Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawzy
Dec 13, 2002

maybe a dumb question, will 2.6.1 be live during season 11?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hawzy posted:

maybe a dumb question, will 2.6.1 be live during season 11?

No.. they'll hotfix bugs and stuff but they'll generally never do balance changes during a season because it would gently caress up the leaderboards

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Siets posted:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Siets-1251/hero/93803821

I started this season a little late and ran out of topazes for rolling a socket on my Traveller's Pledge, which is why that one isn't socketed yet. In general I'm still missing some things here and there, hence the oddly placed Tasker and Theo. Thanks for the help!
Cooldown reduction in general isn't really needed for the Lazystorm build in my opinion, so I'd enchant it away wherever possible (to Damage% on the weapon, Armour on the shoulders, and Vitality on the gloves; also stick an amethyst in your helmet instead). I personally also run a Unity because I really hate dying, so consider working towards that as well. You already know that you want an Aquila Cuirass in the cube, it sounds like.

Drop Death Nova or Grim Scythe for Devour. Most people use the Cannibalise rune, though I like Satiated for the considerable boost to life. Depending on how lazy you'd like the build to be you might also consider slotting Corpse Lance with the stun rune, which lets you burst down elites and the like very quickly (unless they have the Juggernaut affix in which case you're SOL).

As was said, socketing a third legendary gem and getting more levels on them in general is going to make you kill stuff significantly faster as well.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I got a primal iron rose (the one that casts death Nova with siphon blood) and that works like a charm. Cash into elites, siphon the highest health, and watch death Nova and bone storm wipe everything away. No need for bone spirit (although I use it for bosses)

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Are you sure? It's still listed as a dagger in the game guide, even with the affix.
Hilariously, it is also listed in the game guide as a ceremonial knife.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Obligatory Paragon 666 gained.

I would be doing higher but im constantly farming gems and legendary gems. My build could easily farm 70s no problem.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I am almost finished with my Rathma's set and was able to get the Cube Ring from gambling rings with a level 1 necro but was wondering what the best way to get Jesseth's set is? I thought I read that gambling isn't horrible because of the small pool of items for the 1-hand weapon and Off-hand.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Gamble shields, upgrade 1h scythes.

Gambling for weapons is really bad because you can only target 1h or 2h, which means while you want a scythe you'll also get maces and axes and swords and etc.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
e: query was answered a few pages back, ignore this garbage

buildmorefarms fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 22, 2017

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

bio347 posted:

Gamble shields, upgrade 1h scythes.

Gambling for weapons is really bad because you can only target 1h or 2h, which means while you want a scythe you'll also get maces and axes and swords and etc.

Upgrade rare scythes? Do the stats matter?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MrSargent posted:

Upgrade rare scythes? Do the stats matter?

Yes. No.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Hey Starman, if you wanted to trigger my twister era PTSD, you should have linked something like this:

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Speaking of twister PTSD, looks like DMO Twister is pushing GR 100+ on PTR....

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Suspicious posted:

Hey Starman, if you wanted to trigger my twister era PTSD, you should have linked something like this:

k

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Rift Challenge this week is brutal. Barely any elites and the first floor is a terrible layout.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The Rift Challenge this week is brutal. Barely any elites and the first floor is a terrible layout.

Just kill everything. I don't think I even used command skeletons once since there is no Jesseth set. Just make mages constantly and they will kill everything. You also get a few pylons, including conduit and power, so that helps a lot. That stupid cathedral map was annoying though, finding myself in dead ends a few times and having to backtrack, losing my mages in the process.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I have never not beat the challenges on the first try. Always group up with pubbies and it seems super simple, maybe it doesn't quite scale perfectly or I am better at smashing buttons (I don't pay too much attention to the build they're using :v:) than Joe Shmoe challenge rifter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Usually I beat it the first try, but it is complete news to me that you can do the Rift Challenge with other players. I never noticed that but I also solo this game 99% of the time by choice. :P

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Usually I beat it the first try, but it is complete news to me that you can do the Rift Challenge with other players. I never noticed that but I also solo this game 99% of the time by choice. :P

Play with goons, play with pubs for better/faster drops/exp. But to each their own.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Ive done literally 30 gob vaults the past few days just keepin an eye on gob and rift chat

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the drops are so much better in groups. Bounties are ridiculously fast too since you can all each "solo" an act and still get full credit for the other acts. Play with goons/pubs.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Honestly if I couldn't do bounties in groups I'd never do them as I bet it'd be more time effective to run rifts looking to get another of the same drop/upgrade more rares than reforging.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

I said come in! posted:

Beat it on my first try with a minute and a half to spare. :shobon:

The first floor is pretty bad though. At least the build uses Blood Rush with the extra charge rune and the "bonus MS after Blood Rushing" boots, both of which help quite a bit.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

New PTR patch. Some things that didn't get big enough numbers got bigger numbers.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

quote:

Wrath of the Wastes
  • (4) Set
    • During Whirlwind and for 3 seconds after, you gain 50% damage reduction and your applied Rends deal triple damage.
Well, that's certainly a start. Mantle of Channelling doesn't appear to have been changed (which may be difficult as it's not a WW-specific item), though, so unless its bonuses already persist after the character stops channelling, using Rend will still entail a drop in damage and damage reduction.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DrSeRRoD posted:

New PTR patch. Some things that didn't get big enough numbers got bigger numbers.

50% DR on Akkhan 6pc. Oh baby.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I like that they're buffing the sets nobody uses (and even ones that people do use but the builds aren't really T13 viable like UE Multishot :neckbeard:), should make endgame builds a lot more varied. :)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
UE multi is hella t13 viable, it's my every day speedfarming build.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Larrymer posted:

I like that they're buffing the sets nobody uses (and even ones that people do use but the builds aren't really T13 viable like UE Multishot :neckbeard:), should make endgame builds a lot more varied. :)

UE Multishot not T13 viable? I trust this is a joke.

That Natalya's buff is interesting, might actually be decent now. Just in time too since its the DH free set in S12 :getin:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Nat's problem isn't lack of damage. I was doing speed 70s in sub 5 minutes with completely unaugmented gear this season. The problem is it's squishy as hell (it used to be the tankiest, oh how things changed) and IAS is really, really bad for it. To the point where you need to remove your paragon IAS and roll it off all pieces that have it if you don't want to have critical hatred issues, with no increased DPS upside.

Also these numbers are crazy, there's no way we're not getting Torment 14 15 and 16 next season.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Finally my 3 primal Natalia pieces will be not worthless

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

SiliconX posted:

That Natalya's buff is interesting, might actually be decent now. Just in time too since its the DH free set in S12 :getin:

If "viable" means quickly finishing a non-lovely rift without dying, it's fine.

But if you make less breaths/keys/whatever over time compared to running a lower difficulty, then it's not the best option.

I have para 720 this season, with pretty decent and mostly ancient UE gear, and a couple of 65 augments, and still can't faceroll a T13 rift as fast as 12.

It's still kind of more fun than Shadow knives for mindlessly nuking everything when farming, but I won't say no to a buff! And also looking forward to actually trying Natalya's for once.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Done.

Mastered 16 set dungeons :shepicide:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
You poor fool.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Congratulations, fellow sperglord.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol there's a leaderboard for achievement points

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

xiansi posted:

If "viable" means quickly finishing a non-lovely rift without dying, it's fine.

But if you make less breaths/keys/whatever over time compared to running a lower difficulty, then it's not the best option.

I have para 720 this season, with pretty decent and mostly ancient UE gear, and a couple of 65 augments, and still can't faceroll a T13 rift as fast as 12.

It's still kind of more fun than Shadow knives for mindlessly nuking everything when farming, but I won't say no to a buff! And also looking forward to actually trying Natalya's for once.

720 paragon is like half a finished character. You don't really get to easy t13 farming till you start pushing 2mil DPS.

quote:

Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

(6) Set

Increased number of Archon stacks gained when hitting with an Archon ability from 1 to 2

You also gain Archon stacks when you hit with an Archon ability. Archon stacks now also reduce damage taken by 0.15% and have their damage bonus increased to 18%.

Can't tell if that's a buff or not

Guilty fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 23, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
It's a huge buff. Right now, archon stacks only provide 6% dmg per and no damage reduction beyond what the vyr4 bonus provides.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's right about where Vyr's 6pc would have to land to compete with the Tal's Archon variant, and way less finicky too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

SiliconX posted:

Compared to other DH builds, it's not. I love Multi on TX where you can pretty much blow up the entire screen or kill enemies before you even see them. In T13 you don't do enough damage to do this, hence the buff (hopefully). Yes you can go through and kill stuff on T13 but it feels like much more of a slog vs. Impale or other builds.

Guilty posted:

720 paragon is like half a finished character.

:allears: