Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

This is it. I'm not sure there's a better tshirt on aliexpress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The Snoo posted:

aren't switchblades illegal in the US :confused: (I'm not sure if yours here is one but the one you quoted in the recent purchases thread sure is.)

???????????????

I'm in Australia (which probably has stricter knife laws than the US. I know I can't buy a karambit because anything with finger-holds is illegal in my state) but that's not a push-button switchblade. The blade swings out from the handle and locks in place and you need to release the lock / catch to close it. I was kind of surprised that it got through customs tbh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I haven't had sunglasses for maybe ten years because I never seem to find a pair I like. Now I found some on Aliexpress (from the brand's Official Store):

Here's hoping they don't give me slimy ear plague or something.

e: Maybe I wasn't even looking that hard but I got tired of squinting all Summer.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Is anyone finding the flash sales on the app a little wonky?

When I view it on my PC, there is the usual mix of stuff from across all the categories.

However, after viewing some walkie-talkies on my tablet, out of the first 30 items on the app flash sale, 25 of them are radios.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Is the app really all that beneficial? I'd probably go to the trouble of starting up an android emulator if the price difference was meaningful.

Also, since folks here are used to aliexpress - has anyone come across a reasonably priced MP3 desktop stereo player? There's traditional style boombox type devices with CD players and there's bluetooth speakers, but using terms like "desktop mp3 player" gives irrelevant results like winamp/foobar. I'm looking for a hardware device in the 20-30 range that can take an SDcard/USB stick and just play MP3/audio natively without any other crap attached to it, and without the added cost of an essentially useless CD player.

I swear it shouldn't be so hard to find something like this, but I guess it's becase most people play music with phones and other portable devices these days.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

I haven't had sunglasses for maybe ten years because I never seem to find a pair I like. Now I found some on Aliexpress (from the brand's Official Store):

Here's hoping they don't give me slimy ear plague or something.

e: Maybe I wasn't even looking that hard but I got tired of squinting all Summer.

Be careful buying Chinese sunglasses. Sometimes they use tinted glass with no actual UV protection, which is super bad for your eyes (worse than wearing no sunglasses at all).

Best bet might be to see if you can swap some legit lenses into the frames.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Squish posted:

Is the app really all that beneficial? I'd probably go to the trouble of starting up an android emulator if the price difference was meaningful.

You save like 0.005% on the purchases.
But it lets my buy crap while I am sitting on the toilet

quote:

Also, since folks here are used to aliexpress - has anyone come across a reasonably priced MP3 desktop stereo player? There's traditional style boombox type devices with CD players and there's bluetooth speakers, but using terms like "desktop mp3 player" gives irrelevant results like winamp/foobar. I'm looking for a hardware device in the 20-30 range that can take an SDcard/USB stick and just play MP3/audio natively without any other crap attached to it, and without the added cost of an essentially useless CD player.

I swear it shouldn't be so hard to find something like this, but I guess it's becase most people play music with phones and other portable devices these days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-MC500-Mini-Bluetooth-Speaker-x/dp/B00GXO1KJW/ref=sr_1_7?s=network-media&ie=UTF8
Plays from a micro SD card, takes power from a mini USB, not stereo but surprisingly loud and even more surprisingly, sounds very good at loud volumes

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
That's a good start. I'm looking into it now, but doesn't ship to Australia. I'll have a look on other sites for the same thing.

Any others?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HazCat posted:

Be careful buying Chinese sunglasses. Sometimes they use tinted glass with no actual UV protection, which is super bad for your eyes (worse than wearing no sunglasses at all).

Best bet might be to see if you can swap some legit lenses into the frames.

The likelihood that cheap Chinese sunglasses will have non-UV-blocking lenses is literally the same as with non-cheap Chinese sunglasses. (And all sunglasses are Chinese.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm already browsing the cheap Chinese UV lens testers though. Maybe I could be Fat Clive and see if they actually work or are just for advertisement purposes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Regsrding those duckie pants last page, I posted the same on my fb a week ago, baffled. Then someone explained they were puppy pants, and it all made adorable sense.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Squish posted:

That's a good start. I'm looking into it now, but doesn't ship to Australia. I'll have a look on other sites for the same thing.

Any others?

Pretty sure that multiple companies sell that under different brand names

Search for the spec set

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I have cheap sunglasses where when I put them on, I can no longer see the display on my car radio. Is that good or bad? If I tilt my head I can see it again.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

evobatman posted:

I have cheap sunglasses where when I put them on, I can no longer see the display on my car radio. Is that good or bad? If I tilt my head I can see it again.

They are polarised lenses.

Which is a good thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

evobatman posted:

Well at least they're polarized one way or another. Of course polarization doesn't help with UV.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cyberia posted:

Cross-posting from the recent purchases thread, I got this rad knife for, like, five bucks:

Got a link to the knife?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Got a link to the knife?

troubled youth and lack of parental affection

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Got a link to the knife?

No it's untraceable, don't worry.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Blue Train posted:

Got a link to the knife?

Phone posting so not sure if this will work:

http://s.aliexpress.com/BZvURNvI

If that link doesn't work search for 'rainbow knife' and take your pick.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

McSpergin posted:

I have one of those 500 sticker and a 100 sticker packs on standby for payday so that I can stickerbomb my new computer case and maybe my kegerator

I found a better use for your $7:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
be nice. aliexpress is suboxone for our shopping addictions.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cyberia posted:

Ty

Pick posted:

troubled youth and lack of parental affection

Jerry Cotton posted:

No it's untraceable, don't worry.

lol

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
So my endoscopic camera came in, I kind of wish I had waited for a sale because I paid 8 bucks for a five-footer only to see a ten-footer go on sale for that much as a flash deal. But regardless, it works well and the lights are controlled via an analog wheel. It shipped with a tiny disc and a QR code for an ad-riddled proprietary app but I just used a free Android program instead and it worked right away. For practical purposes I can see this being awesome for someone who has to work with engines or small crawlspaces (especially with the hooks and magnets attachments so you can use it for plucking and fishing), for artistry the low resolution and wiggliness means that everything looks like a Lynchian nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpTrshLFOI

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
holy poo poo that is so awesome

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cyberia posted:

2017 new fidget spinner rainbow color Fruit knife camping outdoor small folding knife outdoor self-defense fighting fishing

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Synthbuttrange posted:

2017 new fidget spinner rainbow color Fruit knife camping outdoor small folding knife outdoor self-defense fighting fishing

I'd, uh, I'd like to see someone try to use this knife as a fidget spinner without hurting themselves

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

I found a better use for your $7:

This month is the first in about 3-4 years that I've had anywhere near a decent sum to spend on myself, due to taking on some lovely debts when I was younger. However I've paid off all bar 1, so I'm treating myself for working hard and scrimping to get rid of most of the debt. The other won't be clear until Xmas but on the other hand I've also got some money saved towards it already

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

So my endoscopic camera came in, I kind of wish I had waited for a sale because I paid 8 bucks for a five-footer only to see a ten-footer go on sale for that much as a flash deal. But regardless, it works well and the lights are controlled via an analog wheel. It shipped with a tiny disc and a QR code for an ad-riddled proprietary app but I just used a free Android program instead and it worked right away. For practical purposes I can see this being awesome for someone who has to work with engines or small crawlspaces (especially with the hooks and magnets attachments so you can use it for plucking and fishing), for artistry the low resolution and wiggliness means that everything looks like a Lynchian nightmare.

The trouble with longer ones is that when you set the leds to max brightness the video feed tends to cut off and flicker.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

Hahahahahaha

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Mann posted:

I got the 5mm/2m one from Banggood for free. Well it was on sale for like $6.5, but I got it refunded because the specs said it did 640x480 and 720p but it actually only works at 640x, the higher resolution is for the larger diameter models. TBH that was a reasonable price for it anyway, but I would've paid a bit more for a 720p model if I knew. Still, at least it's narrower so I can stick it in narrower orifices.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I have given up on my toothpick crossbow ever coming from ebay.

Ha, mine arrived the other day, haven't opened it yet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
giving up hope is when china post is actually allowed to put it on an outboard ship

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Remulak posted:

Ha, mine arrived the other day, haven't opened it yet.

I've given up on mine too :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So I just checked to see if they showed up again anywhere. Apparently not but there's this thing:

:stonklol:

"Stainless Steel Mini Crossbow Arrow Children Shooting Toy Gift Decor"

Hopefully some enterprising fellow in Malaysia will realize the huge potential and set up a re-export operation soon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
so it take it that's not a mini crossbow for children, it's a mini crossbow... for children

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That poo poo is sick but too expensive

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

:drat: I can't believe that thing got through customs
Also envious as hell, gimme!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Just wanted to point out - that's a dog diaper. The hole, obviously, is for the tail. They're wonderful when your pup is incontinent.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Lmao at the crossbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm already browsing the cheap Chinese UV lens testers though. Maybe I could be Fat Clive and see if they actually work or are just for advertisement purposes.

You just need to buy a cheap Chinese UV lens tester tester and then you'll be set.