Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

Well, I just heard a Howard Stern segment from probably 7-8 years ago where Uncle Luke recalls how much he loved pissing on girls and would take players (unspecified pro or college) and they would have "sacrifice days" where they would basically take a girl and defile her up to and including pissing on her. He also mentioned taking the Fab 5 to a strip club where they all got blown on stage.

Mondays.

GO BLUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Sash! posted:

Paterno was dead before he was even recruited, let alone playing.

look I mean technically he didnt gently caress the kids just saying gusy

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

It seems to be a no-brainer choice because nobody but fans of those teams will even remember this happened in a few years but Ole Miss likely isn't smart enough to see it that way and will drag this out and probably lose.
I don't know, it wouldn't be like Ole Miss to foolishly cling to some sort of lost cause.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

woohoo new book about FSU going out!
http://books.wwnorton.com/books/detail.aspx?ID=4294994136

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I don't know, it wouldn't be like Ole Miss to foolishly cling to some sort of lost cause.

whatever do you mean

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Couldn't they compromise and have a "Colonel Bear" mascot who dresses up as a plantation owner but has no explicit ties to the confederacy?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

General Dog posted:

Couldn't they compromise and have a "Colonel Bear" mascot who dresses up as a plantation owner but has no explicit ties to the confederacy?

Colonel DeBears

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

Is Colonel Bear a polar bear, because that might be popular?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Uncle Luke owns.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What about, hear me out, an elephant mascot?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Ole Miss should just use the landshark as its mascot

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Colonel DeBears

Can he talk about the other mascot's use and abuse on anabolic steroids?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

Ole Miss should just use the landshark Admiral Ackbar as its mascot

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

General Dog posted:

I mean it's kind of hard to distance "plantation owners" and "the Confederacy."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Make the bear a fried chicken magnate that dresses up like a southern gentleman and also he's a Kentucky Colonel

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Stunt Rock posted:

I mean it's kind of hard to distance "plantation owners" and "the Confederacy."

Mel Gibson was a plantation owner and would have hated the confederacy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh poo poo yall! Wake Forest and Louisville got more beef!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

"Fake news" means he def said that

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He's also not entirely wrong. Jackson has huge flaws in his game that he currently overcomes at this level with phenomenal athleticism. He won't pull the same act in the NFL, he'll have to actually sit back and pick apart defenses and read coverages. I think he'll do something in the NFL but I'm not sure how long he'll last.

As neat as those anonymous coach hot takes are, that's one Clawson probably should have either kept to himself or filtered it a bit better.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 8, 2017

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech lost a walk-on QB to cancer :(

http://www.kulr8.com/story/36083390/bakers-luke-gonsioroski-passes-away-after-long-battle-with-cancer

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Now watch him lead Heaven to a 10-2 record.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

Ole Miss should just use the landshark as its mascot

Not an actual landshark mind you, but the lovely Jimmy Buffett beer.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Fun facts of the day:

https://twitter.com/SDS/status/895082132187430915

https://twitter.com/SDS/status/895083596561514496

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who was thinking about setting up a site for college football pools and stuff? Anyway the eliminator guys are back, you might talk to them in this thread.

It might or might not be worth merging it in there but I figure it's worth checking out. At the least I told them registration was down when you tried.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
cant wait to beat the florida state seminoles 52323-0 thank you for listening

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scionix posted:

cant wait to beat the florida state seminoles 52323-0 thank you for listening

No. :colbert:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Few expected Ohio State to suffer a 31-0 loss when the Buckeyes played Clemson in last year's Fiesta Bowl, but Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says he became confident the Tigers would win big as soon as he watched the Buckeyes' film.

During a radio interview with WCCP-FM's Walt Deptula on Monday, Swinney said he doesn't watch many Big Ten games during the season but felt the conference was overrated after watching Ohio State in preparation for the bowl game.

"Go back to last year. We're trying to figure out a way to put four Big Ten teams in the playoff," Swinney said. "And I didn't pay no attention to the Big Ten. You just kind of buy it (the Big Ten hype), right? That's just what's out there. And then we get ready to play Ohio State and I start watching the tape, I watch every single game and I go in and tell our guys, I'm like, 'Boys, these guys are in trouble.' I mean, I've watched the whole league, I've gone through the whole league both sides, these guys are in trouble. And that's exactly what happened."

The Fiesta Bowl was Ohio State's first shutout in any game since 1993. As a whole, the Big Ten went just 3-7 in last year's bowl games, including losses in New Year's Six games by Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan.

Nice

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Big 10 consistently overrated. Other news: water wet.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Big 10 consistently overrated. Other news: water wet.

Big 10 is a wrestling conference

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think watching any of the Big 10 teams play would have told you the league had really weak offensive line play overall, and Clemson having a monster d-line..well...yeah.

There's a reason the Michigan/Ohio State game was mostly determined by which QB would make the most disastrous mistakes while getting murdered by the opposing D-Line

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

At least the rest of us scored.

Michigan and Penn State lost by a combined four points. Not like either of those teams was completely over matched.

Lesson: stop giving Ohio State the benefit of the doubt.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Northwestern beat true national champion Pitt

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/university-of-georgia-students-can-choose-grades-in-stress-reduction-policy

A University of Georgia professor is allowing students to choose their own grade if it causes them stress.

Hoooo boy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

^^^Holy poo poo what an awful idea.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think watching any of the Big 10 teams play would have told you the league had really weak offensive line play overall, and Clemson having a monster d-line..well...yeah.

There's a reason the Michigan/Ohio State game was mostly determined by which QB would make the most disastrous mistakes while getting murdered by the opposing D-Line

This was absolutely the case in the UT/Nebraska game. Add in Tommy Armstrong as your QB who you need to make quick decisions and :gonk:

I actually don't remember him making too many boneheaded mistakes that game.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 9, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

At least the rest of us scored.

Michigan and Penn State lost by a combined four points. Not like either of those teams was completely over matched.

Lesson: stop giving Ohio State the benefit of the doubt.

Clemson would have definitely done the same thing to Michigan and probably Penn State given that Penn State couldn't move the ball at all against OSU. Clemson was really good!

The Big Ten was extremely top heavy but the top was pretty good. Bowl record is not a very good determiner of conference strength.

e: like realistically the other options for that playoff spot were three other teams from the same conference, two of whom OSU beat and one they lost to on a blocked kick but outgained by like a 200 yards (and anyway if your argument is that no Big Ten team should make it because the conference stinks that doesn't really fix anything), an Oklahoma team they demolished, and I guess USC? USC was probably the best of them by the end of the year but they had 3 losses.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 9, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah last year's B1G was the definition of top-heavy. There was just an enormous gulf between OSU, Michigan and PSU, and everyone else.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/university-of-georgia-students-can-choose-grades-in-stress-reduction-policy

A University of Georgia professor is allowing students to choose their own grade if it causes them stress.

Hoooo boy

i mean they're business courses so its not like daddy isn't paying for the grades anyway

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn State would have at least made one field goal

It was pretty clear by the end of the season that Barrett's only move was to juke all 11 defenders by hinself

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hoooo boy

There was more-or-less immediate pushback on that from pretty much everyone involved higher up the chain of command, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hoooo boy

I'm sure there's no correlation whatsoever

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/georgia/articles/2017-07-01/campus-carry-among-new-georgia-laws-taking-effect-in-july

• Locked thread