Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

whats it like to be mentally retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
how good are moto g+ phones about security updates?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

There Will Be Penalty posted:

how good are moto g+ phones about security updates?

not great i think maybe only one per quarter iirc

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea one per quarter is about right and when it hits it will already be outdated

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

Yea one per quarter is about right and when it hits it will already be outdated

please dont post about my sex life

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

please dont post about my sex life

he didn't say quarter century!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

he didn't say quarter century!

:supaburn:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

re: my brother needs a phone and for some reason has terminal autism. The solution is he's using a phone that by all other accounts are broken (charging cable won't stay in), the solution being having the phone stand on the cable and rest against a wall when charging.

needless to say i've given up

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sounds like he got what he deserves

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Midjack posted:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

get him the iPhone SE

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

OldAlias posted:

get him the iPhone SE

he yelled at me in a high pitched voice when suggested anything apple

Midjack posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yo lastinline what is with dyp constantly trying to find the next big thing that's not a nexus/pixel? they keep talking about the essential phone which costs just as much and has a stupid modular gimmick

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
magnets. also half the features don't work yet. and the camera sucks. but hey stock android

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boiled Water posted:

re: my brother needs a phone and for some reason has terminal autism. The solution is he's using a phone that by all other accounts are broken (charging cable won't stay in), the solution being having the phone stand on the cable and rest against a wall when charging.

have you tried taking it in to the android store?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Boiled Water posted:

nice bigotry jackass

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Wow nice piece of poo poo bland anroid

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Millstone posted:

Wow nice piece of poo poo bland anroid

a blandroid, if you will

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

yo lastinline what is with dyp constantly trying to find the next big thing that's not a nexus/pixel? they keep talking about the essential phone which costs just as much and has a stupid modular gimmick

im not sure i have an accurate read but my quick and dirty assessment is there are three camps

technofetishists who only care about anything thats new and shiny (bull, hotsauce, etc). this is a core android constituancy b/c their primary reason for not getting an iphone is that its boring and not cutting edge. they will never not be looking for something else regardless of the quality of the thing they have

people in weird places that cant get the pixel which apparently is everywhere or where the price is so crazy that its just not practical. i mean i like the pixel but if it cost what a used car does but has to be imported so no warranty lol i guess the moto g is what im getting

poors make up the other big android constituency and can neither afford an $800 phone nor can get financing for $800. they hope against hope there will be some magical way that someone will make something as good as the pixel but at a quarter of the cost because then they could afford it and will have shown us the idiots who spent $800 on a phone how stupid we were :smug:

obv. groups 1 and 3 dont care about how good the pixel (or the iphone) is as it has no bearing on their purchasing decision and group 2 has no choice in the matter

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the guy going on about how great his lg g6 is tho is lol af i honestly thought it was a brilliant posting gimmick for a while there

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
man I thought you were being hyperbolic about the dyp thread but right at the top of the last page

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Huawei is a piece of poo poo company and you are crazy as hell for wanting to buy their products with how they deal with their customers

Mental Hospitality posted:

Or, I've had the Mate 9 since the beginning of the year and it's arguably the best phablet you can buy and has been completely reliable.

Besides, what phone manufacturer isn't a "piece of poo poo" company to someone at this point.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

man I thought you were being hyperbolic about the dyp thread but right at the top of the last page

tbf that guys the only one flying that flag

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
his username is fitting

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

rofl no headphones jack or water resistance or stereo speakers

such courage

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

im not sure i have an accurate read but my quick and dirty assessment is there is one camp

dipshits

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Andy Rubin... Andy-roid... how did I never put that together?

anyway, the market for high end smartphones is now:
iPhone - only one of these that runs a good OS and has the best hardware. also has the best apps and doesn't send all of your personal information to the internet.
Samsung whatever - best android hardware, the most garbage os and will never get updated. most likely to be supported by app makers. also most likely to burn your house down.
pixel - cheap garbage hardware at a premium price because it's the least bad android OS and most likely to get updated. sales: approximately zero.
essential - looks like a nice premium case and display, better hardware than pixel, same os strategy.

so I guess essential is going after the coveted pixel market of essentially zero sales.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The essential phone looks neat and needs to be about half the price

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

My Linux Rig posted:

rofl no headphones jack or water resistance or stereo speakers

such courage

lol if your phone doesn't have 7.1 surround

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
you only have two ears!!!!1!!11!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maybe essential will make a headphone jack module

pram
Jun 10, 2001
tfw stock android

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Endless Mike posted:

maybe essential will make a headphone jack module

nah they'll just emulate iPhone some more and make it a lovely dongle cause apple did it so should we

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
headphone jacks are dead. deal with it.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

Yep. The AirPods are good. It's time to let go of wired headphones.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

eric posted:

Yep. The AirPods are good. It's time to let go of wired headphones.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Management posted:

lol ok

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

airpods are a fantastic product, but really in general wireless headphones are amazing.

i have been waiting decades for a small, tangle-free, snag-free pair of headphones with great battery life. and now they exist. embrace the future.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i hope people can stop fighting wars now that we are in the future

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

i hope people can stop fighting wars now that we are in the future

bread, circuses and liveleaks ISIS videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU