Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm genuinely amused that there are all these goons wanting formulas and probably spreadsheets for how things like loot distribution works to the T, the Discord's badness rating and how exactly player ratings are calculated. Just play the game, maybe you'll get better and won't need to worry about any of it.
Thanks for the tips on how to enjoy my hobbies, friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Zipperelli. posted:

I've landed at the prison ("Murder City" to my squad) and found it barren before. Not like, someone slid in and looted everything; I mean like, we were the only team to land there, and there wasn't even any rifles. Best thing we found was a Micro Uzi.

Point is, RNG sucks dick, and you're never guaranteed poo poo in this terrible game that I love so much.

Murder City, I wish that we had thought of calling it that. We've always called it the crater, which sounds lame in comparison.

Do we know when exactly vaulting will be added into the game or is it a "soon" thing? I can't wait to see how it changes combat.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Confer posted:

Murder City, I wish that we had thought of calling it that. We've always called it the crater, which sounds lame in comparison.

Good news it's Murder Crater because it's not a city at all.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Zipperelli. posted:

I've landed at the prison ("Murder City" to my squad) and found it barren before. Not like, someone slid in and looted everything; I mean like, we were the only team to land there, and there wasn't even any rifles. Best thing we found was a Micro Uzi.

Point is, RNG sucks dick, and you're never guaranteed poo poo in this terrible game that I love so much.

One time my squad was going to rozhok and noticed literally no one was going to school. We rerouted and no one came, was pretty weird.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Love to spend my time kitting myself out at the military base and getting into the last 25, only for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v08y2aGbWds

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

Rookoo posted:

Love to spend my time kitting myself out at the military base and getting into the last 25, only for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v08y2aGbWds

Maybe don't lay prone/still and you won't get run the gently caress over?

Which is to say, in the immortal words of our savior Ludacris: Move bitch.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm genuinely amused that there are all these goons wanting formulas and probably spreadsheets for how things like loot distribution works to the T, the Discord's badness rating and how exactly player ratings are calculated. Just play the game, maybe you'll get better and won't need to worry about any of it.

Stats are life. I have stopped playing as much because FPP don't have stats yet. I am motivated by a virtual number :shrug:

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

ControlledBurn posted:

Maybe don't lay prone/still and you won't get run the gently caress over?

Which is to say, in the immortal words of our savior Ludacris: Move bitch.

I mean, I wasn't going to be doing much moving in the span of 3 seconds which is why I tried to aim at him, not expecting the scope to be pointing at the ground.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

There is a big difference between knowing the best starting locations (because they give you the highest chance of coming out with loot needed to win mid-game fights) and knowing the literal frequency of item spawns which is utterly useless information. One guess which the effective players of this game care about.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Confer posted:

Or you know, don't sit still long enough to get hit by a crossbow. Bob and weave baby!

Ahem... https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertDarlingTapirBibleThump

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Rookoo posted:

I mean, I wasn't going to be doing much moving in the span of 3 seconds which is why I tried to aim at him, not expecting the scope to be pointing at the ground.

They really do need to work on this. I'm sure it's on their to do list. There's nothing more annoying then lying prone and the scope pointing either down or straight up when you zoom in

Unfortunately this guy is a God and there's nothing you can do other than dive behind cover.

Confer fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 18, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enigma89 posted:

Not calling you out specifically, but it is interesting to see that rating really favors volume of games. The more you play, the higher your rating will be regardless if your stats are really that decent or not.

There's massive inflation in this game, but it doesn't go up to infinity. As soon as you start losing points at #11/100 with multiple kills climbing slows down considerably.

Edit: I can also guarantee you there's an internal, hidden MMR. And that the Win Rating MMR is influenced by how many kills you have, which kinda makes it pointless. Your rating is heavily weighted towards your MMR to the point where in an individual match you can kill 0 people, deal fewer damage, die in the first 2 minutes and still make more points in the end than whoever carried you even if your initial rating was higher.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 18, 2017

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rookoo posted:

Your were aimed exactly where you left your crosshair when you started to freelook, which is where the camera returns to when you stop free looking

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Its crazy to me that people are not playing 1pp because it does not have stats. Caring about stats is a great way to make games not fun. Just play because you enjoy it, not because you care about some number. Just go play CSGO instead if you care about rank or stats. I would rather just do crazy things and if I end up with decent stats, thats a bonus.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Stealthgerbil posted:

Its crazy to me that people are not playing 1pp because it does not have stats. Caring about stats is a great way to make games not fun. Just play because you enjoy it, not because you care about some number. Just go play CSGO instead if you care about rank or stats. I would rather just do crazy things and if I end up with decent stats, thats a bonus.

Also whenever first person gets stats they'll inevitably complain about how bad they are in FPP because they haven't been playing it lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I don't enjoy 1pp as much because there is no match making by stats anymore so me and my friends tend to get wrecked by more organized and better players. It's fun but until some semblance of balancing is put in place I enjoy 3rd person.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
One could just play 3pp the way the Lord intended us to

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I don't play fpp because I like seeing my dude run around.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't play fpp because I like seeing my dude run around.

We all know you play third person so that you can see your woman run around

Edit: As do the rest of us

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Right now in fpp everyone is super aggro and basically like 70% of the player field is dead by the time the second circle hits so it will be interesting to see how that changes with stat tracking

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
My friends don't like playing FPP. I need to get new friends.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I don't play FPP because I am still poo poo in 3PP. :ohdear:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Confer posted:

Unfortunately this guy is a God and there's nothing you can do other than dive behind cover.

I think the sudden and erratic stopping is the best tactic. Would've killed him on the first shot if he didn't abruptly stop, the only reason I did kill him was pure luck after that. Serpentine movement is good, but you have to throw in sudden stops too. Also, never be still in windows or while looting, it's so easy to line up a head shot to the face, so that it by-passes the helmet entirely.

wolrah posted:

My friends don't like playing FPP. I need to get new friends.

Get in the discord and make new friends that don't like to camp so much.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I don't play FPP because I am still poo poo in 3PP. :ohdear:

fpp is less punishing than 3pp.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm curious if how much better I am at FPP has more to do with the lack of an MMR or with the gameplay just being a lot more intuitive.

I definitely see a lot of players in the initial drop doing dumb poo poo and getting killed for it but I also drop and play more aggressively than I did in 3pp so I don't have a frame of reference

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

RizieN posted:

Also, never be still in windows or while looting, it's so easy to line up a head shot to the face, so that it by-passes the helmet entirely.

Woah, wait a minute. The head doesn't act as one big hitbox? You can actually shoot at the open areas of the face and it will bypass the helmets protection?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Confer posted:

Woah, wait a minute. The head doesn't act as one big hitbox? You can actually shoot at the open areas of the face and it will bypass the helmets protection?

I'm 95 % sure that's not correct. The helmet covers the face too.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

The Mash posted:

I'm 95 % sure that's not correct. The helmet covers the face too.

Right. Otherwise the level 1 helmet would be more valuable than the level 2 because it covers more of the head / face.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I always put on a ballistic mask when I find it to protect my face please do not ruin this superstition of mine

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

RizieN posted:

it's so easy to line up a head shot to the face, so that it by-passes the helmet entirely.

Please thread

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

quiggy posted:

I always put on a ballistic mask when I find it to protect my face please do not ruin this superstition of mine

"ballistic mask and a level 2 helmet so they think I'm wearing a level 3 helmet heh heh..

..poo poo gas mask, is it gonna be a game where I'm in the gas??"

legit dilemmas of quiggy every game

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like when I shoot a level 2 helmet on the dome it doesn't always knock them, but if I shoot them in the mouth it does. Also, why would there be a ballistic mask if your face didn't need protecting? (I know people say it does nothing right now).

Some googling shows this PUBG forum thread :

quote:

As pivan said there is a damage reduction when wearing a helmet. The open side will not provide a 100% damage to the head instead it will be reduced by the modifier. Hope that helps!

There are plenty of reddit threads saying that only a level 3 protects your face too, however credible you find that. Maybe I'll go test it out on some team-mates, hope they don't report me!

And what does "please thread" mean?

e; oh, and I've also gotten lit up by bullets and my armor and helmet are 100% fine. Like getting shot in the leg...

RizieN fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 18, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

RizieN posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like when I shoot a level 2 helmet on the dome it doesn't always knock them, but if I shoot them in the mouth it does. Also, why would there be a ballistic mask if your face didn't need protecting? (I know people say it does nothing right now).

Some googling shows this PUBG forum thread :

There are plenty of reddit threads saying that only a level 3 protects your face too, however credible you find that. Maybe I'll go test it out on some team-mates, hope they don't report me!

And what does "please thread" mean?

e; oh, and I've also gotten lit up by bullets and my armor and helmet are 100% fine. Like getting shot in the leg...

It means please read the thread. We've discussed it multiple times. Also, there are videos that prove it on youtube AND the quote you just posted also confirms that helmets protect the face.

edit: Legs and arms do not take off chest armor durability.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 18, 2017

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

"ballistic mask and a level 2 helmet so they think I'm wearing a level 3 helmet heh heh..

..poo poo gas mask, is it gonna be a game where I'm in the gas??"

legit dilemmas of quiggy every game

Thank you for recognizing my struggles

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is there an optimal skin color in game? Going to switch to being a woman for the smaller hitbox and figured I should change my skin color as well.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

quiggy posted:

mine are: am I going to find a level 3 helmet this game and if so do I want to RP darth vadar with a gas mask?! Ballastic is so scary to the other guys though!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Fun: jump punching a guy in the head once to kill him as soon as he lands and gets out of the parachute.
Notfun: Forgetting to rebind your 'crouch' key and your 'put away weapon' key, and accidentally hitting the wrong one. Guess one I hit by accident when I was in top 3....

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

quiggy posted:

Does the gas mask actually reduce blue damage taken or is it a placebo?

Edit: and I face the same struggle when I'm trying to chose between a sniper rifle or a close range weapon.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The only piece of clothing with any tactical value is the Utility Belt, which gives you a +50 to carrying capacity.

Everything else is cosmetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stealthgerbil posted:

Different people find different things fun.

• Locked thread