Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

Well poo poo. Looks like Valiant's Shadowman HC and Book of Death HC are out of print and stupidly expensive.

ANyone got a line on these? I will offer up a still shrink-wrapped Cable/Deadpool Omnibus in trade.

Amazon UK still has the Shadowman HC in stock somehow. Shipping shouldn't be too expensive.

e: vvvv Oh. :saddowns:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Amazon UK still has the Shadowman HC in stock somehow. Shipping shouldn't be too expensive.

"Usually dispatched in 1 to 4 weeks" almost certainly means that it's a mistake and they don't actually have it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funtax posted:

I've got the Book of Death Deluxe HC, but not shrink wrapped (read it once).

Oh reallllly....

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rhyno posted:

Oh reallllly....

Yessir. Shoot me a PM.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well poo poo. Looks like Valiant's Shadowman HC and Book of Death HC are out of print and stupidly expensive.

ANyone got a line on these? I will offer up a still shrink-wrapped Cable/Deadpool Omnibus in trade.

I'm surrounded by shops that I don't get to shop at often enough. If any of them have the Shadowman HC, I imagine we could work something out? I don't mind calling around.

This book, right?
https://smile.amazon.com/Shadowman-Deluxe-Book-DLX-Hc/dp/1939346436/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502513871&sr=8-1&keywords=shadowman+hc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm surrounded by shops that I don't get to shop at often enough. If any of them have the Shadowman HC, I imagine we could work something out? I don't mind calling around.

This book, right?
https://smile.amazon.com/Shadowman-Deluxe-Book-DLX-Hc/dp/1939346436/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502513871&sr=8-1&keywords=shadowman+hc

That's the one my dude.

I'm going to be selling off a ton of books I no longer need in my collection so I have a boatload of stuff I could trade for it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That's the one my dude.

I'm going to be selling off a ton of books I no longer need in my collection so I have a boatload of stuff I could trade for it.

If I can find one at cost, or close to cost (a longshot, I realize), I'd rather just break even. I'm not looking for much these days. Just Scioli's Transformers v. G.I. Joe Volume 1, the Scott Aukerman Spider-Man/Deadpool issue I found out about too late (because I like Aukerman, not Deadpool), Hip Hop Family Tree, not much else. But I will let you know!

EDIT: Came up empty at the three shops I checked with today. I'm sorry!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 12, 2017

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

As a Venom and symbiote fanboy, did any of the myriad Venom solo series get collected? I know of the Lethal Protector and The Enemy Within TPBs, but there's huge swaths of Venom series from the 90s that I don't think have been reprinted in trade form.

Likewise, did the Toxin solo series ever get collected, or the "Planet of the Symbiotes" Spidey miniseries?

Maybe I can hope that with the Venomverse thing happening that maybe some of the older Venom stuff will get some love.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's very few Venom trades. I believe someone has Amazon-fished a Venom Epic Collection that reprints all his major appearances in chronological order.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Xenomrph posted:

As a Venom and symbiote fanboy, did any of the myriad Venom solo series get collected? I know of the Lethal Protector and The Enemy Within TPBs, but there's huge swaths of Venom series from the 90s that I don't think have been reprinted in trade form.

Likewise, did the Toxin solo series ever get collected, or the "Planet of the Symbiotes" Spidey miniseries?

Maybe I can hope that with the Venomverse thing happening that maybe some of the older Venom stuff will get some love.

There's this one in November:

Venom: Carnage Unleashed Paperback – November 28, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Carnage-Unleashed-Larry-Hama/dp/1302907964/
COLLECTING: VENOM: CARNAGE UNLEASHED 1-4, VENOM: SINNER TAKES ALL 1-5; MATERIAL FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, SPIDERMAN SUPER SPECIAL, VENOM SUPER SPECIAL, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I did a little digging on Amazon and this is coming later in the year:

Venom: Carnage Unleashed https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302907964/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_o07JzbAX3VV5W

It's got a couple of the miniseries, and the Planet of the Symbiotes arc I mentioned.

A few others seem to be reprinted in this one, which came out earlier this year:

Venom: Separation Anxiety https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302901729/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_L17JzbJGKN7MR

And there's some overlap with the Carnage Unleashed trade that's coming out, but I found this one that has some other stuff (and is more Carnage-centric):

Carnage Classic https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302900595/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_o47JzbMGZYQY6

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Dang. I just bought The Unstoppable Wasp Tpb and that is some thin rear end paper. I mean it is pretty much just a magazine with a slightly thicker cover and even the cover is thinner than they used to be. Are all Marvel trades like that now?

Also. I am thinking of getting rid of my Usagi hardcovers anyone here interested? I have the https://www.amazon.com/Stan-SakaisU...s=usagi+special and the Dark Horse 1-5 (Signed with a little sketch)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Saw the underjacket for the new Harley Quinn omnibus posted.

That's pretty styley.

HAI LEY IN OUI!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 13, 2017

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Threw some books up on ebay. Hickman FF Omnis, Usage Deluxe Slipcase, Remender's X-Force. Might add some more stuff tonight.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/sporklift1

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Doing a shelf by shelf inventory and trying to part with one book per shelf.

Would anyone be interested in a like new copy of the New Warriors Omnibus? (with the classic cover) Looks like they sell for close to $100 used but I'd let this sucka go for $60 + shipping.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Does Ikea sell a 2x1 Expedit Kallax unit? I have a space that would be perfect for one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uthor posted:

Does Ikea sell a 2x1 Expedit Kallax unit? I have a space that would be perfect for one.

If only there was a website that had Ikea's full catalog on it. I guess we'll just have to wait until someone comes and answers this question for you!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I think the closest you get is 2x2. They used to do 1x2 i think but not anymore.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

RevKrule posted:

I think the closest you get is 2x2. They used to do 1x2 i think but not anymore.

I thought so, too. Oh well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well if you're okay with an off brand Wal-Mart, Target and Big Lots have a 1x2 from time to time.

I'm resting my feet on one right now.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Woah. Is Batman & Robin By Tomasi & Gleason Omnibus any good? I've only read Morrison's run in terms of Batman & Robin.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hell yeah. They're a fantastic team on superhero family stories, as evidenced by their current Superman series.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just saw Peter David's Aquaman is getting trade releases now. I'm glad it's finally happening, but can somebody explailn why trade releases are so far apart from each other?

Nect volume of Mark Waid Flash is half a year away

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because DC is bad at trades

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

Well if you're okay with an off brand Wal-Mart, Target and Big Lots have a 1x2 from time to time.

I'm resting my feet on one right now.

Oh hey Target has them on sale for $25 this week.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The reason why the next volume of Mark Waid's Flash is so far off is because that's how long it takes me to read them. DC base their schedule around me.

(I only have 2 of them, did the 3rd come out yet?)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

irlZaphod posted:

(I only have 2 of them, did the 3rd come out yet?)

I'm pretty sure it is. But as a disclaimer, I have the first two Mark Waid ones and the first three Geoff Johns ones sitting next to each other on my shelf at home, so I may be mixing them up.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So I just got the new Abe Sapien HC. Does the Hell on Earth series precede it? It seems weird to release them out of order especially since they don't seem to mind waiting years in-between releases

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Justa reminder for my fellow Valiant HC collectors.

The Secret Weapons HC collection is initially a Local Comic Shop Day edition available tomorrow. I don't think they've said that this will be the only edition but I see nothing about a mass market version being offered any time soon so if you need a HC edition I advise you to get to your shop tomorrow.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

sporklift posted:

So I just got the new Abe Sapien HC. Does the Hell on Earth series precede it? It seems weird to release them out of order especially since they don't seem to mind waiting years in-between releases

Yep it says in the introduction of the new Abe Sapien book it takes place after Hell on Earth volume 2 which comes out next year.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

sporklift posted:

Well, there's that new Abe Sapien unrelated fish monster movie they need to capitalize on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Uthor posted:

Well, there's that new Abe Sapien unrelated fish monster movie they need to capitalize on.

Side note, my hype for Shape of Water is second only to my hype for Star Wars.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Morrison Seven Soldiers and Batman omnibuses solicited.

quote:

Seven Soldiers by Grant Morrison Omnibus
Grant Morrison, J.H. Williams III (Illustrated by), Ryan Sook (Illustrated by), Cameron Stewart (Illustrated by)

On sale 21st August, $75, 792 pages

Grant Morrison’s epic and ambitious SEVEN SOLDIERS saga is collected here in its entirety for the first time ever!

SEVEN SOLDIERS is an epic tale of life, death, triumph and redemption that explores the nature of heroism and sacrifice. Featuring seven heroes: the Shining Knight, the Guardian, Zatanna, Bulleteer, Frankenstein, Mister Miracle and Klarion the Witch Boy. Independently, each of these characters is featured in a story that redefines their purpose in the DC Universe. But their stories also interweave with the others, telling a grander story of a devastating global threat to mankind. Together, these reluctant champions must work together to save the world from the insidious threat of the invading Sheeda warriors—without even meeting one another.

With art from one of the greatest group of illustrators ever collected, including J.H. Williams III, Ryan Sook, Cameron Stewart, Yanick Paquette, Doug Mahnke and more, this massive omnibus collection brings together one of the most ambitious projects in DC history. Collects SEVEN SOLDIERS #0-1, SEVEN SOLDIERS: SHINING KNIGHT #1-4, SEVEN SOLDIERS: GUARDIAN #1-4, SEVEN SOLDIERS: ZATANNA #1-4, SEVEN SOLDIERS: KLARION THE WITCH BOY #1-4, SEVEN SOLDIERS: MISTER MIRACLE #1-4, SEVEN SOLDIERS: BULLETEER #1-4 and SEVEN SOLDIERS: FRANKENSTEIN #1-4.

quote:

Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1
Grant Morrison, Andy Kubert (Illustrated by), Tony Daniel (Illustrated by)
10 July 2018 $125.00, 1000 pages

The New York Times bestselling tales of Batman by Grant Morrison are now collected in their entirety in this oversize omnibus edition!

One of the greatest storytellers of his generation, Grant Morrison’s arrival onto the Dark Knight was one of the most hyped debuts in industry history. This collection includes time-spanning epic graphic novels featuring the cataclysmic events of FINAL CRISIS and the introduction of Batman’s son, Damian Wayne! These blockbuster stories featured a deconstruction of super hero comics like never before, with challenging, thought-provoking takes on the modern, four-color icons.

Guessing the exact size of Batman isn't locked down.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm glad that omnibus isn't out until July, because I just used that insane $5 trade sale on Comixology to grab all the trades of the Morrison Batman. Now I can read all those and not understand any of it, which will keep me from buying that $125 omnibus and spending way more money not understanding it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Looks like the Akira box-set is out on Amazon. I'm very tempted to buy it, but Amazon packing is atrocious. I'm pretty confident that they go out of their way to ensure the package is going to be damaged. They shipped me an omnibus once in a padded bubble envelope.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you consider the box a lost cause right now, at least there's a pretty good chance of the books themselves being pristine!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The books themselves are definitely the main attraction; they're beautiful. I recommend taking them out of the case regardless of its state on arrival.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I’d be all over that box set if I didn’t already have the series.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I'm looking for decent Spider-Man collections. Is the Todd McFarlane omnibus any good, or is it just too 90's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unit24 posted:

I'm looking for decent Spider-Man collections. Is the Todd McFarlane omnibus any good, or is it just too 90's?

It is good if you're a fan of his art.