Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If HBO is dying to make a show, I'd love to see an alternate history where Reconstruction was way more successful than it was in reality. I have no doubt we'd still be a racist nation, but different somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ascii genitals posted:

Now that Kevin Plank of Under Armour has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF PRICES OF MENS UNDERWEAR!

UA Original Boxerjocks are worth every penny.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If HBO is dying to make a show, I'd love to see an alternate history where Reconstruction was way more successful than it was in reality. I have no doubt we'd still be a racist nation, but different somehow.

Gotta say that sounds like a pretty boring show man.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true, but if i died protesting a bunch of nazi fuckheads and was murdered by one. id want my death to be their deathknell and gently caress their entire movement. her's may have. she is martyr now and belongs to the ages.

I wish that were the case, but she'll soon be forgotten, just like when South Carolina FINALLY took down their Confederate flag, and everyone just moved on to focusing on the newest Katy Perry album.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/897256321166323713
https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/897251588414337025
https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/897255654204858368

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Suppose I did that. Can you prove I hate Jews, and not that I hate specifically the rabbi at that synagogue and wanted to write whatever would hurt him the most?

Hate crimes are super hard to prove, and generally rely on the perpetrator having a journal.

Nah, that's a pretty strong hate crimes case.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

If anyone is a Wilco fan, they just released a song called All Lives You Say? with all proceeds going to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

And if you don't like Wilco or don't know about them, buy it anyway. It's a chill rear end song that calls All Lives Matter people thin skinned AND it supports a good cause.

https://wilcohq.bandcamp.com/

I've never heard wilcos music, but this reminds me of Willie.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/skaboomizzy/status/897258388391907328

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sephyr posted:

True, but these creeps appropriated Pepe, video games and freaking MILK. Just wasn't sure it wasn't a thing.

UnderArmor may not be a thing, but Fred Perry shirts are. And the company isn't happy about it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

well, amazon is doing this thing

quote:

Titled Black America, the drama hails from top feature producer Will Packer (Ride Along, Think Like A Man franchises, Straight Outta Compton) and Peabody-winning The Boondocks creator and Black Jesus co-creator Aaron McGruder. It envisions an alternate history where newly freed African Americans have secured the Southern states of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama post-Reconstruction as reparations for slavery, and with that land, the freedom to shape their own destiny. The sovereign nation they formed, New Colonia, has had a tumultuous and sometimes violent relationship with its looming “Big Neighbor,” both ally and foe, the United States. The past 150 years have been witness to military incursions, assassinations, regime change, coups, etc. Today, after two decades of peace with the U.S. and unprecedented growth, an ascendant New Colonia joins the ranks of major industrialized nations on the world stage as America slides into rapid decline. Inexorably tied together, the fate of two nations, indivisible, hangs in the balance.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sephyr posted:

Didn't one of the more visible nazis in C-ville wear their logo on something? It seems really familiar.

No, that was the Detroit Red Wings

They had denounced them and announced legal action before any of the violence even occurred

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

goons itt have said the same thing about "identity politics"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Party Plane Jones posted:

I don't think I saw this gem in the thread as yet?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/897223558073602049

edit: Gingrich with the thermonuclear take
https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/897257484439519233

https://twitter.com/RTMannJr/status/897168541555798016

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Does anyone have that statement, I think it was a twitter post, about the only way to stop nazis? I've been trying to find it again. Also I think someone posted an amazon link to a book about the rise of the reich I was looking for.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/897145204494528512

quote:

As a descendant of several Confederate veterans, and a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, I can [supply the hottest of takes]

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Man, two supernova level hot takes on the same page...

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

n4 posted:

Isn't Dreamhost goon owned?
Edit: Disregard.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 15, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Sweet mother of god. OKAY Mr. Sexy anime girl twitter.

e- Oh poo poo it's Rob Morrow! :v:

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 15, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/897234310138343432

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

boner confessor posted:

goons itt have said the same thing about "identity politics"

It's all forgotten now that everyone can dunk on Nazis together. Here's hoping they won't remember to dredge up that poo poo anymore.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

This is the Civil War version of "actually, BOTH sides are wrong!"

Good luck convincing any American (especially African Americans) that the man who emancipated the slaves was actually totally a white supremacist because of some political maneuverings he made to try to avoid war, rebellion, and the collapse of a nation.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm trying to spot my ex and her bf in this, because the pics on their FBs place them like within 10 feet of this, they're just a little past the end of the last 'N' in Harry Winston.

I'm proud of them :allears:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Interweb posted:

I wish that were the case, but she'll soon be forgotten, just like when South Carolina FINALLY took down their Confederate flag, and everyone just moved on to focusing on the newest Katy Perry album.

maybe. but remeber trump is involved and is president, he will rant about this for at least a week and will bring it up again and again.

get hosed rear end in a top hat. you great grand pappy got his guts blown out and died writhing for a bunch of inbreed wannabe aristocrats who wanted to keep a entire race enslaved. your cause is poo poo and so are you.

of course he did.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mahoning posted:

Good luck convincing any American (especially African Americans) that the man who emancipated the slaves was actually totally a white supremacist because of some political maneuverings he made to try to avoid war, rebellion, and the collapse of a nation.

i mean pretty much every american president of the 18th and 19th century (and most if not all in the 20th) were huge racists who probably don't deserve memorials

but if we're going to go beyond taking down confederate memorials and start in on the white supremacists we should definitely start with the ones who actually owned slaves first

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Those armrests are fascist.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If this premise had been posited by anyone else, I would give an eye so wary, I'd go crosseyed when it came up as an advertisement, but its creators make me think it might be worth checking out.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Mr Interweb posted:

I'd like to think that there's a difference between lowering a bit of cloth, and tearing down meant-to-be-permanent public 'art', charging a car into a crowd and, carrying torches in public while spouting 1930's nazi propaganda. have one ounce of faith in humanity.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Covok posted:

I would also not call it victory until people like alt right are pushed into a fringe minority of the Republican party that have no power. Essentially, they become impotent or vanished.

Isn't that exactly what's happening though? Bannon Trump and Sessions being removed is definitely the medium term goal, but if we take it one step at a time, I feel like these are at least the right steps.

Hang in there mate.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I didn't realize there'd ever been a point where 2nd got VP. Imagine that in the last 30-40 years or so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1800#House_election_of_1801

Basically the entire constitution seized up and crashed the first time it was applied to a contested election, The 12th Amendment patched the problem but it's good to keep in mind when talking with morons who think the Founding Fathers were demi-gods who invented the perfect form of government.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mahoning posted:

Honestly pretty much any white person in the 1800s was probably a white supremacist by today's standards (or at least "pretty darn racist") and I doubt Lincoln was an exception. But the fact that he did the right thing - hell one of the greatest things any president has ever done - regardless makes him even more worthy of commemoration, not less.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
D'Souza jfc

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/896728853414072320
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/897092995945648128

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/897229893339144193

Can we confirm the credibility of this. I've trusted Abramson but weary to anything that sounds like a Louise Mensch fever dream. If so, find us the pee tapes now!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

code:
TRUMP time to condemn literal nazis.......................................3 days
TRUMP time to condemn media for being truly bad people....................6 hours

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The Lincoln thing is real dumb but to be honest yeah most of the statues of old shitheads in this country probably deserve to be torn down, get rid of the slavers, abusers, genocidal monsters, all of em.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Ague Proof posted:

Those armrests are fascist.

They're sort-of missing the axe, but yeah, they are, aren't they?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Man, if old Robert E. Lee was so against slavery and secession then maybe he should've accepted when Lincoln offered him command of the Army of the Potomac.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Giggy posted:

why we can't compromise with Nazis.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lizardman posted:

Honestly pretty much any white person in the 1800s was probably a white supremacist by today's standards (or at least "pretty darn racist") and I doubt Lincoln was an exception. But the fact that he did the right thing - hell one of the greatest things any president has ever done - regardless makes him even more worthy of commemoration, not less.

this. pretty much every white dude outside a few were bog standard racist up until the 60s. the deal is some were more racist then others. like adams and his son were much less racist then jefferson. and ben franklin hated germans and thought they would poison the country.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BMB5150 posted:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/897229893339144193

Can we confirm the credibility of this. I've trusted Abramson but weary to anything that sounds like a Louise Mensch fever dream. If so, find us the pee tapes now!

check the washington post website

it is true but it was a lowlevel aide who got blown off by higherups

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

BrianBoitano posted:

code:
TRUMP time to condemn literal nazis............................................................3 days
TRUMP time to condemn media for being truly bad people.........................................6 hours
TRUMP time to attack African American CEO for quitting over failure to condemn Nazis..........55 minutes

Expanded that.

• Locked thread