Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

DrSeRRoD posted:

It's going to be the monk starting set next season too, based on the last few cycles. I foresee a lot of monks starting S12.
Hopefully the small line that says "Many Legendary and Set items have had their drop chance increased" means that the Fist of Az won't be rare as poo poo anymore. That was easily the worst part of playing an Uli monk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Hopefully it means Istvan won't be so drat rare anymore.

Frank China
Jun 17, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

There's a Salvage guide in the Farming section of Icy Veins. It lists all items required in their builds. I'd link it but I'm at work, pretty easy to find though.

Found it. Thanks!

mewse
May 2, 2006

bio347 posted:

Hopefully the small line that says "Many Legendary and Set items have had their drop chance increased" means that the Fist of Az won't be rare as poo poo anymore. That was easily the worst part of playing an Uli monk.

This almost seems like too much to hope for

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nothing in the game is that rare. All the mats and blood shards are easy to farm. And at that point you're just speeding up the fun part of the game, collecting stuff for builds. (I'm not one for pushing GRs and paragon levels)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Larrymer posted:

Nothing in the game is that rare. All the mats and blood shards are easy to farm. And at that point you're just speeding up the fun part of the game, collecting stuff for builds. (I'm not one for pushing GRs and paragon levels)

No there are definitely some items that are super rare, try getting a fist of az via upgrading rates and come talk to me when you get one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Got my first String of Ears belt at pp700 and finished my Little Rogue/Slanderer set at p725

Some items are very elusive, but it's as much "I needed 20 specific items" as it is "Manald Heal has a low drop rate"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No there are definitely some items that are super rare, try getting a fist of az via upgrading rates and come talk to me when you get one.

No, I get it. Tasker and Theo was that item for me but I eventually got it. It can be slow but it never took long enough for me to get that frustrated that I quit playing or something though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg that buff to Roland's sweep is enormous

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Logged into the ptr and upgraded 10 fist weapons. Both shenlongs, vengeful wind, scarbringer, fist of az, and a few less useful ones.

I like these changes

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Someone on the ptr explain how the bloodshards for bags of legendaries works please

:wink:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

When I tried it, they only had Necromancer sets and "changed legendaries" for your class, so.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Larrymer posted:

No, I get it. Tasker and Theo was that item for me but I eventually got it. It can be slow but it never took long enough for me to get that frustrated that I quit playing or something though.

It took me half a Season 9 + a week to get a complete Istvan on my Monk last time I tried. RNJesus can be a vengeful god.

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...
With augmentation do I need a specific legendary gem?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Any legendary gem will do, although a few have a lower rank cap than the rest.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
400 paragons, about 6000 blood shards and every single mat I had for the last 300 paragons for a Manald Heal.

I'm fine with legendaries being rare, but if a legendary is effectively the single item most builds (within a class) use to push GR70+ then it's a bit broken/frustrating.

*edit* Wizard has a "mid-tier" build that works without Manald, but it's horrific for speed farming rifts, it also has a "low-tier" farming build without, but that's not really worth mentioning.

Pinball Jizzard fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 17, 2017

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Any legendary gem will do, although a few have a lower rank cap than the rest.

Thanks, what gem/s has the highest level cap?

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

Sometimes this game really shits me. You farm, farm, farm and farm some more for that one piece you've been looking for and then when it finally drops you find it everywhere... Like seriously? gently caress You Blizzard!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Another week, another really squishy character in the Challenge Rift. Roll some Toughness, ffs.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

kingturnip posted:

Another week, another really squishy character in the Challenge Rift. Roll some Toughness, ffs.

At least this rift takes 0 effort.
Vault everywhere, spam vengeance and multishot.
Wonder why dude is using an arcstone with no follower and a hellcat with no grenades

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

At least this rift takes 0 effort.
Vault everywhere, spam vengeance and multishot.
Wonder why dude is using an arcstone with no follower and a hellcat with no grenades

Arcstone works with followers? :aaaaa: :downs:

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."
Played around with a pestilence build on the ptr. Managed a 77 easily with ~1000 paragon points, four ancients with no gems crushed on them, and a non-ancient weapon. Haven't tried but I think johnstone and unity might be better than the compass rose set I've got on now. Using obsidian ring to have land of the dead up for most every pack. The devour chest and scythe of the cycle cubed.

You can blast through 70 like it's nothing now and a lot less boring than lazystorm

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Arcstone works with followers? :aaaaa: :downs:

Yup, but the damage is terrible.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Pinball Jizzard posted:

400 paragons, about 6000 blood shards and every single mat I had for the last 300 paragons for a Manald Heal.

I'm fine with legendaries being rare, but if a legendary is effectively the single item most builds (within a class) use to push GR70+ then it's a bit broken/frustrating.

*edit* Wizard has a "mid-tier" build that works without Manald, but it's horrific for speed farming rifts, it also has a "low-tier" farming build without, but that's not really worth mentioning.

Meanwhile I'm at 500 paragon with roughly 5 manalds found so far, including a pretty decent one with near max int/chc/chd. Around 1200 hours lifetime and only one Hexing Pants. Game is super random.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

keratinous scutes posted:

Someone on the ptr explain how the bloodshards for bags of legendaries works please

:wink:

It's just something for PTR testing. Won't be on live servers. The vendor sells a couple different bags for 500 shards a piece. Each bag is either a class set or a common group of items, ie "fist weapons" or "necromancer rings & amulets". It's basically a way to make sure you can grab any item you want easily for testing purposes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shags posted:

Thanks, what gem/s has the highest level cap?
There's like four gems with specific caps and I believe they're listed on the gem itself ingame? I remember Gem of Ease and Boon of the Hoarder cap at 50, pretty sure that everything else goes to at least 100 so unless you're top-tier poopsocking it won't matter.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Iceblink and boon of the hoarder cap at 50. Esoteric alteration and mutilation guard cap at 100. Gogok of swiftness caps at 150. The rest have no known caps.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't remember the name off hand but the frost shard one has a cap of 50, which surprised me, and as far as I know, the only other 50 than Hoarder. Gogok is another one, and is 100 for sure.

E:fb, but I'll leave it here.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dameius posted:

I don't remember the name off hand but the frost shard one has a cap of 50, which surprised me

Iceblink

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Pinball Jizzard posted:

I started on Monday, got one last night before paragon 120. Still don't have a 5th Tal's :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am doing Necromancer Corpse Lance https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-lance-build-with-trag-oul-set-patch-2-6-season-11 and I may want to switch builds because I am too stupid to not get myself killed by my own skills. Someone please help me not die endlessly to my own skills?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

I am doing Necromancer Corpse Lance https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-lance-build-with-trag-oul-set-patch-2-6-season-11 and I may want to switch builds because I am too stupid to not get myself killed by my own skills. Someone please help me not die endlessly to my own skills?

You need to be spamming both blood lance and consume at the same time while in LoD

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
When you activate the bone zone, do not stop mashing your Devour button while you hold down the Corpse Lance button. If you're still losing health you're either standing in something or not mashing hard enough.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
MASH HARDER

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So I realized last night that at P477 I still haven't had the lvl 70 Sage set plans drop, despite having run easily 25-30 sets of bounties this season. This seems weird to me. I haven't gotten any new plans in at least the last 5 horadric caches, and I feel like in prior seasons I kept getting plans from caches until I had all the plans. I'm definitely using the "All" filter to view craftable gear at the Smith, and no lvl 70 sages.

I guess I should just keep running bounties? Any other good way to farm plans?

Sure wish it was some lame set plan I was missing, like Asheara or Aughild instead of Sage's.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Avarice is such an easy conquest after you figure out Ruins of Corvus. I did it with level 50 hoarder, goldwrap, and goldskin. Green gem in hat, I think I might've forgotten to assign my paragons. I didn't even have avarice band.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Odious collectors and more bounties. I had Sage's set drop pretty late too.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Suspicious posted:

Odious collectors and more bounties. I had Sage's set drop pretty late too.

Thanks. I felt like I remembered in prior seasons that recipes just kept dropping from caches until you had gotten them all, but memory must be failing me on that one. Time to speed through some bounties.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You need to be spamming both blood lance and consume at the same time while in LoD

The problem I am running into is that when I do this I run out of corpses to use to attack enemies with. How I do thing? Ha;lp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The problem I am running into is that when I do this I run out of corpses to use to attack enemies with. How I do thing? Ha;lp

LoTD gives you unlimited corpses and you only kill during those 10 seconds. The other 40-50 seconds are spent zipping around looking for elites/pylons/exits while trying not to die.