Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The best part of Brink was the Brink thread's desperate damage control (iirc it was run by a hired rep).

e: new page, great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I have never left with a worse taste in my mouth for a genre than the weekend I tried to get into MOBAS. A genre for insane people.

yeah. My friend tried DOTA 2 a few years ago and I started trying to learn it to play with him. Horrible experience and I regret all the time I wasted learning it. He quit shortly after I did.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mordja posted:

Why are you talking so much about Lawbreakers in the TF2 thread, as though they have anything to do with one another? Go do it in the LB one, Christ.
Probs cause some idiot posted in here trying to get people to play it and part of the sell was "Titanfall but no wall running or robots" and it's like "hmmm yes just what I wanted :thunk:"

Oh and I guess the game is garbage or something I dunno

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mordja posted:

Why are you talking so much about Lawbreakers in the TF2 thread, as though they have anything to do with one another? Go do it in the LB one, Christ.

Because....this season....CLIFFY B....IS GOING TO MAKE YOU HIS BITCH

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Brutakas posted:

I 100% agree about the current rodeo mechanic. If you get rodeoed just do a 180 and kill the pilot. The pilot doing the rodeo gets no choice of when they jump off or what direction they jump in once they actually complete the rodeo and get the battery. An option to shoot the internals or go for the battery would be a nice compromise.

Since I actually do like the idea of rodeo being "standardized" in terms of damage, honestly just giving the player the choice when to jump off would be a big boost since pretty much the major issue with it is that you can easily get the timing down of when to punch a rodeoer since as-is, you know when they have to get off.

If a player could choose to instead stay on and instead start pressing E to chuck grenades, or even just put them in normal riding a titan mode and say, they can start sticking satchels onto the titan, that would reduce the predictableness of TF|2's rodeo system to at least back to TF1's.

veni veni veni posted:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think a lot of TF2's balance changes have skewed too far in this direction and it's why newcomers are sometime put off by it. They've catered to the MLG crowd too much as time goes on when part of the games initial appeal was that practically everything was op as hell. I wish they had just focused on buffing things instead of nerfing the hell out of all the lower skill stuff, with some obvious exceptions like the Devotion and probably Tone before the first nerf. because they were just way too powerful.

I'm actually kind of curious what you consider lower skill stuff, because the more "we are terribad at FPSes" friends I got to play the game with me ended up saying to me that Grenadier were pretty much the best weapon for them in lieu of the Smart Pistol, and as far as I know they got away unscathed from the HTTK changes Respawn ended up using.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beyond stuff like the easier to use weapons/titans/boosts that got nerfed (mostly for the better but honestly they went to far with some of it and made some of the most powerful things in the game underpowered or flat out bad) , I was mostly referring to stuff like making the auto aim worse, which seems to me like a lousy thing to do, just to appeal to try hards with a chip on their shoulder.

I don't even really do worse than I did before the last patch but I think ARs are noticeably less fun and satisfying to use and for what, to appease some MLG dorks? The average person isn't a twitch master so why crap on them in favor of some people that think playing games is their job?

Probably goes without saying but I'm talking about console here.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

The new mobile spinoff, Titanfall: Assault, is out today for Android and iOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyywlZHh3-Q

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mordja posted:

Eh, the various B-tier shooters seem to do OK, stuff like Rising Storm 2 and Verdun which probably didn't have huge development costs and sold for a lower price point. Several 100k of sales, they never get massive but usually have enough people playing that you can get a game a couple years down the line. Honestly I can see Lawbreakers going the same way, because despite the smug Battleborne comparisons, it probably cost a fraction to make and was never meant to be the Next Big Thing.

Take a look at Boss Key's offices and the game's credits. There's 7 digits in Lawbreakers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alehkhs posted:

Wow crazy. I was actually saying a few months ago that I thought titanfall would make a cool RTS. I imagined it much cooler looking than that though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

veni veni veni posted:

Trying to tap the FPS market right now seems like straight up gambling. Either you fail miserably, or make the next Overwatch and get to swim in piles of money. TF2 is one of the few games that actually seems to have hit some middle ground.

Well Overwatch had the blizzard name so that was enough to sell it. Coupled with being a new niche type of game, easy to jump into; maybe difficult to master

However, you have poo poo like Horizon: Zero Dawn. Company comes out of left field and properly channels their resources and doesn't skip much on terms of quality. Tries something new and different--yes I understand open world is not a new concept--and knock it out of the god drat park

veni veni veni posted:

Wow crazy. I was actually saying a few months ago that I thought titanfall would make a cool RTS. I imagined it much cooler looking than that though.

Y'all let me know how it is

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well Overwatch had the blizzard name so that was enough to sell it.

Well, yeah, and a company of 5000 employees behind it.

:laffo: at the comparison to Respawn with 150 people

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Your unrelenting hate boner for Overwatch will never not entertain me. :v:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Well, yeah, and a company of 5000 employees behind it.

:laffo: at the comparison to Respawn with 150 people

We're talking about successful FPSs didn't say anything about company size :confused:

You can hate on Overwatch and that style of game (like goons love hating on league of legends) but they're making money hand over fist and obviously did something right. Goons always think this niche game-hating circle jerk on SA speaks for the majority #wakeupsheep #staywoke

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

We're talking about successful FPSs didn't say anything about company size :confused:

You can hate on Overwatch and that style of game (like goons love hating on league of legends) but they're making money hand over fist and obviously did something right. Goons always think this niche game-hating circle jerk on SA speaks for the majority #wakeupsheep #staywoke

I agree why is everyone hating on Brink?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I agree why is everyone hating on Brink?

:thunk: Not sure what your tone is here.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Let me compare it to No Man's Sky launch, but it somehow managed to be worse.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Wazzit posted:

:thunk: Not sure what your tone is here.

I was kinda mocking that dude annnnd saying how amazing Brink is( sarcastically).

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Frontier defense is free right? Bought tf2 for a friend and I can't look it up on my account.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

Frontier defense is free right? Bought tf2 for a friend and I can't look it up on my account.

All content is free, you only pay for cosmetic DLC wich isn't needed at all so go hog wild!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xxEightxx posted:

Yeah. The only paid DLC in TF2 is cosmetic stuff - camos/skins, alternate Titan models, banners and patches, etc.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Just got Ronin's final aegis upgrade and :stare:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Eyud posted:

Just got Ronin's final aegis upgrade and :stare:

Is that the infinite core one?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
it doubles the core duration and makes it so that core attacks generate shield

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Two days and all I'm getting matchmade in is Final Waves. These games I'm ended up in the last wave of have to start at some point, right? Why isn't it dropping me there?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I think there's a way you can change your server on xbox - maybe try that?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I just got double clusters for Northstar and I was expecting a little different animation or something but the rockets shoot out so fast after each other it doesn't really look any different.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
They are slightly offset now, not straight down the center. Careful when aiming them

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alehkhs posted:

So I've been playing it and it's fun, but it's a cellphone game designed to milk you for money and have you wait in order to unlock cards to upgrade unless you pay in tokens and whatnot. So it's like every other cellphone game. It's pretty fun though, any goons playing want to form a Guild?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Your unrelenting hate boner for Overwatch will never not entertain me. :v:

My eClit grows giant with rage whenever I even hear the words 'watch' or 'over' in a sentence. I am the angriest goon.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Thanks all. Want to surprise my bud but would hate to him a game and say 'here go buy some dlc'

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I did buy the all the callsign packs because I like pictures

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Buy everything because Titanfall is worth supporting.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

Buy everything because Titanfall is worth supporting.

Wait no, have you heard of a game called L-a-w-b-r-e-a-k-e-r-s ?? :agesilaus:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Wait no, have you heard of a game called L-a-w-b-r-e-a-k-e-r-s ?? :agesilaus:

Sounds like an overwatch clone

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

I did buy the all the callsign packs because I like pictures

I really like them too, banners like that were one of my favorite parts of modern warfare 1/2. They're a great way to inject mini-objectives, lore, concept art, and weed jokes (although there are no weed joke banners in tf2 that I've seen, I think I've complained about this before).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Frothy's ideas about titan combat are loving stupid actually

But hey, at least he's advocating for the most important portion of titanfall players: ctf spergs

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My eClit grows giant with rage whenever I even hear the words 'watch' or 'over' in a sentence. I am the angriest goon.

To be fair, Overwatch is loving gash so I can fully understand why it annoys you.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Frothy's ideas about titan combat are loving stupid actually

But hey, at least he's advocating for the most important portion of titanfall players: ctf spergs
Man I respect Frothy for being p decent at the game but dude's a real salt mine. "Why is the Smart Pistol still in the game?? :qq:" uhhh because it's fun you idiot

Though maybe it's me that's the real salt mine because it's people like him that got the Smart Pistol changed into a worthless boost and also highly likely the reason AI spawns were removed in non-Attrition/BH game modes.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I tried Overwatch and well, for me it was like TF2 when it just stopped being team fortress 2 and started to be pay2win: hat simulator. I guess that I'm not the target audience for MOBAs or whatever that means. In fact TF2 sometimes gives me the same feel Onslaught gave me in Unreal Tournament 2k4, but titans are way better than normal vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Though maybe it's me that's the real salt mine because it's people like him that got the Smart Pistol changed into a worthless boost and also highly likely the reason AI spawns were removed in non-Attrition/BH game modes.
Which is ironic in a way since grunts in Hardpoint could fix the issue Frothy and co. have with the game mode.
Back in the original Titanfall I was surprised one round of Hardpoint when I noticed a captured point was slowly being capped by the enemy: rushing there I discovered that there were no enemy players and it was in fact the work of a squad of Grunts that managed to get in the room and one of them was even using the keyboard on the control point. Since it was the only time I saw that and I killed them pretty quickly, I don't know if they could've also captured, but here's the deal: if Grunts can capture points on their own and if they were the only ones that could Amp said control points, players would be encouraged to get out and kill other players and grunts instead of sitting on a location to keep those sweet 2x points coming it.

As for the Smart Pistol I would like to see it return as a selectable sidearm, but I think that (and I know I'm in the minority on this forum) only the Amped version should be able to lock onto pilots.