Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
What's this, a challenge rift with a competently built character? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

DrSeRRoD posted:

With the other classes out of the way, I know many of you are eagerly awaiting the horse-less crusader challenge rift that takes place in the new cathedral map with twists and turns everywhere you go. Well, you shall not be disappointed. It has a 6pc, decent damage, and some good pylons at least.
Actually, looking at the leaderboards: Hammer-sader doesn't necessarily use the horse anyway. The oddity of wearing ORotZ/cubing CoE aside, it's a Real Build this time!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

What's this, a challenge rift with a competently built character? :monocle:

My favorite so far has been that wizard build from a few weeks ago. I want to look at that build again so I can copy it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hell yeah The challenge rift is Da MF Share Z0ne -- ADMIN

Is this some kind of a meme or something. I don't get it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

bio347 posted:

Actually, looking at the leaderboards: Hammer-sader doesn't necessarily use the horse anyway. The oddity of wearing ORotZ/cubing CoE aside, it's a Real Build this time!

Yeah, to eek the most out of Hammerdin you have to lose the horse

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

bio347 posted:

Yea, I was expecting a horse-less sader, and I got it, but was't expecting it to have a real build, so that's nice.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, to eek the most out of Hammerdin you have to lose the horse

Falling Sword is more like a teleport skill.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Katamari Democracy posted:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/880870195438530563

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also until you get a CoE that's doesn't suck the native rolls of speed, resource reduction and cooldown are generally p good for a hammerdin build.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

(the new Necromancer's Chapel tileset is so ridiculously, over-the-top Skeletal Blood Church that it evokes the design of da mf share z0ne's posts)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(the new Necromancer's Chapel tileset is so ridiculously, over-the-top Skeletal Blood Church that it evokes the design of da mf share z0ne's posts)

Ohhhhhhhhh. Now I get it. That is kinda funny.

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

There are worse stories out there but it isn't like people play diablo to watch tyrael figure out how to deal with mortals.

Totally agree, I just enjoy mindlessly killing poo poo.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BuckFiddy posted:

Totally agree, I just enjoy mindlessly killing poo poo.

New thread title.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Can anyone give me some basic pointers on how to play this Tal Vyr build? I have all the gear for it, although have mostly been trying it with an Ancient Aether Walker in hand rather than the mediocre regular Starfire I have (and In-Geom in the cube). Once the last of the rings I needed dropped, I switched to this build from a regular Tal's Electrocute build (a build that, with the Aether Walker was easily clearing GR62 and probably can go higher.)

But moving to this Tal Vyr, it seems like there must be something about the rotation of skills, or the way to time Archon that I'm missing, because I feel a lot more squishy than I did with the regular Tal's, and keep dropping out of Archon with lot of CDR to make up using my ring, which leaves me short on mana because I'm using arcane torrent to proc by Obsidian Ring to bring down the Archon cool down. Which leads to a lot of dying, because I run out of mana before I get Archon back up. I feel like I'm probably doing something through wrong here. Much of it could boil down to "git gud," but if there's some basic concept of how to approach the Tal Vyr playstyle that I need to learn after the regular Tal's (and, I'll say, after never using a Vyr set before, so I've barely touched Archon ever across all these seasons) -- well, I'd appreciate the advice.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Using Aether Walker and running out of mana are probably related. The Tal/Vyr build is designed to spend as much time in Archon form as possible, only falling out to reset the Tal bonus for extra burst damage, and Archon has infinite teleport without needing a legendary power to get it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You need way more CDR from gear if you choose to use Aether over In-geom, like almost every possible slot.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Arachyr is complete! gently caress off, wall of death, and hello Hex! Now I just need the off-hand that buffs Angry Chicken...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

spit on my clit posted:

Arachyr is complete! gently caress off, wall of death, and hello Hex! Now I just need the off-hand that buffs Angry Chicken...

Dream higher forums poster spit on my clit. Dream higher.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Using Aether Walker and running out of mana are probably related. The Tal/Vyr build is designed to spend as much time in Archon form as possible, only falling out to reset the Tal bonus for extra burst damage, and Archon has infinite teleport without needing a legendary power to get it.

Okay -- that's important to know about Archon, and probably something I should have picked up on.

When I'm in Archon with this build, what should I be doing -- teleporting into elite packs? Spamming what attack?

exquisite tea posted:

You need way more CDR from gear if you choose to use Aether over In-geom, like almost every possible slot.

With the Starfire, I'm mainly relying on all my Archon skills doing damage because I keep +lightning as my one elemental buff, right? Am I mainly relying on the Manald Heal proc to do most of my damage for me in this build?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dream higher forums poster spit on my clit. Dream higher.

how much higher can I get?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

McCoy Pauley posted:

With the Starfire, I'm mainly relying on all my Archon skills doing damage because I keep +lightning as my one elemental buff, right? Am I mainly relying on the Manald Heal proc to do most of my damage for me in this build?

That's correct. The time that you're out of Archon is basically "oh gently caress, stay alive and do what I can to get Archon back off CD", and then you Teleport/Nova/Archon once it's up and resume giving things the tip of your laser-o-death.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

deathbagel posted:

So, I got a primal Tragoul's shoulder piece and built that whole build out. Wow is that build boring to play. I'd rather stick to my Rathma set and try and make it work. I have managed 75 solo with it and I'm sure I can probably push up to 90 or so with some ancients. I just don't know how people play the Corpse Lance spec.

Yep, it's super awful to play. I mean it's effective and popping everything in site in under a second is fun and all, but the in between LoD/Sim CD it's just loving boring as poo poo and really not having any other source of damage besides Lance is horriblely unfun and getting one-shotted in between sucks balls. Not to mention really total garbage for normal rifts/bounties but I guess thats not a big deal with the easy armor-swap cabinet.

I'm personally liking Inarius Bone Armor-NovaLancer build the most with a slightly modified speedrun lazystorm for GR65 or below with sub-3 minute clears. So far we've pushed up to GR 84 and probably could eek out another few ranks especially now I just got a Ancient Trag Scythe with OK rolls, wish it was a little better. I've only had one piece seriously Augmented though and if I get more Ancient Inarius sets then I'd be able to tackle a few ranks there. Levelling gem trash is kind of boring though and I'm pretty much out of Topazs :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

McCoy Pauley posted:

When I'm in Archon with this build, what should I be doing -- teleporting into elite packs? Spamming what attack?

All your damage in this build comes from Manald Heal crits while using teleport to keep dudes as far away from you as possible. Literally the only thing you should be doing outside of Archon is quickly restacking all your Tal's elements so that when you hit Archon (Combustion) you begin each cycle with double Archon stacks and 4 Tal's. For the first 10-12 seconds of each new Archon cycle you do insane omega gangsta damage into anything unfortunate to walk into your beam, especially at a distance. There's not a whole lot of finesse involved here, just point the beam where the monsters are and vaporize them while using teleport to hunt for large groups + elites.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I got a pretty great rolled Ancient Dayntees binding and trying to decide what to roll for some spergin' min-maxing.

I know I can up that 12% to 15% to add an extra 3% life there but it only amounts to about 18.6k HP (compared to 1.2million). I'm using Aura of Frailty so I could reroll the Fire Res to +2 yards but it's already big enough that I don't think it's necessary. I'm considering rerolling the Fire Res to +5.1% Chance to Freeze on Hit to help proc Krysbins, but I don't know how well 6p Inarius Bone Armor will proc it, and if the nova's from Siphon Blood-Iron Rose proc it either. Any thoughts on that?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

spit on my clit posted:

how much higher can I get?

Post your character sheet. And your gear. I am curious because you post a lot here and I would like to help.

E-If you made hex into your build. Try this one:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91460-helltooth-chicken-speed-farming-build-patch-2-6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZeIUf3fLg

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 8, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Xaris posted:

I got a pretty great rolled Ancient Dayntees binding and trying to decide what to roll for some spergin' min-maxing.

I know I can up that 12% to 15% to add an extra 3% life there but it only amounts to about 18.6k HP (compared to 1.2million). I'm using Aura of Frailty so I could reroll the Fire Res to +2 yards but it's already big enough that I don't think it's necessary. I'm considering rerolling the Fire Res to +5.1% Chance to Freeze on Hit to help proc Krysbins, but I don't know how well 6p Inarius Bone Armor will proc it, and if the nova's from Siphon Blood-Iron Rose proc it either. Any thoughts on that?

How are you using Dayntee's Binding if you have Aura of Frailty and aren't using Grim Scythe?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

exquisite tea posted:

How are you using Dayntee's Binding if you have Aura of Frailty and aren't using Grim Scythe?

I'm also using Decrepify for extra DR/slow/stun spam or speedrun

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Post your character sheet. And your gear. I am curious because you post a lot here and I would like to help.

E-If you made hex into your build. Try this one:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91460-helltooth-chicken-speed-farming-build-patch-2-6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZeIUf3fLg

I don't quite have the angry chicken knife/mojo bonus yet, so i'm using Jinx in the meantime. I'm using cubed Wormwood and Boots of Disregard (might switch that for Quetzacoatl), haven't found a good ring to cube yet

It's Arachyr's set, the rings are the Nagelring and Rogar's huge stone, amulet is the traveler's pledge because I havent been able to make a Hellfire amulet. Legendary gems are the Gem of Toxin, the Wildebeest's Gizzard, and Enforcer.

Right now my build is focusing on firebats, using the bracers that give +73k life per hit and 30% damage reduction while channeling firebats, dunno if that stacks with the Toad of Hugeness 50% damage reduction, and the staff that makes the bats fly faster and use 73% less mana to channel, and that's the only reason why I'm using vampire bats, because Piranhas cooldown rapidly hits 0 due to grave injustice. I think my build is currently all over the place, and I want to focus more on hex, maybe not so much firebats

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Make a level 1 Necromancer and use it to gamble rings until you get a Circle.

This worked! Finally got that bastard

Any tips for getting In-geom? To get a weapon is it better to upgrade a rare than gamble? Do I have to upgrade a sword to get it? I've never really been clear if a 1-hander can upgrade into any kind of 1-hander or if it's always the same type. I've never wanted to spend the mats experimenting either

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Xaris posted:

I'm also using Decrepify for extra DR/slow/stun spam or speedrun

How do you have room in your build for two curses?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dross posted:

How do you have room in your build for two curses?

I think the bigger question is why

mewse
May 2, 2006

myron cope posted:

This worked! Finally got that bastard

Any tips for getting In-geom? To get a weapon is it better to upgrade a rare than gamble?

Yes

quote:

Do I have to upgrade a sword to get it?

Yes

quote:

I've never really been clear if a 1-hander can upgrade into any kind of 1-hander or if it's always the same type. I've never wanted to spend the mats experimenting either

Gambling for a specific legendary is horrible because you gamble 75 blood shards for a "one handed weapon" which could be any type. When you upgrade rares a 1 handed sword becomes a legendary 1 handed sword, it is much more targeted. The general rule is only gamble for armor, but jewelry can be OK if you have all your armor slots covered. Never gamble weapons because it's a huge waste of blood shards.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

spit on my clit posted:

and Enforcer.

Right now my build is focusing on firebats, using the bracers that give +73k life per hit and 30% damage reduction while channeling firebats, dunno if that stacks with the Toad of Hugeness 50% damage reduction, and the staff that makes the bats fly faster and use 73% less mana to channel, and that's the only reason why I'm using vampire bats, because Piranhas cooldown rapidly hits 0 due to grave injustice. I think my build is currently all over the place, and I want to focus more on hex, maybe not so much firebats

First and foremost: Get Corpse Spiders. You are missing out on the 6pc

Drop enforcer your pets are the least of your worries. See if you can level up the best gem in the game "Bane of the Trapped" as well as "Bane of the Powerful"

Your main focus is whatever it is that says the 6pc bonus says. Your passives Fierce Loyalty, Midnight Fiest, and Zombie handler are of absolute no use to you.

Get Pierce the Veil to get the added damage.

Get an actual WD weapon. Im not sure what that weapon you have equipped is but its not at all standard to Witch Doctors.

The build you have right now depends on your spider to do the absolute most damage. And as far as I know does not scale with your enforcer. it should however do enough damage depending on you throwing out "Corpse Spiders" the primary skill I said earlier.

Work with this and see where you get at.

Also add me, I wont mind carrying you: Hopper#1927

E- Also got a discord? Ill talk you through it. I can invite you to mine.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 8, 2017

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

While we're saying gently caress Jay Wilson, I'd like to add gently caress Chris Metzen

gently caress Jay Wilson, but why do we need to gently caress Metzen? He owns.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
But his writing does not.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
It used to be good but it got corrupted

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

First and foremost: Get Corpse Spiders. You are missing out on the 6pc

Drop enforcer your pets are the least of your worries. See if you can level up the best gem in the game "Bane of the Trapped" as well as "Bane of the Powerful"

Your main focus is whatever it is that says the 6pc bonus says. Your passives Fierce Loyalty, Midnight Fiest, and Zombie handler are of absolute no use to you.

Get Pierce the Veil to get the added damage.

Get an actual WD weapon. Im not sure what that weapon you have equipped is but its not at all standard to Witch Doctors.

The build you have right now depends on your spider to do the absolute most damage. And as far as I know does not scale with your enforcer. it should however do enough damage depending on you throwing out "Corpse Spiders" the primary skill I said earlier.

Work with this and see where you get at.

Also add me, I wont mind carrying you: Hopper#1927

E- Also got a discord? Ill talk you through it. I can invite you to mine.

That staff appears to be this: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/staff-of-chiroptera which goes well with the Arachyr set.

Arachyr absolutely does not need to interact with corpse spiders/the spider queen pet to do damage. Pierce the veil might not work very well with the Firebats build, since the mana cost can be high. Dropping enforcer is a good idea, though.

Also, please immediately replace the ruby in that staff with an emerald.

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

Just do not give up if you die instantly. It does have a dancing playstyle that you will need to get used to. The main thing is that the rampup is kidna slow so don't be afraid to pop singularity right away to clear a big wave of mobs right away. Save LotD for other elite champs and just rotate your cooldowns.

If mobs get too close you can pop the Bone Armor in hopes your skeleton mages will knock them out instantly.

e- Here is my character for reference. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hopper-1927/hero/92192494

E2- God drat, some people are really lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNmfDzgHiE

I was finally able to pull it off. Thanks for the advice!

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...
Is there a better way of getting Tasker and Theo other than BS and Constant rifting. Do i have more of a chance trying on another class (other than Necro)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Does the type of legendary gem have any effect on the ancient item augment? So far I know the regular gem type picks the stat boosted and the legendary gem level affects the size of the boost.

Just have knocking out one more conquest and then a 50 level augment to finish my season journey. Thinking of just taking a boon of the hoarder up to 50 for the avarice conquest then dumping it into an item augment.