Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow. I step away for one hour and Trump quintuples down on literally the worst thing imaginable.

This is going to blow the gently caress up. Any chance that this was going to gradually fizzle out is done. The outrage is going to be unprecedented.

Also just to get it out of the way beforehand, gently caress off Covok you're wrong.

Is it, though? It will draw endless condemnation from CNN and MSNBC and some moderate Republicans will speak out against it just like they always have, but nothing will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shookies
Aug 17, 2003

A Magic Hand took my Freeze-Gun!!

Lightning Knight posted:

Hey.

Hey guys.

Hey.

Remember that lady who made a Nazi salute at the RNC last year?

Remember when they said we were loving crazy people for saying she did that?????

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/21/laura_ingraham_gives_seeming_nazi_salute_to_image_of_trump.html

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i feel like reporters had a burst of responses to that and are now going "but did that really happen? it couldn't have, i probably need to go lie down" and have stopped while they process what just happened

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PenguinKnight posted:

This past week presidency summed up:

I do that too

Personally I go for a mouth agape while irl people around me are acting completely calm.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
if you like your Confederate monument, you can keep it

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I wonder who Bannon is going to have to destroy to keep himself within the Trumpsphere this time.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Do you think he'll hold another press conference tomorrow to make clear about the conference he held today to make clear on the conference making clear on his first conference?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

Is it, though? It will draw endless condemnation from CNN and MSNBC and some moderate Republicans will speak out against it just like they always have, but nothing will change.

pretty much all elected republicans want to put space between them and nazis and needed trump to say what he said on monday, but now he can't go back to that AGAIN after disavowing it so they're hosed

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Knight posted:

Hey.

Hey guys.

Hey.

Remember that lady who made a Nazi salute at the RNC last year?

Remember when they said we were loving crazy people for saying she did that?????

You were, that's still not what that was.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

3 and a quarter more years of this poo poo. loving hell.

(I know that Trump is in office until January 2021, but if he loses then the time between November and January will be delightful)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

I wish I had another response to this.

Your Taint posted:

He just openly supported white supremacy. You can't really duck this one.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

evilweasel posted:

i feel like reporters had a burst of responses to that and are now going "but did that really happen? it couldn't have, i probably need to go lie down" and have stopped while they process what just happened

well, you know what they say, "it can't happen here."

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 15, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pellisworth posted:

if you like your Confederate monument, you can keep it

:golfclap:

god drat

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
drat it, Prester Jane is the Cassandra of American politics and I'm genuinely worried for anyone in the path of the Nazi hordes that'd be crawling out of the woodwork.

Actually, that is my question- will they be crawling out of the woodwork, Prester Jane? This can't be anything but a strong endorsement from the President of the United States to the alt-Reich, but we've seen organized resistance from the left- will that be enough to stop the Nazis? Because at the rate things are going, blood is going to fill America's streets if they aren't.

Your Taint posted:

It seems that the revolution that the right has been wanting will have to come from the left, unfortunately.

Best wishes and prayers from a Malaysian, for all that's worth.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shifty Pony posted:

The USSS needs to jump on the mic next time because it is clearly the most dangerous thing in the world to Trump's presidency.

Except perhaps his smartphone

Or, perhaps, the subtle machinations of The Baby

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

theflyingorc posted:

You were, that's still not what that was.

Bullshit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Democrazy posted:

I wonder who Bannon is going to have to destroy to keep himself within the Trumpsphere this time.

Kellyanne. When it comes to shitbag logic, dump the women and children first, preferably drowning them and using them as flotation devices.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Your Taint posted:

This has had unusual reach across media and business, and that was when he made a decent statement two days late.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

For lunchtime menu:

Brioche with smoked turkey
Chinese garlic chicken with fried yellow noodle and vegetables
Trump going full Nazi

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

pretty much all elected republicans want to put space between them and nazis and needed trump to say what he said on monday, but now he can't go back to that AGAIN after disavowing it so they're hosed

From a point like this, in a sane world, there would be only two paths forward for other republicans:

1) calls for impeachment, or

2) strapping on armbands themselves

at this point there's no in between left. You're either pro nazi or anti-, and Trump has thrown himself firmly onto Team Swastika.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If the Nazis hold a rally anywhere this coming weekend like they have been planning one of them (the Nazis I mean) is going to be lynched. There won't be any way to control the kind of counter protests that are going to come out to face them.

Cities and towns will be CRAZY to not shut down any Nazi rally before it happens. Because if it does happen people will die.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

drat it, Prester Jane is the Cassandra of American politics and I'm genuinely worried for anyone in the path of the Nazi hordes that'd be crawling out of the woodwork.

Actually, that is my question- will they be crawling out of the woodwork, Prester Jane? This can't be anything but a strong endorsement from the President of the United States to the alt-Reich, but we've seen organized resistance from the left- will that be enough to stop the Nazis? Because at the rate things are going, blood is going to fill America's streets if they aren't.

I still just want this week's powerball numbers. I'm convinced that she has a loving time machine, that was spooky.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo, I spend literally one hour writing dissertation stuff and I come back to this. What the gently caress man. This poo poo is crazy, he was raising his voice and almost shouting and sounded angry and insane and hoooly poo poo. Every time he takes questions something absolutely ridiculous happens.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Does no one in the white house have ANY control over this guy? No one to go "Mr. President you cannot "both sides" Nazis"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of!

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-news-channel-laura-ingraham-1202527938/

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Does no one in the white house have ANY control over this guy? No one to go "Mr. President you cannot "both sides" Nazis"

military discpline guis

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Senator Schatz D-HI

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/897559129392168960

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I wish I had something wry or snarky to say, but... I feel like a lot more people are going to get hurt because of this. This is really, really bad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/MetroATLDSA/status/897509964868091904

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

DreamShipWrecked posted:

His advisors are Bannon and Miller. He's perfectly on-message.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

DreamShipWrecked posted:

No:

https://twitter.com/kristindonnelly/status/897551033743921152

Tens of thousands of mylar water balloons filled with undiluted bleach and those long range slingshots. Spend an entire weekend drenching the entire side of that mountain.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 15, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the guy all the way on the right is my favorite

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Kellyanne. When it comes to shitbag logic, dump the women and children first, preferably drowning them and using them as flotation devices.

I like the implication that Preibus is a child.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Go watch the video, it literally makes no sense in context as a Nazi salute

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

gently caress.
https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/status/897558899276099586

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm expecting much louder calls for impeachment in the next 24 hours.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

he mostly did this to rebel against them making him say that on monday

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

luckily the state of georgia has no general protections for confederate memorials wait i forgot we do, drat, and but the stone mountain carving is specifically protected by law and is state property

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Do you think he'll hold another press conference tomorrow to make clear about the conference he held today to make clear on the conference making clear on his first conference?

Then the conference to clear that up.

Then the.....etc.

By Friday he'll just be coming on stage and publically drowning kittens.

• Locked thread