Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSeRRoD posted:

LoTD gives you unlimited corpses and you only kill during those 10 seconds. The other 40-50 seconds are spent zipping around looking for elites/pylons/exits while trying not to die.
In other words, maybe don't actually use that build unless you harbour a profound and perpetual loathing of yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
The build sounds bad when you see it described, but in reality it's kind of relaxing except for how squishy it can be. It's fun that everything's stunned during your attack periods and you just zip around in between. That 50s goes faster than it sounds, too. I thought I'd hate it but really enjoy it. The main downside is that it takes as long to do an easy GR as a hard one because you're so cooldown limited.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

mewse posted:

Avarice is such an easy conquest after you figure out Ruins of Corvus. I did it with level 50 hoarder, goldwrap, and goldskin. Green gem in hat, I think I might've forgotten to assign my paragons. I didn't even have avarice band.

Cow Level, it is like doing the speed run version of of Ruins of Corvus for Avarice. No preparation needed, just jump in and start killing poo poo. If you get the Queen near the portal, just run the other direction. Wearing or cubing the gold trifecta with an emerald in your helmet, or if you spare it, in a Leoric's Crown will get you the achievement in no time.

I do cow levels on t13 with around 17-18k gold find as part of my farm gear and routinely and accidentally get 50m+ chains as just par the course.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Started playing this again after ages away and really digging my hammerdin. I'm on gr90, gems the same level, and have 3 extra gems leveled to 90 tabbed for augmenting. About half my gear is ancient, no primals yet. Should I wait until the next patch maybe shakes things up or until I pull a couple primals or should I just jam them on my best 3 ancients right now? I have no augments and ~800 paragon

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Waiting for Primal anything is not recommended, Augment away

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Put it this way, you'll get a lot more high level gems than you will primals that fit your build.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Is there a way to contact GBS and other HC clans? I see very few of them in the LLJK community and playing HC alone is boring.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Suspicious posted:

Is there a way to contact GBS and other HC clans? I see very few of them in the LLJK community and playing HC alone is boring.

You can join GBS, but since the majority of LLJK is SC, I don't think many people join it. There's also a much smaller playerbase these days, so you may only find 1-5 people on at one time, mostly at night, and maybe a few more on the weekend. We used to have 80+ on season starts, but the last 2 seasons, we've had under 20 (though necromancer did give it a boost at the start).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had to take a break after 5 seasons of HC, and it's crazy how in one season of SC my seasonal account is miles and miles ahead of my launch SC account. Not losing all your progress when you die is like a massive boost, who knew?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I played a while back and am just getting back into the game now. One of the things I really love about this game is that I can throw jars of spiders at my enemies. I notice that none of the endgame builds for witch doctor involve spider jars, but are there any where switching in spiders is at all viable and won't totally break the build?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Suspicious posted:

I'm still playing, feel free to add me (Devo#1851). I see a few others active in the GBS clan every night, so definitely join that if you haven't already.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

It's going to be the monk starting set next season too, based on the last few cycles. I foresee a lot of monks starting S12.

With DH getting nats next season I'm pretty sure I'm going back to monk. The sunwuko and uliana buffs are making monks great again.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mewse posted:

With DH getting nats next season I'm pretty sure I'm going back to monk. The sunwuko and uliana buffs are making monks great again.

I wish they would have tweaked the exploding palm variants sometime during the last handful of patches. Impending Doom is just head and shoulders better than all the rest.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kadala poo poo me a krysbin's last night, now I just need a kalan and I'm good to try to climb the ancient chase hill.

Krysbin's is loving good

mewse
May 2, 2006

Vakal posted:

I wish they would have tweaked the exploding palm variants sometime during the last handful of patches. Impending Doom is just head and shoulders better than all the rest.

That's something Davlok mentioned in his testing thread that the other runes should be made more appealing

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

PathAsc posted:

Kadala poo poo me a krysbin's last night, now I just need a kalan and I'm good to try to climb the ancient chase hill.

Krysbin's is loving good
I still feel it's really strange and arguably poor item design. I can't think of another legendary that is such a complete must-have for an entire class regardless of build other than Krysbin's.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

I still feel it's really strange and arguably poor item design. I can't think of another legendary that is such a complete must-have for an entire class regardless of build other than Krysbin's.

Isn't the Furnace a staple of like 6 builds?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not for like two years, no.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It still gets cubed in some.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

MMAgCh posted:

Dawn is close for DH. It's basically a big band-aid that reads "We can't get you balanced, so here have perma-Vengeance."

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Cubed is mostly what I meant.
I remember looking through wizard builds a while back on IV, and a lot of it had Furnace in the cube, with nothing in particular coming close to dethroning it

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
CoE feels like its a must have in far more builds than not.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Hobold posted:

CoE feels like its a must have in far more builds than not.

It really is, which makes Krysbins all the more absurd given that it's a CoE on steroids.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Metal Meltdown posted:

It really is, which makes Krysbins all the more absurd given that it's a CoE on steroids.

krysbins and CoE on my speed farming build.

Necro only has 3 elements to rotate through. :allears:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Isn't the Furnace a staple of like 6 builds?

So talking of Furnace, I found one very early after 70 on DH, which I wasn't expecting. Thought it would be a good thing to cube while I crafted away for the obligatory Dawn...and the thing is not an option, though it is on Necro (who will also probably never use it).

Turns out all the other maces I could have as cube weapon are 1H, so I guess that's because DH can't use 2H maces?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

xiansi posted:

So talking of Furnace, I found one very early after 70 on DH, which I wasn't expecting. Thought it would be a good thing to cube while I crafted away for the obligatory Dawn...and the thing is not an option, though it is on Necro (who will also probably never use it).

Turns out all the other maces I could have as cube weapon are 1H, so I guess that's because DH can't use 2H maces?

That's correct. If you can't equip a thing, you can't use it as a cube option.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mind over Matter posted:

Dawn is close for DH. It's basically a big band-aid that reads "We can't get you balanced, so here have perma-Vengeance."

To be fair, as dumb as perma-Vengeance is (my transmogs :argh: ) it's better than the situation with half the other classes in the game where you're dependent on a partial-uptime steroid skill to do real damage in the upper tiers.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mind over Matter posted:

That's a good point. I can't remember the last time I saw a DH build that didn't have Dawn cubed.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Coe/krys/kalan/briggs is so good for lazystorm imo. I don't care if it's not optimal, it's fun for me and feels really good.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Which builds require the least amount of button mashing? I've been running shadow DH and it's fun, but I want to mix it up a little. LoN WD looks fun but gently caress trying to get all that ancient gear.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Helltooth WD has almost no button pressing at all.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Which builds require the least amount of button mashing? I've been running shadow DH and it's fun, but I want to mix it up a little. LoN WD looks fun but gently caress trying to get all that ancient gear.

Wastes Barbarian can be played by basically holding down whirlwind and keeping your buffs up when they are about to drop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mind over Matter posted:

Wastes Barbarian can be played by basically holding down whirlwind and keeping your buffs up when they are about to drop.

And you can easily program an input device to do that for you

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

Helltooth WD has almost no button pressing at all.

Just your frequent hopes and prayers that your pets stop being idiots and attack the things coming to kill you

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just your frequent hopes and prayers that your pets stop being idiots and attack the things coming to kill you

"No, stop chasing that loving fallen, and kill this elite befo... welp, I'm dead."

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

To be fair, as dumb as perma-Vengeance is (my transmogs :argh: )

Too loving right! Do I get to see my suave, understated, gentlemanly assassin (and his pet psycho cow) dish out the knife-murder?

I do not. Just some glowy blue thing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Hobold posted:

"No, stop chasing that loving fallen, and kill this elite befo... welp, I'm dead."

This is true but while you are hoping you aren't pressing buttons.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

xiansi posted:

Too loving right! Do I get to see my suave, understated, gentlemanly assassin (and his pet psycho cow) dish out the knife-murder?

I do not. Just some glowy blue thing.

drat, that's a sharp mog, I dig it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The aptly named Lazystorm necro consists, at its core, of refreshing Bone Armour once every minute and otherwise doing nothing but moving around, melting monsters by virtue of being in their general vicinity.

It gets somewhat more involved if you care about life sustain and killing elites faster, though. Personally I use the Satiate rune on Devour, which doesn't need to be spammed as much as the life regeneration one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Non-Inarius Bone Armor is the literal worst visual. Thin, creepy necromancer becomes... bone hulk. Blech.