Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fourth edition was the first time D&D gave real thought to the game aspects of the system, so naturally a million idiots lost their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

"You know, that Trump guy would be pretty cool if Russia weren't holding him back. Vote for us, the party that's Trump but without the Russian influence!"

Serf
May 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fourth edition was the first time D&D gave real thought to the game aspects of the system, so naturally a million idiots lost their minds.

it attempted to introduce actual balance to the classes and a functioning combat challenge system and for that it was pilloried by small, smooth brains

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

4e was such a great step forward for D&D but the tabletop role-playing community is trash.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

page 686, coincidentally the intel chip family that is currently powering the most expensive instruments in this dumb lab

at least you get 90s tech, most industrial equipment uses that good 80s poo poo.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jazerus posted:

spelljammer

*prepares lawsuit very Games Workshopishly*

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I was just showing my wife and large (adult) children that tentacle ships exist!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
SKULLSHIP (cannot land) (too many spikes)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agean90 posted:

at least you get 90s tech, most industrial equipment uses that good 80s poo poo.

I learned yesterday that you can literally just move a hard drive from one windows 95 computer to a completely different one and it will work, at least in this particular instance.

Also ISA cards can sometimes communicate with programs while completely bypassing windows.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jazerus posted:

that's a weird way to abbreviate final fantasy tactics

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jazerus posted:

spelljammer

drat this rules so hard. i remember looking at my uncle's spelljammer book back in the day and thinking it was the coolest poo poo

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Anybody ever play Cyberpunk 2020? That's my favorite tabletop, probably the best firearms focused combat rules I've seen without going Avalon Hill.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

4e was such a great step forward for D&D but the tabletop role-playing community is trash.

like most nerd communities

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

*prepares lawsuit very Games Workshopishly*

your dumb space marines don't ride around in longships pulled by dragons

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

I learned yesterday that you can literally just move a hard drive from one windows 95 computer to a completely different one and it will work, at least in this particular instance.

Also ISA cards can sometimes communicate with programs while completely bypassing windows.

I make fun of how low tech a lot of the computer equipment for oil and gas is but honestly I can see why they wouldn't throw out a functioning purpose made system for Windows Vista or whatever since it works fine and the operators will need training on it regsrdless.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Agean90 posted:

the switch from black to grey/beige is when gear went to poo poo

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Anybody ever play Cyberpunk 2020? That's my favorite tabletop, probably the best firearms focused combat rules I've seen without going Avalon Hill.

Yes I still have it too

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Kanga rat murder society

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Kanga rat murder society

ISLAND OF THE GOD WATCHERS :stare::stare::stare:

Serf
May 5, 2011

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

cyberpunk rules and mike pondsmith is awesome. looking forward to the witcher guys making cyberpunk a bigger deal than dungeons and dragons

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

the tabletop role-playing community is trash.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/_index.php

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agean90 posted:

I make fun of how low tech a lot of the computer equipment for oil and gas is but honestly I can see why they wouldn't throw out a functioning purpose made system for Windows Vista or whatever since it works fine and the operators will need training on it regsrdless.

yeah the ISA interface cards on this thing are 20 years old and still working great, probably because they were made back when photolithography processes were still almost macroscopic.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Abyss Ant

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

worse than the card game community, where BO is considered a valid tactic for throwing your opponent off guard?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

money is a disease

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

zegermans posted:

worse than the card game community, where BO is considered a valid tactic for throwing your opponent off guard?

There's a lot of overlap, but yes

Serf
May 5, 2011

drat, i keep this exact page open at work so i can browse it when i'm bored

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Corporations are good! That's why the NYT is proud to endorse The Trump Organization for president in 2020.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Serf
May 5, 2011

there's even a podcast that does 3-10 minute episodes covering everything in the monstrous manual. they mostly goof off but there's some cool stuff in there if u don't like reading

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Planescape is Bae.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The "lol nothing matters"est game is Delta Green because you can't win and you're all expendable.

You don't even have to really explore the Cthulhu mythos all that much: just have players deal with the problem of getting guns through security, or the Homeland Security implications of stirring up a terrorist threat in order to justify deploying an HRT squad against cultists.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Planescape is Bae.

is yr av from a dark ages vampire book

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Just realized Trump is gonna use the press release against the Dems and to push for the wall.

"Look folks, we need to get this wall built now. Even the Democrats are pushing for it."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

The "lol nothing matters"est game is Delta Green because you can't win and you're all expendable.

You don't even have to really explore the Cthulhu mythos all that much: just have players deal with the problem of getting guns through security, or the Homeland Security implications of stirring up a terrorist threat in order to justify deploying an HRT squad against cultists.

if you wanna talk 90s games w greg stolze involvement and which feel cspam af the answer is unknown armies

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the correct answer to best setting in general tho is glorantha

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we're gonna build the wall,

and the millennials are gonna pay for it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Cyberpunk is rad and DnD is trash also Bethesda is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obama deported more people at a time of historically low illegal immigration :thumbsup:

• Locked thread