier in the thread suggested Godbert as his raid-tier patron. I think that would be so awesome.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

cheetah7071 posted:

Yojimbo will be an add in rowena extreme

"what the hell are these?"
"scrips"
"sorry I only take cash"
"too bad your dog signed a contract entitling you to work for me in exchange for allagan doggy biscuits"
"dangit not again"
Yojimbo prepares Shin Zantetsukan on Rowena.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Or, Yojimbo is VERY good at his job

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Or, Yojimbo is VERY good at his job

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly seraph altima might be a jerk but they turned an entire housing ward into an ambitious decorating project so kudos to them and their friend.

If people desperately want houses that badly why not move to Brynhildr, the short bus of the Primal data center.

We *are* Primal right? I forget sometimes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

could someone repost that thing that shows which normal mode raid fights drop which tokens

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Rand Brittain posted:

Frankly that sounds like he's amazing at his job.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The guy also only pays him like 250k which is like nothing. Maybe if he wasn't such a skinflint we would've been in serious trouble.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

In Yojimbo EX he'll get "paid" by our very own goon Zen Xii, who will absolutely refuse to pay a dime, resulting in Yojimbo non-violently poking people until he enrages, walking off out of boredom. The actual mechanic to the fight will be trying to convince Zen to actually spend his gil so Yojimbo can use an attack.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 6, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kuvo posted:

Greg and Yoshi's Excellence Adventure would be the best Hildy story/trial

yoship plz :pray:

Jim and Greg's Excellent Expenditure

Wherein Greg tries to hustle up enough money to pay Jim to use Zanmato (so Greg can steal it).

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Augus posted:

could someone repost that thing that shows which normal mode raid fights drop which tokens

code:
	chain	bolt	pedal	lens	spring	crank	shaft
	(belt)	(acc)	(feet)	(head)	(legs)	(hands)	(body)
1	x	x	x
2		x	x	x
3				x	x	x
4					x	x	x

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Eh, they just need Lolorito to decide that he wants us dead this week. Or any syndicate person really.

Why do some people think that Lolorito would ever want the WOL dead?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thundarr posted:

Wherein Greg tries to hustle up enough money to pay Jim to use Zanmato (so Greg can steal it).

This would be the best misadventure and now I'm heartbroken it shall never be :smith:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I wish someone just had a big ol post of all the hairstyles that's been updated to the most recent patch where we got hairstyles.

I wanna see all the ones that are unlocked and because my Fantasia is riding on short poofy hair for females.

Edit: And also maybe a fancy feathered hat for Warriors.

Edit 2: I want to be Haru Okumura is what I'm getting at.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 7, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

In Yojimbo EX he'll get "paid" by our very own goon Zen Xii, who will absolutely refuse to pay a dime, resulting in Yojimbo non-violently poking people until he enrages, walking off out of boredom. The actual mechanic to the fight will be trying to convince Zen to actually spend his gil so Yojimbo can use an attack.

whoa, huge slam on anteaters our potato out of nowhere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Count Bleck posted:

I wish someone just had a big ol post of all the hairstyles that's been updated to the most recent patch where we got hairstyles.

I wanna see all the ones that are unlocked and because my Fantasia is riding on short poofy hair for females.

Edit: And also maybe a fancy feathered hat for Warriors.

Edit 2: I want to be Haru Okumura is what I'm getting at.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Gonna need some deets, my guy.

That chest is the Vampire's Vest, right?

So I'll need to wait till October for my best hope.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Count Bleck posted:

Gonna need some deets, my guy.

That chest is the Vampire's Vest, right?

So I'll need to wait till October for my best hope.

It is yeah. Here's the deets: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/67tyuv/persona_5_noir_cosplay_glamour_xpost_from/

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Excellent. My thanks.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Someone earlier in the thread suggested Godbert as his raid-tier patron. I think that would be so awesome.

This should absolutely be the next Hildy trial.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Fister Roboto posted:

Why do some people think that Lolorito would ever want the WOL dead?

I guess some people don't like status quo where they makes stupid amounts of money and have almost unchallenged power in Ul'dah? :shrug:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

TheShadowAvatar posted:

I guess some people don't like status quo where they makes stupid amounts of money and have almost unchallenged power in Ul'dah? :shrug:

Not to mention the bit where they actively work against any changing of the status quo, what with supporting everything that happened in 2.55.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Attorney at Funk posted:

Frankly that sounds like he's amazing at his job.

He is, it's just that his job is "con artist" and not "bodyguard."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheShadowAvatar posted:

You know who else makes stupid amounts of money and has unchallenged power?

Warriors of light who aren't bad at the market board.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If Nanamo ever finally goes through with the whole "dissolve the monarchy" plan it would probably piss off the syndicate.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

You know who else makes stupid amounts of money and has unchallenged power?

Warriors of light who aren't bad at the market board.

SE's next big Gil sink: A Yojimbo fate that offers an exclusive minion, mount, orchestrion scroll and crafting material where you have to pay him in order to actually fight him. The cost increases with each spawn and has no cap.

Said cost only resets during patch maintenance.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

But seriously, Lolorito Did Nothing Wrong.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Augus posted:

I believe this is colloquially known as "ripping people off"

The Bank of Yojimbo kindly offers our same day vengeance financing package. Borrow 300gil for only 30 Gil. No need to repay for 2 weeks.

failure to pay results in your loan being forwarded to our collection firm, Zantetsuken Materia Origination. Best of luck!

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Fister Roboto posted:

But seriously, Lolorito Did Nothing Wrong.

Ehhhh.
I know, "it's just business" and all, but letting that ethos pervade everything you do is how you get the East India Company and the Triangular Trade. I still consider him a villain, just not a hammy anime villain.

Of course, this game BEING a hammy anime sort of complicates things a bit in that respect.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I agree he's not a very good person, but I think there's a pretty fundamental misreading of his character going on if so many people think that one day he'll wake up and decide that he needs to kill one of the most powerful people in the world, the person who has successfully fought the Empire and multiple gods and singlehandedly brought about a new era of peace and prosperity, and the person that nearly the entire realm worships as a hero.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Oh, absolutely.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also the Sultana trying to dissolve the monarchy was naive and foolhardy, because it's not like democracy stops people from voting greedy, incompetent charlatans into power #MUGA

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

one of the most powerful people in the world, the person who has successfully fought the Empire and multiple gods and singlehandedly brought about a new era of peace and prosperity, and the person that nearly the entire realm worships as a hero.

You have to wonder where future expansions are going to take the WoL plot thread. This can't continue for much longer without either becoming farcical or dictatorial.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think a lot of people still don't quite get Lolorito's role in the events of 2.3 - 2.55, and the HW opening movie doesn't really help matters.

He's still an rear end in a top hat and occasionally a vindictive one, but he doesn't rock the boat.

SKULL.GIF posted:

You have to wonder where future expansions are going to take the WoL plot thread. This can't continue for much longer without either becoming farcical or dictatorial.

The obvious route is "take the fight to the empire", and perhaps they'll ruminate on how the the morality of the WoL's actions gets a lot more complicated when we aren't playing defense.

And then we'll have to have something send us off the rails before we turn the world into a reverse Void by being too good at our job.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 7, 2017

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Thundarr posted:

:golfclap:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I would argue the obvious route is to start fighting for or alongside the Empire actually, where they positively hate you. It's the easiest way to pull the rug out from underneath the WoL other than a complete setting change in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Rand Brittain posted:

That sounds like he's incredibly good at his job, considering in the end he's the one walking away with literal piles of money.